(Topic ID: 239334)

would you rather JJP PotC or BK3??

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“would you rather ”

• JJP PotC 120 votes
      39%
    • BK3 154 votes
      50%
    • other (specify) 31 votes
      10%

(305 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

It’s hard to vote since the new BK isn’t out yet. I plan to play it at MGC though in two weeks! So I voted POTC since that’s a surefire win.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I might be in a minority but I don't want to do homework to enjoy a pin. A good game should be approachable by the average player and a lot of the code easy to understand. Once you start getting good at the basic rules, then you start learning the more advanced rules and details. Having to learn advance rules on the first plunge is not fun imo.

If my 7 and 10 year old can figure it out without researching first, so can you.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Well that’s a point. If JJP Potc was hell on wheels it would be selling better and I could play it without driving 65 minutes.
    On Pinside more people list TNA in their collection than JJP Potc.
    We know 550 TNA produced and almost 50 more people list TNA in their collection than all versions of JJP Potc.
    I’m not saying boo or that Potc is bad but it’s not selling like anything. It’s like meh for sales. JJP admits as much as they are stopping production to make a 4th version of Woz because no one is clamoring for more Potc.

Uh, I think you have that backwards. I have no idea where you got that info from, it's the opposite. JJP's exact words were that they ordered X amount of parts so they could make X amount of games, and they ran out of parts (sold all the games). And now they are making the next game, and the next game, that's why production stopped. The game sold out. Some of the distributors were actually upset as they have people wanting to order one but can't get the game. It's also why a used POTC LE sells almost immediately and at a price that is only $500 below NIB retail.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

My god man the run out of parts so they can't build more POTC but they can buy new parts to sell an overpriced stripped down WOZ funny stuff

Do you think when JJP wants parts they just order them on amazon and have them 2 days later? It's clear you do not understand how all of this works.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

That's the part I don't get. If distributors are barking for more games and games are selling well, why not make a few hundred more or whatever until next game is ready? Instead they roll out a somewhat limited WOZ to fill a gap that doesn't appear to have an immediate demand? How many different runs of WOZ have they done? JJP had to order more parts to make WOZ so why not order more parts for POTC instead? WOZ never sold out. Obviously a decision was made on what game to move forward with. I don't get it either because it does seem like POTC is gaining steam as more people get to play it and owners have a lot of good things to say about it.

Because as I said above, they can't just order more parts on amazon and poof there they are. They have to plan weeks if not a couple months in advance the parts purchases vs when they'll have them for assembly. JJP ordered X parts for POTC, expecting to build X number of machines over X amount of time. Then next up is the YBR, and then the next pin, and then the next pin. All of the logistics of these parts have to be planned out. I cannot see JJP not making more pirates in the future, they even said as much at TPF. They have the license a few more years, so they could do it. JJP wants to come out with 2 pins a year, they aren't going to shut down their lines to wait for POTC parts and delay their next machines.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's the big mystery isn't it? My distro told me that if he had 10 pirate LEs right now they would be sold instantly. I can only think that it wasn't as profitable to build as JJP had planed. That's why they are either going to torpedo the title altogether or run it later down the road for a higher price point. You can't just raise the price in mid production (like right now) or everyone will grab the torches and pitchforks. You have to let it rest for a year and then fire it up again at a higher price point so that everyone just assumes its inflation.

See above. The logistics of making these pins has to be planned out. JJP is a small manufacturer and can only make X number of machines per day/week. Do they delay their entire company plan and announcing the next 2 games just to build some more POTCs? Or do they build more later on the 2nd line when they can plan for it accordingly? A smart company does the latter.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

It's obvious JJP planned on shutting POTC down and moving on to another WOZ run long ago. I have not kept up with JJP news but was this a thing with past games? Did they stop WOZ and only make Hobbit? Then shutdown Hobbit to make DI? It seemed like they were always coming out with special editions of past games and selling new games. Don't recall anyone complaining they couldn't buy any one of their games.

This is something new - they are trying to get on a schedule and stick to it, and only reveal a game just as they are getting ready to build them and ship.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

JJP Pirates is a beautiful game with a lot of depth. I have no criticism of it. It’s just not my style of game.

A rational and articulated opinion against a game? Am I still on pinside? :p

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-rather-jjp-potc-or-bk3?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.