(Topic ID: 239577)

Would you take a bullet for...?

By Bublehead

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok, I was having a laugh with the wife, reading all the fanboy posts, and we were jokingly ribbing each other. She said these guys are blindly following the brand, and I said yeah, these guys are like walking off cliffs saying “This is for you, GARYYYyyy....” complete with the reference to the scene from The Omen. Or “I’ll take a bullet for you Jack...” which is why I am posting this. She says I would take a bullet for a designer/programer before an owner/CEO. Probably right. What are your thoughts? Who would you take a bullet for? A favorite designer, programmer, artist, Gary? Jack?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Depends. . . is the bullet fatal or just a flesh wound?

Good question, heres your answer, You believe the shot will be fatal. This guy has pulled a .44 magnum out and is pointing it at them. This is a sacrifice. Pure and simple.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Only people I would take a bullet for is my Wife and Children............Joey

Ok, real answer there. Respect that.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Upon 2nd thought...maybe Lyman...BUT would make him promise to update Ironman code and put in a real skill shot...!!!..........Joey

Ok, even more honest... with qualifiers!! We should get Lyman a set of kevlar undies.

#14 5 years ago

I have experience nursing an abdominal wound patient back to health from post op to followup office visit. Not a fun exprience. Ok, it was the wife and it was a tubal pregnancy... same misery for her, and I would never ever say more misery for me, nope, never say it.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You’d be surprised at what awakens in one when a fellow being is in distress...

So true, once a soldier, always a soldier.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

a good chance I’d just be a bystander.

Or A passive agressive enabler, making sure the shooter has a clear shot. But CEO’s usually dont need any help, they tend to do things that keep the crosshairs of decision firmly aimed at their own feet.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

My fellow man....every one of us that has put on a uniform and badge has agreed to do just that. It doesn't seem to go away when you retire the wardrobe.

So true, but I have met guys who have given more than you could ask tell me, in a certain situation, when others can and should step up, they step back, because to them, they have given enough already. At first I thought that was more than a bit cold, but if they ever tell you, and you may wish they never had, why- their point of view becomes crystal clear. I feel fortunate to have never had to give more than my time, my sweat, my hard work, and my good fortune while serving my fellow Americans, so my willingness to step up again is always there, as is my respects for those who have given more already.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

someone has to.

This. In a nutshell. Too many who are clueless who don’t even know what “Step up” means, or even how to. While 20 people sit cowering in a janitor’s closet, worried they are going to be triggered and need a safe space, and not a one picks up the mop, breaks the handle, fashions it into a crude spear and heads out to face their destiny. When did we become such domesticated felines?

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

There's bravery, and there's stupidity.

And sometimes there is no difference.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Every situation is different, but if I have to go down, I am doing my best to take some SOB with me.

When I was in the Navy, heading out on weekend liberty to see my high school friend at college in St. Louis, three young men with a knife heard something similar to this from me in Chicago back in 1981 when they interupted my stroll from the train station to the bus terminal. They asked nicely for my wallet, it had my entire paycheck of $380 in cash in it, so I kindly refused, threw my sea bag to the ground in a huff and said “Well, it’s three on one, I’m not going to win, but I AM taking one of you with me, you just have to figure out between the three of you who that one of you is.” They then looked at each other, looked at my 6’4”, 225 pounds of woopass, and decided, yeah, he probably could, and took a rain check on mugging me that day. After they ran off, I picked up my sea bag, finished my stroll, sat down in the bus terminal, and tried to recover from the adrenaline OD as I waited for the midnight bus to St Louis. There is stupid, and there is brave, and sometimes, you can’t tell them apart.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-take-a-bullet-for?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.