(Topic ID: 239577)

Would you take a bullet for...?

By Bublehead

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Ok, I was having a laugh with the wife, reading all the fanboy posts, and we were jokingly ribbing each other. She said these guys are blindly following the brand, and I said yeah, these guys are like walking off cliffs saying “This is for you, GARYYYyyy....” complete with the reference to the scene from The Omen. Or “I’ll take a bullet for you Jack...” which is why I am posting this. She says I would take a bullet for a designer/programer before an owner/CEO. Probably right. What are your thoughts? Who would you take a bullet for? A favorite designer, programmer, artist, Gary? Jack?

#2 5 years ago

Depends. . . is the bullet fatal or just a flesh wound?

#3 5 years ago

Only people I would take a bullet for is my Wife and Children............Joey

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Depends. . . is the bullet fatal or just a flesh wound?

Good question, heres your answer, You believe the shot will be fatal. This guy has pulled a .44 magnum out and is pointing it at them. This is a sacrifice. Pure and simple.

#5 5 years ago

Upon 2nd thought...maybe Lyman...BUT would make him promise to update Ironman code and put in a real skill shot...!!!..........Joey

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ok, real answer there. Respect that.

#7 5 years ago

Upon 2nd thought...maybe Lyman...BUT would make him promise to update Ironman code and put in a real skill shot...!!!..........Joey

Ok, even more honest... with qualifiers!! We should get Lyman a set of kevlar undies.

#8 5 years ago

My family, and the people in my band. That about sums up the people I trust

#9 5 years ago

I heard someone took a bullet for Ghostbusters code and when they first awoke at the hospital was told "the update is still delayed even though you took a bullet but remains in our schedule".

#10 5 years ago

My daughter, that’s it .

#11 5 years ago

If pinball were a life and death industry (which it isn't), I would, for the sake of the hobby take a bullet for George Gomez. That man has my respect above and beyond all others in this hobby. From his early years to the turmoil at the end of Williams, he has been nothing other than a class act who demands more than has been created.

He has taken Stern to new heights. And I know it hasn't been perfect, but considering the climate he has to operate in, I give him the highest of marks.

But to be clear, I don't want to be shot.

#12 5 years ago

Only if their pins would skyrocket upon death. Otherwise nope... And really still nope... I'd try to push them out of the way, or karate chop the gunman. Or yell duck...

#13 5 years ago

Taking a bullet ain’t so bad at first. But that next day after surgery f’n sucks...

#14 5 years ago

I have experience nursing an abdominal wound patient back to health from post op to followup office visit. Not a fun exprience. Ok, it was the wife and it was a tubal pregnancy... same misery for her, and I would never ever say more misery for me, nope, never say it.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Taking a bullet ain’t so bad at first. But that next day after surgery f’n sucks...

If you die, you don't have any worries.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I don't have a wife or kids, so put me down for nobody. If I had a wife or kids, I'd do it for them without a thought about myself.

#16 5 years ago

I'm not taking a bullet for anyone but if I'm present I'm taking out whoever delivers the said bullet

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

so put me down for nobody

You’d be surprised at what awakens in one when a fellow being is in distress...

#18 5 years ago

So true, once a soldier, always a soldier.

#19 5 years ago

I've been in situations. No surprises. I took care of it.

If a fellow being is in distress... he best protect his own a**. I won't. Been there. Done that. Got that scar.

#20 5 years ago

I would shoot first. No need to take a bullet first. It's only pinball either way.

#21 5 years ago

My daughter, my wife, in that order.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zennmaster:

My daughter, my wife, in that order.

I’m in the same boat as you, if this was real life.

But, I thought this was fun hypothetical pinball chat.

I’d save Steve Ritchie, I’ve never met him, but love his games and from what I know of his life, he seems like a very interesting person to chat with. There’s a couple game designers and coders that IMHO are awesome for pinball, but as you move toward the ceo’s, I think there’s a good chance I’d just be a bystander.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

a good chance I’d just be a bystander.

Or A passive agressive enabler, making sure the shooter has a clear shot. But CEO’s usually dont need any help, they tend to do things that keep the crosshairs of decision firmly aimed at their own feet.

#24 5 years ago

I'll protect my family. Business persons who put money above employee welfare and generally screw customers; let them take their medicine.....

#26 5 years ago

My fellow man....every one of us that has put on a uniform and badge has agreed to do just that. It doesn't seem to go away when you retire the wardrobe.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

My fellow man....every one of us that has put on a uniform and badge has agreed to do just that. It doesn't seem to go away when you retire the wardrobe.

