• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ_#2.,.,1.jpg
TZ_#2.jpg
POTC_.jpg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Would you trade a very nice modded TZ (with some cab fade on one side) for a nice POTC?

#4 11 years ago

No. I own both and while POTC is a blast to play , TZ is a keeper in my collection.

#5 11 years ago

Are you saying you would rather have the TZ? If so, what would you want in return for a TZ... POTC + ??

#6 11 years ago

Only thing Id part with my TZ is a Tron LE......POTC is a fun game though....POTC+2K

#7 11 years ago

No way in heck

#8 11 years ago

Yes!!!!!

nah just kidding.

#9 11 years ago

I'd say potc + $1500ish

#10 11 years ago

If you hate fun yes!

#11 11 years ago

He'll no we won't go. POTC is another pin I wanted to like by Stern but it bores me to death. Tried to get into it multiple times but it lacks the great flow and gameplay. I miss ramp shots in this game. I loved the first pirates movie as well.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Would you trade a very nice modded TZ (with some cab fade on one side) for a nice POTC?

no

#13 11 years ago

Good one, I got a good laugh.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'd say potc + $1500ish

I would lean this way as well, however my wife and kids would kill me if I traded my POTC cash or no cash added. Good luck with your decision.

#16 11 years ago

No way

#17 11 years ago

no + 100

#18 11 years ago

Yes I would... But then I have never been a big fan of TZ...so for me it would be a good trade.

Phoebe

#19 11 years ago

No I wouldn't... But then I have never been a big fan of POTC...so for me it wouldn't be a good trade.
Rick

#20 11 years ago

I own both and am considering selling/trading one in the near future. In my collection, TZ gets played the least. I have guests over frequently and POTC gets played mostly by the kids or new players......it depends on what you want. For pure playing, TZ wins. For entertaining, POTC wins. IMHO. Agree with pdxmonkey - POTC + $1500 (of similar condition).

#21 11 years ago

Have them both, I prefer TZ but guests as in casual players prefer PotC.

#22 11 years ago

If you are ready for a change go for it, I think you would need to get some cash with the trade depending on the condition of both machines

#23 11 years ago

I just did that exact trade a few months ago. I got a very nice POTC + $500. I owned the TZ for quite a few years and was looking for a trade. I probably left some money on the table, but welcome the change. Looking down the road, it should be easy to sell the POTC. Family and guests really like it; I think it is OK. It is nice not to worry about potential problems of 20+ year old games, that is for sure. I loved TZ, but just wasn't playing it anymore as it had gotten too easy.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hell yes I would.....I really like POTC but am not a fan of TZ. The person getting the POTC should also get about $500

#25 11 years ago

Not. A. Chance.

#26 11 years ago

Nope. Love the Pirates movies. Hate the pin. Even with cash, wouldn't want PotC in my collection.

viperrwk

#27 11 years ago

I own a POTC so take my opinion with a grain of salt but here goes:

I've never liked TZ and I've always like POTC, so if someone offered me a TZ for my pirates I would decline. When you look at the values though, they could be all over the place and it would really boil down to condition. If they were both nice and similar conditon, I would say POTC + $1000 or so. POTC seems to be trading hands anywhere from $4500-$5000 lately. TZ seems to be trading around $5000-$6000 from what I've seen. Just my $.02

#28 11 years ago

nope!

#29 11 years ago

No way.

#30 11 years ago

Why not? Old for new, tired for fresh, TZ always around. The trade just comes down to valuation. I think PoTC should be around $4- $4.5k. I know that modded ones are listed for alot more, but I don't know If they sell at that.

TZ is also typically in that same price range, unless its really nice, modded etc. POTC plus $500 seems right, but condition determines it, right?

#31 11 years ago

Not a chance

#32 11 years ago

absolutely not. TZ is an amazing pin!

#33 11 years ago

If condition is the same, no.

#34 11 years ago

I know I'm in the minority but I would take POTC over TZ any day. TZ does seem to sell for more though.

#35 11 years ago

#36 11 years ago

Dumb question.

#37 11 years ago

Hell no! POTC is one of the those games I really want to love. I love the ship, love the look of the game and the theme. But it takes stop and go to a new level. Every single shot stops the ball. It just gets tedious after awhile.

Also long ball times are quick common on the game. I don't mind long ball times if the game keeps me engaged. I have TSPP, Spiderman, and LOTR. All can have long ball times if you are playing well. In the case of each game, I'm so involved in the game, I love it. With POTC, I've literally wanted to walk away from the game.

Yes, you can change the settings and make it harder, but, like LOTR and TSPP, you need long ball times to get to the wizard mode. POTC is no cake walk. I've played it many times and haven't gotten the wizard mode.

I just wish it wasn't so stop and go. People complain about TZ and TSPP being stop and go, but I don't really find that. With POTC, yes it is very, very stop and go.

I still enjoy playing it when I see one, but I would never own it and I would never trade a TZ for one. TZ is a much, much better game.

I also think TZ is about $1,000 more than a POTC.

Cheers,
Duane

#38 11 years ago

TZ is such a classic it would be like trading a classic vehicle for a nice conditioned newer one.

Classic Mustang, or new Dodge Dart?

#39 11 years ago

You must be choking!

#40 11 years ago

Don't do it!

#41 11 years ago

TZ is a great pin, I always thought it was a bit overrated but it still easily makes my top 20. I probably wouldn't have Pirates in my top 50. If you trade TZ away you will have a much harder time replacing it than you would finding another POTC.

#42 11 years ago

15,000 TZs in the world. Not hard to find.

#43 11 years ago

I have both games. I'd trade my huo potc for another TZ eve though that would mean I had two tz's in my gameroom! I like POTC but love TZ!

#44 11 years ago

Although TZ is overrated I would not trade it straight up for a POTC in similar condition. That is because POTC is really a rather shallow game. There are any number of better games you could trade a TZ for.

#46 11 years ago

Would you trade a ham sandwich for a turd sandwich?

#48 11 years ago

what kind of turd?

#49 11 years ago

No way in hell. I never could get into POTC anyway.

#50 11 years ago

Use to own POTC and currently have a TZ. Me personally no, but non pinheads always seemed to like POTC more. Its simpler and they can always get it to do something. TZ most people suck at but I enjoy it way more than POTC, though I do miss it. I think women would prefer POTC more, they mostly stick to SM and CV in my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-a-tz-for-a-potc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.