Topic Stats

• 2,087 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,138 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4451 (resized).JPG
IMG_4450 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_4448 (resized).JPG
IMG_4447 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0001 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0001 (resized).JPG
20200818_190323 (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
20200702_183748 (resized).jpg

There are 2087 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.
#2051 37 days ago

I was sick Monday, might of been a bad beer. Nothing like having a buddy give you shit beer that been there forever cooking in the heat. I still should see the 4 playfields that were finished clear last week, & try to get some more ready for printing next week. Hope to test out the new Seawitch playfields for printing before the end of August.

1 week later
#2052 30 days ago

Any further updates John? When do you expect to have playfields available for those on the non prepaid list?

#2053 29 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Any further updates John? When do you expect to have playfields available for those on the non prepaid list?

+1

#2054 29 days ago

+2
Maybe the bad beer has knocked him around

#2055 28 days ago

I got a backglass and it is really nice!

20200818_190323 (resized).jpg
#2056 28 days ago

So the weather is starting to cool down. This week I have my right knee & hip bothering me. At my city job 6 days a week we lost 2 of the 4 workers. So the bulk of the work is on me, & I am doing other work besides City Public Pools which are now coming back on line (indoor). I will update on the weekend.

#2057 27 days ago

Hi, John,

If you've already shipped a PF or a refund to anyone on this list, please let us know so it can be updated. I suspect not everyone returns to the thread to announce the arrival of a PF, or a refund, whichever the case. A previous post (#2010), which references the list as shown in post 1984, suggests that you've completed the transactions with Tweaver and Dazza88. If that 's accurate, then the four PFs referenced in post 2049 go to 3-6, right? In any case, I'm happy to be nearing the front of the line, and thanks in advance for whatever light you can shed on the status of the list. Be well.

Updated Unofficial Seawitch List

Prepaid List
1. Tweaver April 23 or 24, 2013
2. Dazza88 December 13, 2013
3. Jrobinso99 April 4, 2014
4. sofaspud May 23, 2014
5. dothedoo May 28, 2014
6. gabegabegabe May 29, 2014
7. 85Txaggie May 31, 2014
8. Evets August 3, 2014
9. Raptor December 13, 2014 (per email exchange with Raptor and John G)
10. PACMAN February 1, 2015
11. BigMcLargeHuge February 5, 2015
12. j_m_ February 9, 2015
13. MattS April 23, 2015
14. RCP May 19, 2015

#2058 27 days ago
Quoted from Evets:

Hi, John,
If you've already shipped a PF or a refund to anyone on this list, please let us know so it can be updated. I suspect not everyone returns to the thread to announce the arrival of a PF, or a refund, whichever the case. A previous post (#2010), which references the list as shown in post 1984, suggests that you've completed the transactions with Tweaver and Dazza88. If that 's accurate, then the four PFs referenced in post 2049 go to 3-6, right? In any case, I'm happy to be nearing the front of the line, and thanks in advance for whatever light you can shed on the status of the list. Be well.
Prepaid List
4. sofaspud May 23, 2014
5. dothedoo May 28, 2014
8. Evets August 3, 2014
13. MattS April 23, 2015
14. RCP May 19, 2015

Afaik John is going by order of interest not prepay. When i asked to be added to the list John didn't want me to prepay.

#2059 27 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Afaik John is going by order of interest not prepay. When i asked to be added to the list John didn't want me to prepay.

I think you’re missing evets point. People who are prepaid are trying to find out how many people haven’t received playfields yet, so they can gauge how long they have to wait.

John is going by the order of prepaid playfields offering them really nice copies(firsts). Any copies with small defects (seconds) are offered up to anyone who wants them at a discount. After John takes care of all the prepaid guys, he’ll start offering the firsts to the preorder list people. As he has any seconds along the way they’ll be offered to whoever wants them.

#2060 24 days ago

officially autumn begins in less than a month and it's been 60+ days since the last 2 playfields were shipped out to any of us on the prepaid list. and while I will still continue to patiently wait for my playfield, I really don't have high hopes that I will see it this year. maybe 7 years waiting will be the charm

#2061 24 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

officially autumn begins in less than a month and it's been 60+ days since the last 2 playfields were shipped out to any of us on the prepaid list. and while I will still continue to patiently wait for my playfield, I really don't have high hopes that I will see it this year. maybe 7 years waiting will be the charm

"And woe to them that hesitate
I hear good things come to those that wait
Who ever told you that one lied
And time is never on our side..." - Steve Earl "Time is Never on Our Side".

