Linked Games

Topic poll

“One game or Two”

• 1 9 votes
    8%
  • 2 99 votes
    92%

(108 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Pick the option where your wife is happy. Having her included in the hobby will make it more enjoyable. Plus, you’ll have a better chance of getting some action later.

Or at least you'll have the illusion of it until you beat her down on it in 2 player games a few times. :Þ

Can I pick option 3? Wonka Standard and AC/DC Premium?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I prefer the pro to the premium, that lower playfield didn't do it for me. I thought about the pro and Wonka SE but lack of Wonkavator and uncertainty of its actual release kinda killed it.

I'm not a fan of the lower playfield, but the other things that the Premium has make such a drastic difference in AC/DC, it's really really hard to justify the Pro...and the Pro is much more difficult to locate for sale too, there just aren't a ton of them out there...or people are death-gripping them. If you prefer the pro because it's faster BECAUSE it lacks the crossover ramp and drop targets, I can totally get that. For me, I owned a premium for about 6 months, and I still couldn't get to Encore even though it was 'slower' than the pro, so YMMV there.

Wonkavator...psh. That...yeah whatever. It's not worth 2 grand for a 3 ball physical lock mech.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You’ve gotta let the girlfriend/wife win a few games.

Not if I can help it. She's already screwed me over in enough tournaments that I needed to win. No mercy for her, and I'll continue to PLAY BETTER.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

You're probably right about the Wonkavator. I'll revisit Wonka in 6 months to see the reviews, if it has even shipped by then. Hopefully Toy Story is soon, that would be our families grail pin and would purchase instantly. I prefer everything about the ACDC pro to the premium except for the bell. The standups seems to play a lot faster and didn't like the crossover ramp otherwise it's pretty much the same.

You prefer single color GI to the 3 color?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I wouldn't say prefer, just not an issue to me. As long as I can see the playfield, the GI is good. Color GI actually seems to muddy/darken the view sometimes atleast in my old Star Wars.

Well, for one... DE Star Wars is just a dark game to start with. It NEEDS really really bright white GI to be well lit. I had more of a problem with the flashers on AC/DC Premium blinding me than the color GI being too dark.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I meant my Stern Star Wars. The GI was nice and bright until lightsaber duel, then it changed to the red/blue GI and couldn't see a thing in a darker room. Miss the game though, the multiplier strategy kind of killed it for guests and non pinheads. Bright flashers get annoying fairly quick. I put the bright 8 LED flashers in my NGG and that thing burned my retinas every multiball.

We can agree on that. I hate everything about Lightsaber Duel! I hate that it kills my modes, I hate that it doesn't end when you drain, and I hate the GI choice they made for it. =\

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 32.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-rather-3?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.