(Topic ID: 53947)

Would you trade a mint POTC for Metallica Premium?

By mrbillishere

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this trade worth it?”

• Yes, fair for both parties 28 votes
    47%
  • No, I loves me some POTC 8 votes
    13%
  • No Way, I'm a Metallica fanboy, 'nuff said. 12 votes
    20%
  • Too early to say. Wait until the play-factor of the Metallica Premium is proven out. 12 votes
    20%

(60 votes)

#1 10 years ago

So I'm thinking it's time to stir things up and just looking at which of my machines are on the main floor thus easier to move in/out. I've got a minty HUO POTC with all the bells and whistles and it sees its fair share of play, maybe once a week. But given its proximity to the door it would sure be easy to trade it off.

Looked at the Borg METLE video and I agree that Stern seems to have sunk a tad bit more into this game than they were in 2009-2011, so I could see owning one, at least until I tired of the soundtrack.

The gameplay is different, that's for sure. I consider POTC more of a stop-n-go experience, vs METLE/Prem's fan layout, so this aspect of the machines is really not comparable. Nevertheless, you get humor and the Johnny Depp pirate factor on POTC, in exchange for some humorous animations and Sparky on the Metallica pin.

So?

#2 10 years ago

I wanted to like POTC but the game does not even give me much enjoyment. Yes I like the first movie but then the rest just ruined it. This Metallica game looks to be a winner. Go for it.

#3 10 years ago

Why don't you give some decent choices in the poll? I vote none of the above. To me the POTC plus cash would be a fair trade. POTC is not worth $6k even HUO.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Why don't you give some decent choices in the poll? I vote none of the above. To me the POTC plus cash would be a fair trade. POTC is not worth $6k even HUO.

So then, you're suggesting that an HUO Metallica Premium will be worth $6k? I'm doubtful. Show me an HUO TF LE/Prem, XMLE, AC/DC Prem or AVLE that sold for $6K recently.

I tend to believe that nice, used Stern pins sell in the $5k range.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

So then, you're suggesting that an HUO Metallica Premium will be worth $6k? I'm doubtful. Show me an HUO TF LE/Prem, XMLE, AC/DC Prem or AVLE that sold for $6K recently.
I tend to believe that nice, used Stern pins sell in the $5k range.

I was assuming NIB Metallica since it was just released. If anything just out of the box. Still worth $1000 more than POTC.

#6 10 years ago

Since the premiums aren't out till July
You might have some waiting...

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

So then, you're suggesting that an HUO Metallica Premium will be worth $6k?

You may be right, but you'll be waiting a year on a sub 6k HUO MET Premium no matter what happens.

-Wes

#8 10 years ago

It does not matter if we would do it, the question is would you be happier with a Metallica than a POTC. Its all up to you. After all, It is going to be you who is losing/gaining a machine.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

You may be right, but you'll be waiting a year on a sub 6k HUO MET Premium no matter what happens.
-Wes

I agree

#10 10 years ago

I'd rather have a POTC than a METLE but I wouldn't do a straight trade either. That'd be 'fiscally foolish'.

#11 10 years ago

I can't tell if you are asking from a financial POV or a fun-to-play POV. If the former, then POTC + Cash = MET Premium for a long time (years). It may never be that POTC=MET Pre from a dollar standpoint, given equal condition.

From a fun perspective? You'd need to prefer Metallica and your trading partner will need to prefer POTC (and have a MET Pre to begin with). Tough call, I'd think.

GLWTT!

#13 10 years ago

I'd trade my huo loaded up potc for or toward just about any older b/w A-list title.

wh2o, tz, ij, taf, rs, or others....

Of course I feel the same about all my sterns.....

#14 10 years ago

POTC is not worth $6400??? Who would do such a trade? If you can trade your POTC for a METLE.................DO IT NOW!!!!

#15 10 years ago

I sold my HUO mint POTC. I wish I still had it...

...just so I could get rid of it again to get a Metallica premium.

#16 10 years ago

perhaps you should try for a NIB Metallica Pro.....sounds like more of a fair trade, not price policing but being real

#17 10 years ago

If someone is dumb enough to trade you then do it.

IMO potc isn't even equal with a met pro.

#18 10 years ago

Absolutley!!!!

#19 10 years ago

I don't get the hype of Metallica. I personally think its a turd. Keep pirates, it's entertaining for me.

#20 10 years ago

Wow just jump right in with two feet. POTC has been out for years and has been praised by many. Met has been out for a month and has been played how much?

#21 10 years ago

I used to own POTC, fun game, but Metallica is a much better title for me. With Lyman working on the software this game will end up just great. The hand drawn art is a huge plus for me as well...

#22 10 years ago

Yes,I would trade in a heartbeat.
I owned POTC as well,fun game,just got to repetitive for me.
The chest drove me nuts,you had to hit it some many times.

#23 10 years ago

Just sold my POTC to fund a Metallica game. I started at 6k and quickly found out finding someone to pay that is a challenge. Found a buyer and feel comfortable I got realistic market value for a excellent one owner home use only that had a lot of plays. Will more than likely pull the trigger on a Metallica pro now. Stoked. Good luck with your sale.

Alan

#24 10 years ago

I have played both and I would take Metallica over POTC.

#25 10 years ago

I'd trade my POTC for a metallica pro and it is HUO with lots of backalley mods and plays flawlessly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-a-mint-potc-for-metallica-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.