(Topic ID: 48860)

Would you trade a Tron LE for Metallica LE?

By Pinball-Wiz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinstor12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you trade a Tron LE for a Metallica Master of Puppets LE?”

• Yes! 35 votes
    23%
  • No! 70 votes
    46%
  • You can't be serious! 46 votes
    30%

(151 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Title says it all, would you trade a Tron LE for a Metallica Master of Puppets LE?

Someone at our pinball club brought this up yesterday, and we all thought it would be crazy, but I thought I would pose this question to the masses.

Lets say you have a opened, HUO Tron LE, and like Metallica.. would you do the trade? Or sell the Tron LE and try and find a Metallica LE?

For me, an unproven machine, no matter how rare, is still unproven. Some may not feel this way. Lets see what you guys think...

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Or sell the TRON LE and try and find a Metallica LE?

This without a doubt. Assuming that you want the Metallica.

#3 10 years ago

Sell me the Tron LE for $9k then go buy Metallica

#4 10 years ago

A great game for an unplayed one? No.

#5 10 years ago

Doesn't seem like a good trade- at all IMO.

#6 10 years ago

LMAO, not a chance. I wanted a METLE, but after speaking with several of the flippers that had several and seeing them post here trying to hype and price push and claim their game appreciated $1,800 in one day . . . well, that was enough for me.

The funniest post was the one who said he wanted to trade his METLE for something "really nice" that he "otherwise wouldn't get a shot at" something like a Big Bang Bar I think he said. I thought that was pretty funny too.

#7 10 years ago

Tron LE is very rare and quite costly. And it has limited playfield features and modes in addition to the LE cosmetics and other minor differences. Metallica LE is just cosmetic. That's it. You can always get a premium model for Metallica. You don't have that option with Tron. Tron Pro is a good game but it's a step down from the LE without question.

Even if Metallica LE is a great machine you can get every game play feature and mode from the premium edition. So you aren't missing out on that much if you purchase machines to play them instead of collecting them.

#8 10 years ago

So you are saying that a Metallica LE has already gone up in price 2-3k in only a couple weeks?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

So you are saying that a Metallica LE has already gone up in price 2-3k in only a couple weeks?

And without being released. LMAO!

#10 10 years ago

ummm...... no.

#11 10 years ago

I would take a BBHLE-RNE(Red Neck Edition)for a Tron LE.

#13 10 years ago

I'm taking it that the votes for "yes" are the guys with Metallica LE's on order?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

I would take a BBHLE-RNE(Red Neck Edition)for a TRON LE.

Yeah, those are sweet. Heard it comes with all-camo trim, and a compound bow topper that lights up with different modes.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm taking it that the votes for "yes" are the guys with Metallica LE's on order?

It's Gary, Gomez, and Borg and the rest are the speculators trying to tell us their game is worth 9k . . . or a BBB.

#16 10 years ago

Not a chance. Tron LE is perfect.

#17 10 years ago

I'd sell Tron LE

Then buy a Tron Pro, Metallica Pro, a new handgun & a 70" TV

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'd sell TRON LE
Then buy a Tron Pro, Metallica Pro, a new handgun & a 70" TV

Same here, but Tron Pro, IJ, and a beater E30 I can work on.

[oo=oo]

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Same here, but Tron Pro, IJ, and a beater E30 I can work on.

Man, kwi, we keep giving you leads on various IJ's in Cali. You need to pull the trigger on one of those when they pop up!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, kwi, we keep giving you leads on various IJ's in Cali. You need to pull the trigger on one of those when they pop up!

Yes, I know, but currently, I don't have enough for one unless it's faded which is what I DON'T want!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yes, I know, but currently, I don't have enough for one unless it's faded which is what I DON'T want!

Ignore the fade and get what you want . . . you can decal it later I'm sure? I'd be more worried about insert wear. Wasn't that an issue with IJ?

#22 10 years ago

I'd want cash plus metallica le for tron le.

#23 10 years ago

Metallica LE will be worth way more then Tron LE mark my words; when tron le first came out it was not worth near what Metallica LE is now; you cant touch a Metallica LE for under 9k already and their will be very few here in the states too

#24 10 years ago

I sincerely hate all the price speculation involved with every new release nowadays. It seems to make the hobby more about a pins value and less about how much fun you have playing it. Forget about price it's about which pin you would enjoy having the most in the collection. At least thats how I look at it.

This question can not be answered without first playing Metallica let alone seeing video of gameplay.

#25 10 years ago

what's with the figment polls lately? Can't say this or that for a pin you never played.

#26 10 years ago

I would say a definite NO to the trade ...

but then again I have ( or will when Met. LE is released ) both games in my collection ..

#27 10 years ago

I will likely never have either, but If I had a Tron LE I would simply buy the Premium MET. If I could not afford both, then I would sell the Tron LE and buy a Premium MET. I see no reason to buy an LE MET. I want the pin with the most features per price tag.

#28 10 years ago

No way! This crazy MET LE shortage has produced the same irrational demand as the old cabbage patch dolls in the 80s and Nike Galaxy tennis shoes a couple of years ago. That could change once it's out with mature code, but anyone giving up a Tron LE for one at this point dropped too much acid at a Metallica concert.

#29 10 years ago

What taz said. The METLE hype was all about supply and demand. I believe that if the Dirty Donny Premium option had been available at launch, you might have seen a much slower LE sell out.

That said, it is always nice when new pins go up in value to offset the others that dropped in value right after delivery. But it is the greedy quick buck flippers that tick everybody off.

