You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Usually I am quite sure what to do or not. I have an offer to trade my really pretty good CV plus 2500 € for an Avengers LE (not Hulk) incl. transport

I like this CV but the layout of the Avenger pin seems pretty unique (like CVs )...

Is the Avengers really that good?
Or is it better to keep a classic machine, which is really hard to get again...

#2 11 years ago

I'm not sure what the going rates are over there, but that's a horrible deal in the US. It looks like that is equivalent to $3344 in US dollars on top of your CV. Over here those games should be just about equal price-wise assuming the CV is in at least decent shape.

#3 11 years ago

i'd probably trade it for other titles but, not avengers. i'd hold on to it for now.

#4 11 years ago

Hell no. It all depends on if your opinion of really good is the same as mine, however. I can't imagine putting $3400 on top of CV unless the thing had blown out inserts, cabinet damage and board issues. Haven't played avengers, so don't take this as a put down on avengers.

#5 11 years ago

It does not seem like a good trade based on market prices.

In the US, Nice Cirqus Voltaire cost around $6K+. Avenger LE can be found for $6,500-$7,000 in the US.

Now, with that being said, you have to make a decision if having the latest Stern LE is worth losing a classic Bally like CV.

If you are tired of the CV, then make the change, but try to negotiate less money as part of the deal.

Good luck!

Marcus

#6 11 years ago

It depends on the condition of your cv. But I would hold out for an even trade or no trade at all. Don't feel like this is a one time opportunity. And if it turns out it is a one time opportunity, then the worse that happens is your stuck with a kick ass classic A style game. I say wait and be patient. Avengers is still new; I think the day of nibs skyrocketing in price are over. If you miss this deal, you can always pick up a premium down the road.

#7 11 years ago

I would trade the CV for Avengers. I would not add much money to the deal.

#8 11 years ago

No I would not.

#9 11 years ago

A good deal is fair to both parties, you would be taking it in the shorts on this one I don't think I would do it even straight across, certainly not with money going the other way!

#10 11 years ago

thanks for your input... rates seem to be pretty different.
a good cv is available 3.500 € plus x, a very good one 4.500 € plus... i think this is rather the same like in the us. but nib stern les are at about 7k €, due to transport and especially 19% value tax in germany.

so i think, i will stay with my cv and wait for a better deal or offer. i'd really love the play some games on avengers, but they are pretty hard to find in germany...

again - thanks, that was helpful!

#11 11 years ago

Keep CV since it is a better game and has proven the test of time. Avengers is not all it's cracked up to be and once the honeymoon is over it will settle into being one of the good Sterns but not one of the best. I am not saying it's horrible but it's no where near as good as all the hype it's getting now. It's just the newest game out and that always happens. Same thing happened to TF and XMEN and people were saying how they were some of the best Sterns ever when they came out, now you see how those are regarded and what those are selling for after the honeymoon is over.

#12 11 years ago

Your birthright for a bowl of porridge.

Dan

#13 11 years ago

I've owned both CV (HUO) and Avengers (Hulk LE). I wouldn't take this deal. I do feel that CV has reached the peak of its popularity and don't see $7K prices coming back anytime soon.

That being said, it's definitely a $6K game all day long if it's in good shape. If you really want Avengers, sell the CV outright then you could probably get even the Hulk LE if you wanted it.

Your deal sounds like a distributor who wants to make some sweet coin on your CV.

Best of luck.

#14 11 years ago

Also keep in mind there could be Avengers premium down the road if you always wanted to pick one up.

#16 11 years ago

I disagree with Bojo 100%. Gameplay on Avengers SHREDS on CV. CV is a beautiful game and a classic from the B/W golden era, but it can't hold Avengers jock. But it does seem to be comparable in value, so sell it at market value and buy yourself an AVLE. You do not need to add cash if your CV is mint. But you could theoretically add $1k +or- if its just OK.

#17 11 years ago

End of story... bought the Avengers
CV will stay until a long discussed trade with a CC is going to happen.

Avengers will be delivered on Friday. I am strongly looking forward to play this game. The main reason for this is quite unique layout and the awesome bash toy. An external sub is waiting

#18 11 years ago

Sounds like the best solution. Congrats on the ALE!

Dan

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from frg:

CV will stay until a long discussed trade with a CC is going to happen.
Avengers will be delivered on Friday. I am strongly looking forward to play this game. The main reason for this is quite unique layout and the awesome bash toy. An external sub is waiting

Awesome. Grats! LE or Pro?
I have a sub on mine; dig it a lot...especially when you assemble hawkeye, thats all im gonna say - dont want to ruin anything

#20 11 years ago

Thanks - it is an Avengers LE (not Hulk, which I would have preferred).

@ Eskaybee... I read a lot of your posts regardings this pin and I'll take your word for granted. You have set the bar very high... this machine should better rock

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Thanks - it is an Avengers LE (not Hulk, which I would have preferred).
@ Eskaybee... I read a lot of your posts regardings this pin and I'll take your word for granted. You have set the bar very high... this machine should better rock

Oh man, pressures on lol. Well, if you can hit the shots like i can, it does freakin rock. I switch back and forth from acdc to avengers with the edge going slightly to avengers.

