1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by willbeEM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200112_200758_319 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200112_200758_321 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2919 (resized).JPG
    thumbnail_35928800_10156485149177277_7828488782214070272_n (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180628_1328187 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180628_1328134 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180126_2028569 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2825 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2822 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Got this Grand Slam as payment for some work I did on a Gottlieb 2001.it's a little rough but it's all there.

IMG_2822 (resized).JPG

IMG_2823 (resized).JPG

IMG_2825 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

I’d try to make it work properly, and play as is. Nothing wrong w a game showing its age..it looks like a fun game..

#3 1 year ago

I would if I had the room. that machine seems to have a lot of charm

#4 1 year ago

With a repro BG, From Shay for $300, and cleaned up a little
    it could easily be brought back to very acceptable (re-sellable) pin.

#5 1 year ago

No, too much work, too far gone.

I'd get it running and try to sell it to somebody more enthused.

#6 1 year ago

It would look good next to your Roto Pool in picture number three above. I remember a collector here in NJ wanted that title real bad and couldn't find one for a long time. I played his after he cleaned it up and made it playable. Can't hurt to clean that game up and make it playable to see if you would like to keep it.

#7 1 year ago

Heck yeah! I'd clean it up and play it.

#8 1 year ago

id do an hour radius of your pinball friends and see if they have an open spot in their woodrail section and if so then donate it.

IMG_20180126_2028569 (resized).jpg

#9 1 year ago

It would scare me if I was offered a Pin in that condition. Close enough to be irritating but lots of work restoring that could be fruitless in the long run.
    Still,the Main Chick is legible on the back glass, it would look good in a Antique outboard motor shop Museum, or a thousand other like environments cleaned up and as-is.
    That thing has character.

#10 1 year ago

If you're asking the question, the answer for you is probably "no". But, assess it's current value, and move it along to someone who would definitely say "yes".
    I'm sure someone out there would. It's a worthy game for sure. Backglasses have been done, and the rest of it doesn't look too far gone.

#11 1 year ago

Clean it, fix it, and play it. I wouldn't worry about the cosmetics too much. Not every pin out there is going to look like it came fresh out of the box.

#12 1 year ago

yep, sell it to someone who will restore it if you don't.

1 week later
    #13 1 year ago

novaguy Gosh I just opened up a spot in my workshop. If you haven't made a decision I'd love to give it a go

#14 1 year ago

Clean, fix and play. Nothing wrong with a "garage game". Give/sell to a neighbor who has no pins when you tire of it.

4 months later
    #15 1 year ago

thinks i have a little treat coming for this later this week....

#16 1 year ago

If I had the room for it, i would keep it, could always become a donor.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Heck yeah! I'd clean it up and play it.

+1

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

yep, sell it to someone who will restore it if you don't.

...plus another.

But wait...

Quoted from singlezero:

thinks i have a little treat coming for this later this week....

...did this machine end-up changing hands?

#18 1 year ago

This is one of the great ones from the early fifties! I'd be grabbing another backglass from Shay and getting her going. You're lucky to have stumbled upon it! Clean and fix it up and give it a workout. You'll be glad you did! Correct the flipper angle and double-up on the flipper rubber to make the bottom area bearable. Dialed in properly, this is one of those that will have you returning for 1 more.

If you find it's not your "Cup-o-tea," it should be an easy sale, (even with the new backglass investment).

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from novaguy:

Got this Grand Slam as payment for some work I did on a Gottlieb 2001.it's a little rough but it's all there.

Yes, anytime you see a great looking woman on the backglass she deserves to be saved.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...did this machine end-up changing hands?

initially i asked if i could have it as i was picking up a grandslam with a pretty nice playfield , i thought if at worst everything else was roached, i could get a new glass and use the pf i bought. that little treat i was talking about ws that the gentleman had another pf for grand slam where i was buying mine, some slight wear but over all a lot nicer pf . i may have shot myself in the foot though , not acquiring this one to work from and now instead theres 2 grand slams were asking ourselves what should we do with them? just an added thing for both nova guy and i to ponder , i priced a bg with shipping or another game from Shay ( williams skill pool) and with conversion comes to 522 CAD.. and thats it we dont get hit with duty ..( a coint toss most times but they are letting less and less slip through. ( the one in the cabinet is the one i originally bought the other two images are of the extra pf

thumbnail_35928800_10156485149177277_7828488782214070272_n (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180628_1328134 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180628_1328187 (resized).jpg
    #21 1 year ago

Is that a Derby Day next to it?

#22 1 year ago

yes it is , it is taken , i could have taken this initially, but i have a jockey club, the image is taken from where i bought the machine

6 months later
    #23 1 year ago

plastics for mine ordered and being delivered , backglass here already. im looking forward to this one.

3 weeks later
    #24 12 months ago

Update.backglasses and plastics are in for both Grand Slams as well as plastics for the Southern Belle.the one the left is mine and Chris's(singlezero) is on the right.glad I decided to save this game as it looks to be a pretty good player.

IMG_2919 (resized).JPG
    11 months later
    #25 9 days ago

Looks good jimmy, grandkids have taken alot of time but i just managed to finish the playfield of my Quintette and am starting on the mechs. I think I am going to need another project soon

IMG_20200112_200758_321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_200758_319 (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 750.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside