IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 10 years ago

Payment sent. Can't wait to get one of these in my Star Gazer...

2 months later
#207 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

You can see the laser cutter for cutting future plastics

Future Star Gazer/Seawitch plastics???

#213 9 years ago

How are you handling your star rollover inserts on Star Gazer with regards to clearcoating? I'm working on a CPR Bally Silverball Mania that the star rollover inserts are extremely clogged with clearcoat. I spent about a day gently filing, cutting, scraping away the clearcoat to get the white stars to work smoothly. Are we going to have this same issue on SG?

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I am afraid to look at the rollovers on my CPR Strikes and Spares as there are TEN of them right in the center of the playfield.

Just cleaning clearcoat out two star rollovers was enough to make me want to scream. I can't even imagine TEN!

Even though they may look fine, the rollovers have to be completely free of clearcoat inside the fins and inside the round receiver the star shaft slides through. It's a royal PITA. If you are not VERY careful and snap off a pointy fin on the insert, you are screwed!

2 months later
#239 9 years ago

Looking good, John! Can't wait to get this playfield into my game!

1 month later
#254 9 years ago

Any updates on these SG playfields? Have the test prints been done yet? Looking forward to some pictures of the progress.

3 months later
#355 9 years ago

Looks great John! Question. Is there supposed to be white layed down under the slings or is that done later?

3 weeks later
#418 9 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I will do mine myself! You don't have to do this...

Agreed. I'll do my own as well. You've got better things to do than spend 2 hours on each pf.

BTW, I don't use an Exacto knife for the reason if it slips you get a scratch. I use a very small thin file. It's definitely not fast; but it's not sharp either.

#439 9 years ago

I did a Silverball Mania that has two star rollovers. I stood the pf on edge and used a very fine, thin, small file. I went both directions to clear the clearcoat off the edges of the star insert. I would pop the star in every once in a while to make sure it never hung up an any edge.

The biggest thing you need to be VERY careful with is getting clear out of the center of the insert where the star shaft goes through. If John has cleared these with a star in place that should (hopefully) alleviate that. You don't want to break off a tab on that insert.

2 weeks later
#507 9 years ago

I'm much later. Sent payment March 24th, 2014. Didn't realize this list goes back 2 years!

2 weeks later
#551 9 years ago

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with #13...

2 weeks later
#587 9 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Does anyone have a set of plastics for sale for Stargazer? I saw that there were repros made a year ago ... are any of these still around?

Probably everyone that's getting playfields are going to want new plastics and new pop bumper caps. Both of which are not available.

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I'm curious what those about to use their new Star Gazer playfield think about putting down mylar rings around the pop bumpers. Opinions?

I'm putting them down. I did on my Fast Draw as well. I got the adhesive ones from PBL and you can barely even see them after installed.

10 months later
#766 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I didn't think they did either. I have a repro set that a Pinsider or RGP member made, very low production, but CPR had been around awhile before I started paying attention so I didn't say anything thinking I might have missed them.

Joseph Johnson made those plastic sets as a one off years ago. He keeps contemplating making more, but nothing so far. We have playfields, backglasses, posts and stencil kits. We just need plastics and correct pop bumper caps.

6 months later
#834 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

thanks for the update john. any word on those last 7 stargazer playfields?

#838 7 years ago

Just an FYI to anyone getting playfields from John. The star rollovers for the playfield are punched through and held in the inner cardboard liner. I didn't discover this until about 6 months after getting mine.

2 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.