6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you replace the coil stops on the left and right of the picture below?”

• Yes 0 votes
    • No 7 votes
      100%

(7 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

Coil stops are important and even more important than I ever thought after reading this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-someone-explain-coil-stops-are-engineered-the-way-they-are

See the attached pic of my Abra Ca Dabra pop bumper coil stops (left and right) and a new PBR coil stop I the middle. The left and right ones are a bit mushroomed which you may be able to see a bit but easier to feel - when I place my finger nail along the edge of the inside stop and can feel a very tiny ridge.

Up until now I've been replacing them since they are part of rebuild kits I've been buying but I'm wondering why is this really that important if there is only a tiny bit of mushrooming? Can this really affect how my pops work?

Anyway, just looking to learn from the experts as I want to do it right.

Q: Would you replace these coil stops?

Please comment on WHY you would or would not replace them. Thanks

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

When I started in the hobby a few years back I tended to replace many parts. Now I am far more circumspect & cost conscious relative to the value of these machines & the impact of existing parts over gameplay. As a result I replace far few parts apart from coil sleeves, rubbers, full flipper rebuild & where necessary pop components. But from your pic I would not replace those coil stops-they look ok to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-replace-these-coil-stops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.