IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2055 3 years ago

I got a backglass and it is really nice!

20200818_190323 (resized).jpg20200818_190323 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#2138 3 years ago

I am hoping to get a seawitch playfield once you get through the preorders.

1 month later
#2194 3 years ago

Will you have any of the Seawitch pf's for sale once you fulfill the wait list? My pf isn't too bad, but a new one would be nice.

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Maybe you should mind your own business.

In that case, you should have started off in a PM and not posted publicly.

1 year later
#2532 1 year ago

I need one of these. When is the next run?

2 months later
#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

So... What is going on with the latest on Stargazer is that I had to cut more wood. I finished all the stock that I had bought from John and I had to cut more. Some of that wood is cut, and in fact there were adjustments and improvements made to the CNC cut file based on customer feedback.
The next step in the process is to install the inserts. I installed inserts until I ran out, and then I ordered more. That is a long and slow process, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. IF all goes well, I will have enough inserts for a batch of 50 more SG playfields.
From the stock of inserts that I bought from John, I had enough to populate 6 SG playfields. I did that, and brought them to a company with a drum sander. Sadly, the company was a bit too aggressive with the sanding and the result is some areas of burn through on the top layer of plywood. To account for that, I am clearcoating the playfields prior to printing. This results in a perfectly flat whitewood and is very good for printing. I will have these 6 playfields printed in a few weeks, and they will go back to clearcoat.
Meanwhile, I also cut the first Big Game playfield. This is the prototype and, sadly, was one of the playfields that was oversanded. That one too is being clearcoated prior to printing, and will be printed the same time as the batch of SG.
When the inserts arrive, I will populate more playfields and will carry on with production. While I was waiting for parts, I did a few small run projects including the League Of Legends playfield, which can be seen in other posts. I also did a few backglasses. The League of Legends was a good test platform for the new CNC equipment, and the results on that playfield are quite encouraging.
I know I haven't posted much about what I'm up to. The truth is that it is hard to trust people. As you may have seen, CPR released their Seawitch playfield on the same day that I released mine. That was not a coincidence. Not only do they read these posts, but they also get reports from mutual friends. As a result, I have to talk less about my activities. I know that sucks for the news hungry crowd, but I have to protect the business investment. I have not been able to sell a single Seawitch playfield since they flooded the market with inferior product. I would probably do better with a slick web page, but I have not been able to produce that on my own, and quotes to have it built for me have been cost prohibitive.
Well, that's the news. Photos added for your entertainment.
Fantastic!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have SeaWitch playfields currently available?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.