(Topic ID: 109648)

Would you sell your HOU TAF for a HOU Spiderman ?

By golfingdad1

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ChadKeller
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

So I have a very nice HUO Addams family with lots of mods, full cointaker leds, pinball pro speakers, full set of cliffys, uncle fester, swamp lights, blue led lighted flippers and topper, near perfect playfield and cabinet, new clear ramp, maget fuse kit, so no burn, custom hallmark train and a color DMD . But now I have located a one owner unmolested purchased nib 2007 Spiderman in like new condition with very low plays, as the seller stated, I bought it put it in my child's playroom, and the price is very very tempting.
Of course i would like to have both and expand my collection of my one game, but if you had to choose one or the other which would you choose?

#2 9 years ago

Spider-Man

#3 9 years ago

Not straight up. A TAF as you describe is worth more then an SM

#4 9 years ago

No taf is worth way more

#5 9 years ago

I know my Addams family is worth more and would sell accordingly but what game would you rather have?

#6 9 years ago

Definitely keep the TAF. HUO Spider-Man is an easy find. You can't say the same for TAF.

#7 9 years ago

Might be easier to find but in this condition for THIS price....unfortunately I don't have the scratch to just go buy it. If I did I would be on the road already.

#8 9 years ago

TAF being the best selling pin of all-time should be enough to tell you most people would rather have it then a lot of other pins. If I ever had TAF pin as you described, i would be buried with it. If I wanted an SM i would have to add it to go along side it. Same is true for a lot of B/W 90's classics like MM, CV, TOM etc..

#10 9 years ago

. If I wanted an SM i would have to add it to go along side it. Same is true for a lot of B/W 90's classics like MM, CV, TOM etc..

If I could right now I would .

#11 9 years ago

TAF worth more, SM more fun to play

#13 9 years ago

Seems most people agree that the Addams Family is worth more but Spiderman is more fun to play.

#14 9 years ago

SM is a better game with more staying power. I get tired of TAF really fast every time one comes through here.

#15 9 years ago

I have both and love SM. But, my TAF will never leave.

#16 9 years ago

HUO TAF = $7K SM = $5.5K

#17 9 years ago

Does the trade have to be straight up? Will the Spider-Man guy give you some cash difference? As some have said, it's not a 1 to 1 value deal.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Does the trade have to be straight up? Will the Spider-Man guy give you some cash difference? As some have said, it's not a 1 to 1 value deal.

It's not a trade at all, potentially I would sell my Addams family to cover the cost of the new machine. Obviously I would end up with some cash in hand , as the value of Addams is greater than the cost of the spiderman.

#19 9 years ago

Had both. Spent more time with SM

#20 9 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooppppppppppppooooopppppppppppppe

#21 9 years ago

If you've had enough of Addams go ahead. However, if you decide to reacquire an Addams in like condition, you may not be able to, or it will be much more expensive.

I had them both at the same time for a while, and Spidey commanded more of my attention. If I had to choose one of them today, I would pick Spidey for many personal reasons, including entertainment value and re-playability.

#22 9 years ago

A HUO TAF is a gem that is pretty hard to come by because most people at the time didn't buy machines for personal use and to find one today with appropriate documentation is near impossible... SM was produced at a time when many people did buy for personal use and a lot held onto their documents... If you always want to have TAF in your collection and can prove that your machine is in fact HUO, I wouldn't let it go...

#23 9 years ago

As hard as it is, if your interested in the SM, sell the AF, just understand you will probably never get one back in that condition again... but having only one pin, you probably have done everything you can do on it..

Toss a blanket over it for a day and pretend it is gone.. see how you feel about it not being there anymore..

#24 9 years ago

Nope.

#25 9 years ago

No way!

#26 9 years ago

NEVER ,I had a HUO addams since day one and let it go took ten years n 10,000 to replace. (Gold) work 2 jobs and hope for spiderman vault ed

#27 9 years ago

For me this is an easy choice TAF. If you wanted a SM instead I'd get cash on the trade or sell the TAF and buy the SM with money still in the bank.

#28 9 years ago

NO WAY!!!

TAF is WAY better!!!!

#30 9 years ago

Absolutely not!

#31 9 years ago

Guys ,
Remember this would not be a trade ....

