(Topic ID: 48860)

Would you trade a Tron LE for Metallica LE?

By Pinball-Wiz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinstor12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you trade a Tron LE for a Metallica Master of Puppets LE?”

• Yes! 35 votes
    23%
  • No! 70 votes
    46%
  • You can't be serious! 46 votes
    30%

(151 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

LMAO, not a chance. I wanted a METLE, but after speaking with several of the flippers that had several and seeing them post here trying to hype and price push and claim their game appreciated $1,800 in one day . . . well, that was enough for me.

The funniest post was the one who said he wanted to trade his METLE for something "really nice" that he "otherwise wouldn't get a shot at" something like a Big Bang Bar I think he said. I thought that was pretty funny too.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

So you are saying that a Metallica LE has already gone up in price 2-3k in only a couple weeks?

And without being released. LMAO!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm taking it that the votes for "yes" are the guys with Metallica LE's on order?

It's Gary, Gomez, and Borg and the rest are the speculators trying to tell us their game is worth 9k . . . or a BBB.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Same here, but Tron Pro, IJ, and a beater E30 I can work on.

Man, kwi, we keep giving you leads on various IJ's in Cali. You need to pull the trigger on one of those when they pop up!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yes, I know, but currently, I don't have enough for one unless it's faded which is what I DON'T want!

Ignore the fade and get what you want . . . you can decal it later I'm sure? I'd be more worried about insert wear. Wasn't that an issue with IJ?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Ok, those that ACTUALLY OWN a TRON LE that posted you would trade, lets hear from you.

I doubt any Tron LE owners would trade for the MET LE. It is the rarer LE game with no premium model and if you are a collector it has already price stabilized (if you even care about the price). Meanwhile, METLE is just speculation and many are held by people who are trying to pump the value and then dump. There is a good chance the metal rock will drive the machine out of the homes of many of the purchasers (wives may not like it or they may like Metallica's music less than they did 20 years ago).

I'm still laughing at the flipper who wanted to trade his MET LE for a BBB ("or something else equally as nice as a BBB. Something I wouldn't normally have a shot at") the day after the sell out. Just simply hysterical.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Does anyone know if there is any software difference between the Metallica LE and the Premium? That could make a difference too right? Like the Tron Pro vs TRON LE?

No. Stern has already listed the differences between the models. The LE doesn't even come with a shaker. It is just a mirrored back glass and different art package.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-a-tron-le-for-metallica-le?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.