(Topic ID: 215082)

Would YOU support Stern in re-theming Iron Maiden for another game? (with poll)

By swinks

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would YOU support Stern in re-theming Iron Maiden for another game?”

• NO - (just want every machine different) 178 votes
    32%
  • NO - (because I am getting Iron Maiden and don't want another pin with the same design) 76 votes
    14%
  • YES - Original intended design - Archer 115 votes
    21%
  • YES - Spy theme like a comical - Get Smart & Kojak 12 votes
    2%
  • YES - Car theme - Fast n Furious 15 votes
    3%
  • YES - Action Hero Marvel Pin like - Deadpool 24 votes
    4%
  • YES - mysterious & action type game like - FreeMasons 4 votes
    1%
  • YES - Original Egptian theme - same but different 27 votes
    5%
  • Yes - Other 101 votes
    18%

(552 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

land_of_the_lost__matt_lauer_can_suck_it__by_tigerprincesskaitlyn-d589sda (resized).png
archer (resized).jpg
28uhc4 (resized).jpg
18b900076be25552d3a2a5d356d129f6 (resized).jpg
whining (resized).png
f6b2dd785d4473900559b4b2c6815a2b0f8af8c7 (resized).jpg
20180307_223143 (1) (resized).jpg
bye.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

How hard is it to replace the music?

I would imagine pinball browser to the rescue.

Get some Glen Miller or Tommy Dorsey in there and we'll have this place rocking !

LTG : )

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

well 16 hours in and voting is at 351 votes with 47.5% for not re-theming and 52.5% for a re-theme / reskin which has been a closely e call during this period

I count from you’re poll
175 wanted Iron Maiden = 62.5%
105 wanted something else=37.5%

Edit: never mind diddent see the last two lines of voting so my math is wrong

Anyways Maiden Rules!

#103 6 years ago

I read it at the 17hour mark with 369 votes
AGAINST re-theme - items 1 & 2 = 176 = 47.7%
FOR a re-theme - items 3-9 = 193 = 52.3%

as the discussion is - it is a cool layout and not a cookie cutter designer so could it be re-themed (in general) into an alternative theme

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I count from you’re poll
175 wanted Iron Maiden = 62.5%
105 wanted something else=37.5%
Edit: never mind diddent see the last two lines of voting so my math is wrong
Anyways Maiden Rules!

it's all cool, just hopefully a healthy discussion

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Absolutely! This is the worst music in the history of pinball. IMOP

That’s ridiculous!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would imagine pinball browser to the rescue.
Get some Glen Miller or Tommy Dorsey in there and we'll have this place rocking !
LTG : )

I was thinking more Neil Diamond -- but from his early hard rocking shit. I always wanted to have a multi-ball while rocking to "you don't bring me flowers.".

#107 6 years ago

Me: I dont like Maiden's music
Them: Dont buy it then

KME: I dont like Maiden's music (rumored)
Them: Don't make the game then

What we have here is a game nearly everyone likes with a theme half of us dislike including, allegedly, the designer.

The theme does translate well to pinball with the art & so called metal vibe so I will likely get one. I dont particularly like Aerosmith or The Walking Dead but I own the pinball machines because they're great.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The theme does translate well to pinball with the art & so called metal vibe so I will likely get one. I dont particularly like Aerosmith or The Walking Dead but I own the pinball machines because they're great.

I think the logical thing to do is include the Maiden music, but overdub the vocals with the hillbilly from TWD. Seriously, an improvement.

#109 6 years ago

Finally got to see and play Iron Maiden tonight. I had read this thread earlier in the day so was thinking about it as I was taking in a few games. What struck me was that if you changed the translite to remove 'Iron Maiden' and maybe even just called it Legacy of the Beast, and didn't specifically mention that it was 'Iron Maiden' songs, someone might not know the difference and just think it's a really cool horror type themed game. To that end, I could see myself buying the game and just hoping for an alternate translite......

#110 6 years ago

That's because no average person knows what the hell iron Maiden sounds like or whom they are.

#111 6 years ago

Steel Magnolias or Golden Girls would be dream themes for me.

#112 6 years ago

if iron maiden is that good of game, can we get a starwars retheme??? ive been waiting almost 30 yrs for a good starwars pin and still we have nothing but turds!

#113 6 years ago

I'd retheme it to 'Dukes Of Hazzard'
great show

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I'd retheme it to 'Dukes Of Hazzard'
great show

that would be good but I thought you were against the retheme ....

#115 6 years ago

24hrs in and 407 votes placed:

AGAINST re-theme - items 1 & 2 = 192 = 47.2%
FOR a re-theme - items 3-9 = 215 = 52.8%

#116 6 years ago

Just voted for original archer

#117 6 years ago

I'm just happy this machine is getting built. Archer or iron maiden, both are great themes.

#118 6 years ago

Yes, if they did a Jimmy Buffett version.