#30 10 years ago

I'd keep the Tron LE

#31 10 years ago

Ok, those that ACTUALLY OWN a Tron LE that posted you would trade, lets hear from you.

#32 10 years ago

Tron LE over Metallica LE if for no other reason than Metallica is having a Premium. That makes the Metallica LE less important than Tron LE in my opinion.

#33 10 years ago

Since it is not out yet this is a huge unknown. It could be comparable to trading a TRON LE for an AC/DC BIBLE, or a TRON LE for an XMEN Magneto. The unknown would make me patient

#34 10 years ago

I have a Tron LE and I feel it would be unwise to get rid of tron for a pin that no onel has played yet! At this point im not ruling out WOZ

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Ok, those that ACTUALLY OWN a TRON LE that posted you would trade, lets hear from you.

I doubt any Tron LE owners would trade for the MET LE. It is the rarer LE game with no premium model and if you are a collector it has already price stabilized (if you even care about the price). Meanwhile, METLE is just speculation and many are held by people who are trying to pump the value and then dump. There is a good chance the metal rock will drive the machine out of the homes of many of the purchasers (wives may not like it or they may like Metallica's music less than they did 20 years ago).

I'm still laughing at the flipper who wanted to trade his MET LE for a BBB ("or something else equally as nice as a BBB. Something I wouldn't normally have a shot at") the day after the sell out. Just simply hysterical.

#36 10 years ago

NO way.

Out of all the LE games Stern has made, Tron seems to command the highest resale $$$, and it is an amazing title, maybe one of the best in recent history.

Now, if you are a die hard Metallica fan and you don't care about the money side of things and are buying it just for the license, sure, go for it. Though, it is still a gamble because the game play could suck.

#37 10 years ago

i sold my Tron LE for over 10,000 bought MOP LE and Yeah there was a nice chunk left over

even trade def in the MOP favor

But keep in mind there are less MOP in teh USA with over 1/2 leaving the country

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

But keep in mind there are less MOP in teh USA with over 1/2 leaving the country

The prevailing theory has always been that half the Tron:LEs left the country as well. Only leaving 200ish in the USA.

#39 10 years ago

Just buy a Dirty Donnie Premium. I don't understand why people pay thousands of dollars extra for an art package. It's just stickers and a backglass...

#40 10 years ago

Because it wasn't 'thousands of dollars?'

Probably not even $500

Quoted from MikeS:

Just buy a Dirty Donnie Premium. I don't understand why people pay thousands of dollars extra for an art package. It's just stickers and a backglass...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Because it wasn't 'thousands of dollars?'
Probably not even $500

I can understand why people spent $500 or so extra when they were first released since getting a mirrored backglass and limited pin is probably worth the extra money. I just don't understand why people would pay $9k or $10K on the secondary market. Same goes for pins like SM Black. Worth it at the initial outset but not worth paying a premium for now especially when gameplay is the same....

#42 10 years ago

I was considering it too, but I wanted $ 3500 cash too. MOPLE looks great but has skyrocketed with Stern pulling a fast one and who even knows if it's going to be good at this point. Tron LE is a proven fan favorite and still no matter what you do to a Pro it's a one of a kind game with apparently 200 give or take floating around in the USA. On top of that the LE is the same game as the Premium except for some side rails and artwork. At least on Tron LE you get a fiber optic feature that IMO changed pinball light shows as we now know it.

#43 10 years ago

I agree with all - Tron has a real value difference. The only thing that changes this is what AC/DC did extra "value" for stickers and back glass... I hope the game does not go crazy up - so those that buy for the sake of buying get burned and this hobby goes back to pinball. Also just on a side note FS Metallica LE 20K pm me for details

#44 10 years ago

Does anyone know if there is any software difference between the Metallica LE and the Premium? That could make a difference too right? Like the Tron Pro vs Tron LE?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Does anyone know if there is any software difference between the Metallica LE and the Premium? That could make a difference too right? Like the Tron Pro vs TRON LE?

I am sure no - but no we don't know

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Does anyone know if there is any software difference between the Metallica LE and the Premium? That could make a difference too right? Like the Tron Pro vs TRON LE?

No. Stern has already listed the differences between the models. The LE doesn't even come with a shaker. It is just a mirrored back glass and different art package.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No. Stern has already listed the differences between the models

And we know how well they stick to that. Right at the bottom "**subject to adjustment**"

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Metallica LE will be worth way more then TRON LE mark my words; when TRON LE first came out it was not worth near what Metallica LE is now; you cant touch a Metallica LE for under 9k already and their will be very few here in the states too

Oh ya and Xmen LE is 10K by christmas. Bla Bla we've heard it before.

No one has played Metallica yet so no one knows. Avengers LE is dropping, Xmen LE is dropping, Transformers LE is dropping, etc. All hit or miss. Just because a few retards are paying 8K for a pin that isn't even released doesn't mean you should, but hey it is your money.
Keep your Tron LE and buy a Metallica Premium after you play it. Unless you want to be another flipper who doesn't care about playing pinball and just worries about status, how much it is worth, etc.

#49 10 years ago

It depends... if you had a Tron LE with no mods and 1000 plays it might be best to trade it for a NIB MoPLE with a ton of upside. The MoP's are selling for $8500-$8800 right now and no one's ever played it! If its a hit you could turn your $8500 Tron LE into a $12k NIB... roll the dice!

#50 10 years ago

My Tron LE is not going anywhere. I'm not interested gambling on an unproven game. Metallica as a group doesn't do very much for me anyway. I'll wait until I get a few games on it later in the year, and then buy a Metallica Premium if I really like it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-a-tron-le-for-metallica-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.