Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by 6S3NC3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzrider926.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

If you haven't played it yet, I would suggest doing that if you can. I own both machines, LOTR and TFLE, and I would probably lean towards LOTR long term at this point. I still play TFLE a lot more than LOTR for now, but it's my newest machine so you know how that goes.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I don't care to much about value. I care about gameplay and lastibility. And need something that the kids, newbies and myself can enjoy.

Going on that I would say TF.

On the other hand, TF feels like something you could play seriously or just something while shooting the breeze with your buds over a drink. LOTR is probably a game you would rather play by yourself. I do feel LOTR does the theme justice better than TF. TF feels more generic, where LOTR feels like the modes and MBs really pull you in to the story. Maybe it's something Keith Johnson just does well, as I feel TSPP does the same.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I play LOTR sometimes with 3 others... alot. Im the only one that has long ball times. Once in a with my GF can get a big score but few and far between. Its a great game and I always told my self I would not ever part with it. It has lasted many years and we have been through alot. Its the best Pin that I have ever owned. Im thinking if i do trade it im going to kick my self like some others have done. So now im thinking it I trade it im going to use it as bait for something big.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I've played it with others as well, but I'm usually the only one ever playing that understands the rules and actually plays pinball on a regular basis when I play with others. I could imagine playing a 4 player game with people that are really good could be a bit draining while standing around for 15 mins or so while the other 3 people play.

I'm not saying make the trade, like I said I prefer LOTR over TFLE myself. I would actually try to find another way to get TF if you really want it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzrider926.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-lotr-for-tf-le?tu=yzrider926 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.