Truth be told, when i put my 3 1/2 mo son in the backpack (actually its a front pack facing forward towards the pins) he can sit through about 5-7 games of acdc without needing a break. One game of avengers though, and he fusses lol.

Good luck; post pics! a few quick set up tips:
-put 2 to 3 washers under the red post of the BW ramp where the ramp meets the bridge. This raises it just a hair to make it more flush. I currently have 3 washers but thinking about backing down to 2 and see if it changes anything.
-Then add 2 to 3 washers under each screw (2 screws - 4 washers) of the first plastic protector piece to make it more even with the 2nd plastic protector. Markmon removed both pieces completely, not sure if im gonna try this. I have 2 washers under each screw now, but thinking about adding a 3rd to raise it higher.
-Wipe down and/or wax that pf.
-shooter rod, test your shooter for a couple days, if its banging or jumps the ramp onto the pf you'll have to adjust it. The fix for mine was removing the 2 phillips copper screws and putting them in the coin box, then loosening the other 3 main hex screws and moving the assembly housing a butthair to the left when your looking in (right from players view plunging the ball). Tighten 3 screws and test it for a week and make adjustments as needed before drilling new holes for the 2 copper phillips screws.
-auto plunge: gomez himself recommended using needle nose pliers to ever so slightly give a tweak to the right prong to space it out enough. Im sure this all depends on how your game is and make adjustments accordingly.
-Hulk: if your getting hulk hangups, test your pressure plate switch with a ball in switch test. Then rotate hulks arms left to right in switch test. Make sure both are sensitive especially the hulk arms rotation left to right. Honestly, i dont like the pressure plate switch design, it needed to be a hair bigger. Its a very touch switch (i think i may need a new switch) cause mine still gets caught up under hulks right arm from time to time...not very often, but enough to notice.
-Add some 89 super LEDs to each avengers flash lamp in the back of the game, makes a big difference. Dont use anything brighter than supers...i used the flat 9's from CT and they nearly blinded me! lol. I went to bed that night seeing spots..oops lol.
-3 green frosted 555's on loki lock looks SO MUCH nicer than the stock LEDs. highly recommend.
-I recommend adding a skinny post to the minimum position of the outlanes...especially the right outlane. Leave the factory fat posts in their current position, just add the skinny ones. The right outlane is a pretty cheap drain whore with no nudge factor. I feel the game would be too easy with the fat posts in the minimum position and seems just right with skinny posts for an average player.
-I set ironman to easy; until he's assembled or your in tesserect mode...his shot goes to the pops and slows the game down. Some may like this, but i like getting him started right away so his shots beam through to the left flipper. Plus, when the balls on the left flipper, 90% of the time im shooting BW, such a fun shot. I go for ironman just to get him assembled, then use him during Hulk mb.

Im done rambling. Enjoy

#22 11 years ago

And for the record, if you dont like it, i do believe i said this earlier in your thread. So the balls no longer in my court

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I say wait and be patient. Avengers is still new; I think the day of nibs skyrocketing in price are over. If you miss this deal, you can always pick up a premium down the road.

#23 11 years ago

Enjoy Avengers! It's an incredible, fast pasted, difficult game. I keep wondering when the honeymoon period is going to wear off. No sign yet.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Congrats! great game you will enjoy it Avengers is the new BSD and makes you play better! Won't be getting bored of it anytime soon.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Enjoy Avengers! It's an incredible, fast pasted, difficult game. I keep wondering when the honeymoon period is going to wear off. No sign yet.

+100000.1

#27 11 years ago

I very much like Classic B/W games, but personally don't understand the love for CV in particular. I think you made the right move. Avengers is great - and ya it will hold your attention and have you itching to play more.

#28 11 years ago

thanks to all of you. and special thanks to eskaybee for your extra precise intro how to set the game up right! i'll do that and will come up with some pictures next week. it is a tragedy that there is s tournament on saturday while the pin is waiting in the game room

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Truth be told, when i put my 3 1/2 mo son in the backpack (actually its a front pack facing forward towards the pins) he can sit through about 5-7 games of acdc without needing a break. One game of Avengers though, and he fusses lol.

So your saying your son has better taste in Pins then you?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hahaha smassa. Good one. He's still young though; one day he'll learn to appreciate the non simple layouts much more

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think he's saying that AcDC is best for someone with the attention span of a three year old.

#32 11 years ago

okay there we go...
i was really suprised of the metallic look of the coating...
and i thought HULK would look bigger...
first impression - okay let's play, but i had just time for one game. was great fun, but i'll have to do eskaybees advices and if course to update the software AND connect my external sub

tomorrow i will go for a tournament, but sunday evening will be some time to care for the avengers

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Awesome bro. Congrats. As for the BW ramp. I changed mine up a bit. I only added washers to the plastic protectors, and took the ones off I originally added to the ramp post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-a-very-nice-cv-no-wears-a-b-plus-cash-for-an-avengers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.