IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xeneize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

John - sent you a PM...sign me up for Seawitch!

3 months later
#72 10 years ago

Payment sent for a Seawitch playfield, thanks for taking on this project!

2 months later
#94 10 years ago

John, thanks for the regular updates. While disappointed by the delays, it is totally understandable. No rush on my part, let's get the clear coatt RIGHT! I am very excited about the prospects of finally being able to replace my Seawitch playfield. Look forward to receiving it 1st Qtr of 2014. - James

5 months later
#189 9 years ago

Email sent! I preordered Seawitch, but after seeing the work done on Stargazer I may splurge on the playfield before I have the machine in hand... John, thanks for your hard work and dedication!

10 months later
#528 9 years ago

John, my payment for Seawitch was sent on August 29, 2013! Hope you're well now and things can continue to move forward!

3 months later
#684 8 years ago

Mof - I have thought the same thing many times...what would also be cool would possibly be the title in green along the sides, just to give it some kind of character. I love the title, but the cabinet art is just...weak. I might try airbrushing white crests before I do the full cabinet restore.

11 months later
#806 7 years ago

John, is there any possibility that you could simply run Sorcerer decks using the same production process that is employed for Stargazer & Seawitch?

I would much rather pay you for a freshly printed Sorcerer deck than crossing my fingers and hoping for it to hit the CPR queue or install an overlay.

2 months later
#827 7 years ago

I know where that Sorcerer is headed!

1 month later
#850 7 years ago

Thanks for the update, John...can't wait for Seawitch!

2 months later
#887 7 years ago

Thanks for the update on SeaWitch, John...Happy New Year!

2 months later
#918 7 years ago

x7

#923 7 years ago

Paid for mine in 2013...

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

.Have you had any contact with him?

Yes, on many occasions.

And, I will add, everything I have ever received from John was top notch. While this project has taken longer than expected/hoped, there has never been a doubt that it would be delivered and exceed expectations.

SeaWitch is a fast game now, I cannot wait to see it scream with a new playfield installed!

6 months later
#1017 6 years ago

How does cleared versus uncleared SeaWitch pricing work for us who prepaid, John?

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

& looks like it's about 50% less clear.

What does this mean? That the clear is not as thick? That it's foggy?

Thanks for clarifying. Hoping that we see these materialize soon.

#1025 6 years ago

John, I have been prepaid on this project since 2013, so I am patient enough to wait for the best possible option. Personally, I would prefer to receive a cleared field from you.

Can your contractor confirm that laying Omni/PPG on top of his product will adhere and that there will not be any cloudiness issues? I get concerned about laying one product on top of another one that is different. I typically reclear all of my CPR decks myself, but this new process is an unkown to me.

Are the playfields going to Ron cleared or uncleared?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but after waiting such a long time, want to make sure I make the best decision.

Thanks!

1 week later
#1040 6 years ago

That's a thing of beauty, John! Thanks for your resolve and regular updates!

1 month later
#1135 6 years ago

The prepaid guys who have been waiting years will see theirs go out first.

YES! Thank you, greatwichjohn

3 months later
#1202 6 years ago

John, my payment for Seawitch was sent on August 29, 2013. Hope your health improves and that we can finally see this project cross the finish line.

2 weeks later
#1215 6 years ago

greatwichjohn SUPER excited to see that we are getting close to production!

1 month later
#1230 5 years ago

I am still in for SeaWitch.

3 months later
#1326 5 years ago

greatwichjohn Don't do it! Your glasses are far superior and worth the extra cost!

Fingers crossed that the SeaWitch tests come back clean and ready for production!

1 week later
#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

payment for Seawitch was sent on August 29, 2013

Still in and looking forward to the day I can start my restore.

2 months later
#1404 5 years ago

j_m_ That would be nice...

greatwichjohn even if it were only distributed via PM...

1 week later
#1408 5 years ago

greatwichjohn , my payment for Seawitch was sent on August 29, 2013.

In my case, it is more important that rather than getting one "first", I receive one of the "firsts". I hope that those waiting the longest will receive the nicest fields produced.

2 months later
#1501 5 years ago

greatwichjohn

Below you'll find evidence of our email string, the invoice, and subsequent payment for that invoice dated August 29, 2013. Hoping to receive one of the very best playfields in the run as I have been looking forward to this deck for a LONG time. Thanks for hanging in there and seeing the project to completion - despite many setbacks!

1-22-2019 10-24-22 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-24-22 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-27-45 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-27-45 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-28-44 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-28-44 AM (resized).png
7 months later
#1681 4 years ago

greatwichjohn John, I am am a prepaid guy from 2013. I am willing to wait for a production field with correct yellow arrows.

Are you willing to ship it w/o clear straight to someone like Kruzman so that he can clear it from the art up?

That might save you some frustration and me some additional waiting.

We can talk further via PM.

3 months later
#1767 4 years ago

IMG_0003 - THAT's what I'm talking about!

1 month later
#1790 4 years ago

These are going out to customers doing or contracting out finish clear coats.

John, do the recipients already know whom they are?

(fingers crossed)

4 weeks later
#1809 4 years ago

greatwichjohn Excited to see that there are finally SeaWitch fields with yellow arrow inserts! I will take one WITHOUT clear (it should ship straight to kruzman ) as soon as it is ready to go. Prepaid since August 29, 2013.

3 weeks later
#1866 4 years ago

kruzman

Ron, email sent.

1 year later
#2428 2 years ago

Who is the new company and how do we make contact?

10 months later
#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Question to all the violet-version JGW Seawitch PF owners...

As an owner of one of these playfields (who waited 6 1/2 years before receiving it) this post absolutely sickens me.

#2511 1 year ago

cottonm4 I haven't started my SeaWitch restore, but appreciate the light that you have cast on the production issues as I will most certainly be referring back to those posts when I commence that project.

My earlier post was rooted in the fact that we waited so long for these playfields only to have color issues and CNC errors requiring (what some would consider "significant") adjustments - the flipper return area CNC problems are most egregious. If there is ANY area where you need correct cuts it is around the flippers.

I actually took my field before John cleared it just to have the field in-hand and to avoid another opportunity for delays/mistakes. That was 6.5 years after making payment. My field went to kruzman for clear coating - who, as always did a phenomenal job.

I DO have experience with Mirco - and yeah, his registration issues alone will drive you mad, but you take what you can get if you are serious about restoring a game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xeneize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield?tu=xeneize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.