#119 6 years ago

I wasn't around when AC/DC and Metallica were released - did this kind of silliness happen when they were released ? It's not like this is a Morbid Angel pin

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wasn't around when AC/DC and Metallica were released - did this kind of silliness happen when they were released ? It's not like this is a Morbid Angel pin

It is not silliness...it is just a pity that stern does not use a more consensual theme for this original and great layout.
Just my take. This game will do like others: some people will buy and others won’t.
I would have loved to see this design with a theme like SW or GOTG.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

24hrs in and 407 votes placed:
AGAINST re-theme - items 1 & 2 = 192 = 47.2%
FOR a re-theme - items 3-9 = 215 = 52.8%

I think the poll choices are kind of stacked... lots of floaty yes reasons, limited no reasons that try to pigeon hole the no responses as stubborn.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Silly you say , almost sad !!!!

Stern will never do a retheme with a game that has limited editions

But i get it , the game is sooooo good that lots of people didnt even play it live
And already asking for a retheme

Play Maiden guys the theme is good it would not be my first pick ( i would pick evil dead or motley crue ...) But its like a monster Pinball with Maiden music
C'mon , Its not that bad

#123 6 years ago

Just have seen a video from MGC with good hearing of the sound and can’t stand it more than few minutes. Sound effect, callout are ok but music/songs in background are just agressive noise to my hears.
However, it Seems to get a very good flow and be a great shooter. If rules are done right, it could be a winner for metal music fans.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm sure Keith is very happy with the game. You can tell from how he talks about it, but it's also obvious that he's not an Iron Maiden fan and doesn't like their music. Given his choice in theme, he would have picked something else. Not that it should take away from what Iron Maiden ultimately became, but he very well could be in the camp of people who would be open to a re-theme possibility.
The game is going to be a success, so they won't recycle the layout. This isn't like Family Guy where operators held off from ordering until a more family friendly title was available.

I’ve heard his comments. I never got the impression he didn’t like the music. My take away was he was not a admitted fan as he really did not know of them other than they were a heavy metal band and knew their name. I think your projecting a opinion about this onto Keith as a false narrative, regarding “he doesn’t like their music”.
I get this pin disturbing you and others who are not fans of the music. It’s not for everyone’s agenda.

#125 6 years ago

It just cracks me up that there are so many people getting so bent out of shape about it. It’s not for everyone, I guess. I’m not an Aerosmith fan, but I still like playing that one. Never in a million years would I consider swapping out the music though!

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm sure Keith is very happy with the game. You can tell from how he talks about it, but it's also obvious that he's not an Iron Maiden fan and doesn't like their music. Given his choice in theme, he would have picked something else. Not that it should take away from what Iron Maiden ultimately became, but he very well could be in the camp of people who would be open to a re-theme possibility.
The game is going to be a success, so they won't recycle the layout. This isn't like Family Guy where operators held off from ordering until a more family friendly title was available.

I don't think he hates them too much

f6b2dd785d4473900559b4b2c6815a2b0f8af8c7 (resized).jpgf6b2dd785d4473900559b4b2c6815a2b0f8af8c7 (resized).jpg

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wasn't around when AC/DC and Metallica were released - did this kind of silliness happen when they were released?

No

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It just cracks me up that there are so many people getting so bent out of shape about it. It’s not for everyone, I guess. I’m not an Aerosmith fan, but I still like playing that one. Never in a million years would I consider swapping out the music though!

I agree that flat out asking for a retheme is a little much, but swapping out music is very common place these days. I did it for a few songs each on Iron Man and Star Trek. It's even easier if someone has made the mod available to you without having to generate it yourself.

I love ACDC, so no problem there. Metallica was a little different, I never owned any of their disks so I went online and starting listening to their music when the pin was announced. I realized that not only had I heard a bunch of their songs before, but I actually liked most of them! I love my Metallica pin and feel no need to swap out any songs. Some people have swapped out all the music on Metallica, not for me but more power to them. I don't own Aerosmith and I am not a huge fan, but I can tolerated and even enjoy the music on the pin. Then you come to Iron Maiden. I tried to listen just like with Metallica and have only heard one of their top 20 songs in my whole life. On top of that the IMDN songs I did listen to are terrible and the lyrics are laughably bad. I don't like them, its as simple as that. Shrug.

So why not swap out the music? If I own the game and it is a simple mod, why not? To me that is like asking me to listen to a band that I don't like in my car. If Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Madonna, or "anything to do with rap" comes on the radio, I immediately change the channel or put on pandora.

#129 6 years ago

Use Pinball_Browser.exe to replace the music with crap from your Taylor Swift CDs and then stick your Hello Kitty stickers all over the playfield.

problem_solved.jpeg

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Use Pinball_Browser.exe to replace the music with crap from your Taylor Swift CDs and then stick your Hello Kitty stickers all over the playfield.
problem_solved.jpeg

Hilarious

So because someone doesnt like Maiden that means they like Hello Kitty?

Maybe Maiden isn't metal enough for some folks.

Do you listen to Cannibal Corpse, bench 500lbs & eat a kilo of cocaine with a bowl of razors every day?

If not then you must like Miley Cyrus.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hilarious
So because someone doesnt like Maiden that means they like Hello Kitty?

Dha ! Ya !!!!!! Every wise man knows this

#132 6 years ago

Only for Lemmy and Motörhead

#133 6 years ago

whining (resized).pngwhining (resized).png

#134 6 years ago

Sons of Anarchy retheme!

