(Topic ID: 11022)

Would you trade MM for TRON LE???

By Drano

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

AT the risk of starting some controversy, I'm curious... how many of you would trade a fully restored MM with all the bells and whistles for a new TRON Limited Edition?

I like my MM... I don't love it. But, the kids, family and friends get a good kick out of it so I keep it around (plus I don't think I'd find another). Then, I played a regular TRON and was surpised that I actually enjoyed the game a lot. I never thought I would say this about a newer Stern, but I really started to take notice after SM and IM. The TRON LE just looks over the top, but with a price tag to match. If I ever did consider shifting the MM, this could be the one to do it. Am I nuts?

So, let's get a show of hands: MM vs. TRON LE

#2 12 years ago

That will be a very good question after the next Tron code update

#3 12 years ago

Not without some kind of $$$ kicker on top.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Not without some kind of $$$ kicker on top.

+1

#5 12 years ago

mm is worth several thousand more, so no.

#6 12 years ago

NO WAY!

#8 12 years ago

Never

#9 12 years ago

If you decide you want to do this, i'll buy you one & throw some cash on top.

#10 12 years ago

No way, I would say a MM restored fully if done properly would bring anywhere from 10-15K depending on who restored it and Tron LE is nowhere near that!!

#11 12 years ago

NOT A CHANCE

but if you do... work it out with dave

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

No way, I would say a MM restored fully if done properly would bring anywhere from 10-15K depending on who restored it and Tron LE is nowhere near that!!

Sorry, should have clarified it would not be a straight trade. Certainly some money would have to change hands, but purely on the merits of the two games???

#13 12 years ago

They are both great games. I would love to have either. If MM is now $15K, cross me off the list!

#14 12 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo...................

#16 12 years ago

I like MM, but not for 15K.

I have tried Tron, but just can't get into it.

#17 12 years ago

Not even close

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

If MM is now $15K, cross me off the list!

I have seen some of the high end restores get that for one...not saying any old restoration would get that.

#19 12 years ago

Both pins are in my personal top 15 despite what my pinside ratings state. I like to think of tron as a reverse whirlwind on steroids.

#20 12 years ago

Probably two of my have games (only played tron pro and love it). But based on value and replay ability. I'd take MM. But both would be great as a combo.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Both pins are in my personal top 15 despite what my pinside ratings state. I like to think of tron as a reverse Whirlwind on steroids.

I always compare it to WW, too. Games that, when you look at the goals, are pretty simple to understand but excruciatingly difficult to pull off and master. It's like crack...one more....one more.

#22 12 years ago

Thanks all for confirming what I probably already knew... maybe I should spend a bit more time playing Tron before I do anything rash
Wish I had access to an LE though. I wonder if the extra toys makes a massive difference to the overal game?

#23 12 years ago

Tron is a great game, but it's no MM....

Wait awhile and there will be LE's for sale, for me the lit ramps alone are worth the extra money...

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Wish I had access to an LE though. I wonder if the extra toys makes a massive difference to the overal game?

extra mode(s?) also vs. the pro. I've played both but haven't gotten far enough into the game on the pro to comment. I can say it's alot less attractive without the lighting, for sure.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Wait awhile and there will be LE's for sale

+1

#26 12 years ago

Tron le is a sweet game and cool looking, but you have the icon MM. Stay put...MM are only going up

#27 12 years ago

I absolutely love my Tron LE and even though MM is considered a "holy grail" pin, it would be extremely tough for me to part with my mint Tron LE (especially after all the upgrades I have put on it)

#28 12 years ago

Gonna go against the heard here. I think MM is a turd. Hate it. Boring over the top game. Its value far exceed's its play ability. If it wher straight themed not knights meets basketball meets python maybe but as it stands meh. Shots meh game meh. My opinion. I know lots of people who own them for the sake of owning them. Yup they have oddles of cash. DO any of you think this game is worth 8-12g or is it worth 3-4g playwise. Think about that. Its right up there with bbb for overpriced 3 grand game. OF course i can walk into my lcoal arcade and play BBB and MM when i want but still.

Only reason it is coveted is the market. This game was a flying piece of shit when it was released always breaking dragon wings busted all over playfield. Any of you remember this when it was new on lcoation? i do. It was such a small run because of how CV panned out and how Distros where waiting for games to go on close out so Williams wised up and cut teh shit and ran a small batch. There where more pre ordred for mm then there where games. SO i have been told...From LTG

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

AT the risk of starting some controversy, I'm curious... how many of you would trade a fully restored MM with all the bells and whistles for a new TRON Limited Edition?
I like my MM... I don't love it. But, the kids, family and friends get a good kick out of it so I keep it around (plus I don't think I'd find another). Then, I played a regular TRON and was surpised that I actually enjoyed the game a lot. I never thought I would say this about a newer Stern, but I really started to take notice after SM and IM. The TRON LE just looks over the top, but with a price tag to match. If I ever did consider shifting the MM, this could be the one to do it. Am I nuts?
So, let's get a show of hands: MM vs. TRON LE

Nuff said

#30 12 years ago

+1

#31 12 years ago

I would rather have MM, i would think most pinheads would but that would be up to you, I'm sure you could find someone that would love to trade you their Tron LE for your MM. I would ask for at least $2K to sweeten the deal, being that MM's sell for sometimes as much as $10,000, especially if its "all bells and whistles" like you say. Best of luck!

