IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 52.
#2401 2 years ago

This list is the same as the last update, and I feel with this 'color adjustment' being done the list is not going to be changing for quite a while. So if anyone wants to further update the list if it changes, go ahead, since I won't be following this thread anymore. Good Luck to John and all involved.
MM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Unofficial Seawitch pf list as of date/time of most recent post...
The list is to help John get Seawitch playfields FIRST to those pre-paids who 'kickstarted' this project over several years.
At the time of posting all of the pre-paids listed below have either been in contact with John or are actively posting in the thread.
John will offer finished pfs to the pre-paids first, then to 'want-to-buy' peeps.
To contact John either pm him or in the day by phone at 902-402-7188 (Canada)
Please POST IN THIS THREAD when you have received a pf and your name will be removed from the list.

----------------------------------------------------------

Updated Unofficial Seawitch List

Prepaid List + Date Paid
1. Tweaver April 23 or 24, 2013
2. Dazza88 December 13, 2013
3. Jrobinso99 April 4, 2014
4. Evets August 3, 2014
5. Raptor December 13, 2014 (per email exchange with Raptor and John G)
6. PACMAN February 1, 2015
7. solidstate February 3, 2015
8. j_m_ February 9, 2015

“Want to Buy” List
Talon2000 (see post 29; 6 years ago?)
bluespin (see post 905, 3 years ago)
RazerX (May 26, 2017)
paddlepaw (July 3, 2018; see post 1433)
tdiddy (post 1009, supersedes post 863?; 2 years ago)
truemagoo102 (took Yfz450's PM spot from 2 years ago, not sure where to place within the 2018 group)
Chalkey (PM 2 years ago, not sure where to place within the 2018 group)
Tommy42 (see post 1248)
Madmax541 (see post 1432, 1 year ago)

#2403 2 years ago

Miracleman thanks for posting

#2404 2 years ago

Not a peep in this thread about it? *sigh*

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Not a peep in this thread about it? *sigh*

What do you want to peep about? Speak up.

#2406 2 years ago

What I meant was I feel like John could have mentioned that he was shutting down and needed to be contacted by people YET AGAIN in this thread instead of posting a new random one.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What I meant was I feel like John could have mentioned that he was shutting down and needed to be contacted by people YET AGAIN in this thread instead of posting a new random one.

In John’s defense, making extremely high quality products tends to be difficult when balancing profitability.
He could just churn them out like Mirco or CPR and not even bother spell checking and claim it’s worth a grand.
Instead, John has integrity and the highest quality around.

#2408 2 years ago

$500 or $600 for a repro playfield?! Cheap! Doesn't everyone else charge about $1,000? Were BGes underpriced too?

I think it would be real nice if everyone that got one would top up to $1,000 or whatever you want. You know it's worth it.

No Gofundme needed, just send via paypal, his email [email protected] is registered.

#2409 2 years ago

Request please John . Per bankruptcy separate topic assumption things will at least hit pause button . Can you post artwork pantone reference numbers for both lighter and ( to be released ) revised darker playfields ? Someday down road touch up work likely .

Hope finishing up loose ends not too difficult .

Shane

#2410 2 years ago

Things are going on with my pinball business. Just not with me. I am under a NDA, so I have requested people still owed a prepaid Seawitch to remain silent! All I can say is it is fair closure of the last 14 years doing pinball production, & a big part was to make the last few remaining Seawitch playfield people whole (get their playfield this year). New color corrections hopefully that a few can live with. I am not a color guy, never had the talent to perceive purple which seems to be a issue to some. All my vendors will not be owed any money which is a big thing along with my desire to make the last few prepaid guys whole after 8 years. A very positive closure for me, before I soon go through personal bankruptcy later this month.

#2411 2 years ago

Thank you John for all your outstanding work, my Star Gazer playfield and backglass are stunning. In light of your announcement, will your Big Game PF be a thing still?

#2412 2 years ago

So the deal is I am not allowed to do anything I have previously done in the past. I will move forward with more playfields if finished art comes my way. The guy locally doing Big Game was told he is a free agent to do as he wishes. So if another party has a better deal the best to him. The guy working on Firepower 2 has been very slow & may not finish the art corrections (PPS has me down on the list if the art is finished). Rick @ PPS has nothing ready for me so that might be it. So my best guess is maybe Big Game or Firepower 2, or maybe a new finished art project. We will see later this year, & likely I will have to partner with a investor(s).

#2413 2 years ago

If anyone is selling any of John’s previous Seawitch playfields let me know. Bummed, I shoulda bought one from the last run after all

#2414 2 years ago

Same here. I hemmed and hawed too long on those last discounted ones. Grass is always greener...Oh well.

#2415 2 years ago

I would think that there will be discounted ones later this year. 32 Seawitch & 16 Star Gazer almost ready for printing. A team working instead of myself alone. So there is likely good things to follow!

#2416 2 years ago

Ok, so no seawitch for those that have been on the wait list for years? Correct?