#32 9 years ago

I would keep the Addams until you do not play pinball at all anymore, really need the cash, or Hate playing it. Not only do I think of them as a awesome toy but there a investment as well. This being said, Spider-Man hasn't been around as long, it's value is less, and they are easier to come by. I know it's a awesome looking spidy but look around for a addams that looks like yours. If you do find it, it's going to be expensive because a dealer has cleaned, refurb, replaced everything, and wants to much for his time. Lol I would just wait and save up to buy the Spidy, another will come along. At that time the spidy might be a little more money or need a little money put in to it but as more time goes by its going to be harder to find addams family parts, playfields and even mods. I agree with a post above cover it or move it out for awhile, if you can, and see how you feel about it. At the end of the day it your choice tho lol

#33 9 years ago

Heck no. And I owned a Black Spider-man for years that I bought NIB. I really like the SM layout and code is really good. But I never enjoyed the SM movies and never got comfortable with the theme. A lot of people like it, but it will never be the classic machine that TAF is. Plus they aren't that hard to find and who knows if Stern will drop a Vault edition on you. You'll likely never find another HUO TAF.

#34 9 years ago

SM >>>>>>> TAF

#36 9 years ago

Got both. There's more to SM than TAF, but good TAF's don't come along very often.

If i had to keep one, nostalgia aside, i'd keep SM.

#37 9 years ago

Are you insane? Keep the HUO TAF dude!

I'm just imagining the guy you are dealing with chomping off half his hand reading this, hoping nothing sways you to keep it... "shut up guys, shut up guys..."

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Guys ,
Remember this would not be a trade ....

Still would not sell an HUO TAF to get funds for any type of SM. If I had an HUO TAF, I wouldn't sell it to get ANY pin unless I just didn't like to play TAF any longer.

#39 9 years ago

No

#40 9 years ago

Gotta say, It will be very difficult to replace the TAF in that condition. I believe there are many HUO SM out there. If possible, save for awhile and pick up SM down the road...prostitution is always a option.

#41 9 years ago

I would sell TAF in a heartbeat...but then I personally would probably never own an TAF in the first place as I just don't care for the game. SM on the other hand is not leaving anytime soon! It took 4 of my restored games to get it in trade a few years ago, and I don't regret the trade. I have since customized my SM and purchased 1 of the games I traded back from the friend I traded them to, and have purchased another 1 of each of the others that I traded, just don't have them restored and up in my house yet. Got PF done just not the cab on 1 and the other haven't got torn down yet...one of these days I will get to it! So for me this was an EASY answer!!

Phoebe

#42 9 years ago

I couldn't do it. I'd love to have an SM, as SM is a great game, but I love TAF too. I know that I'd miss TAF even though I've played it so many times it's not funny, and I don't play it for long stretches, when I want to play it, it's nice to have it in the collection. It brings back so many good memories and it's fun all over again. Hard call. As you can tell, nostalgia makes up a great deal of my love for TAF. If someone lacks this nostalgia, or has pretty much played TAF out and never ever plays it, the decision would be easier to offload the TAF, but you should have money coming your way, as right now (and as stated previously), an HUO TAF is a pretty rare bird, and is worth more than an HUO SM. Good luck on whatever choice you make. They're both awesome games in my book.

#43 9 years ago

HUO TAF for the win.

#45 9 years ago

Gollfingdad I have owned a NIB spider-Man and then a nicely restored STTNG. For me that was my pin similar to the TAF. Those were the two pins that were hardest to let go. Eventually I have sold or traded both. To be fair, I have a high end TZ that I haven't let go, but only keep it because my wife and kids like it. I would say get the game you want. Spider man is very fun and will bring you a few years of enjoyment at the very minimum.

The only caveat is that the market is down now and you will take a bigger loss on that game than you might have a few years ago.

Good luck and don't be afraid. It's just a game.

#46 9 years ago

Let's not forget PPS might do TAF remake, if that happens we all get a huo TAF.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Let's not forget PPS might do TAF remake, if that happens we all get a huo TAF.

Yes, but if they do I'm sure it's years down the list. I don't think TAF ever gets remade for a host of reasons though.

2 weeks later
#48 9 years ago

The Addams Family will be staying put right where it's at, I just need to start saving for a nice Spiderman when it becomes available .

#49 9 years ago

Answer is easy. I'd keep your Spiderman and trade your TAF to me for every game I own. Straight Up!

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

The Addams Family will be staying put right where it's at, I just need to start saving for a nice spiderman when it becomes available .

Wise choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,059.00
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 65.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-sell-your-hou-taf-for-a-hou-spiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.