(Topic ID: 186328)

Would you trade a TSPP for an Aerosmith?

By pindan3

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by T7
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

pretty much says it, the TSPP is a minty HUO and heavy with mods!

#2 7 years ago

If I really liked tspp I wouldn't. They aren't making any more simpsons games and mint huo with no cab wear is hard to find.

If I were me and tspp wasn't my favorite, I would.

Hope that helps!

#3 7 years ago

I've only played TSPP at loud pinball shows where I couldn't hear the music or the call outs but I didn't enjoy the shots. I've only played Aerosmith once, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but yes I would make that trade.

#4 7 years ago

I think TSPP has a better layout, better ruleset, and the theme, imo, is better. I would keep it if it were me.

If you havent played AS yet, obviously go do it. I was somewhat underwhelmed.

#5 7 years ago

I personally agree with levi, you can get an Aerosmith anytime, you can't easily replace what you have.

#6 7 years ago

Hell no AS is just another fast playing pin with one unique shot that is mostly shot by luck. TSPP is special!

#7 7 years ago

No way. Nothing special about AS at all compared to TSPP.

#8 7 years ago

Pretty simple really. If you still enjoy Simpsons, then keep it. If you don't play it anymore, then it shouldn't be hard to trade out. I agree though that it's hard to find a great Simpsons.

#9 7 years ago

Out with the old in with the new

#11 7 years ago

Have both, that's my plan. AS will be here Friday. I think you have room for 1 more pin.

#12 7 years ago

I'm with Konghusker in that it just depends. If you've TSPP awhile and it doesn't get much play, then it's probably time to move on. If you still frequently play it and enjoy what it brings to the table then keep it.

I don't think you can really compare the two tables in an apples to apples kind of way, they are just too different in gameplay, style and tech, so it's just how much enjoyment are you getting out of the machine now.

#13 7 years ago

No. Tspp is one of the best games ever made, best value in pinball. AS is nothing in comparison. AS will be very easy to pick up down the road, and likely much cheaper than it is today. But, if you don't like tspp, then you should get something you do like.

#14 7 years ago

I do that trade so fast it'd make your head spin! Never cared for the stop n go of tSPP. AS fast and flowy with newest tech. Do it quick before that guy changes his mind!

#15 7 years ago

No Way!

#16 7 years ago

Not even close. TSPP is a masterpiece!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Never cared for the stop n go of tSPP. AS fast and flowy

I totally get that TSPP is very stop-and-go, but I just haven't found AS to be ridiculously "flowy" compared to other modern Sterns. Many new Sterns have 2 ramps that return the balls to the flippers. That doesn't mean they're all flow. AS only has 1 other fast/loopable/repeatable shot and that's the left orbit through the pops. The reverse direction will end up in the pops killing that flow. KISS suffers from the same design. Ignoring scoops, on AS Pro you have 3 other dead end shots which stop the ball (into toys trunk, elevator, and catapult). IMO there are more shots on AS Pro which prevent flow than allow it.

Meanwhile something like ST, the orbit flows BOTH ways, the Warp ramp is repeatable, and the Vengeance rifles the ball back when activated. GOT Pro is very similar, where I'm always on my toes. Trust me, I totally still dig AS Pro, but I don't think it's a super flowy game. I experience a lot of balls either bouncing around or getting stopped in motion and I'm back on my heels a lot calculating my next shot... because I have the time to do so.

#18 7 years ago

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!

#19 7 years ago

I like the comments, I wish I could do one of those vote thingies!....and one day I like it, the next, .... anyway I have several games in my collection,Like Toasterdog says "just make room for ! more! LOL...I wish.....the girlfriend is giving the evil eye as I type this!

#20 7 years ago

Would you trade your tspp for $5000? That's the real question isn't it?

#21 7 years ago

Black Night........there ya go....I kinda think its worth a bit more!

#22 7 years ago

I've owned TSPP 2 different times...don't miss it a bit. I could see making that trade, but I would want to play AS first and make sure its as good as the early hype.

#23 7 years ago

Learn from my mistakes, keep the TSPP

#24 7 years ago

I just went through this same scenario debating between TSPP vs AS vs GB premium. I am picking up a mint huo tspp this Friday. Can't wait. I will eventually get a GB premium someday, but with limited funds I'll wait and get SW first. After watching a ton of YouTube videos and playing some on each, I found AS to get old faster than others. It's beautiful, shiny and LCD, but gameplay felt boring. I still think it's a good game but I won't own it most likely. GB is awesome, but I can get a huo TSPP and save $2k, and have a refreshing game unlike most others. You've owned tspp, so you've put plenty of time in. If it's boring at this point, trade it. It's good to freshen up your lineup. I'm sure somebody out there would appreciate a new huo tspp.