#2417 2 years ago

No there are 32 Seawitch playfields almost ready along with 16 Star Gazer for the printer (final fix for any weep holes around lenses & sealing the wood for printing). The new group will be working on these & what ever projects they have on the go. I am not allowed to do any past playfields or glass in the deal. So both playfields will have color or any further improvements done to these & likely many more for years. I am under a NDA, so they will break the news when they want. Everything is a positive closure for me, & the remaining Seawitch prepaid guys to be made whole with a new color corrected one out of the 32 in production this year.

#2418 2 years ago

All my previous pinball production is with the new owners. All playfields in production, plastic lense stock, cardboard packing stock, & tempered glass stock left on the truck late Tuesday. I thank all my past customers that saw a long trip (over 8 years) of around 100 Star Gazer, & about 40 Seawitch playfields go out. Along with my glass production which many others offer now.

The last remaining guys waiting on there Seawitch playfield. Will receive the improved color corrected one later this year by the new owners (part of the sales agreement). I personal thank them for helping me to get closure before personal bankruptcy. My goal was to get all the remaining guys made whole myself, but the money was not there. All my vendors will have been paid off, just got a little bill from UPS to pay & its done for me & Great Pinball.

The agreement allows me in the future to do new pinball projects. But I will be just part of a team, since I have no money left.

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

All my previous pinball production is with the new owners. All playfields in production, plastic lense stock, cardboard packing stock, & tempered glass stock left on the truck late Tuesday. I thank all my past customers that saw a long trip (over 8 years) of around 100 Star Gazer, & about 40 Seawitch playfields go out. Along with my glass production which many others offer now.
The last remaining guys waiting on there Seawitch playfield. Will receive the improved color corrected one later this year by the new owners (part of the sales agreement). I personal thank them for helping me to get closure before personal bankruptcy. My goal was to get all the remaining guys made whole myself, but the money was not there. All my vendors will have been paid off, just got a little bill from UPS to pay & its done for me & Great Pinball.
The agreement allows me in the future to do new pinball projects. But I will be just part of a team, since I have no money left.

There are lot of guys who, if dealing with you you are currently, would just throw their hands up and walk and to hell with the early pre-paids. That you are doing what you can to see them made whole speaks volumes about the character of a man.

I know you have taken heat in the past because of the wait times. I think it is amazing that one man, a one-man operation could accomplish what you achieved.

1) You have to buy the glass and find a printer.

2) Arrange for the play field blanks to be produced.

3) Procure custom designed shipping boxes.

4) All play field preparation.

5) Find the money to even do this in the first place.

6) And all the other BS that comes with running a business. And you basically did this a 2nd job. I do not have the knowledge to even come close to what you have done here.

It is quite an accomplishment. You can stand proud.

2 months later
#2420 2 years ago

I agree John has done a lot for this hobby. This game was a total junk pile but looks and plays new again thanks to him.

20210912_164021 (resized).jpg20210912_164021 (resized).jpg
#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

I agree John has done a lot for this hobby. This game was a total junk pile but looks and plays new again thanks to him.[quoted image]

Me too. My Witch went from a turd to a 10 thanks to John.

20210805_060405 (resized).jpg20210805_060405 (resized).jpg
#2422 2 years ago

The new group has been printing & testing the color corrections plus anything else they have to improve the Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields. They are going through final printing of playfields I believe in small numbers. Currently they are looking for a good finish clear coat contractor. They will have a official announcement when they have a decent stock of playfields to sell this Fall 2021.

#2423 2 years ago

I had reached out at some point, asking about these. Do we have a supply now? My Seawitch could use one. thanks

#2424 2 years ago

Like I have said they continue on with production of both playfields. I was working on both & there were ample playfields with lenses epoxied in. Same group that looked into correcting the blue, & use to vectorising the art. People should see playfields available this Fall 2021. Thanks to all my previous customers over all the years! Ron K received a couple of inked only Star Gazer playfields before I closed down. If you need one now I would reach out to him for the best cleared playfields in the world.

#2425 2 years ago

Like I have said they continue on with production of both playfields. I was working on both & there were ample playfields with lenses epoxied in. Same group that looked into correcting the blue, & use to vectorising the art. People should see playfields available this Fall 2021. Thanks to all my previous customers over all the years! Ron K received a couple of inked only Star Gazer playfields before I closed down. If you need one now I would reach out to him for the best cleared playfields in the world.

Thank you for doing these, I hope to buy one when there are ready.

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Thank you for doing these, I hope to buy one when there are ready.

Same. I have some Star Gazer parts and a donor game waiting.

#2427 2 years ago

John I and others were waiting for Seawitch and Star Gazer playfields. I’m sure that all of the prepaid guys have been taken care of, but the rest of us have been waiting a long time. Will the new company give the people that have been waiting for playfields first pick?

#2428 2 years ago

Who is the new company and how do we make contact?

#2429 2 years ago

"I’m sure that all of the prepaid guys have been taken care of, but the rest of us have been waiting a long time."

I'm prepaid and I have yet to be taken care of. John did offer me a PF with a small defect but I opted to wait for the next batch and a closer to perfect PF, not realizing that bankruptcy was eminent. I believe there is at least one other prepaid person still waiting for a PF. That said, I am interested in the answer to your question and whether or not I need to be proactive in my communication with the new company. John did collect my info and reportedly forwarded it to the new company. I don't recall mention of forwarding the names of those waiting a long time also being forwarded.

