Would you put down a deposit on Pinball Circus??

(Topic ID: 126377)

Would you put down a deposit on Pinball Circus??

By dgpinball

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ek77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you put down a small non-refundable deposit on Pinball Circus?”

• Absolutely - Small Risk, Great Reward! 9 votes
    10%
  • Probably - But Need to Know the Price First 12 votes
    14%
  • Doubt It - At Least Until a Lot More Details are Known 9 votes
    10%
  • Not a Chance - No More Preorders!! 56 votes
    65%

(86 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

If right now you could secure a spot for a Pinball circus by putting down a small deposit, say $250, non-refundable, but no further money due until your game actually starts to be made, would you do it??

#2 3 years ago

No

I'd like to one day play this game, but not own it

#3 3 years ago

Nope. There is too much unknown here. Play, programmers, ability to mass produce, cost, etc...
Once a full game is created, a cost is known, and ability to produce is verified, maybe there is a chance, but not until.

#4 3 years ago

Nope

#5 3 years ago

Not even $1.

#6 3 years ago

NO NO NO game gets boring fast, only good for play once a year in Vegas plus prepay for something that will surely never be made would be crazy. I wouldn't even put a deposit down with your money dg.

#7 3 years ago

They said it wasn't necessary,why ask?

#8 3 years ago

He's bored and wants to troll.

#10 3 years ago

Your missing another option on your poll. Something like, No interest in this machine.
I did see it at Allentown. Neat concept, but huge wide arcade type of cabinet. I didn't care for it.

#11 3 years ago

Nope.

#12 3 years ago

I'd probably buy one if/when they were made, but I wouldn't pre-order one. Not even a deposit.

#13 3 years ago

Yes I would

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

plus prepay for something that will surely never be made would be crazy.

So I'm confused then. Why are there any Pinball Circus threads to begin with then other than reminiscing about the prototype? Clearly in your post you state that the game will never be made. If you have info I'm sure all interested parties would be extremely grateful if you would share. I was all excited to possibly get this game but it seems as though you are ahead of the rest of us on Pinside.

#16 3 years ago

Played it at Allentown... Interesting, but I got the impression that a lot of tweaking needs to be done before that game is ready for market.

It's not one that I would personally be interested in owning, but if they get it working smoothly, it will be interesting to play.

#17 3 years ago

The game would be perfect as a redemption game. I know that word "redemption" makes pinball fans cringe, but I think it'd kick ass in the lobby of various restaurants, theaters, Dave and Busters, etc. Assuming maintenance isn't a nightmare, it seems like it could do very well on a route ... I don't think I lasted more than a minute playing (my wife gets frustrated with that all of the time ... I'm pathetic) yet I wanted to play more .

I'm also making an assumption that they can hit a $6K price point. $8K would be a very high end and it'd have to be even more amazing .

As for preorders, they aren't asking for anything ... I, personally, have no interest in buying one since it'd get quite boring at home. If I had a high traffic area on a route, I'd be interested.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

He's bored and wants to troll.

Not trolling at all, was just curious to see what people where thinking about this project, and putting your money where your mouth is is usually a good barometer.

I see it as a very interesting novelty, something that I could see myself owning, but like TMC said, if it has no play value, then there is no point no matter how unique it may be.

I'm thinking in hindsight it is maybe too early for this question, it is right now such a shot in the dark, but it will be interesting when the game reaches the complete prototype stage to see how feelings change.

#19 3 years ago

You asked our opinion on something. I don't think that's trolling.

I saw the unit at Allentown too. Wasn't too impressed. I agree, it looks like a oversized arcade game cabinet or vending game from the outside.
Maybe with the right topic on the inside, but it didn't float my boat.

#20 3 years ago

Way too early to judge this game, not even a complete whitewood yet, then comes art and Python's new rules. It will be different (read much better) than the one at the PHOF. I think it's going to be awesome.

#21 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and checked out the project at Allentown. We know it's risky to show off such an early prototype, but we enjoy every minute of it and pay attention to what feedback we get.

Just to be clear, we have stated previously and continue to state that we will not be taking preorders.

We believe that this project is our risk to take, not the customers, and will continue down that path. That is why we bring all sorts of other items to shows to sell as proceeds from selling those helps fund the project.

We had an crazy amount of people want to give us money while at Allentown, even one guy saying he'd buy 10 games, but we will not take anyones money until we have games to sell.

Paul

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and checked out the project at Allentown. We know it's risky to show off such an early prototype, but we enjoy every minute of it and pay attention to what feedback we get.
Just to be clear, we have stated previously and continue to state that we will not be taking preorders.
We believe that this project is our risk to take, not the customers, and will continue down that path. That is why we bring all sorts of other items to shows to sell as proceeds from selling those helps fund the project.
We had an crazy amount of people want to give us money while at Allentown, even one guy saying he'd buy 10 games, but we will not take anyones money until we have games to sell.
Paul

Awesome to hear...that's the best thing a vendor has said in a LONG time!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Paul

Hi Paul,
Please don't feel I am slamming your machine. Its a very neat concept. Defiantly takes pinball to a different level. Maybe it was just the Circus topic that I didn't care for. Who knows, but I certainly wouldn't want to discourage new innovations.
I also love the fact your willing to move forward with your own funds. I commend that and in the long run when your ready to go to market, people will respect you for that too!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Hi Paul,
Please don't feel I am slamming your machine.

We don't feel that way at all. All feedback is welcomed with open arms. Believe me, after spending so much time with Python, we have pretty thick skin.

This first game from our team is to fullfill the promise we made to Python Anghelo to finish his game.

We have several other ideas for future games after Circus is done. Some are in this same style cabinet, some are traditional pinball cabinets.

In reality, we'd love to see as many Python's Pinball Circus's made to honor Python, but we consider our promise kept as soon as we finish the 12 sample games. Any production games after that are just icing on the cake for his legacy.

Paul

#25 3 years ago

No, played it in Allentown.
Seems very cool - love the concept, but at this point games are really short and difficult.
I am just commenting on the bare unfinished machine I tried.
Never played the original.

Not saying I won't buy it, but I would need to see more of a finished product before i committed.

#26 3 years ago

no.

Your question is laughable.

They stated no pre-orders.

If pre-orders were taken, then a paradox would form.

If pre-order money was needed,
then they would not be keeping to their original commitment.

If the original commitment was not being met,
what is to say the next commitment (completion, and delivery) would be met.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Paul

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
$ 25.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 149.00
$ 63.00
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 208.87
$ 29.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside