2: Buy a huo Cactus Canyon(r) for $7,700
3: Buy a routed Toy Story 4 for $9,500

???

(Explain)

#2 1 year ago

CCr cause it’s CGC

#3 1 year ago

That’s easy….CCR or Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest is original and actually a fun game…

CCR is pretty good too. If you have never played much on an original the upgrades on the remake are nice.

TS4…still overpriced unless you really like it.

#4 1 year ago

2 and it isn’t remotely close.

#5 1 year ago

CCr

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

That’s easy….CCR or Oktoberfest.
Oktoberfest is original and actually a fun game…
CCR is pretty good too. If you have never played much on an original the upgrades on the remake are nice.
TS4…still overpriced unless you really like it.

I love the theme and originality of it okt. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of standup targets and not many kinetics. Just shoot static lights and hit two ramps for locks.

I have a CCr SE+ on order but saving 2,000 or more on the topper might be worth it to just get the game.

Then also a TS4 for $9,500 seems worth it for the $2,500 price cut and able to enjoy and flip later with not much loss beyond.

#7 1 year ago

CCr

#8 1 year ago

Having played all 3, I’m going Oktoberfest. Packed game, weird theme, great shots. I just can’t get into CCr, not sure why.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Then also a TS4 for $9,500 seems worth it

Probably. Who is offering it up? If you don’t take it let me know!

#10 1 year ago

It is not a very appetizing list honestly…would be CCR by default.

It’s got that 90s Bally Williams charm but not the most refined layout. A little clunky in spots. Way too easy. Makes monster bash seem like Iron Man

Nothing about Oktoberfest appeals to me.

Don’t see me buying too many $9500 games like toy story.

Regardless, an unlikely dilemma for me.

#11 1 year ago

Ts is a flat no for me. So ccr or okt. Love b/w but okt is a cool original theme. Toss up.

#12 1 year ago

Poll needs a none of the above option

#13 1 year ago

With those choices…..I donate the money to charity.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

With those choices…..I donate the money to charity.

Lol. Thanks.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is not a very appetizing list honestly…would be CCR by default.
It’s got that 90s Bally Williams charm but not the most refined layout. A little clunky in spots. Way too easy. Makes monster bash seem like Iron Man
Nothing about Oktoberfest appeals to me.
Don’t see me buying too many $9500 games like toy story.
Regardless, an unlikely dilemma for me.

Lol… makes MB seem like Iron Man. I always thought MB was easiest Bally/Williams 90’s game… I need to play more CC apprently.

#16 1 year ago

Cactus Canyon. It’s fun, the art is great, sounds are great, and it has nicely integrated moments, like draw and gold rush.
It is a pretty easy game though, so if you play a lot and it’s in a small collection, you might get bored with it quickly

#17 1 year ago

why do i keep falling for these clickbait topics.

I feel so cheap.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

why do i keep falling for these clickbait topics.
I feel so cheap.

Just needed some friendly advice. Sorry my interest in titles aren’t up to your standards. Relatively interesting dilemma based on prices and variety, I thought. There’s also a WCS94 for $4,400 I’d consider over these.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Cactus Canyon. It’s fun, the art is great, sounds are great, and it has nicely integrated moments, like draw and gold rush.
It is a pretty easy game though, so if you play a lot and it’s in a small collection, you might get bored with it quickly

Agree on all points. I’m still progressing as a player and with my Hot Wheels and GB I’m trying to add another game that is approachable and easy for guests to get into as well when they visit. As my skills improve I’ll add deeper coded games. Godzilla is on my radar and I’m holding out hope for a Stern BTTF.

#20 1 year ago

Good list don't let the naysayers talk you down.

I have not played too much on any of these three pins, but when I did play them was enjoyable. Doesn't mean they are the best of all time but any pin at a good price is fun.

I would call BS on all three themes because they are not my cup of tea, prefer SW, JP, GZ, DM etc.. and these three are all kind of fun light games but that's OK.

Anyway TS4 is completely off my list, period at the asking price. Now if it came down to the same as CCr or October then I would almost say they are around the same but for almost $2K more to get the TS4 I wouldn't. But that said maybe 9K is somewhere the floor of TS4 (IDK) but if that's so and oyu get one for $9500 the worse you have is a $500 loss.

at your listed price I would still go:
CCr

October (
TS4
(only because at $9500 you are in the ballpark of titles like DP pre, JP, Maiden pre, Godzilla premium, DILE, Alien, AFM remake so that comes into play in my mind. What I mean is yes TS4 would be at a better price than $12K but it's competing with better pins in the $9500 price range)

I did a cost analysis in my head and ordered a CCr + topper (instead of TS4) that comes to $9250 (but shipping that's over the TS4 price you quoted but then you are saying routed and I have seen routed pins that look deteriorated after 6 months and I am saying CCr+ topper that is to me $1500 topper, if it wasn't for the topper I would just get a CCr SE and save $1250).

I guess October might be better than CC remake but I grew up playing pinball in the 70's/80's and kind of missed the 90s games completely and I have a crap load of modern games made in the 2000's so to me just to revisit the 90's pins is worth it to me to round out my collection some.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just needed some friendly advice. Sorry my interest in titles aren’t up to your standards. Relatively interesting dilemma based on prices and variety, I thought. There’s also a WCS94 for $4,400 I’d consider over these.

You newbies need some thicker skin. Can't tell when someone is making a joke.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Agree on all points. I’m still progressing as a player and with my Hot Wheels and GB I’m trying to add another game that is approachable and easy for guests to get into as well when they visit. As my skills improve I’ll add deeper coded games. Godzilla is on my radar and I’m holding out hope for a Stern BTTF.

I know it's not listed but if you can get a Stern PotC (maybe $5-6K) I don't know what they cost but I have had mine for 16 years and it still looks brand new, I've seen newer games on route that have been out for 3-4 months that look significantly worse than my PotC. I am talking shooter lane wear and such even my SW that's only 2 years old has more wear on the shooter lane than the 16 year old PotC.

Potc is very approachable that's partly why I keep it around but I still enjoy playing it. PotC is a gmae people love and some love to mod it but it's also a game that looks fine without mods and it doesn't look empty it has three major toys (Spinning disc, Ship and Chest).

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

You newbies need some thicker skin. Can't tell when someone is making a joke.

Please tell me you live in MI and wear U of M stuff but didn’t attend college at Michigan. That would make total sense.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know it's not listed but if you can get a Stern PotC (maybe $5-6K) I don't know what they cost but I have had mine for 16 years and it still looks brand new, I've seen newer games on route that have been out for 3-4 months that look significantly worse than my PotC. I am talking shooter lane wear and such even my SW that's only 2 years old has more wear on the shooter lane than the 16 year old PotC.
Potc is very approachable that's partly why I keep it around but I still enjoy playing it. PotC is a gmae people love and some love to mod it but it's also a game that looks fine without mods and it doesn't look empty it has three major toys (Spinning disc, Ship and Chest).

Good advice. Not my favorite theme but it’s a fun game to shoot! I’ll consider it. Thx.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I did a cost analysis in my head and ordered a CCr + topper (instead of TS4) that comes to $9250. I am saying CCr+ topper that is to me $1500 topper, if it wasn't for the topper I would just get a CCr SE and save $1250).

Talk to me about this more. I have an SE+ on order but I’m thinking about bailing on the topper and saving some cash for the next Stern instead. If I can scoop up a local CCr SE for $7,700 then I don’t have to pay tax or shipping and saves me $2,476. That’s a whole heck of a premium to pay for a topper!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I don’t have to pay tax or shipping and saves me $2,476. That’s a whole heck of a premium to pay for a topper!

Yes, that's a lot for a topper. SE is fine especially if it's not a forever pin. I have AFM LE (forever pin) but if I was just keeping it for a year or two who cares but I have a collection that I am always trying to improve around the edges not as much worried about the price for me.

Likely the topper will hold value anyway.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

If that’s the idea CCr makes sense. I’m getting one for the same reason. My collection actually needs more simpler games and it’s for me but also more casual family and friends. And in the grand scheme of pinball it’s not like CC is shallow. It hits the sweet spot for certain folks who actually don’t like deep as the ocean games. I like having a mix.

#28 1 year ago

No doubt CCr is a well built game, but like MB, it gets old pretty quickly. I liked Oktoberfest a lot when I last played it, but I’d choose TS at $9500 if you can get it that low.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Poll needs a none of the above option

Agreed

#30 1 year ago

Other options would be

4: Godzilla premium for $10,000
5: World Cup Soccer 94 for $4,400

But neither of those are the direction I want to go right now. I love both however.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

But neither of those are the direction I want to go right now. I love both however.

Yep. No to paying above MSRP for in production pins. Voted CCr from your poll.

Find a game you will enjoy first as you’ll put the most mileage on it when the guests leave.
Get time on location/other collectors if possible.

#32 1 year ago

2 for sure. Cactus Canyon is such a great game. Definitely worth more than Oktoberfest. I want to like Oktoberfest, but the game never connected with me. Too much waiting for the ball. TS4 doesn't interest me at all.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That's what I would buy

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That's what I would buy

Part of my ploy to drop the topper of my SE+ CCr and get the used SE. frees up $2500 that I could put towards the WCS making it only $1900. I love pinball math!

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Part of my ploy to drop the topper of my SE+ CCr and get the used SE. frees up $2500 that I could put towards the WCS making it only $1900. I love pinball math!

That's a good plan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-rather-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.