#32 12 years ago

No way.

Might sell MM and buy something else. I always did prefer AFM.

Tron LE is fun but I was slightly disappointed overall.

#33 12 years ago

I have both and would say no. MM is over priced but is a good pin. I play my Tron LE more then my MM. TRON is a great pin. I would think a restored MM is worth about $5000-$8000 more than a TRON LE. You could see MM and pick up a TRON LE and another new stern Transformers LE and still have some money left over.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from TheJesus:

Gonna go against the heard here. I think MM is a turd. Hate it. Boring over the top game. Its value far exceed's its play ability. If it wher straight themed not knights meets basketball meets python maybe but as it stands meh. Shots meh game meh. My opinion. I know lots of people who own them for the sake of owning them. Yup they have oddles of cash. DO any of you think this game is worth 8-12g or is it worth 3-4g playwise. Think about that. Its right up there with bbb for overpriced 3 grand game. OF course i can walk into my lcoal arcade and play BBB and MM when i want but still.
Only reason it is coveted is the market. This game was a flying piece of shit when it was released always breaking dragon wings busted all over playfield. Any of you remember this when it was new on lcoation? i do. It was such a small run because of how CV panned out and how Distros where waiting for games to go on close out so Williams wised up and cut teh shit and ran a small batch. There where more pre ordred for mm then there where games. SO i have been told...From LTG

I feel the same. I really, really want to love MM (evryone else sure does) and it's a great looking game with some of the best playfield toys around in the exploding castle and trash-talking trolls. I even love the python-style humor and characters... but that's where it stops. Gameplay is too linear and shots too reptitive. I feel like I'm playing a video game.

#35 12 years ago

YES!

And when I say "yes", I mean to say that yes, you are indeed nuts!

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

YES!
And when I say "yes", I mean to say that yes, you are indeed nuts!

Quite possibly. Maybe I just need to go home tonight and rescue a few damsels. Haven't shown MM some love in a while.

#37 12 years ago

STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD. no on trade, yes on nuts.

#38 12 years ago

The answer is no.

#39 12 years ago

I have been waist-deep in the MM market for a month, and I can tell you that a "fully restored MM with all the bells and whistles" is getting $12,500+ right now. At a minimum. I am looking for non-restored, but extremely nice MMs and they are at $10K+.

Tron LE at that price is silly talk.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from TheJesus:

MM didn't have any more or less issues then most games of that era. Look at all the issues TZ had on location with the clock and faulty ball lock and slot machine target. The more things you load on a game the more things can go wrong.

Williams didn't cut the run short while they still had orders. They cut the run short cause operators were holding out in hopes of getting it at closeout prices. You really think they wouldn't sell more if they had orders for them at full price????

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from TheJesus:

Gonna go against the heard here. I think MM is a turd. Hate it. Boring over the top game. Its value far exceed's its play ability

That's just crazy talk.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I feel the same. I really, really want to love MM (evryone else sure does) and it's a great looking game with some of the best playfield toys around in the exploding castle and trash-talking trolls. I even love the python-style humor and characters... but that's where it stops. Gameplay is too linear and shots too reptitive. I feel like I'm playing a video game.

+1 on every point. I sold mine because of these reasons. Beautiful game with a great theme and I still didn't love it. As far as the trade, you'd be better off selling your MM and buying what you want.

#43 12 years ago

If you're considering getting rid of it, then I think the answer to your question is yes. I really like Tron, especially the LE. I don't have a lot of time on MM, but you clearly do. If I were you I'd trade for a Tron LE plus cash and get a game you like and some liquid assets.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

you'd be better off selling your MM and buying what you want.

This is probably the best option, scrap the trade idea.

#45 12 years ago

With no cash added to attain MM it does not make sense monetarily. I really enjoy playing both of them though it would be tough for me to decide between the two of them for this very reason.

#46 12 years ago

Tron is a better game, but you could sell MM for possibly enough to buy one of the NIB LEs still floating around.

#47 12 years ago

i'd trade a routed and thrashed out MM for a NIB tron le.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Honch said:you'd be better off selling your MM and buying what you want.
This is probably the best option, scrap the trade idea.

Like I said, I would never consider a straight trade, but I appreciate getting some perspective from those TRON owners out there.
But, who am I kidding? The minute that MM went out the door I'd probably regret it... even if it's not my favorite. I've got more blood and sweat in that game than any other project I've taken on. It's a showpiece if nothing else and a very accessible game for guests and first-timers.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

As far as the trade, you'd be better off selling your MM and buying what you want.

+1

#50 12 years ago

NO!! Maybe for a Tron LE and a LOTR LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-mm-for-tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.