(Topic ID: 188051)

Would you trade GOT Premium for ST Premium or SMVE?

By Ericc123

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ericc123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I love Game of Thrones the TV show, so the theme for this show was top notch for me. It just seems like no matter how much I play it I can't seem to get into it. I've got less than 300 games on it. Do you think it's a realistic trade or should I keep playing it and hope that it grows on me?

#2 6 years ago

Regardless of how much you like a theme, if you don't like the pin it's attached to, you can't force yourself to like the game.

I love GOT, the books and show, but think both versions of the pin are garbage. Good code can't make up for the cheapest and ugliest game Stern has done in a long time.

I think you'd be able to get a ST premium or SMVE in trade straight up, maybe a little cash on top for the latter.

#3 6 years ago

I have a GOT Le and ST Prem and the original SM used to be in my collection as well. Without knowing your tastes, SM was fun for the 3 years or so I had it and I really enjoy my ST prem. I would suggest you play them first if at all possible but if not (and I'm not one to preach, most of my games are bought before I ever try them), I'd say go with the theme that you like more as they are both fun.

Though I'm one that has no issue buying games I have never played before just to try them. If it doesn't work, I sell/trade them and move on to something else.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I love Game of Thrones the TV show, so the theme for this show was top notch for me. It just seems like no matter how much I play it I can't seem to get into it. I've got less than 300 games on it. Do you think it's a realistic trade or should I keep playing it and hope that it grows on me?

If you don't like it, sell it!

#5 6 years ago

I think that with 300 plays you gave it a good shot, if you still dont like it trade it for something you might like better.

#6 6 years ago

I never got into GOT pin. Steve Ritchie games are usually for me and grow on me. For whatever reason I never understood the code. Perhaps in the home it would be slightly better to learn on. Star Trek or Spider Man VE is a no brainer and they are fun. GOT is like work.

#7 6 years ago

If you can get someone to trade for a ST Premium, do it! ST is the better game in my opinion.

As for SM, I like the original better. But I know that is because it was first and I'm used to it. The callouts are fun.

#8 6 years ago

i think a st pre is easier to sell than a got pre
i also think its a better pin i always preferred the pro on got anyway imho

#9 6 years ago

I've had GOT LE, ST Prem, and SM (original). The latter two will never leave my collection (both are amazing pins, and ST is completely underrated, especially once you upgrade the music to the original movie soundtrack). GOT LE was fun, deep code, cool callouts, great light show, interesting diverse strategy options, lots of mod opportunities; My wife and I are total Game of Thrones geek fans... but the pin didn't have staying power for us. I got a bit frustrated with the build quality, as well as having to wait 6 weeks for a node board from Stern (very frustrating to spend that type of coin and have it sitting useless in your game room for that long). I may get another GOT, but likely going to go for a pro instead for better flow and faster pace. I found the upper playfield to get a bit boring after a while.

#10 6 years ago

300 plays is enough you gave it a good shot I say trade it if you can.

#11 6 years ago

If you don't like it after 300 plays then you're never going to like it. Trade it I say.

#12 6 years ago

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I loved my SMVE when i had it (traded it for AS - only because I collect rock machines). SM has Great rules, great build quality, timeless theme and its a proven winner. You'll always be able to flip it later for what you have into it (or more). GOT never did much for me personally.
anyway- that's what i would do.

#13 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys. Seems like the answer is clear. Now I just need to find a trade partner. If you are reading this and have interest feel free to PM me. I'll probably put an ad in the market place as well when I have time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 25.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-got-premium-for-st-premium-or-smve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.