(Topic ID: 136947)

would you put your collection on location to make money

By daddyxxx

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 8 years ago

Not my own personal games. I have thought about buying a couple for solely routing, but then usually a bunch of crap goes wrong on my own machines, and it's like a slap on the face for what I am to expect on machines I don't even get anything out of.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

For anyone that does decide to do this here is my short list of suggestions:
    4 games at minimum >time driving is just as important as time maintaining and 4 games is enough to have people come hang and play. 1 or 2 is not worht the trip for many people
    Close to home/work >you will be at the location at least 2hr each week just to clean and do general maintainence. Closer makes it easier
    Do it with a buddy > easier to troubleshoot with a friend. Split the work, split the costs of a new game, etc...
    LLC and insurance > this is a must for protection of you and your family. Cut on this and you are gambling.
    Host a tournament > this is fun and where you will meet new friends and your community of regular players. Get the bar to toss in a free pitcher or drinks to make it fun. Open to all and make it casual. Competition can be fun and a community thing. This is the best part of each month of operating for me.
    Full tear down of every game that goes out on route! >> rebuild all mechs, fresh flips, LEDs, silicone titan rubber. You want games to gereate as little heat as possible, stay clean as best they can, and be easy to maintain. Working on pins at home is fun. Working on them in a dimmly lit bar without all your tools at the ready is my least favorite thing about this.
    Set up a website and have an EASY way for people to tell you about problems. If you dont know there are issues you can not fix them!
    Buy a new game when you can. They will have just as many issues as the old ones but new games are fun. Your players will be thankful and you get the fun of opening a new game even if it really belongs to the business.
    Clean games weekly. Games get dirty. Dirty = broken and jammed crap. Weekly cleanings help knock down the dust and get it out of the games.
    Try to get a better split with the bar. It is unlikely to happen but you have to ask! Reality is that maintaining games is very expensive on route so you should try to explain the value to the bar in added beer sales.
    Don't be afraid to talk witht he arcade and other vending operators in town. We have found that many do not have the time/interest to do pinball and are happy to have pinball in the same place they have pool/darts/vids. Be respectful and only do pinball. It can be a mutual relationship.

I don't have the energy to read all that, let alone actually do any of it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-put-your-collection-on-location-to-make-money?tu=Atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.