Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-7.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from tp:

yea im really torn on this one.... facts....never played rbion but always wanted.... love congo would need to find another someday... money is an issue at the moment.... space is not however as i bought an old butcher shop to use as a gameroom.....got room for atleast 20 more if someone needs room to store their games

This kinda says everything. Keep Congo, and save up for a RBION.

Both are really fun games, but Congo is a personal favorite. That said, RBION is one of the best value-for-money games out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that one ends up as my first Stern.

#52 9 years ago

Keep the CONGO!

#53 9 years ago

I've played a beat RBION and a beat Congo. I'd take RBION all day long vs Congo.....

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Couldn't sell my rbion fast enough. Felt cheap. Williams/Bally!

Yes I agree with your statement 100%
Mine was a HUO RBION
VERY CHEAP and the talking head that blinks instead of actual movement
I felt bad for Lawlor, it seemed to me that stern held him back on that title.

#55 9 years ago

Congo has more of a fun feel to it. RBION is deeper and more challenging. Tough call, but I'd go with RBION.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

VERY CHEAP and the talking head that blinks instead of actual movement
I felt bad for Lawlor, it seemed to me that stern held him back on that title.

Thank God that Williams didn't hold Trudeau back and let him run wild with the Amy head in Congo...which blinks and does not move...

#58 9 years ago

Congo is a great game... Ripleys edges it out for me but most would agree it's great too. One of the few sterns I actually care for. Even if you decide to trade, you can always play it for a while and make the trade back fairly easily. Rbion definitely sells for more.

#59 9 years ago

Congo has the only 2-way VUK in the entire history of pinball, the only volcano ramp, and the only gorilla-fisted toy. RBION has the only vari-target in a DMD, the only shrunken head, and the only skating penguin. I honestly couldn't decide if I were in the OP's position.

#60 9 years ago

I sold my Congo for $3250. And bought a rbion for $3000 . I think overall rbion is a better game!!!. But a good condition Congo is harder to find. The lower play field is so lame!!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Thank God that Williams didn't hold Trudeau back and let him run wild with the Amy head in Congo...which blinks and does not move...

I mentioned Lawlor because he's a genius designer . I felt that the shrunken head should have been more like Rudy or red and Ted . I really think its a wash as far as which one is better. I just agree it felt cheap to me, had mine a month and sold it.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from tp:

fyi...due to several pms...this game is --not for sale-- its worth more than money to me... but there are a couple games on my wishlist i 'might' trade for. thanks for reponses but i think they may of made it more difficult to decide.

Too bad jackbot isn't one of them

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

RBION has the only vari-target in a DMD ...

Safe Cracker (another Lawlor DMD game) has a vari-target.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

RBION has the only vari-target in a DMD, the only shrunken head, and the only skating penguin. I honestly couldn't decide if I were in the OP's position.

Safecracker has a vari-target and a DMD

image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg
#65 9 years ago

loving all the imput in favor of both.... i will own the rbion someday, but alas the congo shall stay. im definitely jonsing for a rbion now....

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from tp:

loving all the imput in favor of both.... i will own the rbion someday, but alas the congo shall stay. im definitely jonsing for a rbion now....

It's a great game, but no need to sell a title you love to get it. There's a chunk of games you own you cannot possibly love, sell those.

#67 9 years ago

Both are great games. RBION is gone and I just got Congo not too long ago. I think they are equal in game play but Congo is becoming a harder pinball to find and more a more sought after pinball.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#68 9 years ago

hah. You said harder...

#69 9 years ago

#70 9 years ago

Had a Ripley's a while ago. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Congo blows it away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-congo-for-rbion/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.