IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

821 posts in this topic match your search for posts by greatwichjohn. You are on page 3 of 4.
#1595 4 years ago

As I wait on my contractors. The latest Star Gazer playfields are taking a lot more time. Inserts almost all need sanding to fit in the playfields. So I just finished the first one. Anyone with a email or pm to me looking for one will be $600 US + $50 US shipping, all new orders will be $700 Us + $50 US shipping.
As soon as the latest 20 Seawitch playfields get cut, I move on to them first!

#1596 4 years ago

Canada Day Holiday & my birthday 55 Monday. Got to the bar twice, lunch with my wife going on 30 years, & just from my local watering hole (double rum & coke for the price of a single X 3), & finishing up my night with cans of Canadian Beer!
Still went to the shop twice & worked on some Star Gazer. Now ready to glue lenses for 3 playfields, next 2 to sand lenses, & 11 to prep sand for lenses.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPG
#1597 4 years ago

3 of 5 Star Gazer have inserts epoxied. Final 2 Friday, then preparing more of the 16. Checked with the sign shop. Still looks like mid month to cut 20 Seawitch production run. They are getting new cutting bits. I will check with the printer for the bunch of tests waiting for printing.

#1598 4 years ago

Got a call from the printer late today. They printed a second Seawitch, & white layer is off. The bottom right special lense has been fixed. They want me there on Monday to see what is going on & advise, They want to push through the back log of playfields there, & get ready for more this year. The 5 star Gazer have inserts epoxied, & I start working on the other 11. I need to get more vinyl masking cut for rollovers. I use these to finish epoxy glueing the edge. More news hopefully on Monday after I visit the printer.

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG
#1603 4 years ago

Yes playfields have been slow, & I am sure Mirco & CPR are thinking more about the production on demand. All Star Gazers have been shipped a year or earlier (3 years ago) or except for 1 late purchase. Working on 2 at the printer & 16 more (see pictures). Seawitch was second in line & definitely taken way longer. The early guys will get a crack at the latest test playfields or next 20 getting ready to cut this month. There are a bunch of Seawitch tests with white arrows. The production run will get yellow arrows. I will be happy to produce only 2 Stern new classic playfields, Star Gazer & Seawitch into the future. I have 100 + blanks waiting after these playfields. I have a new clear coat contractor standing by for playfields. I have not taken any more full deposits in over 4 years, & the only guy waiting on his Star Gazer will get his choice of the 18 in production. With Mirco & CPR doing playfields I would say you will likely not see more people doing playfields because of the huge risks involved. Same as the hard tops & overlays.

For backglass in stock, Seawitch, Nineball, & Lightning. Tempered glass blanks at the printer for more titles.

#1604 4 years ago

So I got to the printer this morning. What happened is the second playfield for Seawitch was off, & they stopped printing. If they had contacted me they would have all Seawitch tests printed. A bunch of these tests will be off on some alignment of lenses. So I told them to print the rest of Seawitch. There are another 3 of 4 of the final tweaked cnc playfields. They removed the ink off the right bottom special lense. The second playfield was printed with no ink to the lense. I got to my other sign shop to cut masking for the rollovers & should be done this week. Next 3 Star Gazer ready for lenses.

#1606 4 years ago

The masking is ready, & hopefully the playfields get printed this week (Seawitch). When people see the bulk of the tests done, & see the 20 production cut. I think people will see the end of the long extended wait for Seawitch playfield prepaid guys. After these I switch to using old playfield blanks, about a hundred of them. So any new orders there will be a supply, & hopefully in the future ones ready for instant sale.

#1607 4 years ago

The masking is perfect for the rollovers. I have been doing only new playfield production for the last 3 years. There will never be direct ink restorations done to old playfields again by me! There is going to be a endless supply of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields later this year on the old stock pinball game board. These blanks were cut individually, & when this stock ends back to new plywood sheets.

#1608 4 years ago

All playfields are now printed & need to be picked up. The Seawitch tests & 2 Star Gazer. Post pictures of the playfields when they go to the shop. CNC bits are arriving this week, & cutting of 20 Seawitch production playfields is scheduled to start on Friday or next week.

#1610 4 years ago

Went to the printer early this morning & had a look at the bulk of the Seawitch tests with white arrows. There are 12 of 15 or 16 (lost count). To finally dial in the printing. There are 4 of the final version of cutting which looked good on the early printed 1 playfield - right bottom Special had been printed white. All 12 are now fine for that issue. There are some flaws which I will record when these start going through the clear coat process. A few had a line near pop bumpers since there was a mix of 2 playfield wood types going through the process. I hope when people see the 12 Seawitch test playfields, & hopefully the 20 production ones cut next week. That finish line is very close for all Seawitch prepaid guys & any new orders. Like people have said here they may take a early test with white arrows. So standby! Star Gazer playfield was printed & color was fine! There is some cleaning up of the file to do since some lenses got a drop of white ink. They will clean up this playfield, & print the other one to verify. Might be 1-2 weeks. Working on likely 8 Star Gazer to printer next, & other 8 unless the Seawitch are cut (my priority).

#1612 4 years ago

Got the playfields to the shop. The alignment on the last 4 cnc cut playfields is good. This is the version that all following production ones will be. Those prepaid guys will see epoxy where the playfield prop goes underneath (4 here, not future ones). You can see the playfields drying, & to start my clear coats next week.
IMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

#1615 4 years ago

You can see the one really bad one for wood burn. There are 12 different Seawitch playfields, & some of the pictures show Star Gazer playfields (16) in production at the shop. 8 have their inserts installed.

#1621 4 years ago

There should be Star Gazer ones for everyone who wants one. Seawitch tests the good ones will go to prepaid guys unless they want to wait longer for regular production run. I will try to have the playfields ready to go for final finish clear coats starting early August. Then grade them & reach out to the early prepaid guys for their decision.

#1629 4 years ago

The playfields should be ready for initial clear on Monday. Going with the worse ones first.

#1632 4 years ago

I will be taking new money soon after I get the prepaid guys waiting on Seawitch. The printer called & 2 Star Gazer printed. Still working on new Star Gazer playfields, & trying to have 8 printed early August. I will call the sign shop to see how the 20 production Seawitch are due for cutting. Then another 20 old stock playfield blanks will be cut for Seawitch next time block for cnc. This will continue on this year to meet new demand, along with Star Gazer (likely 8 of 16 are already spoken for, 2 or more to Australia, 2 Marco Specialties, 2 Europe, & 1 Canada). Started 4 Seawitch today for Varethane Gloss, & need to pick up another gallon. 12 Seawitch will go for finish auto clear early August.

#1633 4 years ago

18 new production Seawitch playfields have been cut. They will be picked up next week & start the production with yellow arrows. They had a problem & will cut either 2 or 4 more. Then I switch to old playfield blanks here in stock. 2 Star Gazer have been printed, & I move towards Seawitch production.

#1636 4 years ago

Picking up the cut playfields Wednesday or Thursday. 8 Star Gazer almost ready for 2 seal coats before going to the printer. You can see them on the rack. Hopefully last filling of some weep holes on lenses.
8 of 12 Seawitch tests got 2 coats of varethane water based gloss over uv ink. This is new for production from me, trying to improve the process to make sure no problems with auto clear coat finish. Also more layers of protection.
IMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPG

#1637 4 years ago

Picked up the 18 production cut playfields & started working on them. Another 4 will cut & be ready the end of this week or next week. 2 Star Gazer printed with some issues. Some people want real game board (old stock), which I obtained & will be using next for Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields. Guys who prepaid can decide if they want to wait a little longer, or get this batch of 22 production with yellow arrows. They will have first crack at playfield tests with white arrows, & likely most with issues. I know this has been a long time coming, & want to get all Seawitch prepaid guys done this year. They will decide what choice they want. If they go for a test, & there will be likely a partial refund depending on issues.

The 12 Seawitch tests & 2 Star Gazer have burn through of thin hard maple veneer. Not my finest work during my recovery after foot surgery last year. The production now for both playfields is back to my normal production standards plus I am now sealing the playfields with more coats of varethane before going for finish auto clear coats. Before they got printed & then on to finish coats.

The sign shop will gear up for the old stock individual playfield blanks & likely cut the 20 late August. After these I will get 10 Star Gazer, & estimate more Seawitch playfields.

IMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPG
#1639 4 years ago

No in the past they just went for finish clear coats. In the past with direct ink restorations for Sorcerer & other titles I had problems with contractors at times. Trying to offer a better playfield with more layers of protection.

#1643 4 years ago

Varethane water base is non yellowing over time (mostly used for floors or furniture). Been using it to seal playfields old & new the past 12 years. Trying to make sure my playfields are more bullet proof towards finish auto clear coats. I will be going over the test playfields here for weep holes near lenses before finish clear coats in August. Mirco & others that have had problems are keeping silent about playfield production. I believe OMNI is going to be used by my latest contractor. If not I will let people know what is being used.

Finally on the subject of uv inkjet printing, the real old Colorspan 9840 used for direct ink restorations & the 9 year old Canon OCE Arizona which does my backglass & playfield production. There has never been a problem with Varethane & uv ink. Also no problems with wood areas sealed & finish clear coats. There has been problems with finish clear coats & uv ink. Funny how in the past it is always my fault or the printer when the finish clear coat contractors mess up! I would say there is now 100+ of my playfields out there & likely almost all were installed over the years. This year I hope to see another 100 mostly Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields go out. So the total being worked on now is 48 & 4 more next week. I know people will be surprised when I finally finish most demand by the end of the year.

It would be nice if Mirco, CPR, & others doing new playfields would say what equipment & products they are using.

#1645 4 years ago

I will produce what ever people want. No more layers of Varethane over ink, no finish clear coats over ink for guys who want to do there own, etc. So if you are picky the next 12 Seawitch tests & 2 Star Gazer do not buy. These will likely all have issues like I said with my lense work & wood. For all the anti Varethane guys likely CPR & others are using a poly to seal the wood also before printing. There are 48 new playfields being worked on now. Then I switch to the 100+ old stock playfield blanks. More choice to decide.

#1647 4 years ago

Hopefully a few gems, if not I am working on the next production batch with yellow arrows. If you look at the picture of Seawitch on the rack I think that was a second coat over ink. The 2 Star Gazer are just uv ink.

#1649 4 years ago

I see no difference with added coats towards color.

#1653 4 years ago

Over the years I can not say there has been any adhesion problems with Omni or other auto clear to varethane. Maybe the varethane was not the water based version, there is another one that you should not use (oil based in a black spray can).

#1654 4 years ago

Update: Working my way through the 12 tests. Like I said there will be very few perfect ones. I am now also working on production ones with yellow arrows. You can see 4 at top that I sanded for weep holes & will reclear before going for finish clear, bottom rack first 4 production with yellow arrows waiting epoxy for lenses, & middle 4 last tests with 1 coat of varethane. Finish line coming soon for Seawitch prepaid guys.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG
#1656 4 years ago

All playfields are dimpled. 4 Seawitch production had inserts epoxied. There are a bunch of Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields going through production.

1 week later
#1657 4 years ago

Very slow week towards playfields here. I had 3 days of medical appointments this week towards returning to my regular job Aug. 26
Also Marco Specialties & a few other backglass orders are being done this week & next. Still working on the 12 Seawitch tests for finish clear, 4 are ready for another coat of varethane after fixing some weep holes. 4 ready to sand & get another coat of varethane, & last 4 to fix weep holes etc. I will post a update early next week. Anyone looking for a Stern glass will have to wait until late September, or buy through Marco if they have stock. The next 8 Star Gazer are still waiting for sealing coats before printing. Trying to get through Seawitch playfields.

#1658 4 years ago

Spent the day on glass packaging for Marco Specialties. Back to playfields this weekend. Another 5 more glass to be packed next week.

IMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPG
#1659 4 years ago

Working on Seawitch playfields this week.

#1660 4 years ago

I got another 7 production Seawitch ready for lense epoxy. Still trying to figure out the test playfields. I believe another 4 playfields cnc & ready. like I have said 20 more blanks going in for Sept, cutting. So there should be 22 production playfields (Yellow Arrows) in for printing next month.

#1664 4 years ago

3 have been refunded. I think the number is around low 20 range. Today I was with my employer, & I return part time 6-8 weeks to my City Pool Operator job. After my foot surgery & off for almost 2.5 years. Still have serious problems with my employer, & trying to get my 1-10 years in for a pension. Standby as I finally get done all the prepaid Seawitch playfields this year & any new orders.

#1667 4 years ago

There will be lots of Seawitch playfields this year. There are prepaid guys from years ago when I thought like a lot of pinball people. That pinball playfield production is easy. It is the hardest & risky thing to do. Only other thing is to make complete games.

#1671 4 years ago

Yes I had stopped taking prepaid in full many years ago. Back in the day it was a good way to see if demand & get things going. All the Star Gazer guys received their playfields & others. Only one late to go out for Star Gazer (new production). Seawitch tests I am still trying to sort out, & I know they are not to the standard of new production ones with yellow arrows. By the end of this year, there will be 50 Seawitch playfields finished this year. This will more than cover any demand.

#1672 4 years ago

Working on the first bunch of production Seawitch playfields. 7 on the rack with lenses epoxied in. I return to my regular 6 day a week job today. Gradual hours after being off 2.25 years. Glad to be mobile again after my right foot surgery the end of last year.

IMG_0034 (resized).JPGIMG_0034 (resized).JPG
#1673 4 years ago

Some of the final tests for Seawitch, the sign shop cut out a hole in the end of the shooter lane. There are 3 that I finished varethane 2 coats that have minor weep holes around some lenses. If interested $475 US & I will ship on me. I am working on the 8 that I repaired weep holes. The first 4 were a real learning curve. I sanded them smooth & left sand lines in the varethane. I went back & sanded, fixed with circular sanding. I will clear with varethane & see the results. If ok the other 4 will receive the same treatment.

I hope the prepaid guys will wait a little longer for a production playfield this Fall. 12 are ready for sanding of lenses, & another 6 + 4 cnc last up next in production. The 2 Star Gazer will be tested for uv ink to finish auto clear coats with the new contractor. Same as the old way with Star Gazer. I will make sure there are no weep holes around lenses before uv ink for Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields.