#135 6 years ago

What a joke this is, so you didn't get the theme u wanted with this great layout? Thats happens for me 99% of the time with new pinball machines so suck it. Oh and also Iron Maiden = Greatness.

18b900076be25552d3a2a5d356d129f6 (resized).jpg18b900076be25552d3a2a5d356d129f6 (resized).jpg

#136 6 years ago

I think they could retheme music pins in general. AC/DC could be Grateful Dead. Why not put out with different bands.

I like Iron Maiden. I do not think it should be rethemed because people do not like it. It should be rethemed as it's a great layout and could sell more units to another demographic.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a joke this is, so you didn't get the theme u wanted with this great layout? Thats happens for me 99% of the time with new pinball machines so suck it. Oh and also Iron Maiden = Greatness.

Lol, true

Except the Maiden = Greatness part

#138 6 years ago

I love Maiden, but it is a strange choice. Imagine a Garth Brooks machine. It would alienate just as many people, including me. That being said, re-theming is lame. The company chose this layout for this theme. Maybe the next one will be Garth for the cuntry fans.

I'd rather see an original theme, to be honest. f*#k music, movie and TV themes. Keith and original theme would have sold well, but maybe not as well as Iron Maiden. You guys have to remember that this band is huge all over the world, plus their album art is pretty epic.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Exacly !!!

#140 6 years ago

I would like this and i would like that more of this oh no i would like more of that ...well its fuckin maiden crying biatches

I remember what i though when gardian sw st kiss xmen mustang i though Crap those theme are not for me but i never made post about that and cry all over pinside.

I was happy for people having the dream they love and only hoping next one will be my kind of theme

I was hoping for evil dead motley crue
Monster theme ... maiden i close to a dream theme so there , just be happy for us.

Thanks for your support

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's because no average person knows what the hell iron Maiden sounds like or whom they are.

That's what makes this game so great. It goes against the grain.

I'm not the Iron maiden fan that I was when I was younger and I have seen them a couple of times in concert. I lost track of their new music after Somewhere in Time. I will probably buy one of these.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I remember what i though when gardian sw st kiss xmen mustang i though Crap those theme are not for me but i never made post about that and cry all over pinside.

I was happy for people having the dream they love and only hoping next one will be my kind of theme

Did I miss something? Are people asking Stern to stop production and shipping and take back the games that have already shipped, so they can dash your dreams by retheming the game?

No, they are not. I think I speak for most everyone in saying that I am happy to see people get their dream theme and I hope Stern sells many thousands of them. It seems to be a popular theme in Europe to, so I hope they pop up all over the place. That said, it is a great layout that was originally designed to be Archer. The hope is that sometime down the line a year or two from now that this great layout be rethemed as something else that people who don't like this niche theme can have something they like. For me, I would be happy with a simple replacement of songs, but if this was released as Archer in the future I would be super happy. And at that point I would hope that IMDN owners would be happy for the rest of us.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Did I miss something? Are people asking Stern to stop production and shipping and take back the games that have already shipped, so they can dash your dreams by retheming the game?
No, they are not. I think I speak for most everyone in saying that I am happy to see people get their dream theme and I hope Stern sells many thousands of them. It seems to be a popular theme in Europe to, so I hope they pop up all over the place. That said, it is a great layout that was originally designed to be Archer. The hope is that sometime down the line a year or two from now that this great layout be rethemed as something else that people who don't like this niche theme can have something they like. For me, I would be happy with a simple replacement of songs, but if this was released as Archer in the future I would be super happy. And at that point I would hope that IMDN owners would be happy for the rest of us.

I wrote People are complaining/crying about theme , no ? I never wrote they will stop prod... geezzzz

Ya people will/are buying 500 Limited Editions and Stern will retheme it later ?
Talk about some Limited

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

well said and my thoughts as well

#146 6 years ago

48hrs in and 480 votes placed:

AGAINST re-theme - items 1 & 2 = 226 = 47%
FOR a re-theme - items 3-9 = 254 = 53%

will leave it as that, approximately 50% of people don't want this particular layout re-themed and approximately 50% would like this particular layout re-themed as something else with a majority wanting the preferred layout to be the original design - Archer.

#147 6 years ago

I think this layout would make a great surfing themed game , Point Break

#148 6 years ago

Throw a trunk on there and you got yourself a good start at a Caribbean themed game featuring a couple of handsome Pirates.

#149 6 years ago

As long as the art package is high quality they can re-theme it as much as they want. Especially with games that are good enough they earn additional production runs, which this one seems likely to be in time, I'd much rather have full re-themes than variants on the original. Particularly when it comes to licensed titles... After the initial payoff of riding a license why not give a proven layout and ruleset an original look and get a little more interesting with the art and sound design?

I love Iron Maiden but I can think of other Sterns that got Vault Editions where I'd have rather seen them in a new skin entirely in their later runs than rehashing comic book themes that had no appeal from day one, and I imagine others feel the same about themes I cherish.

#150 6 years ago

archer (resized).jpgarcher (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-support-stern-in-re-theming-iron-maiden-for-another-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.