So true, but I have met guys who have given more than you could ask tell me, in a certain situation, when others can and should step up, they step back, because to them, they have given enough already. At first I thought that was more than a bit cold, but if they ever tell you, and you may wish they never had, why- their point of view becomes crystal clear. I feel fortunate to have never had to give more than my time, my sweat, my hard work, and my good fortune while serving my fellow Americans, so my willingness to step up again is always there, as is my respects for those who have given more already.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

So true, but I have met guys who have given more than you could ask tell me, in a certain situation, when others can and should step up, they step back, because to them, they have given enough already. At first I thought that was more than a bit cold, but if they ever tell you, and you may wish they never had, why- their point of view becomes crystal clear. I feel fortunate to have never had to give more than my time, my sweat, my hard work, and my good fortune while serving my fellow Americans, so my willingness to step up again is always there, as is my respects for those who have given more already.

Everyone has their views and reasons for such....I know there are many who feel they have given more than their fair share, and they probably have. I pass no judgment on anyone who makes such a decision, no matter how much I agree or disagree with it. I was a full time officer and pretty much a full time fire-medic at the same time for over 20 years. I missed a lot of sleep, missed out on a lot of my kids life, and see things still today I wish I could somehow forget.....but I would do it all over again.....someone has to. there are less and less folks willing to be involved these days, and if we all had a limit setting, there would come a time when no one cared enough to step up. There are tens of thousands that have sacrificed more then me in much less time, and so far as I am concerned....I still owe them.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

someone has to.

This. In a nutshell. Too many who are clueless who don’t even know what “Step up” means, or even how to. While 20 people sit cowering in a janitor’s closet, worried they are going to be triggered and need a safe space, and not a one picks up the mop, breaks the handle, fashions it into a crude spear and heads out to face their destiny. When did we become such domesticated felines?

#30 5 years ago

Coor's light.

wasn't that the saying?

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

The same can be said for those that put on a Military Uniform and lace up their boots.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

The same can be said for those that put on a Military Uniform and lace up their boots.

Absolutely.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you die, you don't have any worries.
    Disclaimer : I don't have a wife or kids, so put me down for nobody. If I had a wife or kids, I'd do it for them without a thought about myself.

But what about Prada?!!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

But what about Prada?!!

You are right. She is all I've got. I'd do anything for her. And I do mean anything.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This. In a nutshell. Too many who are clueless who don’t even know what “Step up” means, or even how to. While 20 people sit cowering in a janitor’s closet, worried they are going to be triggered and need a safe space, and not a one picks up the mop, breaks the handle, fashions it into a crude spear and heads out to face their destiny. When did we become such domesticated felines?

There's bravery, and there's stupidity. If you want to face down someone with an AK-47 armed with a mop handle, we'll light a candle for you.

On the other hand, if you want to play possum, grab him and strangle him as he walks smugly past, we will have a beer together and live to fight another day.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

There's bravery, and there's stupidity.

And sometimes there is no difference.

#37 5 years ago

My kids ONLY! Forget the wife, that bitch can die

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

There's bravery, and there's stupidity. If you want to face down someone with an AK-47 armed with a mop handle, we'll light a candle for you.
    On the other hand, if you want to play possum, grab him and strangle him as he walks smugly past, we will have a beer together and live to fight another day.

Every situation is different, but if I have to go down, I am doing my best to take some SOB with me.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Every situation is different, but if I have to go down, I am doing my best to take some SOB with me.

When I was in the Navy, heading out on weekend liberty to see my high school friend at college in St. Louis, three young men with a knife heard something similar to this from me in Chicago back in 1981 when they interupted my stroll from the train station to the bus terminal. They asked nicely for my wallet, it had my entire paycheck of $380 in cash in it, so I kindly refused, threw my sea bag to the ground in a huff and said “Well, it’s three on one, I’m not going to win, but I AM taking one of you with me, you just have to figure out between the three of you who that one of you is.” They then looked at each other, looked at my 6’4”, 225 pounds of woopass, and decided, yeah, he probably could, and took a rain check on mugging me that day. After they ran off, I picked up my sea bag, finished my stroll, sat down in the bus terminal, and tried to recover from the adrenaline OD as I waited for the midnight bus to St Louis. There is stupid, and there is brave, and sometimes, you can’t tell them apart.

#40 5 years ago

JOEY HAS SPOKEN!!!! This thread can be closed at this time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-take-a-bullet-for?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.