#25 7 years ago

My TSPP is mint HUO as well. I've played Aerosmith a lot in the last few weeks and would not do that trade. Like others have said, a minty TSPP is hard to come by and Stern will be cranking out Aerosmiths for a few years to come. Sure, Aerosmith is pretty and has a cool lock feature, but there's just something special about TSPP.

#26 7 years ago

Wait for the TSPP vault edition....

#27 7 years ago

At the very least the TSPP was built with some hope of it lasting, reading the build quality of newer Stern games guessing you could sit and watch your AS slowly fall apart!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I wish.

Imagine TSPP ported to Spike 2 with decent sound and colour LCD.

We can only dream.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Any reason to believe this is coming?

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any reason to believe this is coming?

No was just playing around.

#31 7 years ago

Yes...TSPP is way overrated...

#32 7 years ago

I can't speak for the gameplay, but AS as a theme does nothing for me. TSPP is pure nostalgia. But that's probably more of a generational / age thing. My vote is TSPP

#33 7 years ago

TSPP is practically perfection. Aero is a fine functional game - but nothing special unless Aerosmith is one of your favorite bands.

#34 7 years ago

TSPP is a much more challenging game. I can't see it leaving my collection for a very long time, and certainly not to trade for AS.

#35 7 years ago

No. Besides, a big part of Aerosmiths' gameplay is based on a timer, just like the timer on TSPP! Might as well just stick with the classics in this case.

But, if you like Aerosmith the band more than you like The Simpsons, then forget what anyone else says, go for it. It'll make you happier in the end.

#36 7 years ago

I hear a ton of positive comments towards TSPP. More positive than negative ones for sure. Definitely reinforces my decision to buy one this coming weekend. Can't wait.

#37 7 years ago

Tspp is not as stop and go as people make it out to be. When the ball is in a hole, press both flipper buttons and it gets released, just like every other stern does. Couch mb starts, press both flippers to skip the animation and release the ball. Ball in Otto, press both flippers, ball is released. There is some delay, but it's really not that bad.

#38 7 years ago

Not sure. I need to play TSPP soon. I only played one years ago that was beat up. Sounds like a great game if in good shape

I just picked up AS LE and I really like it. It's a simple game but fast as hell and a ton of fun. A beautiful art package for sure. It also has some real satisfying shots!

#39 7 years ago

TSPP doesn't flow like Spiderman but I agree with Lermods it's easy to skip animations.

#40 7 years ago

Honestly, I like games that don't have so much "flow". I also like games with flow. To me, it's important to have a mix of styles in a collection otherwise you'll get bored quickly. I don't understand why "flow" is so important to guys. My next game will be SW and it's probably going to be fast like other Steve Richie pins with lots of flow, and it will be a great change of pace from my new TSPP.

#41 7 years ago

Absolutely not!

#42 7 years ago

In a HEARTBEAT!

#43 7 years ago

Go with how you feel. TSPP is not available any longer and AS will more than likely be available for a couple of years. We have one golden rule about pinball machines. We do not sell or swap a machine until we are finished with it. No regrets.

Sounds like someone is looking to pry your TSPP out of your fingers!

#44 7 years ago

TSPP is the only game I regret letting go. Traded it for a mint, decked out Star Trek pro.

ST pro is long gone.
But I still wish I had TSPP.

Don't do it man. If you want Aerosmith find a different way to do it unless you really want that title.

#45 7 years ago

TSPP is for some. Not me. it's the kind of game you have to develop a relationship with it. Hit the garage. Hit the garage. Timing, timing,timing.

AS is fun right out of the box.

#46 7 years ago

Hit the Garage! If you are thinking about it then do it. If you miss Simpsons you can get one back. They are around and not hard to find.

#47 7 years ago

I will have a HUO Simpsons in Chicago and/or Cincinnati (can move to either location) that I would trade (if anyone is interested). Not trying to hijack but putting it out there.

#48 7 years ago

Question really should be "why is the AS owner looking to trade so soon?"

Regardless, doesn't sound like a fair swap from your side, especially if the TSPP is minty HUO as you say.

#49 7 years ago

I'm not a big Aerosmith fan but yes.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Question really should be "why is the AS owner looking to trade so soon?"

No game is for everyone. There's absolutely no conclusion to get about this. Keep it simple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-a-tspp-for-an-aerosmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.