Here are pictures of all the playfields going through the stages, 16 Star Gazer, + 2 inked & 18 Seawitch, 4 cnc done to be picked up +12 inked.
IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPG

#1683 4 years ago

Back from the work shop after grading & applying gray paint backside. These were the last 4 to be corrected out of 12. The previous ones did not have one G.I hole cut correctly 8. So they did not decide to listen & cut the prop hole. So after they made that mistake the 4 got a plug, & I went further with epoxy underside. So these 4 are special! Even though they are in a ink zone, you can see the circle if you look closely. There are a few guys that will decide if they want 1 of 4 of these discount special. Here is the details of the 4: All appear flat, all have very good alignment, no wood burn to bare wood areas (targets, switches, etc.) A - good, B - tiny line near shooter lane by post will likely be hidden, C - shooter lane look, & I had a few drops of sweat in shooter lane. Will sand, & entire playfield gets extra coat, right bottom Special was ghosted & they removed ink so black edge is a little jagged. D - 10K green lense alignment is off, best looking of the 4. I try to keep the shop as clean as I can for spraying, but there is some dust in the clear. Pictures A - D, pictures of painted back. 4 playfields look good now after re sanding & 1st coat of varethane. Please remember I will grade these tests, & if I can find very nice ones they will get finished auto clear. Not likely, so please wait for production ones with yellow arrows.
IMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

#1684 4 years ago

So 3 guys are interested & I await their response for choice. If anyone else interested let me know.

#1686 4 years ago

Responded, & signing off for the night.

#1687 4 years ago

Waiting on payment for A, B & D. The 3 have all responded, just waiting on payment. They ship late next week. C available $475 US shipped to USA.

#1688 4 years ago

Boxed up the 4 Seawitch test playfields for shipping A-D. C is still available, & looks good after sanding a few water spots in the shooter lane. This one I cleared along with the next 4 ones that I repaired for weep holes. They got 2 further coats of varethane gloss, & I painted the bottom side today. If I get back to the shop tonight or Sunday night I will grade them.

#1690 4 years ago

The 2 Star Gazer playfields will be looked at. These may just get varethaned. I am leaning towards all production this month on going back to the old way. Printed & aired out, then on for finish auto clear coats.

#1692 4 years ago

C is sold. Next ones with weep holes repaired & 2 varethane gloss clear coats E - H. I was contacted by a early prepaid looking to see if C was still available. It was not, & he decide to go with the best next one E - $500 US. These ones were the previous 8 test with out the plug in the shooter lane. If you are a early prepaid guy & can not wait any further this year for a production one with auto clear coat. I am offering to exchange the playfield, if you are not happy later this year.

E - flat, bottom shooter lane epoxy fix, very faint sand lines & plywood lines, minor dust more noticeable in upper hoop area left & right, minor wood burn top targets, best appearance (#1) of these 4 $500 US (going to prepaid customer). F - flat, shooter lane epoxy fix & a blemish spot, 4th green lense in a row burn line through black ink ring, plywood lines visible faint or worse, a few lenses sanding & more visible hoop left side, more wood burn target areas $450 US. G - slight bow to playfield length wise, veneer burn top rollover (dip) & middle target bank, minor plywood lines, minor burn left top targets, $450 US. H - flat, burn through left top bumper on left side & targets, minor burn to surface of wood, 2nd nice appearance of the 4, $475 US
IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

#1695 4 years ago

It was there in the art supply. Star Gazer playfields on the rack. I need to pick up more varethane. These 2 varethane versions are likely spoken for. More production ones this Fall with finish auto clear coats. There are a few white starburst lenses that I had & used in some of the next ones for SG.

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG
#1696 4 years ago

Working on the production playfields for Seawitch. I hope to have all 20+ playfields in for printing by the end of the month. More in October.

#1698 4 years ago

Yes for all prepaid guys this year, & others. There will be production ones going to the printer the end of next week. Last night I was sanding a bunch of Seawitch playfields & doing some more epoxy filling around yellow inserts. I will post up some more pictures this week.

#1699 4 years ago

Hurricane Dorian is hitting Nova Scotia now. So likely no update or work at the shop this weekend. Everyone is hunkering down here.

#1700 4 years ago

Lost power for 24 hours, Sat 4pm - Sun 4pm. I will check on the workshop tonight. Still a large amount of people with out power.

#1702 4 years ago

Yes the production ones I am working on now will be available for $100 US off for those that want to do the finish clear coats themselves. Power was restored to the workshop last night. Day #3 of recovery after the hurricane. 2 of the 3 indoor public pools I work at still had no power in the city.

#1703 4 years ago

Today I was at the printer picking up backglass, & the other 4 Seawitch cut playfields at the sign shop. So the first 22 Seawitch production with yellow arrows are in the shop. Next week the 20 old stock playfield blanks of 100 go to the sign shop for Seawitch. It is more likely they get cut this month, but it depends on the production demands of the shop. Also picked up more supplies for epoxy glueing of inserts. Sanding will continue to have playfields ready for the printer this month.

#1705 4 years ago

I was sanding very briefly tonight until light showers. Had to get a Seawitch glass boxed, & minor epoxy repairs to some lenses (mostly Star Gazer).

IMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPG
#1706 4 years ago

Picked up a cold from my wife. Still sanding the first 8 of 22 production Seawitch. I am having a problem with finding 3/4 inch trans blue lenses. So while I sort this out I will just use playfields already cut. Might ask the German guys if they have them ready. Northern Precision Plastics has gone silent, & Foremost Plastics is always hard to get stuff. Still slow on selling test playfields for Seawitch with white arrows. Standby pre paid guys for Seawitch production with yellow arrows.

#1709 4 years ago

Thanks. There are more tests ready, as I get the production yellow arrow ones done. The 2 Star Gazer with poor plywood veneer lines with lense weep holes & other minor problems. These received 2 coats of water based varethane gloss, & the new owners can leave as is or fix with more clear coats. These 2 are the worst for plywood lines & other minor issues. Priced at $400 US shipped deep discount, 1 is likely sold to a guy looking from last year. The 2 coats of varethane looks more like the way playfields were in the early electronic years, 1977 - 1984. More attention to the playfields to make sure no weep holes, & playfields going back to auto finish clear coats.
IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPG

IMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPG
#1722 4 years ago

I am old school & have been using a small digital camera. this is the third one in 10 years. They do not like landing on the lense & concrete. I do use low setting since the early days of Pinside. The workshop lighting is very poor! Back to my regular 6 day a week job, & a bunch of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields going through sanding. I will be at the shop Friday afternoon & Saturday. Try to get pictures.
Guys are looking at Seawitch tests ready to go F - H, see post 1692
Pictures of the 2 Star Gazer. These 2 have bad plywood lines & weeping. If they do not sell I will fix the problems & they will be $475 US shipped.

IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPG
#1725 4 years ago

The star gazer have plywood ply lines & weeping.

#1728 4 years ago

Spent some time with my wife today, no shop. Will go there Sunday afternoon after work. F-H, & the other 4 white arrow tests are available after I fix them up.

#1730 4 years ago

B for his Seawitch. Waiting on payment for 2nd Star Gazer test, so both likely sold.

#1731 4 years ago

Both Star Gazer tests are sold. Pictures of them ready to ship & playfields. 10 new production Seawitch most are almost finish sanding, & starting the other 12. Hopefully 4 Star Gazer, & 2 Seawitch to the printer the end of this week. Working on 6 more Seawitch to the printer next week.

IMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1738 4 years ago

I am back to work at my regular 6 day a week job. The last few days I have not been well, & stayed home today. Bad colds seem to be common the last month here. The first group of yellow production playfields are getting close to be ready for printing. The goal is still to have prepaid guys get their playfields this year! November & December 2019

As for others doing Seawitch or Star Gazer playfields have at it. This has happened previously with the big boys. I will continue to produce the only 2 classic Stern titles that I have art for. As everyone can see from my production over the years nothing is perfect. There will be very good playfields with yellow production arrows & ones with some minor problems. If you want a white arrow with varethane test playfields they are still here! Most prepaid guys are waiting for production ones with auto clear.

There will likely be a announcement early next year. This is in the works for other parties towards pinball playfield & backglass production. Either my next minor project, or still producing what I have for art with backglass & playfields. So far I have done over 100 new printed playfields, about 30 uv ink restorations, & 300+ backglass. I am a one person operation with the help of product contractors. Not a huge producer of pinball parts like Mirco & CPR.

#1739 4 years ago

Seawitch test H is sold. F & G available. See post #1692 for pictures. Another party is looking also.

2 weeks later
#1741 4 years ago

Still alive. I took time off pinball playfields as I return to my regular 6 day a week day job (48 hours). 1-9 pm, Sunday - Friday. Over the last 3 weeks fighting colds & my employer. So stay tuned I am getting playfields ready for ink & still trying for a large amount out before xmas.

#1744 4 years ago

This is my second bad cold in 2 weeks. I will try & get a flu shot next week. Seems like a very bad Fall for colds.

#1745 4 years ago

Back to my normal job. Give a update the end of week.

#1746 4 years ago

Got my flu shot today. I am getting back into my regular 6 day a week job. Seawitch test A came back the guy wants to wait for auto clear coat & pay the difference. Test F & G ready to go. Test I - L still need minor sanding & finish varethane. All these tests are finish varethane. Those Star Gazer & Seawitch production playfields I am still working on lense repairs (weeping). Stay tuned as I hope to finally get a bunch ready for printing & auto clear coats.

1 week later
#1751 4 years ago

I have been busy returning to my regular 6 day a week job looking after public swimming pools the last 23 years for my city. Back at it & my job is more tasking then ever before on a number of issues. Had a get together at the shop with a few of the CPR guys. I have not had much time to work on playfields the last 2 weeks. But the good news is I am owed vacation, & I should be slaving away for 4-5 weeks before xmas on playfields. Next week should be my last week with the city. So stay tuned as I try to get the playfields finished.

Spent a little time talking shop with Mike & Tanner from CPR. They lost a long term guy who did their lense insert glueing & sanding. It has got everyone thinking there is more to life than just producing pinball parts. Most of us are in our mid fifties, & also working fulltime at our regular jobs.

#1753 4 years ago

Yes I am working towards getting this done for the remaining Seawitch prepaid guys this year. Today I was trying to recover from my regular job, & taking in the fire on the street I spent most of my life on.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/firefighters-battle-blaze-by-rail-tracks-in-halifax-1.5354718
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/structure-fire-at-cn-rail-yard-in-halifax-1.4678286
https://globalnews.ca/news/6150806/cn-rail-yard-fire/
Also taking in the loss of our local CPR worker Blake.

#1754 4 years ago

So I believe my vacation will be Nov. 17 for 4 weeks. Plus another 5 days before xmas if I get the ok to burn through more vacation time. There is still 7 Seawitch tests I am still selling, 5 need more work & more varethane coats before going out. So the Seawitch production arrow ones are still being worked on & should start going to the printer the end of this month & before xmas. Printing should be quick in December, not a busy month for printing. Hopefully the auto clear coats will be squeezed in or I will find other contractors.

#1756 4 years ago

Yes but I am going over these again before they go for printing. There are 8 of 16 cut, but they are at the back until I get all Seawitch cut playfields done.

#1757 4 years ago

My 4 weeks vacation starts Sunday to work on playfields.

#1758 4 years ago

Working on clearing playfields for printing. Switched back to another older spray gun. Had to change out the large holder with the other after I found out it was cracked & leaked a huge puddle of varethane on the floor.

1 week later
#1765 4 years ago

There has been a couple of email & pm received today. Yes the first 2 weeks of my 4-5 weeks vacation have been lacking on playfield production now towards the end of the year. Had some days I was sick, being 55 my recent last crown last week took me out for 3 days (worst drilling through my tooth yet, this is my 4th or 5th), we have had 2 very bad weather days (today I was not feeling well) slipping on ice, & 1 day no power, & I do pinball service work for the local big independent operator (we share a work shop outside the city core).

Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields are getting ready for printing. 7 Seawitch tests with white arrows are ready if people are ok with varethane coats, 3 can ship now & other 4 need a little work. Most people will wait since they want auto clear which is what I am still working towards. Likely you will see more Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields printed before the end of the year. Those who want to clear or send away for clear still might see shipping before the end of the year.

At this time only a Catacomb & Star Gazer glass in stock. The next 15 tempered glass blanks were ordered. With xmas no guarantee to arrive during the holidays. So likely any glass needed will be early January.

Please let me know if you want a Seawitch test now, or will wait until January for Seawitch production playfields with yellow inserts & auto clear coats.

#1766 4 years ago

Ok I am talking with a few prepaid guys who want to finish clear themselves. The first production yellow arrows goes to the printer this week. Along with 2 Star Gazer which will be the first finish clear tests with the new contractor. Working on 2-5 more Seawitch to the printer next week. In the pictures only 1 Seawitch on the rack along with Star Gazer to fix weep holes. Standing up are a bunch that are almost done sanding. Pictures from the shop today. A test with ink loss at left arrow is waiting payment, 2 are the worst, 4 need weep holes repairs & more varethane. So 7 Seawitch tests still here with varethane gloss finish.
IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

#1768 4 years ago

Mark S. is taking the first production with no clear. Working on the next group & the last 6 test ones.

1 week later
#1770 4 years ago

Yes I was going to update tonight. This week 2 Star Gazer & 1 Seawitch at the printer. Just finished 3 Seawitch should be ready to seal, another 3 -7 I am still finish sanding (almost done), & verify for any minor weep holes. 5 Star Gazer receiving final repairs. 2 of last 8 Seawitch ready for lenses. Today I received my tempered glass blanks (15) for Stern titles. So I hope to have 3 or more Seawitch playfields to the printer next week.

For people that do not know. I am the service tech for the biggest independent operator in my area. Did not realise all the work required opening the biggest barcade in my area, along with his other locations. We share the same work shop so I had to service his needs. Wish I could have got more done but that is what happened. I have been turning away pinball repairs & jukebox work until April 2020. Unfortunately the older service techs in my area have died, & the only young tech is getting stuff pushed his way by me, & the local operator.

Still have another 5 days vacation & holidays to work on playfields this year. Happy Holidays!