#2062 23 days ago

Guys I am still alive & production will finally ramp up in September. This new shop is bigger but has no AC! I am now looking for another job within my City. Put in almost 25 years 6 days a week, but it is time to find another job with a regular 40 hour week. With Covid the work force has been reduced. The printing & clear coat was fine on the last 4 playfields. CPR is taking 700 classic stern yellow opaque arrows for what ever their needs in the future. 1 Seawitch left & 5 Star Gazer on thinner plywood. Next 20 Seawitch playfields are going through sanding & any repairs for weeping around lenses. 1 Seawitch had a weep hole missed on top bonus X. 1 Seawitch may be a replacement (long story), & 1 Seawitch has a funky shooter lane. Star Gazer was great! I will let people prepaid know soon whether 2 or 3 of these are available. Still sitting on the one with some lenses off.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#2063 18 days ago

Missed hopefully the last prepaid Star Gazer & Seawitch customer. So his 2 are going out now. Waiting to see about the other 2 Seawitch guys notified.

#2064 18 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Missed hopefully the last prepaid Star Gazer & Seawitch customer. So his 2 are going out now. Waiting to see about the other 2 Seawitch guys notified.

what does this mean??

I show that there are still over 10 prepaid people (including myself) that haven't received their playfields yet. I've never been notified by you

the last list posted by Evets just a week ago
Prepaid List
4. sofaspud May 23, 2014
5. dothedoo May 28, 2014
8. Evets August 3, 2014
13. MattS April 23, 2015
14. RCP May 19, 2015

#2065 17 days ago

The list is moving along for Seawitch. I continue to spend my time doing my 6 day a week job & playfields. The next 20 Seawitch should blow through remaining people. Those contacted still trying to figure out if they want to wait or receive playfield. I have to go to the shop for UPS.
The playfield with lenses off, very early cnc one is now $400 US shipped to USA if anyone is interested.

#2066 16 days ago

3 or more should be off the list. I should have about 10 in for printing before the end of the month. Last one is a discount one getting ready. All future Seawitch playfields are old stock custom playfield wood blanks.

#2067 14 days ago

I found out the tempered glass ordered almost 2 months ago never got done. The plant, 1 of 3 vendors used had their tempering line down. So another month or more from another one to do the orders missed from everyone assigned that plant. The remaining Star Gazer playfields & then some are spoken for. It will be the end of this year to get more done needed for this previous group or others. This Fall should see all 20 Seawitch playfields done & gone by xmas to take care of all the remaining prepaid guys & others wanting a discounted playfield with issues.
Pictures of discounted playfield that I believe is sold waiting on payment. Almost all lenses off for alignment mostly minor, major ones 10K green, right upper special, 2X, & 4X
All the 3 Seawitch are going, 2 on list & 1 problem one replacement.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG
#2068 14 days ago

It kind of sounds like the same headaches that Gene at IPB had making BBB.

#2069 13 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

It kind of sounds like the same headaches that Gene at IPB had making BBB.

That’s a stretch, If you’ve read the accounts of the guys who actually setup the whole IPB facility, Gene knew jack-shit and picked literally any warm body to work for him.
I mean he made pigs fly but he really always tried to cheap out and it bit him in the ass. Otherwise he probably would have been successful if he just accepted help and showers humility.

John seems to be chugging along, and appropriately dealing with the problems that undoubtably shows up. Silkscreening seemed to be more accurate but took up way too much time. This new printing method seems to work but obviously it’s not as precise as the way things used to be done.
I mean look at CPR, they’ve always got something going wrong it seems.

#2070 11 days ago

I was one of the pioneers years ago for direct ink - uv inkjet printing. Not me but the printers, & I never screened any art. Too much work, & not a good system for playfields on demand. Just getting back into full production when I can now that the weather is cooling down. So far 80+ Star Gazer, & 30+ Seawitch playfields done. Working on the next 20 Seawitch group, & about 5 Star Gazer (all spoken for).

#2071 10 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This new printing method seems to work but obviously it’s not as precise as the way things used to be done.

When John first posted the first print of his Seawitch I called him on the alignment around the pop bumpers holes. And now I see what is on the other side.

This is the Quicksilver play field I was going to have restored until the Quicksilver repro came to market.

Very little is lined up. Not precise at all. I think the precision chops went to Gottlieb.

The borders around the pops are way off.