#2430 2 years ago

Hope this info is released soon. Would really like a Seawitch pf.

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Who is the new company and how do we make contact?

Could be... Stern has wanted to paint and clear playfields in house for years and supposedly has an area just to do just that in the works / already done?
Mirco needs a USA point of sale / manufacturing spot to reduce costs.
Company that makes Spooky playfields wishing to expand its catalog.

All speculation.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Could be... Stern has wanted to paint and clear playfields in house for years and supposedly has an area just to do just that in the works / already done?
Mirco needs a USA point of sale / manufacturing spot to reduce costs.
Company that makes Spooky playfields wishing to expand its catalog.
All speculation.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

#2433 2 years ago

I would like new Playfield for Star Gazer mine is the Hairy Knee Version with some insert cupping

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

supposedly has an area just to do just that in the works / already done?

Stern cuts and does the first layer of clear over the blank wood playfield in house. They they use one of any of their few different 3rd party vendors to apply art and final clearcoat.

#2435 2 years ago

I was in contact with one of the owners of the group that bought me out last night. Still under a gentlemans NDA, & they will go public when they are ready. They are in the process of still doing testing on some playfields. Sort out a bunch of problems that a new upstart has with doing playfields. My best guess is that playfields start to get finished this Fall, likely the end of October. There are many playfields that went with the sale, so there will be no shortage of these or more to fill any demand.

#2436 2 years ago

Just tell me it's Not Mirco making the new PF's

#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

BWAHHAAAHAA!

#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Just tell me it's Not Mirco making the new PF's

I share the same sentiment. However, I don't think Mirco would qualify as an "upstart".

#2439 2 years ago

No it definitely is not Mirco or CPR.

#2440 2 years ago

Hey John
I asked.what pantone reference the final adjusted Stargazer blue would be . You said would post after printer ran last run .

What did they use ?

Thanks Shane

#2441 2 years ago

The new group has been doing many test prints. Some corrections to what I did previously. I am still under a NDA, so I am limited to posting (got to watch out not disclose a bunch of stuff) but NO Pictures! They would like to have my prepaid guys that are left get playfields first. I would prefer the guys wait to be sure there are no problems. But if you want early ones you can let me know (prepaid Seawitch guys).
Any questions about colors, corrections, & anything else to do with the playfields & backglass production. You will have to wait until the new group makes a public announcement.

#2442 2 years ago

They would like to have my prepaid guys that are left get playfields first.

Great news. Thanks for looking out for us, John (and new company). Much appreciated.

#2443 2 years ago

I hope those last 8 pre-paids from 6-8 years ago are made whole and get a pf first. Please post here when you do.
-------------------------------------

Prepaid List + Date Paid
4. Evets August 3, 2014
8. j_m_ February 9, 2015

#2444 2 years ago

Can you add me to the end of the list as john was supposed to send me a replacement for the playfield I got but didn't so I'm sort of prepaid?

#2445 2 years ago

I would be interested in a color corrected version as the purple is definitely off from the original color on the one I have received. If I can get on a list that would be great.

#2446 2 years ago

I just cut/pasted the people who paid and waited 5-7 years and got nothing.
I have no connection to John or the new owners, but I would guess other than those 8 paid/unfilled orders they are not gonna be up for swapping out pfs. If anyone bought and received a pf of any quality from John before he sold the 'business' that deal is likely.....

done2 (resized).jpgdone2 (resized).jpg
#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I hope those last 8 pre-paids from 6-8 years ago are made whole and get a pf first. Please post here when you do.
-------------------------------------
Prepaid List + Date Paid
4. Evets August 3, 2014
8. j_m_ February 9, 2015

#6 Pacman sold a Star Gazer around 7 months ago. And disappeared. Last seen on March 23 2021.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pacman/forum

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I just cut/pasted the people who paid and waited 5-7 years and got nothing.
I have no connection to John or the new owners, but I would guess other than those 8 paid/unfilled orders they are not gonna be up for swapping out pfs. If anyone bought and received a pf of any quality from John before he sold the 'business' that deal is likely.....[quoted image]

Agreed. I have one that is the purple shade. I figure this is the one I will live with unless I want spend more money with the new guys .

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Can you add me to the end of the list as john was supposed to send me a replacement for the playfield I got but didn't so I'm sort of prepaid?

What was wrong with the play field you received?

1 week later
#2450 2 years ago

The Seawitch playfields colour corrected & likely other improvements are moving forward this month. The last few prepaid guys after over 8 years of me slowly getting around 200 playfields of Seawitch & Star Gazer cut & lenses installed. The new group is looking at doing 2 levels of finish clear coats, standard (likely what I have done), & a premium at more money. They will reach out to the prepaid guys to see if they want their prepaid or to upgrade their Seawitch. So I will be doing my list this week, contacting people from info I have. If you are prepaid & do not hear back in a week please contact me.

New customers looking for Seawitch or Star Gazer playfields the new group will come out with their news later this month.

There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.