#1772 4 years ago

I have the next 5 Seawitch ready for 2 coats of sealing before printing. Working on some more & 5 more Star Gazer getting ready. Working on the final 8 Seawitch for lenses over the holidays. Back to my regular job, but like I said I have another 4+ days vacation before the end of the year. Here are some pictures with the pinball machines I am working on in the workshop. I will get as many playfields into the printer before xmas.

You can see 5 Seawitch on the rack ready for 2 coats of sealing. 6 Seawitch tests with white arrows which have issues & were not the final correction for cnc (A-D tests were the final correction, F-G, I-L are the 6 left past the rack in the picture). The blanks are Seawitch & Star Gazer that are bare or have inserts installed & being worked on.

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG
#1773 4 years ago

Friday just 1 more Seawitch went to the printer after lunch. They were printing playfields at the time. So I hope 2 Seawitch & 2 Star Gazer will be printed & air drying for days on a rack. 3 Seawitch still have some minor weep holes after 2nd coat of seal. So I will fix & try a 3rd coat. 1 needs more work. Happy Holidays, & I will post some more progress. Likely it will be Jan. 2 or 3 to pick up the printed playfields, & drop more playfields in for printing.

#1774 4 years ago

Called the printer. They had some problems with the flat bed, & printing white. Parts were ordered & there. I will update next week. So for those following 2 Seawitch & 2 Star Gazer there at the printer. Still working on a bunch to go to the printer.

1 week later
#1777 4 years ago

Still waiting on the printer. Likely a update towards Friday. My time lately has been fixing pinballs on route. Pinball on location is in demand, & there are very little people doing service work. Only another guy we are sending requests to from the public, & myself back to working my regular 48 hour week job + pinball service & production. We are into winter weather here & another major storm on Wednesday. I hope to have more playfields sealed Tuesday. Also this month we are moving to a larger shop closer to the operators area where he lives. That will save him 20 - 30 minutes of travel each way + gas. So there is a lot to be done this month. All the cardboard box shipping materials, glass, plywood blanks & cut playfields, + all my storage & equipment to be moved.
I love the cartoon. Yes this project is extremely hard, & the finish line is in sight. I have a dental plan, & it seems like there is always work needed. As you get older things get harder. So I keep working towards the end goal.

#1784 4 years ago

There was a major snow event here Wednesday. On my way to the shop now, & I will get to the printer Friday morning to see status there.

#1785 4 years ago

My spray gun was acting up, so I will see Saturday recent next 5 playfields if ok. If not a light sand & spray more varethane to seal playfields. Serviced my spray gun, & cleaned out the tiny holes with the legs of small new transistors (half moon style). Friday am I went to the printer & 1 Seawitch printed. The other 3 playfields waiting for printing next week. The printer was being used for other jobs. They have another monster printer that I think is using latex paint. Similar to the old Colorspan years ago for my restorations - direct ink as a early pioneer for playfields. It feeds material through, compared to the old Canon OCE Arizona flatbed uv inkjet printer which is used for my backglass & playfield production.

1 week later
#1786 4 years ago

Coldest winter day here this winter. 2 Seawitch, & 2 Star Gazer playfields were printed. Got the call late today, & they will air dry. These are going out to customers doing or contracting out finish clear coats. So inked only playfields going out to paid customers. I did sand 4 Seawitch, & 1 Star Gazer, sprayed again after my gun went bad. Seemed like its working good, but I need to verify no weep holes around lenses.

Lease was signed by the local big operator that I share space with & do pinball service (amusement game repairs). Moving to larger space over the next 2 weeks. Starting next Friday & last week I will be off my regular job. Saturday is State or our Provincial playoff.

#1789 4 years ago

We missed out on heavy snow, but now extreme cold. Today 4 playfields hopefully sealed for weep holes (tiny). Saturday I played the state or our provincial championship. I am one of the few heavy drinkers playing in tournaments. So by the time I came in 2nd, I had 10 tall boy Irish Beers in me. Funny how the winner picked all my worst games. But that is how it is & all the power to him. Almost all the players play as non drinkers. So it is good to show them old school drinking & playing pinball. Picture of the group of finalists at the end, & my last 10 tall boy. Went to the bar & had a pitcher after my loss. Felt that day on Sunday returning to my regular job in the afternoon. Still a few of us drinking & not taking pinball too serious. https://www.facebook.com/halifaxpinball/photos/rpp.719680254817954/2610594989059795/?type=3&theater

#1791 4 years ago

I believe I know, but I will wait to see. If not I will make sure the next 4 are available just inked, or they go out for auto clear.
** Update - Like I have said previously I share a workshop with the local biggest operator. Well it is time to move shop much closer to where he lives. So stuff is being moved over the next 4-7 days. It has already started & there is no way to continue on until things are sorted out. I will be picking up playfields the end of next week. I hope to have a new spray area set up in the shop by the end of next week. Off my regular job January 23 - 31. I update with pictures early next week as the shop comes together. **

#1793 4 years ago

Early next week the last loads leave the workshop. About 70% has been moved out as of today. Move the rest Tuesday & Wednesday. Have a good weekend!

#1794 4 years ago

Wednesday will see the last load of tempered glass & boxes of stuff go from the old workshop to the new one. Weird building with our basement toilet in a big room with a sink. I have set up 3 racks for storage, & my operator will store tires there.

#1795 4 years ago

So everything has been sorted & stored on racks (all my parts & stuff). All done at this time. I was faint & had a bad body sweat for 10 minutes Friday morning. I was on my way to Emergency & got better. Weird colds going around this time of year. Back to playfield production.

2 weeks later
#1799 4 years ago

Weather the last 2 weeks, fell twice over this time on ice & Wednesday was the worst for my right knee/leg. So I recovered from the splits & felt a tear or extension to the muscle of knee. X ray Friday & still in pain from this injury. I did get the 4 playfields from the printer on Friday am.
The move from shop to shop was a lot more with the operator clearing out his large storage unit of vids, pins, etc. This has finally been cleared out mostly from the new shop. So hopefully I get better this week & get started back on track. The plan is to try & improve the white arrow test versions. Either they sell reduced or a few might go for auto clear. Get the yellow version finished & out for auto clear.
The pictures show the playfields at the new shop. Still was not well enough to open the 2 inked Star Gazer, & Seawitch. Behind them is the white test version arrows to be worked on. I will try & post pictures of the 4 printed playfields Sunday or Monday.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG
#1802 4 years ago

Yes I do give a shit. Another few days of extreme pain to my right knee & leg. Same right foot I had operated on Nov 2018. I continue to struggle to get through my regular 48 hour job. I have extreme problems climbing stairs & getting into cars. Still waiting on my x ray from Friday.
Holiday Monday I did get to the shop did some light cleaning & sanded 2 Seawitch playfields. So stay tuned for pictures hopefully soon.

#1805 4 years ago

A one man show unfortunately for me. Pinball parts production is hard, plus I try to have a balanced life besides my 6 day a week job the last 24 years.
I did get to the workshop tonight briefly to unwrap the playfields printed. The 2 Star Gazer had white star burst one inch lenses installed since the shooter lanes were a little funky for plywood. The Seawitch look good for production yellow arrows. The pictures were taken under harsh tube lights that are at the shop. March 2 I have to see my doctor about the x ray results to my right knee.
IMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPG

#1807 4 years ago

People probably do not remember when I was a pioneer of uv inkjet production for playfield restoration about 12 years ago. Lost a lot of money doing free restorations slowly over the years. How times change, & I did get a trashing over that production. Was extremely hard to do & still is. Real playfield production is hard!

#1810 4 years ago

Update about a week. 4 playfields done final weep holes & waiting sealing coats again. Saturday I did get more Seawitch ready for any weep hole repairs. The 4 inked only playfields boxed (2 Seawitch done, & 2 Star Gazers before next week). The 2 Seawitch owners have been notified. Sorting out Star Gazer. Monday 1 Seawitch went in for printing, & 1 Seawitch glass for Australia. I have the area dedicated for spray sorted out. Need to hang plastic from ceiling, have wood rails along 8 foot lighting. So the booth should be finished this weekend. All the playfields now moved next to stack of playfield blanks. Cardboard for playfield box sets organised for use. My right knee & leg is still giving me pain. See what the Doctor says on March 2.

IMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG
#1815 4 years ago

My focus is trying to get these done. That being said I still have not located the prepaid Seawitch guys list. The boxes of paperwork have now moved 3 times, & I have not had access to my original Hotmail account. Please contact me here, if you have not done so in the past. If you see the previous Seawitch lists that gives you some idea. Also some have had refunds & are no longer waiting.
As for Seawitch #1 & the others prepaid & waiting. The one that is at the printer now will be the first with auto clear coats. I will try a private guy who does very small projects (cars), & is retired. If this fails I reach out to the CPR contractor. The art work & alignment looks good with production yellow arrows. The 2 non clear playfields are going to Ron for his finish work. These prepaid customers contacted me about this, & that is why it moved forward.
Saturday I should have my spray booth area set up & ready to go. I am scheduled to work 13 days straight, & will get a few hours in at the shop. Wednesday afternoon a bunch of playfields go out (Seawitch & Star Gazer with no clear coats going to Ron). I hope to have another bunch ready for printing the end of the week (ones pictured fixing weep holes by some lenses).
Going through the white arrow tests, only 2 left have decent inkwork that was not repaired for weep holes (F & G previously posted). This is not what should be done for the best looking playfields. Weep holes need to be fixed before printing. The 2 shown are $350 US + $50 US shipping to USA. They have wavy varethane clear, faint plywood lines on one, or visible sanding lines. The other 4 will have some minor ink loss & the worst has serious wood burn. They will be priced $200 - $300 US each + $50 US shipping USA.
I respond to messages usually 1 - 3 days. The Seawitch playfields with yellow arrows are looking very good! Standby in March to start seeing finished auto cleared ones going out.

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG
#1824 4 years ago

I am off to my day job. To those that emailed either late tonight or next few days I will get back to you. I was under the weather fighting a cold the last few days. So the plastic film is still waiting for the booth area.

#1828 4 years ago

Still feeling the pain to my right knee. Doctor is referring me to a Sports Medicine Doctor. Just started 30 days of anti inflammatory drugs. Fluid on the knee & some damage. Along with getting up in age, 56 in July.
So I missed one other guy getting inked only playfield in at the printer #21 which will go out next if everything is ok. #5 white arrows gone. # 6 & #23 no ink going out Wednesday. Thanks for the list!
The next groups of Seawitch playfields will be going out with finish clear coats. So that is my goal this month to get them in to the printer.
Seawitch Special #2 is also going out to a new customer. Hopefully the other tests with problems sell, & if people want a refund let me know. If not I hope to get this prepaid finished before the 7 year mark! Guess not if only a month, but hopefully get the 1-10 on the top in the next 60 days.

#1831 4 years ago

My new UPS driver for the new location I share picked up the 4 playfields a few hours ago. 2 are going to Ron for finish, Seawitch & Star Gazer. Other Seawitch will be cleared by the owner, & Special #2 Varethaned by me. Having my supper & back to the shop to hopefully hang the plastic film for spray area.

#1836 4 years ago

Plastic film was hung last night. Dedicated spray area in the workshop. 10 foot high ceiling. Most cities have lots of empty neighbourhood stores since people shop elsewhere for convenience.

IMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG
#1839 4 years ago

There is a large number of people waiting for Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields not prepaid for the last 5 years. If I had known it would be this long I would of just did Star Gazer, & then Seawitch. Did not know how hard playfield production is, but it is very hard. I guess less than 20 companies producing more than a few playfields worldwide. The big stack of plywood blanks is standing by for more playfields, & people can see what is cut for both playfields. Friday I start spraying playfields in the new tented area.

#1857 4 years ago

So Saturday is my only day off my regular job & I had to work it. I try to get to the new workshop a few hours before & after my 1 to 9 pm shift. Things are better with a space for spraying. The other Star Gazer with shooter lane epoxy has sold. I will check on the next 3 Seawitch & 1 Star Gazer to see if ready for printing. 4 of 5 next Seawitch getting ready for minor repairs to lenses & should be sealed 7 - 14 days. I need to get lense ready Star Gazer playfields 4 - 6 ready for printing for ink only guys in USA & Australia this month. This month I will get the last Seawitch cut playfields into the cue. So April looks like the next batch of Seawitch playfields to be cut & this should finish up all prepaid Seawitch customers.
I will post 2 or 3 updates each week moving forward to show that yes things are moving forward & hopefully finally done for all prepaid Seawitch by Spring & Summer 2020!

IMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPG
#1859 4 years ago

So the printer has the 1 Seawitch playfield & glass printed. Tuesday I got epoxy repairs done to next 3. 2 look ready for printing but I will go over again. 1 still has a few weep holes for sealing. I will count what cut playfields are still here. Today I got called in for 12 hours, & briefly was at the shop to get a board for another local operator.

#1861 4 years ago

I hope to get a few Seawitch playfields to the printer Friday. Pick up the glass & playfield. This morning (Thursday) I was sanding some Star Gazer, & tonight was my drinking night.

#1868 4 years ago

So Friday morning I picked up a Seawitch playfield & glass from the printer. 2 Seawitch playfields went in for printing. Saturday my only day off I will be at the workshop. Next week I will be off Tuesday for UPS shipping & working on playfields.

#1869 4 years ago

Today my day of my regular job: got the new sign installed for the operator (business name & that it is a private workshop, not open to the public, by appointment only). Not the worst area of the city, but I do not leave parcels outside. Cleaned up the shop, & he still has a vid to paint. I sanded some more playfields & will see what I can do Sunday am before I go to work.
Seawitch glass & playfield were fine from the printer. Both were boxed for Tuesday late shipping. Doing $100 US refunds for guys doing their own finish clear coats or sending to Ron for his finishing. The 2 Seawitch playfields will go for finish clear coats to a contractor here. Along with all production ones unless people request inked only. Standby while I get more playfields ready for the printer. So those at the start of the prepaid lists start getting their playfield.

IMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG
#1870 4 years ago

Sunday I got 3 Seawitch ready for sealing. Monday I was called in to work early over my day job. So now management is working remotely from home with other staff. Trades guys & pool operators going direct to work assignments. So the public pools & building still need to be maintained & building checks during this health crisis. Public Pools Closed for weeks. So my 48 hour work week 1-9 pm continues. Tonight I got UPS done for shipments late Tuesday, & will be off work Tuesday to be at the workshop.

Here is some info on the Seawitch playfields already cut. That might need a little tweaking. I will adjust the cnc info to correct these next, so the white tests & production yellow ones might have these errors.

Hey John working on seawitch currently. Bottom is 10% done and most everything lined up pretty good. Wishing decent margin. Just starting in the topside and just noticed 2 slight issues. First is the hole through the playfield for the apron bolts. The one on the right side is off by about 1/2”. It’s too far to the right. It’s slightly to the right of the large hole for the ball trough coil wires. It’s should be slightly to the left. Also the shooter lane gauge mounting holes. The one to the bottom is drilled too large. It’s drilled the same size as the apron bolt hole I just mentioned. A screw won’t catch in that hole. These are easy enough for me to deal with but figured maybe you’d want to correct it before the mass production run. I’ll let you know if I catch anything else on the topside.

#1877 4 years ago

The list posted here is what I am going by until I get time to do any corrections. Some refunds not on the list & maybe a few missing. Years ago I stated it was around 25 - 30 on Seawitch prepaid list. When I get some time after there are no playfields here to work on in 4 - 6 weeks I will update one. Until that time I am trying to push through as many Seawitch playfields as I can, along with the Star Gazer ones with lenses installed last year.
My count of cut cnc playfields with no lenses installed: 7 Star Gazer & 8 Seawitch. I will get a count of playfields getting ready for the printer in the morning. I will likely be going to the printer either Friday if the 2 Seawitch ready, or next week. Here are pictures of playfields sprayed today, & epoxy repairs tonight. I missed the UPS driver after 6 pm. When I called they said a driver was sent to the old location, wrong info since he left a sticker on the door.

IMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPG
#1885 4 years ago

Hang in there guys I am doing a little work on playfields while I fight a head cold for the last week. Took a sick day off work, toil day today, & Saturday is my only day off my regular job. 2 playfields finally got picked up Thursday afternoon which were suppose to go out late Tuesday. Even UPS is having problems with pick ups & communication. No word from the printer on the first 2 Seawitch which will go for finish clear coats.
Still working on getting discounted white arrow playfields for sale with varethane gloss finish coats. All remaining ones have issues & are not for a great restoration job. Some have serious burn, wavy finish clear, etc. A few guys have shown interest for these poor grade ones.
The 100+ blanks of playfield grade plywood is standing by for the non prepaid interested guys. I will try & get some pictures for Saturday morning of what I have going on.

#1887 4 years ago

So Friday was suppose to be a toil day off work. Got to the shop briefly before having to do a regular day. No one available to work even OT. So I will post a update Sunday morning.

#1888 4 years ago

A lot going on & I missed Mark is also getting a ink only Seawitch. I was still under the weather with this cold. So Saturday I was out shopping for food & beer in the morning. I crashed at the shop afternoon & early evening. Sunday am I was wiped out, made it into work, briefly at the shop for under a hour. Then called back to work for a power failure tonight.
In my Province Emergency Measures are stepping up. So expect things to get worse until this crisis is over! Even though my regular Public Pools are closed. I still have to check on them, & do other essential duties as required 6 days a week for the City.

#1890 4 years ago

Update: Still working when I get a chance on playfields. Even though the public city swimming pools are closed. They still need to be monitored, & some work is going on. Staff is taking time off, sick leave, toil, or vacation. The 2 Seawitch have been printed & are going out with no finish clear coats to prepaid guys. I just got notice late in the day. Hopefully the next bunch are going out for finish clear coats for the guys at the start of the list. 3 of the test ones with issues have been graded & some received more varethane coats. There are a few interested guys who have contacted me about these discounted ones. I am getting close, likely another week or more of getting about 4-6 Star Gazer & 4-6 Seawitch into the printer. Picture is of 2 of the 3 tests for sale.
IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

#1893 4 years ago

I just got home & going to bed. Try to answer emails before going to the shop on my only day off. Things are finally moving along with seawitch playfields after the many tests done with white arrows. Anyone wanting a refund will get it as soon as funds become available. I got the 2 Seawitch playfields from the printer this morning. After work I got the spray booth cleaned & unwrapped the playfields. They look very good along with the previous tests & production ones with yellow arrows. 1 more Seawitch is at the printer, & like I said I am working on a bunch of both titles for the printer. Here are the pictures of the 2 from the printer this morning. Minor dark wood shown in the second one from the plywood vaneer.

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPG
#1894 4 years ago

All emails responded to 1:05 am, off to bed.

#1896 4 years ago

Thanks! Leaving for the shop with my head cold, throat bad since last night.

#1899 4 years ago

So Saturday I got to the shop & had to lay down for 5 hours. My cold has now turned into a bad throat infection. I did get 3 playfields boxed & ready for shipping. Today I stayed home & will be home Monday also. I will see what my status is Tuesday. Still plan on shipping stuff the end of this week.

#1901 4 years ago

With my cold I ran out of sick time & took a weeks vacation (Tuesday-Monday). Still not the best shape with this bad cold. But 2 inked playfields & 2 sold tests are going out soon. 1 inked Mark S #1 inked & #5 Special on Thursday. There is a transfer of #2 inked, & worst test with woodburn is waiting on a glass to go out either Friday or early next week..
Today I got 3 Seawitch ready & 3 Star Gazer for sealing coats. I hope to spray a coat Thursday.

#1903 4 years ago

Today I spent the day resting on the shop sofa. Not a good day for spraying with high winds & heavy rains. The playfields were picked up in a brief dry spell. #2 inked should go out Friday. No word on the printer with Seawitch glass or playfield. I will ask Friday.

#1904 4 years ago

Still crashing on the sofa at the shop with this bad cold. Our province is hit but almost all cases are travel related so far. I hope to get back Sunday to playfields. Over 2 weeks with a bad cold, which I usually get in March or April. I did talk with the printer on Friday & my stuff gets done early this week.

#1906 4 years ago

Thanks for your continued patience. Still have this persistent cold. The printer got the 2 Seawitch glass & playfield done Tuesday. I am getting close to a large number of both Seawitch & Star Gazer (4-6 each) going in for printing. Started on the last of the cut Seawitch playfields to get inserts in over the next few weeks, & when that is done for Star Gazer ones.

#1908 4 years ago

Yes finally the first production ones to get finish auto clear coats late this month & early April. I will be at the workshop this holiday Friday, & Saturday day off. My city has finally decided to drain the 3 public pools starting Tuesday, that I work on the last 24 years.

#1910 4 years ago

Yes you are right. Should of been May. I was not feeling the best today, & just got glass boxed. The Seawitch playfield looked good, & will be the first of the next group of Seawitch to get finish auto clear later this month (April!). There is a bunch of Star Gazer playfields that will be ink only going to Australia & USA later this month. I moved cardboard honeycomb spacers to another spot. So the stack of pinball playfield blanks are ready to go out for CNC. I forgot the memory card, will post pictures late Saturday.

#1912 4 years ago

So is my persistent cold! There is another prepaid Seawitch customer waiting on a refund later this month. If you want to get one let me know. I just need to get US funds from sales of Star Gazer, or remaining 3 Seawitch tests with white arrows.

#1914 4 years ago

Pictures, got 5 of 9 with inserts ready for epoxy this week. 3 on rack final fixes, 2 need minor epoxy repair or insert replaced. 2 Seawitch glass going out, & the last inked playfield.

IMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPG
#1916 4 years ago

So the last 2 Seawitch tests with white arrows are left for repairs this week. Went over the playfields (Star Gazer for weep holes, & found a few I missed). Will look at the 3 Seawitch on the drying rack on Monday, & start epoxy inserts. Monday is my Holiday since I worked today.

#1917 4 years ago

The 3 Seawitch on the rack got a few more weep holes filled. I cleaned up the last 6 Seawitch ready for lenses, & the other 3 with lenses waiting epoxy. Another 2 need the shooter lane or rollover insert installed. So there are 14 total Seawitch production ones here (1 printed waiting for finish clear coats, likely group of 4). Waiting on word from the sign shop about cutting Seawitch playfields. It will be 20 ASAP, 20 every 30 -60 days the rest of the year.

IMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG
#1918 4 years ago

So I am waiting on word to slot in 20 blanks for cnc work for the next wave of Seawitch prepaid & others waiting. We have had poor weather here the last few days so the Star Gazer & Seawitch getting final weep holes & sealing coats are still waiting. Next few days they should be ready. For now I continue to work on the 9 Seawitch for lense install.

IMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG
#1922 4 years ago

Things are speeding up for my production. My city job hours have changed to daytime. So I have a little more time at the workshop. I will post some pictures & update likely late Saturday night.

#1923 4 years ago

So I am working on getting the last 11 cnc Seawitch playfields ready for printing early May. Should be 2-4 ready for printing this week (not these 11!). 2 are ready & working on the 1-2. A Seawitch & now Star Gazer playfield will be going out to test the new clear coat contractor.
Star Gazer a bunch going into the printer & I will start on the last 7 cnc ones at the shop. A number are going out ink only, & the rest will be clear coated. The focus the rest of the year is Seawitch playfields, unless all the Star Gazer run out!
I tried a new process for rollover inserts, & a couple of playfields for yellow arrow inserts. Looks very promising for these few troublesome inserts. Oracle mask from my direct ink restoration years. I get to use the cardboard edge strapping guards as spacers, & then use them to protect my glass box corners.

IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0034 (resized).JPGIMG_0034 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPG
#1926 4 years ago

Got your message for seconds. Off to my day job. Will give a count of playfields ready for printing late tonight.

#1927 4 years ago

The 2 playfields are going to the new contractor Tuesday for finish clear coats. 3 Star Gazer & 3 Seawitch ready to go for printing. I will continue to use Oracle 810 masking for arrows, & rollover inserts. Maybe for some problem other ones also. I am trying to have the last 9 cut Seawitch playfields ready for printing the first week of may. I have asked the sign shop if Friday this week I can get the future custom playfield blanks in to start group of 20 cnc done every 30-60 days the rest of the year.

#1929 4 years ago

It keeps me from having to adjust the lenses from not being level with the playfield. I stand the playfields up to dry (so hopefully lenses do not droop if holes are not tight). This is way better I have found for the arrows & large rollovers for epoxy. I will use this method going forward for these 2 lense styles.

#1930 4 years ago

***Special Update*** So everything is looking good with my new auto clear contractor. A retired body shop tech who continues to work in his backyard garage. Does mostly auto & truck, gas tanks for motorcycles, clearing over decals, & now pinball playfields. So he uses solvent type products since he is old school, & no other workers. A different way of doing them since he had no previous experience on finishing playfields. So he pre heats the playfields to 85 degrees F, & checks surface temperature by thermal gun. He installs the white star inserts & then sprays a coat of spot hardener to the uv ink. Waits about 20 minutes & apply a heavy coat of clear. After looking at the playfields tonight I will get a second coat of clear done on these 2 & future ones will get the 3 coat process. He moves the white star inserts during the process so most are free, as was seen tonight. If the customers are not happy they can cut the end off & remove. File & clean the rollover & install new ones.

Just noticed I reached the 7 year mark with this project. This WILL be the year I finish the remaining Seawitch prepaid guys & all other demand. Along with any remaining Star Gazer interest.

So the 6 playfields are still waiting to go for the printer. Working on the others at the shop. The clear coat should be a faster turn around, & printing is pretty quick. So it is mostly time constraints from me towards playfield production. I told the clear coat contractor 60 - 100 playfields this year. My goal is 100+ this year total for Seawitch & Star Gazer. So I will keep a running total of auto cleared playfields.
IMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPG

#1935 4 years ago

I saw OMNI cleaner. I will ask what he is using if he provides the secret sauce. Just got of the phone playfields look even better with the 3 coat process. It is PPG spot harder & 3 part polyurethane coating.

#1941 4 years ago

Yes the stars upside down is what most people do. I will allow the guy to do it his way. If people are not happy with the action they can cut the bottom off, & pop out. Clean the rollovers off any clear, & reinstall a new one. Last night I was exhausted from my day job, & only got a few minor thing done at the shop. Looks like Friday to get a bunch of errands done.

#1943 4 years ago

A bad day at my day job. Better day tonight on pinball stuff. Picked up the 2 playfields & painted the backs. Got the last of the next 9 Seawitch top epoxy after lenses installed. Loaded next 20 playfield Seawitch blanks for cnc, & the 6 playfields went to the printer (3&3). The clear coats on the first 2 playfields were as good or much better than my many previous contractors. Is it perfection NO, but it is as good as I can get it at a affordable playfield cost. That being said anyone who has shown interest will be locked in at $600 US + $50 US shipping USA. Unless I said you are still good for $500 US price as the prepaid guys. Anyone new with no communication starting May1, 2020 will be $700 US + $50 US shipping. This has been a long road towards Seawitch production. I hope to get a bunch of playfields ready for printing the first week of May.

IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG
#1951 4 years ago

I always roll on interior latex on finished cleared playfields flat on work horse. I protect the surface with paper. I look for a area with out holes to get some of the excess off. Then roll on. Good now at not getting paint on the rollovers! The prop hole I jam the end of the small roller into the prop hole, & use a q-tip to spread in the corner. If I have more to do soon I might keep the foam roller in a bag.
Inserts leave residue epoxy that gets sanded off before printing. My printer masks the back completely for printing. So I remove this before playfields go for clear coat. I have learned to never rush uv ink playfields out if you can still smell the ink!

Tonight I started cleaning the 7 Star Gazer playfields. So by next week all playfields will have lenses installed. Hoping that it is dry Saturday to work on the 9 Seawitch for sanding installed inserts. 20 Seawitch blanks were delivered to the sign shop this morning.

Saturday (today) is sunny & high about 52 degrees F. So I will be sanding the rest of Seawitch playfields.

#1953 3 years ago

Still under the weather with my knee. Got anti inflammatory drugs today, & took a weeks vacation Sunday-Friday to recover. #001 goes out late Tuesday, & I will try to do some work as I recover this week.

#1954 3 years ago

The swelling went down on my right knee (drugs). I had to take a weeks vacation Sunday - Saturday to recover. No sick time from work. It was a snow day here. I was feeling better & spent time on Star Gazer playfields.

#1955 3 years ago

Got word late today the 6 playfields were printed. 3 Seawitch, & 3 Star Gazer. Talked with the sign shop that does the cnc work. Looks like my slot for 20 Seawitch is mid May, & another 20 go in for June. I asked that the hole in the bottom corner for the shooter gauge be fixed to dimple (not a large through hole as in the tests). All the playfields that were cnc from last year are getting ready. On the last 2 Star Gazer for cleaning before inserts. Got a new Spray gun since the last one had its life. Seawitch #001 got picked up by UPS late Tuesday.

I will try & post some pictures late Thursday.

#1956 3 years ago

No pictures. The playfields that were printed went direct to the clear coat contractor. This is how it will likely happen going forward. He will unwrap them, let them air out. Things are really speeding up on my production end. I will not post a update until early next week.

Friday evening update: Last 2 Star Gazer playfields ready for inserts to receive epoxy. Went to the printer this afternoon & the 2 Star Gazer were printed. 1 more in for printing. The clear coat guy is airing the 6 playfields that were printed. A 2 day process with him for 3 coat process - hardner & finish clear coat, 2nd day sanding & final coat of clear. All playfields at the shop should be at the printer by mid May. Doing Stern glass order for Marco Specialties, & they should get 2 Star Gazer playfields later this month.

#1957 3 years ago

On the hunt for more inserts for production. No more playfields left to install inserts. Getting Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields ready for printing.

#1959 3 years ago

Just refunded one more Seawitch prepaid customer. I have 1 last Seawitch test with very nice alignment. Special discount $400 US + $50 US shipping to USA. The last 2 I carefully sanded back to just above the ink after fixing weep holes. Used my new gun & gave them 2 coats of varethane. The only thing I see real closely is a few tiny pin holes on a few lenses. But there might be some lighter black rings from sanding weep holes.The other one was Seawitch Test #1 which is likely going to Australia for $250 US + shipping. This was one with light blue, & you can see how it was used to adjust the art for lenses on other tests. Still waiting on word on playfields in for clear for the next 3 prepaid guys.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPG

#1960 3 years ago

So the playfield has been changed to the guy in Australia wanting the better one. So now it is Seawitch #1 only $250 US ) $50 US shipping USA. Looks like it is going to USA. Now full speed ahead with yellow production ones.

#1962 3 years ago

The playfields have been cleared 3 & 3. 3 inked Star Gazer should be ready. Thursday or Friday pickup.

#1964 3 years ago

It is going to be a rain day Thursday. The finished playfields that were cleared & 3 ink Star Gazer are ready for pickup Friday. Along with 2 Seawitch glass, 2 Star Gazer glass, & 2 Catacomb glass for Marco Specialties. I should have a bunch of playfields ready for printing next week.

#1967 3 years ago

For all the guys patiently waiting to get a Seawitch playfield that are not prepaid. This summer should be the time, or later this year. Things are moving ahead but sometimes there are setbacks. Not happy with the sealing coats of the latest bunch of Seawitch (4). So they get sanded & try again.
Here are the playfields picked up Thursday evening. The new clear coat guy is doing a great job. Like I said he likes to install the white Star Rollovers during the clear process. So 1 Star Gazer has a sticky one which I will try to free. Not bad 1 out of 12 not moving freely easily. So the new owner may have to clean themselves if not happy. Also did not realise a defective one in another which I cut out & replaced with a good one. 3 Star Gazer ink only should be picked up Friday of which 2 are going out that way for owners to have finish clear. The next 3 prepaid Seawitch playfields along with the 3 Star Gazer will get painted gray backside & shipped next week.

IMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG
#1973 3 years ago

No I got to keep costs in line & seal myself. Correct anything before they go for printing. Took the afternoon off my day job & painted the backside of the 6 playfields. Picked up the 3 Star Gazer inked playfields & glass for Marco Specialties (2 Seawitch, 2 Star Gazer, 2 Catacomb). I will likely update Late Saturday night.

#1974 3 years ago

Saturday was spent getting 6 playfields boxed. Looking at the 3 Star Gazer ink only playfields. Fixing the sealing playfields of which I should have the next bunch ready for printing this week (Seawitch!). Contacting the next group of 3 Seawitch prepaid, 1 playfield has a minor chip near the botton top left green lense, & the lense on the right blue 3 has 3 tiny lines that looks like the finish clear gun came in contact. So if none of the 3 wants that one #2 then they wait for the next group. #4 is the best, & 3 is very close. Here are pictures of #2 Seawitch. There are 4 & 4 playfields boxed (other last Seawitch test sold has all the glass leaning against it. Stack of gameboard quality playfield blanks minus the 20 in for Seawitch cnc. Contacted the next 3 in line guys to see what their choice is or not.

IMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (resized).JPG

#1975 3 years ago

Bunch of playfields going out late Monday. Sending Seawitch #2 back for either buffing or another coat of clear to fix. Working on a bunch of Seawitch for sealing coats for printing.

#1976 3 years ago

So I am ordering 2500 - 3/4" trans blue plain. 2500 - 3/4" trans green plain. 2500 1" trans blue plain. These are coming from: www.northernprecisionplastics.com The same manufacturer for 1000+ Stern yellow arrows I custom ordered.
Still working on getting playfields sealed for printing & waiting on cnc of Seawitch playfields.

1 week later
#1980 3 years ago

So 3 of the 4 production ones have gone out for Seawitch prepaid guys. #2 is waiting for work with the clear coat guy with the next bunch. 5 next went in for printing. I need to pull 2 of the next group for a couple of guys that were not happy with test ones sold (1 got resold & the other will go up for sale after he gets a production one). Working on the last Seawitch to go for printing, & last 6 Star Gazer being worked on also. Still waiting on the 20 blanks to be cut.

#1983 3 years ago

I will finally have sometime to go through the list the end of May. All playfields will be in for printing by then Seawitch & Star Gazer. Going to the shop tonight & I will get a count. There is 1 Seawitch that needed a bunch of lenses changed out to being to sunken. Talked with the sign shop & it is now June for my cnc slot. So I will likely double down for 40 Seawitch playfields. You would think people read the sale info for tests clearly spelled out but 1 came back & went out again to another happy person. 3 at the top 4 of list have or on the way, & 1 is waiting for the next bunch. Others on the list some went for ink only, & 4 people refunded so far. I will be back late tonight to update the numbers.
Back from the workshop. Remaining playfield totals: 14 Seawitch (1 in for finish clear fix, 5 in for printing, 8 getting ready for printing) & 8 Star Gazer (1 in for finish clear, 7 getting ready for printing 1-2 weeks). Should be 10 Seawitch for prepaid guys, 1 or 2 likely not perfect ones for others.

#1988 3 years ago

Thanks #1 & #3 sent out. #2 is waiting for the next new playfield boards. The playfield in for surface marks with the clear coat will go out next. The clear coat guy is waiting on the 5 in for printing. I think another 4 Seawitch are ready to go to the printer but I will second check them Friday. Another 2 & 1 Star gazer got a first coat after previous sealing & weep hole repairs. All playfields in the shop should be ready for printing the end of May! If I a have this all done I will contact the owner of the cnc shop & try to get the 20 cut ASAP. They are saying first 2 weeks of June now. Like I have said I will try & track down the list the end of May when I have time. 1 of the 2 guys is on the list, & is waiting on production with finish clear coats. I will be taking a break this weekend from production & going out of town to enjoy some country air with a pinball buddy.

#1989 3 years ago

Next 4 Seawitch ready to go for printing next week. No word on the 5 already there. Getting the last ones ready. I would guess all remaining playfields ready for printing by June 1 (mostly the bunch of Star Gazer).

IMG_0077 (resized).JPGIMG_0077 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPG

#1992 3 years ago

5 seawitch playfields were printed along with 2 glass & 2 catacomb glass. I will let people know the status later this week. The next 4 Seawitch will go in for printing.

#1994 3 years ago

Playfields & glass picked up from the printer. Playfields went to clear coat guy & it night be a week or more to get them done. Next 4 Seawitch & 1 Star Gazer playfield into printer late Wednesday. Working on the last 10 mix of Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields.

#1995 3 years ago

The clear coat contractor has been working on his truck the last 2 weeks. I would think the playfields will be done this week. Friday the printer contacted me the recent playfields were printed within 24 hours. Working on more playfields for printing. Everything at the shop should be ready for printing (mostly remaining Star Gazer). I have enough lenses for 20 next Seawitch playfields that hopefully will finally be cut early June (1-15). Still waiting on Northern Precision Plastics to accept 50% deposit on 7500 lenses. My first order for arrows I had to pay in advance, & got hit with overage production later. My shipment of Red Rollover inserts (200+) & white stars shipped May 5 is still in the postal system (PBR is my source for these over the years). Did not show up on Friday, so this week may appear. I buy my lenses mostly from Marco Specialties (Foremost Plastics), & some available from Pinball Life. Thanks to all these sources for trying to allow playfields to be produced by us minor manufacturing guys! I hope to send surplus ones back to Marco Specialties to help others looking for a few or many. Most people did not clue into the shortage of all lenses even before the pandemic.

#1996 3 years ago

The clear contractor should have the playfields cleared today. Friday: pick up cleared playfields, delivered inked playfields for clear, & next 2 Seawitch ready for printing. Working on the last 2 Seawitch & 6 Star Gazer to go for printing. Still waiting on the next 20 Seawitch playfields to be cut (cnc). The plan was to ramp up production to 20 playfields per month starting in May. Still trying to get 100+ done this year if possible. Pinball Resource stuff came in almost a month in the US Postal System for the next 100 playfields!

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG
#1999 3 years ago

Seawitch playfields: early Friday morning I got word that 12 of 20 new playfields got cut. They may have done the other 8 later that day or coming week. As soon as I see everything is ok another 20 will go in for June. Picked up the cleared playfields & the next 4 are there for next week. Still working on the last bunch of remaining playfields.
Working on trying to get Marco Specialties restocked. So far 2 Star Gazer glass, 1 Star Gazer playfield, 1 Seawitch glass ready to ship this week. I had some surface defects on front glass to 3 Seawitch glass & 2 Catacomb. There are 2 Catacomb to check Sunday night. I am ordering another 15 tempered blanks now for July to try & complete their order & others looking for a glass.

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG

#2000 3 years ago

Seawitch Playfields are now in the fast track mode for my slow production. So like I have said recently the goal is 100+ playfields of mostly Seawitch & minor demand Star Gazer (June - December 2020). As of today all 20 next generation Seawitch playfields will be on old game individual board stock (2 are cnc at a time). Star Gazer will remain using traditional 1/2 inch 4 x 8 sheet of hard maple veneer good both sides on Baltic birch core (4 playfields cnc at a time). I will post pictures later when they are picked up late Friday afternoon. The next 20 blanks will go in for hopefully late June cutting, & I talked with the owner.
Graded the 5 playfields ready & 1 went back to fix clear. 2 were Grade #1, & 3 have issues.

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPG

#2001 3 years ago

B & E playfields went out today. B was a grade A, & E had tiny weep holes to yellow arrows & minor surface burn from sanding. These were to guys buying earlier ones that were not happy. C is a grade A but has a milky Shoot Again lense, & some other lenses have silvering ingrained to bottom of some lenses. If your not prepaid there are going to be a constant supply of Seawitch playfields with some issues. I hope to get more Grade A level playfields going forward. Already started getting production going on the 20 Seawitch playfields picked up from the sign shop that does my cnc work. Another 20 go in the end of June to be ready for July.

IMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPG
#2003 3 years ago

I have been working on new old stock playfield stock (about 100 for Seawitch production). The last bunch have received finished clear & will be picked up this weekend. The 10 mostly Star Gazer & a few Seawitch still need to get ready for the printer. Last night was a heavy beer drinking night, so I will respond to pm tonight or Saturday. Here are the 9 of 20 with lenses installed & ready for sanding, & the 3 Seawitch. I will reach out to prepaid guys & new people interested in ones not grade A this weekend when the others also come in.

IMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPG
#2004 3 years ago

Picked up the latest playfields finished clear + 1 previous Seawitch that got fixed. So picture of previous 3 are A, D, & F to be graded. Same with the latest will be graded, G,H,I, & J. 1 Star Gazer. The clear coat guy is now leaving on the masking on the bottom from printing. I remove to roll on gray paint. It will be early July to get all remaining Star Gazer & Seawitch into printing. Along with the next 20 Seawitch. 10 have lenses in & I will be doing the remaining 10 this week.
There is a Special package deal ready to go: playfield D has a number of lenses that have a bumpy surface to some lenses in the middle right & top right blue 1 inch lenses. $500 US Seawitch backglass that has tiny pinhole depressions to surface of tempered glass (art on back is perfect) $200 US + $50 US shipping to USA only on the package. If there is only interest on the playfield + shipping I will go that route in 2 days.

IMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPG
#2006 3 years ago

There should be 3-5 ready for prepaid guys. If you figure you should be in this group send me a pm. I got the playfields painted on the back. Still need to grade them.

IMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPG
#2010 3 years ago

There are 2 more left grade A. 1 guy reached out. I believe I am 5 - 8 on that list. My focus is to keep pegging away. There are others farther down or refunded. So help me out from trying to track down through pages of pm & emails. I still have not found my master list from my move. There were playfields with some insert alignment off. I will update late tonight.

#2014 3 years ago

#8 & #16 I think are receiving a playfield already there. There are 2 that are Grade A. F has a shoot again lense with a molding line towards the bottom. A has a slightly foggy shoot again lense & I thought it also was a little wavy clear to the upper right Special & to the right. I now cannot see it so maybe it is just a lighting angle. It should be a hidden area mostly anyways. All the 3 orange lense sizes from Foremost Plastics have issues, very few are perfect!
I will be going away to a cottage this weekend. 3 Seawitch & a Star Gazer missed a late pick up by UPS today. This evening I got 2 Seawitch ready for the printer, 2 more are getting fixed. The next 20 new generation playfield cnc ones are standing by, & the 10 will get the inserts glued next week.
There are 2 playfields with some lenses off, & are priced at $500 US + $50 US shipping to USA for new customers not prepaid. G & H pictures below.

#2015 3 years ago

I will sort out the pictures & more info late Sunday. I am off in the morning & will be on vacation for a day+.

#2018 3 years ago

Back from the cottage & going to the workshop. There are 2 playfields with some lenses off & for sale discounted to $500 US + $50 US shipping to new USA only customers in 2020.

IMG_0064 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (1) (resized).JPG
#2022 3 years ago

Yes these 2 must be the mix of 24 test playfields cut & the final adjustments made. Early ones were also off up top lane blues. These are mostly 10k green bonus, shoot again, left extra ball lense, & maybe the top of yellow arrows (mostly left one). People have a look & really have to look for it (since you usually do not see it on current reproductions. Back during the original game manufacturing many or all might of been used if they did not have better playfields ready for the line. Star Gazer was way easier than Seawitch to get into final production. The latest 20 production ones on thicker old game board stock I want to get a few printed before I get next 20 cut. I have to fill in with epoxy the 20 here for shooter gauge. They did the opposite of making dimple marks, drilled larger holes through. The early tests have a large hole at the bottom (which I did not fix). Shit happens with contractors, & maybe myself.
Here are pictures of the 5 Seawitch & 1 Star Gazer playfields ready for pick up late Monday.

Also I still have the 2 Seawitch backglass with tiny pinhole size depressions to the front of the tempered glass (maybe 6 -12 overall, art is perfect on the backside). So I will discount to $200 US & $50 US shipping I will do for free. So if you are just following playfields thread, & you have a poor Seawitch glass here is your chance to get a cheap replacement to USA only!

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

#2029 3 years ago

Thanks! July 1 was my 56th birthday. So drinking & doing time with my wife of 31 years July 15. So back to more playfield production. My wife will not let me visit my brother in Austin, Texas this year. Here we had no new Covid cases for over 2 weeks. Just got 2 new ones from travel out of province. Sucks I could of got airfare return for $300 US! We are lucky only about 65 deaths out of a million, 54 were from a single large senior complex. Stay safe & wear a mask!

#2036 3 years ago

I got the inserts ready for the next 10 of 20 old stock playfield blanks. The others are ready for sanding. The 2 discounted ones are still here & might be going to Ebay.

#2038 3 years ago

So there will be one available with some lense alignment issues. I think 2 are ready from printing & will get picked up late Friday or next week. It will be a few weeks for me to get others done for finish clear. The contractor does 4 or more each time. So I am working on a few for printing next week. Marco Specialties has a Star Gazer, & has not listed the Classic Stern Yellow Opaque Ribbed Arrows yet (100). I probably will have a lot available if others need that one for playfield production. Sanding the 10, & have lenses ready to be installed in other 10. Next group of 20 Seawitch on old playfield stock.

IMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPG

#2039 3 years ago

Almost finished the inserts on the 20 next generation Seawitch on old pinball gameboard stock. I looked at what is left & only 1 Seawitch to get ready for printing. There are 6 Star Gazer I am getting ready for printing. My next tempered glass order should be here in early August.

#2040 3 years ago

So I am getting close to having hopefully all 20 next generation Seawitch printed in August. I have the last 1 to glue 4 inserts. 18 are or ready for sanding.

#2041 3 years ago

Final Seawitch is going in for printing this week. Now on to the next 20 next generation of up to 100 playfields. 18 are ready for sanding.

#2044 3 years ago

The last 6 are getting close to printing. Then I will get 8 -12 cut that should meet any demand to the end of the year in September. It will be from 4 x 8 sheets like all Star Gazer production. The 6 are likely all spoken for unless there are discount ones.

1 week later
#2045 3 years ago

So I needed a breather from pinball playfields. The heat & work load here doing my regular job plus other tasks over Covid wore me out. So I should be getting back to playfields on Monday. Had a minor emergency visit to the hospital from work. My province is now planning & getting aggressive for the next wave of Covid. Everyone for the most part will be wearing masks in public places the end of the month. We have very few cases or death from the pandemic in Atlantic Canada. My city job 6 days a week continues (1 of only 2 union workers left). They have assigned more duties to me to fill in for public pools that remain closed. There was 4 workers in my area, 1 has been off for close to a year & my co worker a term employee was ended in April.

#2047 3 years ago

Thanks spending the weekend outside the city this weekend. Back to production on Monday night. The clear coat guy has also taken 2 or more weeks off with a wedding at his house.

1 week later
#2049 3 years ago

So this has been a hot summer here with no AC at the shop. The clear coat contractor has 4 playfields finished. I have had nothing ready for printing in weeks. The weather is still hot & I will slowly get some ready over the next few weeks. Sunday August 16 my regular 6 day a week City job returns to 1-9 pm shifts. So I will be able to work a few hours in cooler temperatures. 20 Seawitch & remaining few Star Gazer get done hopefully before Fall. I still have not got lense order done & might be into the Fall for more playfields. Marco Specialties & Northern Precision Plastics have not responded to how many to produce. I will go 1000 of each or 2500 if Marco Specialties is buying 1000-1500. There is a world wide shortage of blue & green trans in 3/4" & 1" blue. I will have pictures in a week of the cleared playfields.
With Covid since March my employer has ended 1 contract employee work, 1 has been off with a sick wife who has passed away, other worker is a lead hand, & myself to look over City Public Swimming Pools. My workload has grown into other areas, & if you do the numbers the bulk of the work falls on me!

#2051 3 years ago

I was sick Monday, might of been a bad beer. Nothing like having a buddy give you shit beer that been there forever cooking in the heat. I still should see the 4 playfields that were finished clear last week, & try to get some more ready for printing next week. Hope to test out the new Seawitch playfields for printing before the end of August.

1 week later
#2056 3 years ago

So the weather is starting to cool down. This week I have my right knee & hip bothering me. At my city job 6 days a week we lost 2 of the 4 workers. So the bulk of the work is on me, & I am doing other work besides City Public Pools which are now coming back on line (indoor). I will update on the weekend.

#2062 3 years ago

Guys I am still alive & production will finally ramp up in September. This new shop is bigger but has no AC! I am now looking for another job within my City. Put in almost 25 years 6 days a week, but it is time to find another job with a regular 40 hour week. With Covid the work force has been reduced. The printing & clear coat was fine on the last 4 playfields. CPR is taking 700 classic stern yellow opaque arrows for what ever their needs in the future. 1 Seawitch left & 5 Star Gazer on thinner plywood. Next 20 Seawitch playfields are going through sanding & any repairs for weeping around lenses. 1 Seawitch had a weep hole missed on top bonus X. 1 Seawitch may be a replacement (long story), & 1 Seawitch has a funky shooter lane. Star Gazer was great! I will let people prepaid know soon whether 2 or 3 of these are available. Still sitting on the one with some lenses off.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#2063 3 years ago

Missed hopefully the last prepaid Star Gazer & Seawitch customer. So his 2 are going out now. Waiting to see about the other 2 Seawitch guys notified.

#2065 3 years ago

The list is moving along for Seawitch. I continue to spend my time doing my 6 day a week job & playfields. The next 20 Seawitch should blow through remaining people. Those contacted still trying to figure out if they want to wait or receive playfield. I have to go to the shop for UPS.
The playfield with lenses off, very early cnc one is now $400 US shipped to USA if anyone is interested.

#2066 3 years ago

3 or more should be off the list. I should have about 10 in for printing before the end of the month. Last one is a discount one getting ready. All future Seawitch playfields are old stock custom playfield wood blanks.

#2067 3 years ago

I found out the tempered glass ordered almost 2 months ago never got done. The plant, 1 of 3 vendors used had their tempering line down. So another month or more from another one to do the orders missed from everyone assigned that plant. The remaining Star Gazer playfields & then some are spoken for. It will be the end of this year to get more done needed for this previous group or others. This Fall should see all 20 Seawitch playfields done & gone by xmas to take care of all the remaining prepaid guys & others wanting a discounted playfield with issues.
Pictures of discounted playfield that I believe is sold waiting on payment. Almost all lenses off for alignment mostly minor, major ones 10K green, right upper special, 2X, & 4X
All the 3 Seawitch are going, 2 on list & 1 problem one replacement.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG
#2070 3 years ago

I was one of the pioneers years ago for direct ink - uv inkjet printing. Not me but the printers, & I never screened any art. Too much work, & not a good system for playfields on demand. Just getting back into full production when I can now that the weather is cooling down. So far 80+ Star Gazer, & 30+ Seawitch playfields done. Working on the next 20 Seawitch group, & about 5 Star Gazer (all spoken for).

#2074 3 years ago

Pop bumpers seem pretty good now on Seawitch. All stuff finally got picked up by UPS today.

#2076 3 years ago

Not much got done over the summer with no AC at the shop & covid. My plan is to get the 20 Seawitch finished this fall. I have put in for a new position with the City as a cement finisher which is 5 days a week. Not the 6 days I have worked for 24 years now as a pool operator. The hours are better 8-4, not 1-9pm. This summer I barely got to the shop before my shift, & exhausted at the end of the day. I have had knee & hip pain this summer, since we lost a lot of co workers off or terminated due to cost reduction.

People on the prepaid list & those that have shown interest should finally get through the wait this Fall. All the remaining Star Gazer are spoken for, & I am still waiting almost 3 months for tempered glass blanks. The construction industry is flat out in over drive in Canada for new commercial buildings.

CPR has received 700 classic yellow arrows from the 1000+ I had to get specially made for Seawitch. So they now have those for what ever classic Stern game that uses them. People can figure out what playfields might be coming up later this year or next from them. Marco Specialties received 100 for people looking for a few. I have another 188 for more Seawitch (94) after this run. I still have not firmed up whether I try to order minimum lenses myself that are needed for both titles Star Gazer & Seawitch. Buy more with Marco Specialties getting stock (seems like few pinball parts companies want to stock lenses anymore). 3/4" trans blue & green, 1" trans blue are not available which I need about 1000+. There are a few others that are hard to source also.

So at the shop the 20 Seawitch on old stock game board, 1 other likely a B grade, & 5 Star Gazer. I will know at the end of this year whether I continue on as a small playfield producer for these 2 playfields. Or wind down the playfield & backglass hobby business as a one man show with contractors at the end of 2020. I know the contractors, suppliers, resellers, & UPS would like me to continue. But maybe it is time to let the big boys take over the market for these items.

Anyone on the prepaid list should finally get a playfield this Fall in this group. Should see them moving along now that the weather is cooling down, & hopefully I get a normal 5 day a week job. If not more refunds will be going out.
Finally I have been in this hobby working on hundreds of games over 22 years in my area & still do. Many techs & operators are long gone over the years here. I have been doing direct ink restorations on old playfields long before the big boys got into it. Took the shit over using uv inkjet technology over the traditional screening of each color. So 13 years ago I was one of the first & now almost 8 years to hopefully end getting the remaining Seawitch prepaid guys their playfield.

Lucky to still be alive at 56 & for the most part enjoying the pinball playing still on new & old games. I share the shop with the local big operator, & do his service work when needed. I still cringe at the stock of parts & cardboard boxes & materials needed to ship out these items.

Thanks to everyone who prepaid Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields & others who have bought one or more over the last 7+ years! Pinball playfield production is VERY HARD, & I have had my failures over 13 years.

#2082 3 years ago

Good news today at my city job. Maybe my almost 25 years service has some seniority with the cement finisher job. So I do my Sunday pool operator job, & they I have me working a full week working with the crew. Give me a couple of weeks & hopefully a bunch of playfields get finished.

#2085 3 years ago

Yes to Australia that got Star Gazers this year. So this Fall should see Seawitch from the next group of 21. Just getting ready for testing this week as a cement finisher for my City 8am-4pm, depot where I started 24 years ago. Only production playfields at the shop, all finished ones have new homes.

2 weeks later
#2089 3 years ago

Back to my regular 6 day a week public pool operator with the city. Since trying out for sidewalks for a week it has put me in a lot of pain. I returned to my 6 day a week pool operator job. So if people do not know my medical history I had a bone spur to my right foot heel operated on 2 years ago. Had it operated on, but I continue to have a painful knee & hip (also feels like someone kicked me in the right nut!). So after a week I just started high dosage over the counter ibuprophen. I had a MRI on my hip & waiting on my right knee.

Still waiting on tempered glass blanks prepaid almost 3 months ago. 1 Star Gazer should be printed & 4 more getting ready & working still on the 20 Seawitch.

#2091 3 years ago

With Covid it is hard to see a doctor. Off the max strength Ibuprophen & on to generic drugs for my pain & inflamation. Hope to get back to playfields this weekend.

#2093 3 years ago

***BAD NEWS*** So the summer my health issues continued with my right knee & right hip. Thought it was mostly with my knee but after a ambulance trip to emergency on Friday. The doctor said my hip was not bad like I thought, but blown out. So I have grinding & the muscle group from my butt & down my leg is super tight. So I have been home on drugs barely able to walk for 2 days. So Monday I will see if I can retire early from my 6 day a week job, & do what I can towards pinball stuff. I have a friend that helps to get stuff to the printer & clear coat guy. I will see what can be done for my hip & or knee surgery in the future. Also got the news that I should get off drinking beer, seriously watch what I eat, get off bread & meats. Only eat simple 1 ingredient foods, like a vegan. So I will try to go on a diet & shed some of the weight to take the load off the body.
I am going to stop giving time lines that I always seem to miss. So stand by & I will post 2 or more times a week of what is going on. The 5 Star Gazers are spoken for, & the same for the 20 Seawitch. Still waiting after 3 months for the tempered glass order to arrive.

#2096 3 years ago

So the tempered glass order finally came in (15). If you have requested a Stern: Star Gazer, Seawitch, Nineball, or Catacomb backglass please let me know again. Marco Specialties is looking for 10+ of the 15, so I will try & do previous requests as a priority before doing all of theirs. Reorder more tempered blanks for December to get caught up.
I requested early retirement from my 6 day a week job the last 25 years for November 1 & off work for medical reasons this month. I am slowly coping with the pain to my right leg. Might be years for free surgery in Canada. Today I got a few things done at the workshop. So things should improve even though I am slow or limited to the duration of time I can work.
I will post some pictures of playfields being worked on next week. Other stuff is ongoing for more playfields later this Fall for Seawitch & Star Gazer as I still work on sourcing thousands of inserts.

#2097 3 years ago

Opened the tempered glass last night. They put the BUG or Stamp on the glass for proof of being tempered & mfg. NO STAMP LOGO was on the invoice as requested. They did follow the packing requirements for cork spacers & cardboard wrap bundles of 5. So the 5 standard playfield glass will be kept, & they will pick up the 15 glass blanks. So likely early December for replacements, & I will place another order the end of the month.

#2101 3 years ago

This stuff happens more than you would think for tempered glass. People do not read the requirements, only the size! So hopefully they replace it quick, & I will order more for this year. I am ready to get the last 4 Star Gazer ready for sealing, & working on the 20 Seawitch.

IMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG
#2103 3 years ago

Still with my health problems all playfields here should ship by December. Start up with another 20 of Star Gazer & Seawitch before the end of 2020.

1 week later
#2107 3 years ago

Here is pictures of the playfields in production. I picked up the lone Star Gazer from the printer. Had to do some more weep hole repairs around lenses to 1 test Seawitch & 4 remaining Star Gazer. Still doing epoxy repairs to the first 20 production ones. Finally after 2+ weeks finally managing my constant pain & poor sleep. Saw my doctor on Friday, sending me again for hip x-ray since the last one was 2019 (had a mri done 2019).

Still trying to get what is here at the shop done & shipped before xmas 2020. My early retirement was October 7 from my 6 day a week job of 24+ years. So now I can do pinball or other service work in the future until I drop dead! Not much of a pension for my wife & I (56 years old).

For 2021 I still hope to meet any demand for these 2 titles. But it is extremely hard to get lenses molded. Marco Specialties is one of the few trying with myself to get Northern Precision Plastics involved. Foremost Plastics is even harder to deal with. So until I can source the few large number lenses. I will not be cutting anymore playfields. CPR got 700 of the yellow arrows for Stern production from me this Fall.

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2110 3 years ago

I go to the shop almost every day & peg away. Finally sleeping better the last week, & not much hip & leg pain. I see my surgeon the end of the month, & will get x-rays again for my hip.
My goal is to have all the playfields at the shop done before xmas & gone. The 20 Seawitch production playfields are getting final epoxy repairs around lenses. Should see them going for printing mid November - early December. I will be ordering the needed lenses in December from Northern Precision Plastics. More Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields will be cut in December.
Working through my health issues, but I am happy to retire from nearly 25 years with my City. Not missing the grind of 6 day a week, 48 hours straight time in my union contract. The stress has gone from having to deal with this job! Still happy to spend my retirement working on pinball, & other amusement stuff.

Listened to Kaneda about Mirco Playfields. His theory about uv inkjet printing is wrong. My best guess is that the playfields are not being allowed to cure properly over time. The biggest thing I have said for about 12 years is you do not finish clear coats until there is no evident ink smell! Also maybe not enough sealer coat is being done before inking the playfields. CPR & Mirco have switched to uv inkjet production. It still is not 100% bullet proof for production contrary to what is said. Also there are all kinds of variables in playfield production. Which I find interesting being in the smallest group of playfield manufacturers.

1 week later
#2112 3 years ago

Had to focus on some service work since my last post. The local operator has restrictions on operations, & has had a location shut down for months. The last 2 days I have been fighting a cold, & hopefully see my surgeon on Friday. Met with my cardboard box manufacturer & placed a order for 50 outside playfield box later this month. They will be moving to another location early December along with the equipment. So the 24 inside box are left to get out the playfields this year 2020. The tempered glass arrived at the printer late last week, & should start printing. The lone Star Gazer is going out, & the last group is still getting ready for printing. The 20 Seawitch production should still be printed this year & hopefully all cleared & gone by xmas. I will update on the 23rd, a month before xmas.

IMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG
#2114 3 years ago

4 Star Gazer & 1 last Seawitch test going to the printer. Very close to pushing through the 20 Seawitch production playfields over the next few weeks to the printer.

#2115 3 years ago

The playfields got to the printer & I got 4 Star Gazer & 2 Seawitch backglass. Cardboard outside box (50) for playfields ready for pick up next week. Got to see my surgeon today. I will have to wait until my right hip is extremely bad, he said it could be 9 months or 9 years. I have to just keep active until I can barely move, or the pain gets really bad. The 20 Seawitch production playfields should all be at the printer the first 3 weeks of December, & hopefully all gone before the end of the year. 12 more Star Gazer playfields will be cut early December, & 24 Seawitch before xmas. The lense order will be going out the end of the month.

#2116 3 years ago

Up early, & will up the next Star Gazer cnc order to 20 playfields over the next few weeks. Hopefully this takes care of any remaining demand for the next 6 months, & start ramping up Seawitch over the winter months to meet that demand.

#2118 3 years ago

Not so bad surgery is free in Canada.

#2121 3 years ago

Plywood for 20 Star Gazer playfields went into the sign shop that does the cnc work. 50 outside playfield cardboard box to the workshop. I just got a new sander & will go over the Seawitch playfields before they get sealed. The goal is to have the 20 Seawitch playfields all inked before xmas, & some finished clear before that also.

#2123 3 years ago

There will be 6 sheets of plywood, hard maple both sides baltic birch core 1/2" cut into Star Gazer playfields (24) done in December. It does not mean I focus on these. They are to keep me busy until the next batch of Seawitch playfield blanks are cut, about 28.
I am down to the last 4 to receive major epoxy repairs, & then inspected for any final epoxy repairs (weep holes around lenses). So the 16 are ready for sealing (minimum 2 coats) & then off to the printer in batches over the next 3 weeks before xmas. So 20 production Seawitch should be all printed by xmas, & hopefully some finished clear coat ones on the way over the holidays.

#2125 3 years ago

The last Seawitch test playfield & 4 Star Gazer playfields were picked up from the printer & went for finish clear coats. I have changed up my production procedures & the production Seawitch playfields 5-10 will be at the printer next week. The goal is all for printing before xmas & most finish clearcoats. Things are speeding up now that I am retired & contractors can fast track stuff due to Covid demand! Even the next group of playfields should be cut this month.

#2126 3 years ago

9 of 20 ready to try again for 2 coats of sealing before printing. 11 very close, more epoxy repairs around lenses today. Now that I am retired & Covid restrictions I spend just about every day working on playfields. Still trying to get all printed before xmas. So the glass saga continues with 9 of 15 tempered glass (NO STAMP LOGO) at the printer being chipped (before tempering) or scratched at the factory. I had a Seawitch with a chip in the corner already printed, & going out to a customer over 3 years ago as a free warranty replacement. So another 20 tempered blanks that might show up before the end of 2020 & they will credit me the 9 in 2021. Manufacturing anything is hard these days, & playfields are a real beast!

IMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPG

#2127 3 years ago

Finally got my lense order done for 3/4" & 1" trans blue circle lenses for Seawitch & Star Gazer for 2021. There is a real problem with getting things needed this year!

#2129 3 years ago

Fighting a cold the last 2 days. Got the spray booth ready, & picked up the finish cleared playfields. Most have some minor issues, & I will be reaching out to those guys that wanted the Star Gazer. The last Seawitch test had lenses off mostly near the top & right arrow.

IMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG
#2130 3 years ago

New can of paint for the backs. Gave them 2 coats today. Worked on sanding & sealing Seawitch production playfields.

IMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPG
#2134 3 years ago

The first 6 of 20 Seawitch production playfields on thicker game board are ready to go to the printer this week, & should have more ready soon (this week).

#2135 3 years ago

The 6 Seawitch production went to the printer a few hours ago. Talked with him, & let him know all 20 will be there before xmas!

#2139 3 years ago

Got word today the next 24 Star Gazer playfields are now cutting. The next group of Seawitch for the printer should go in next week. Still trying to get all in before xmas, but it looks like the rest if not ready will go in before the end of the year. So it looks like the next group of about 30 Seawitch may start cutting before the end of the year. I would guess that the 2500 trans blue 3/4" & 1" round lenses from Northern Precision Plastics should arrive in January.

#2140 3 years ago

Boxed the 4 Star Gazer playfields tonight, & will reach out to interested parties. The last Seawitch test went out last week. No word from the printer on the first 6 production Seawitch. 4 more wrapped & ready to go. Maybe more ready before xmas, or the latest before the end of the year.

IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPG
#2141 3 years ago

20 Stern tempered glass blanks were to be delivered to the printer Wednesday, & 9 going back that were scratched or chipped for credit. The sign shop had the 24 Star Gazer playfields cut, & I started these to keep me busy over the holidays. So 6 Seawitch getting finish clear coats, & 5 at the printer. I will have another bunch or all remaining ones at the printer next week. The trans blue lenses are ready to ship when they return after Jan. 4 from Illinois, 3/4" & 1". I bought 2500 each & 1000 each will be sold to Marco Specialties. There is a real world problem sourcing lenses made in the USA, & it seems more are coming from China. The sign shop wanted me to hold off the next 32 Seawitch blanks until January for cutting. Happy Holidays!

#2142 3 years ago

***Price Increase On Star Gazer & Seawitch Playfields 2021 to $700 US Each*** I will extend the $600 US price until January 15, 2021 on Star Gazer, & January 31, 2021 on Seawitch. If you have not shown interest in the past with a email to [email protected], or a pm here. Please contact me to lock in the old price. Star Gazer playfields available in January, & hopefully all prepaid Seawitch in January. Already well into the next 24 Star Gazer, & the next 32 Seawitch should cut in January. So the 20 production Seawitch will be shipping in January & on to the next 32. The playfields in the future will be either printed & finish clear ready to ship. Or be standing by printing & finish clear coats. I am now fulltime into the pinball stuff now that I retired from my grinding 48 hour job the last 25 years. Shipping to USA/Canada is still $50 US.

IMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPG

#2145 3 years ago

People are good with previous price if they contacted me.

#2147 3 years ago

Should have the last few Star Gazer lenses installed Tuesday (seen on left). I am missing 3/4" trans blue circle lenses which have been manufactured & here before mid. January. Same with 1" ones (Seawitch), I have 1500 of each & 1000 each going to Marco Specialties. Pacing the printer & clear coat guy so remaining Seawitch production playfields will be sealed this week. Missing a few 1" opaque red lenses which I will order in from PBR.

IMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPG

#2148 3 years ago

Seawitch prepaid guys (who still have not got their playfield) please reach out to me again with your shipping info, phone number, & email. The 20 production playfields will be shipping in January 2021! Here is more info on my search for more playfield titles to work on now that I am retired. Got to keep busy!

So I will not do work that others are doing or can do again, or that people seem to have in the works (please let me know!). Seawitch prepaid guys left with out a playfield (many took a test version previously). The production 20 are slightly delayed as I have to pace the printer & clear coat contractor. As of Dec. 30, 6 finished clear & will be picked up next week, 5 in for finish clear, & the other 9 left likely 5 or 6 to the printer next week. The future pace is likely 4-6 with the printer or finish clear coat contractor every week. The new model now that I am retired & spend usually 8-12 hours at the workshop is to finally plow through projects in a TIMELY fashion. The new business model 2021 is to eventually have 2-4 of each playfield finished & ready to ship on hand, & have finished playfields ready to go to the printer when the number drops below 2. Art needs to be print ready (not a easy task!) which means full size test prints are done, corrections made, & you can not have for example wood or lense color in the file (that would be printed). A new playfield project art ready to go is going to be a 2-4 month process to do! Any project would likely move forward if realistically a minimum of 20 playfields could be sold in 2 years. Before anything gets rolling if licensing is required it would need the green light. In the future I am going to refrain from posting in threads about trying to get a certain title in the works. If art is print ready 300 dpi please contact me & I will see if it is possible. So for my fan club that keeps going on about the slow progress of my past Star Gazer & Seawitch production over the last 7+ years. Pinball Production is HARD! when you have a 6 day regular job & the sole worker as a hobby venture. All the Star Gazer prepaid guys have their playfields along with many new buyers previously, & many of the Seawitch prepaid & new customers have received test versions over the last year+. Production Seawitch playfields 20 will be gone in January 2021, & I will have 32 going in for cnc in January (they did not want them in over the holidays. Seawitch & Star Gazer 2021 playfields are waiting on the 3/4" & 1" trans blue circle lenses that I had made from Northern Precision Plastics. They should ship next week after they return from holiday vacation week for the business. Happy New Year!

#2153 3 years ago

Step right up for a playfield. Not all are Grade A, & some have dust which go up for sale. So far one guy has come forward on the prepaid list. He will likely get pictures late Sunday night to choose 1 of the top 3 of 6. I will spend Sunday grading & taking pictures. So today as you can see 6 finished cleared playfields back, 5 in for finish clear, 3 ready for the printer, & will try for another 3 or more (sprayed 5 tonight).
3rd title I am working towards Firepower 2 MAYBE! Have to see if available & if everything is a GO! First thing to contact Rick @ PPS to see if its a dead end.
There are either 3 or 4 Star Gazer getting ready for printing.

IMG_0062 (resized).JPGIMG_0062 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPG
#2155 3 years ago

There are no worries guys. Now that I have retired I will be plowing through playfields. The focus is still on Seawitch playfields this winter. Star Gazer demand is very little now. Like I said the next 32 Seawitch production playfields will likely be cut this month.

#2158 3 years ago

I will try to grade the 6 Seawitch Monday. Got 4 more ready for the printer. Working on the last 5 of 20 production ones. Working on the next 4 Star Gazer trying to get 2 done for Marco Speciaties. 1 Star Gazer is ready to go, N which did not get paid for. Bunch of playfields & glass going out Monday. 2 of the prepaid guys will be in this 6, & I will look for more later this week. Likely the next 5 will be here the end of the week from the clear coat contractor.

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG
#2159 3 years ago

3 best ones are likely going to the 3 prepaid guys & another might be waiting for the next group in for clear. People looking for a deal on ones with minor issues can contact me & I will see if a discount one interests you. Printing & CNC work is near perfect on all. Just problems with wood, my production or some dust in finish clear. Nothing is 100% perfect!

#2161 3 years ago

Guys I do not do pm or emails at the workshop. Just when I am home. If you need to reach me 902-402-7188 at the workshop day or early night.
Still looking for my next playfield title later this winter. Mirco seems to be doing everything that might be ok to do. No communication from him.

#2162 3 years ago

Pro#1 & 3 going out prepatd. Not Grade A Pro#5 & 6 to Australia. Waiting on prepaid #2 reply, & trying to figure out #4

#2163 3 years ago

So there is a discount playfield in the first batch up for grab hopefully to someone who has shown interest in the past. Pro#4 has 2 minor weep holes to bottom shoot again& left yellow arrow. There is a very visible plywood line running from the bottom & gets smaller to about 1" below the left Special. It has minor dust & would be a good candidate just to install & fill in the 2 weep holes with a pin & some crazy glue. Or go further & fix the line also & reclear. $500 US + $50 US shipping to USA. I will be at the shop today & will have a look at it again. 902-402-7188

IMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPG
#2164 3 years ago

Wrong pictures & I think this one is sold. So all playfields here are going out, & waiting on the next bunch. My lenses are on the way, & seeing when the 32 Seawitch blanks can be cut.

IMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG
#2165 3 years ago

Up early & off to the workshop. Got the call from the printer that glass is done & will see if another 4 seawitch got printed. Waiting on the 5 in for finish clear coats. Looking at moving to a larger location in March with the operator I do some service work with. My own space & share a service bay for games.

#2166 3 years ago

Picked up the 5 Seawitch from finish clear, & another 4 in. Still working on the 5 for the printer next week. The lenses are in Canada & waiting custom clearance. My future shop location is likely dead, the landlord does not give us a good feeling on doing business with.

#2167 3 years ago

The playfields are boxed. I will reach out to prepaid guys who have contacted me recently in the next 2 days. Working on future playfield titles with Rick PPS this winter on for low demand playfields for title 3 & maybe 4 now that I am retired.

#2168 3 years ago

Needed 3/4" & 1" trans blue lenses arrived late today. There will be no shortage of Star Gazer playfield this winter if you want one, & the next 32 Seawitch to be cut should do the same!

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG
#2169 3 years ago

Seawitch: For the guys on the prepaid list that have not received your playfield please contact me. I still have not had a time to update this list. I would guess 25-50% of these guys now have a playfield. There are 2 Grade A ones ready to go out, & I might have the next group of 4 back from clear this week. Another 4 in for printing late today, & likely done next week. 1 last playfield had a few tiny weep holes & will get ready to go in with the first group of Star Gazer playfield. Others looking for playfields they will be available this winter. Still waiting on the next cnc slot for the 32 Seawitch blanks.

#2181 3 years ago

Hopefully the end of next week I will be able to update this list. There was a person low on the list that is waiting for the best one (Super Nice). The only email or response was someone #10 I think on the list. I will reach out for his choice this weekend.
So today the 32 next Seawitch blanks are going for cutting this month. Working on Star Gazer next 24 until I get Seawitch back. So any prepaid that does not have a playfield or past interested party should get one in March 2021. Maybe a few done before March 1 is the goal! The 3rd title this spring is Big Game.
If people need the urge to talk with me 902-402-7188. My cell number since I am at the workshop every day.

IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG
#2184 3 years ago

Thanks for the help. Next 32 production playfields are in for cnc. Last 4 of 5 in for printing. Picked up the next 4 cleared Seawitch. So there are 2 previous ones available to prepaid & 2 with minor issues (2 guys are looking into these but these might be available). The 4 from clear I will let air out & paint the back early next week & grade.

IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPG
#2187 3 years ago

I got the 4 next Seawitch playfields painted on bottom with 2 coats of gray. Trying to sort through the lists here for a update this week. 85Txaggie is taking Pro#7. Pro#11 has already gone to Lovef2K (April 7, 2014, see posts 1884, 2023) Rich provided the Star Gazer donor playfield.
Pro#8 wood burn to pop bumpers left & middle to a customer not prepaid (years ago).
Pro#10 is available with very little dust in finish clear, but there is one dust particle above the apron near right flipper. Consider this Grade A
Pro#9 is available with minor wood burn top right target bank, & a slight depression in bottom right side of the shooter lane (lots of clear so just a weird result that will not affect the ball). This one will be discounted.
Yes the guys are trying to help me get through the backlog of prepaid guys still waiting. I am trying to go through all my pm & email to update the lists this week also. If you are prepaid & still have not got a playfield contact me also. trying to get out as many this month & into the next 32 next month!
Just reached out to: Tweaver he declined choices early this year. See what he wants to do. The next production 32 Seawitch will be using the same 3/4" & 1" trans blue lenses from Northern Precision Plastics.

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG
#2190 3 years ago

My mistake on the playfield donor. Mike Halse still remains MIA even though his phone takes messages. Seems like I missed a few guys at the top of the list.

#2193 3 years ago

So the guys have a choice for prepaid, get one now or wait about another month for production ones. The difference will be the trans blue lenses previously from Foremost Plastics which had some thermal fissures worse on the 3/4" than the 1". These lenses have finally all been used up in the last Star Gazer playfields 3/4". So if you want to wait the Northern Precision plastics are crystal clear for 3/4" & 1". The sign shop thinks the next 32 will cut later this month.
So right now discount Pro#9 & Pro#10 available, 4 here to grade Tuesday, 4 finished printing & the last one in, 4 in for finish clear. Working on 24 Star Gazer until the next Seawitch playfields are cut, & as you can see Big Game art being worked on locally.

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (resized).JPG
#2195 3 years ago

So the printer has all of the remaining Seawitch Production playfields printed. I am using Pro# to show how many are rolling out. So 24 of 24 printed, Pro#10 still available Grade A & Grade A Pro#12 - Pro#14 available, & Pro#15 had a fixed shooter lane bottom with epoxy & middle target bank had minor wood burn near the bottom front ($50 off) for sale.
So the last 4, 3 were very good & Pro#15 had noted stuff. Things are looking good & still waiting on guys prepaid to decide on these or waiting on a better one in the next cnc group. So it is looking like guys not prepaid can contact me if they become available this month.

IMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0137 (resized).JPGIMG_0137 (resized).JPG

#2201 3 years ago

My correction there are 20 Pro# or production playfields so far. The last 5 I bundled at the printer late today & they go for finish clear. So they will be back the end of the month. I am reaching out to people prepaid. They can take a Grade A one now or wait next month for better trans blue lenses. Please contact me if you are prepaid on what you want to do. If not those who have been waiting years ago & not prepaid can take a playfield if available. I am working towards lots of available Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields this winter. Well under way on hopefully a bunch of low demand other playfields for Spring.

#2207 3 years ago

So for those interested there are no perfect 100% lenses. The previous blue lenses were from Foremost Plastics, & the next future playfields will be Northern Precision Plastics. I buy lenses from Marco Specialties, Pinball Life, Pinball Resource, & likely PPS very soon. All lenses usually have some minor imperfections or very nice. I try to group them together, & even look at the color with them grouped in the same molding stamp. They can be different shades from the SAME molding machine. I try my best to offer a good playfield with the resources here. Even the crystal clear looking trans blue lenses some have molding fissures, & some 3/4" were not perfectly molded (47 out of 2500). I was also shorted 25 of the 1" ones of 2500 (write that off!). So the 1000 of each going back to Marco Specialties at a loss to me. I personally hand sorted & did 100 to a bag to help out people looking for these out of stock lenses. Trying to give something back to the pinball community. Most companies are moving away from ordering lenses, & going to China to source them now. Out of the 500 trans green 1" lenses I got from Marco Specialties 40 were defective only wafer size (too small & flat). Even from other suppliers there can be problems or issues. Same with the hassle people are experiencing from having them made in China.

#2209 3 years ago

A few have said the color is not perfect in their opinion. I will not change Seawitch or Star Gazer playfield art! They will stay the same for the production over the years. Same with my backglass. Future playfields that Rick at PPS wants will be color matched to his plastic sets made in USA & to his supplied art. The printer will have the plastic set on hand to compare to test samples before printing. Then some can bitch that those colors are not correct. Now lets hear from people about the difference in lense color from the same manufacturer & lense molding machine. I try my best, most people are happy to have a possible product or even better multiple choices to choose from to improve their pinball machine.

#2212 3 years ago

It is no sense to say like I always say. The art will remain the same for these 2 titles. People can have different versions of colors from the same production run done when they were made. I will go back to my direct ink Sorcerer days when I had 5 production ones with slightly different lense positions. Likely the same with colors, not all the same before I sanded them. Do not buy my products if you Do Not Like Them! & hope someone else either does the same playfield, hardtop, or overlay. From the start & to the end of my production run. THE ART WILL NOT BE CHANGED! My last rant to my color fan club for the colors on Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields (for today, likely more critics later).

#2214 3 years ago

Looks good to me. So does your dark blue version. It would be nice to see how your playfield was before restoration, & who did the work. Maybe that would get more playfields repaired by those with the skill sets to restore original ones. Mike from CPR use to restore his own before getting the company going. I stand by the art originally supplied to me. Do not have a very big art team. All I know is the majority of people are happy with the 100+ playfields to replace their worn or beaten playfields. I guess that is all I can do, let people have a choice & follow my own path. I am not a art guy or color specialist.
The playfields done on the oce arizona printer going on about 10 years has been very consistent in the end results the last 7 years of production. We will soon see more playfields done for more other titles. Along with many more Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields printed the same way from the start to end.

#2230 3 years ago

I will explain again that the art CAN be corrected. Many years ago the art for both Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields was supplied by Mike Halse. He has gone MIA many years back. The art supplied & the colors are followed over the many years of production, & will continue until I stop doing them. So the playfields & the back glass are the same over how many years I do them! Is it perfect to some of the purists NO. I do not have plastic sets here, & I do not make them. Same with playfields to compare the art to. People have a hard time believing that anything pinball manufactured in the past was 100% consistent over the 1000+ done of any title.
Going forward with future PPS titles I do. Rick wants the art for playfields adjusted to the plastic sets he has made by another vendor. He will be supplying the art files. Any other title for PPS like Firepower 2 will be art done independently & likely run as is. Unless Rick has plastic sets for those titles.
Big Game will be art as done here locally & see what happens.
For those that still do not know, I am not a art guy or color specialist. I hope this helps those that do not know I follow a plan from start to finish, without changing the colors over the production years.

#2246 3 years ago

I am home tonight. I just sent out a pm. There are Grade A & other discount playfields boxed & ready to go. The last 5 production of 20 should be ready the end of the week. The next 32 production Pro# Seawitch playfields are likely cutting this week. Some prepaid guys are waiting on this next group which will have trans blue lenses from Northern Precision Plastics. Pro#12 went out today along with all my backglass stock & 1000 of each trans blue lenses to Marco Specialties. 2 Star Gazer, 3 Seawitch, 2 Catacomb, 1 Nine Ball, & 1 Lightning to what ever they still had in stock. I have the next 30 Stern tempered glass blanks coming in around March 1. So there is no Classic Stern glass available from me until then. So playfield & glass orders going out together will be in March.

#2252 3 years ago

To stay consistent like I said over the years & until I stop doing Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields the art colors will not change. In the future the playfields for Bally & Williams (PPS) will be color matched to plastics supplied & art (both supplied by PPS).
The contractor that does my finish clear coats leaves the white star rollover plastics in place during his 3 coat process. A light hardner & 2 coats of OMNI. He manipulates them so they usually move freely. If they are still a little sticky you can carefully use a exacto knife to clean the white star in place or the red rollover insert. I have only had to clean a few so far with his process compared to the old days with a file for the bulk of Star Gazers done elsewhere with the stars installed upside down & removed after each spray (I do this with the water based Varethane Gloss to seal the playfields for printing).
The last few weeks going at the 24 Star Gazer playfields, & likely 8 have interested buyers for Feb 2021. If you want to reach me by phone 902-402-7188 or pm me. Thanks!

#2254 3 years ago

So Pro#10, Pro#13-Pro#15 ready to go out. Pro#15 is a discount playfield $50 off, has epoxy repair bottom of shooter lane, & minor wood burn to middle target bank. Pro#16-Pro#20 might be finished by the weekend.

IMG_0107 (resized).JPGIMG_0107 (resized).JPGIMG_0108 (resized).JPGIMG_0108 (resized).JPGIMG_0109 (resized).JPGIMG_0109 (resized).JPGIMG_0110 (resized).JPGIMG_0110 (resized).JPGIMG_0125 (resized).JPGIMG_0125 (resized).JPGIMG_0126 (resized).JPGIMG_0126 (resized).JPGIMG_0127 (resized).JPGIMG_0127 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0131 (resized).JPGIMG_0131 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0137 (resized).JPGIMG_0137 (resized).JPG

#2255 3 years ago

Off to the workshop. Have a look at the pictures above. Anyone who is prepaid or was interested in the past or now. Playfields are ready now. Starting the new plan of having around 3 Star Gazer finished & ready to ship out by the end of Feb. When the number drops from 3 the next group goes for printing & clear coats. The next 32 Seawitch are being cut & should be in place for the plan in March. Hoping by next month I have some future playfields ready to start in March.

#2258 3 years ago

If you want high res let me know with a private email for the next group. I use the lowest res for pinside. Pro#10 & Pro#14 going out to prepaid guys. Doing the UPS now. Pro#13 is Grade A but the 10k green lense is slightly distorted from molding underneath!

#2265 3 years ago

Star Gazer playfields will be available in 2 or more weeks. Still getting the first batch ready for printing next week. Seawitch playfields are available now unless the prepaid guys want a Grade A one. All my last glass stock went to Marco Specialties, so the next 30 tempered blanks ordered should be here the end of Feb.
So prepaid guys can take a playfield of their choice now Pro#13, or the last group in for finish clear when I grade them. I am sure the next 32 Seawitch playfields being cut will meet any demand left for awhile.

#2268 3 years ago

In the past they would restrict high res pictures. So if you want them give me a private email. No big deal. I will take high res & see if they are rejected here the next batch.

#2272 3 years ago

I am happy with my old flip phone & I do not like text messages. Same with pictures on a small digital camera number 3. They do not like hitting concrete the same as a expensive phones with camera feature! If you call & I do not answer call back later. Or I will call you back on my land line or email.

Seawitch update: As of the end of this month my classic Stern playfields go to $700 US each. Star Gazer already went up. So now is your final chance to lock in the old price of $600 US from 2020. Playfield pro#13 & pro#15 are ready for purchase now. Other prepaid guys are waiting for the next group of printed & in for finish clear coats or the next 32 in production (cnc). I have not heard about pro#16 - pro#20 being ready so he is likely working on the backlog of motorcycle tanks. Got word late today 24 of 32 next Seawitch playfields are cut & they expect the others will be ready for pick up on Wednesday.

Big Game is being worked on & might be in production for March.

821 posts in this topic match your search for posts by greatwichjohn. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield/page/3?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.