IMG_4447 (resized).JPG

Also around the stand up target mounting holes.

Left side.

IMG_4448 (resized).JPG

Right side.

IMG_4449 (resized).JPG

The 4-place drop target has slid down low.

IMG_4450 (resized).JPG

The top inlanes are slid over to the right.

IMG_4451 (resized).JPG

But the lower inlane and outlanes on both sides line up left to right perfectly, but they are sitting a little low.

IMG_4455 (resized).JPG

This one of those deals where the operator did not care about the graphics as long as the pin was making money. And the casual player is not going to care. I did not notice these discrepancies until a couple days ago. I would not be a deal breaker if I was needing to restore this play field, but it would be disappointing.

#2072 10 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When John first posted the first print of his Seawitch I called him on the alignment around the pop bumpers holes. And now I see what is on the other side.
This is the Quicksilver play field I was going to have restored until the Quicksilver repro came to market.
Very little is lined up. Not precise at all. I think the precision chops went to Gottlieb.
The borders around the pops are way off.
[quoted image]
Also around the stand up target mounting holes.
Left side.
[quoted image]
Right side.
[quoted image]
The 4-place drop target has slid down low.
[quoted image]
The top inlanes are slid over to the right.
[quoted image]
But the lower inlane and outlanes on both sides line up left to right perfectly, but they are sitting a little low.
[quoted image]
This one of those deals where the operator did not care about the graphics as long as the pin was making money. And the casual player is not going to care. I did not notice these discrepancies until a couple days ago. I would not be a deal breaker if I was needing to restore this play field, but it would be disappointing.

Do you know why the pop bumper Mylar was removed?

#2073 10 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Do you know why the pop bumper Mylar was removed?

I removed it. I had some problems with the 1st one but got better on the other 2.. I had a play field restored and the restorer left them on; I can't say that I blame him. I asked about it and he said the mylar was compatible with polyurethane clear. And it has been except for a one inch chuck of clear that chipped away. I was able to touch it up, but would rather my clear be over no mylar; It is just a preference.

#2074 9 days ago

Pop bumpers seem pretty good now on Seawitch. All stuff finally got picked up by UPS today.

#2075 7 days ago

Received mine today so I'm off the list. Really nice - thanks John, looking forward to the install!

#2076 7 days ago

Not much got done over the summer with no AC at the shop & covid. My plan is to get the 20 Seawitch finished this fall. I have put in for a new position with the City as a cement finisher which is 5 days a week. Not the 6 days I have worked for 24 years now as a pool operator. The hours are better 8-4, not 1-9pm. This summer I barely got to the shop before my shift, & exhausted at the end of the day. I have had knee & hip pain this summer, since we lost a lot of co workers off or terminated due to cost reduction.

People on the prepaid list & those that have shown interest should finally get through the wait this Fall. All the remaining Star Gazer are spoken for, & I am still waiting almost 3 months for tempered glass blanks. The construction industry is flat out in over drive in Canada for new commercial buildings.

CPR has received 700 classic yellow arrows from the 1000+ I had to get specially made for Seawitch. So they now have those for what ever classic Stern game that uses them. People can figure out what playfields might be coming up later this year or next from them. Marco Specialties received 100 for people looking for a few. I have another 188 for more Seawitch (94) after this run. I still have not firmed up whether I try to order minimum lenses myself that are needed for both titles Star Gazer & Seawitch. Buy more with Marco Specialties getting stock (seems like few pinball parts companies want to stock lenses anymore). 3/4" trans blue & green, 1" trans blue are not available which I need about 1000+. There are a few others that are hard to source also.

So at the shop the 20 Seawitch on old stock game board, 1 other likely a B grade, & 5 Star Gazer. I will know at the end of this year whether I continue on as a small playfield producer for these 2 playfields. Or wind down the playfield & backglass hobby business as a one man show with contractors at the end of 2020. I know the contractors, suppliers, resellers, & UPS would like me to continue. But maybe it is time to let the big boys take over the market for these items.

Anyone on the prepaid list should finally get a playfield this Fall in this group. Should see them moving along now that the weather is cooling down, & hopefully I get a normal 5 day a week job. If not more refunds will be going out.
Finally I have been in this hobby working on hundreds of games over 22 years in my area & still do. Many techs & operators are long gone over the years here. I have been doing direct ink restorations on old playfields long before the big boys got into it. Took the shit over using uv inkjet technology over the traditional screening of each color. So 13 years ago I was one of the first & now almost 8 years to hopefully end getting the remaining Seawitch prepaid guys their playfield.

Lucky to still be alive at 56 & for the most part enjoying the pinball playing still on new & old games. I share the shop with the local big operator, & do his service work when needed. I still cringe at the stock of parts & cardboard boxes & materials needed to ship out these items.

Thanks to everyone who prepaid Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields & others who have bought one or more over the last 7+ years! Pinball playfield production is VERY HARD, & I have had my failures over 13 years.

#2077 7 days ago

You may have had some failures but you have also had much success and made a lot of pinheads very happy!

#2078 7 days ago

anyone done their PF swap yet?

#2080 7 days ago

Please please please finish the big list if folks who are not prepaid but want one! I'll even prepay if you want.

#2081 7 days ago

I'd take one of each if it's not too late to be put on the list. My PF's are OK but nice and new is always good.

I keep watching hoping to pick up one of the rejects as I can live with slight errors.

#2082 6 days ago

Good news today at my city job. Maybe my almost 25 years service has some seniority with the cement finisher job. So I do my Sunday pool operator job, & they I have me working a full week working with the crew. Give me a couple of weeks & hopefully a bunch of playfields get finished.

#2083 6 days ago

That's great news John, congratulations! Looking forward to the opportunity to purchasing a nice new Seawitch playfield from you. Hopefully your production increases to allow several playfields to be purchased and shipped to a few of us here in Australia that would like one of your playfields.

#2084 6 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

That's great news John, congratulations! Looking forward to the opportunity to purchasing a nice new Seawitch playfield from you. Hopefully your production increases to allow several playfields to be purchased and shipped to a few of us here in Australia that would like one of your playfields.

+1

#2085 4 days ago

Yes to Australia that got Star Gazers this year. So this Fall should see Seawitch from the next group of 21. Just getting ready for testing this week as a cement finisher for my City 8am-4pm, depot where I started 24 years ago. Only production playfields at the shop, all finished ones have new homes.

#2086 3 days ago

Thanks for the update, Sofaspud. Here's the complete list, with the update.

I suspect Prepaids 1-3 have been made whole, based on circumstantial evidence, but I do not know the truth of the matter. If so, I'm fourth in line, right? Inany case, congratulations on the city job.

Prepaid List
4. dothedoo May 28, 2014
5. gabegabegabe May 29, 2014
6. 85Txaggie May 31, 2014
7. Evets August 3, 2014
8. Raptor December 13, 2014 (per email exchange with Raptor and John G)
9. PACMAN February 1, 2015
10. BigMcLargeHuge February 5, 2015
11. j_m_ February 9, 2015
12. MattS April 23, 2015
13. RCP May 19, 2015

“Want to Buy” List, some parts in semi-educated order.
Lovef2K (April 7, 2014, see posts 1884, 2023)
Talon2000 (see post 29; 6 years ago?)
bluespin (see post 905, 3 years ago)
RazerX (May 26, 2017)
cottonm4 (see post 1013; first week of April, 2018)
paddlepaw (July 3, 2018; see post 1433)
tdiddy (post 1009, supersedes post 863?; 2 years ago)
Pinballer73 (see posts 937, 1882; 2 years ago)
Yfz450 (PM 2 years ago, not sure where to place within the 2018 group)
Chalkey (PM 2 years ago, not sure where to place within the 2018 group)
Tommy42 (see post 1248)
Madmax541 (see post 1432, 1 year ago)

Received PF List
kickabit September 4, 2013
BrianBannon April 23, 2013
DrJoe April 22, 2013
terrapinmark April 25, 2013
Razorsedge (test playfield, post 1977)
rstrunks May 9, 2013 (Received test playfield with white arrow. Post 1827))
xeneize August 29, 2013 (Uncleared PF sent to Kruzman. Posts 1809, 1866, 1867)
Whrildsoncestood (Received uncleared test PF with white arrows)
mof May 29, 2014
pinheadpierre March 2015 (Took an imperfect one to move ahead of others?)
ibuypinballs May 8, 2014
nocreditdot April 1, 2014
sofaspud May 23, 2014

Removed from list
Methos November, 2015 (removed after PM)

#2087 2 days ago
Quoted from Evets:

cottonm4 (see post 1013; first week of April, 2018)

No, I bought my Witch in March 2016. I made my request not long after. Waaay before 4-2018.

Actually, I was communicating with John via PM about a Seawitch play field but post 1013 is my 1st public response.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 2087 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside