Topic Stats

• 1,896 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by greatwichjohn
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,017 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0074 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0073 (resized).JPG
IMG_0072 (resized).JPG
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0070 (resized).JPG
IMG_0069 (resized).JPG
IMG_0068 (resized).JPG
IMG_0067 (resized).JPG
IMG_0065 (resized).JPG
IMG_0066 (resized).JPG
IMG_0064 (resized).JPG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
IMG_0038 (resized).JPG
IMG_0037 (resized).JPG

There are 1896 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 38.
#1801 40 days ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Still waiting for my Stargazer Playfield. I have never seen so many excuses from a single person in my life.

He's already got their money, what does he care?

I guarantee you if it was deposit only and there was a payday ahead, this story would be written VERY differently. Dude just doesn't give a shit anymore.

#1802 39 days ago

Yes I do give a shit. Another few days of extreme pain to my right knee & leg. Same right foot I had operated on Nov 2018. I continue to struggle to get through my regular 48 hour job. I have extreme problems climbing stairs & getting into cars. Still waiting on my x ray from Friday.
Holiday Monday I did get to the shop did some light cleaning & sanded 2 Seawitch playfields. So stay tuned for pictures hopefully soon.

#1803 38 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Dude just doesn't give a shit anymore.

@plankalkul

Just curious man...

Did John personally wrong you somehow?

thanks,
-mof

#1804 37 days ago

Been following this thread for years, silently biting my lip.

It is like the keystone Cops meet the 3 stooges wrapped into one.

It is ALWAYS something.. sickness, injury, unforeseen disasters, acts of God.

Dude, not trying to come across harsh, but man up and get these guys their playfields.

Holy shit... <walks away>

#1805 37 days ago

A one man show unfortunately for me. Pinball parts production is hard, plus I try to have a balanced life besides my 6 day a week job the last 24 years.
I did get to the workshop tonight briefly to unwrap the playfields printed. The 2 Star Gazer had white star burst one inch lenses installed since the shooter lanes were a little funky for plywood. The Seawitch look good for production yellow arrows. The pictures were taken under harsh tube lights that are at the shop. March 2 I have to see my doctor about the x ray results to my right knee.
IMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPG

#1806 37 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

He's already got their money, what does he care?
I guarantee you if it was deposit only and there was a payday ahead, this story would be written VERY differently. Dude just doesn't give a shit anymore.

Quite some time back John offered up for everyone who wanted their money back. Anyone with money still riding this train and did not get off can only blame themselves if they don't like the terms.

I am not a prepaid and I don't think I am the only who is not prepaid. So my money is waiting in the wings as well as others. There is a payday coming for John. But if he was making a lot of money doing these two play fields I don't think he would be working at a day job. He is taking a lot of risk here. But you obviously don't appreciate that.

What do you do for a living by the way? Are you producing something and letting it all hang out? Or are you punching a time clock for someone?

#1807 37 days ago

People probably do not remember when I was a pioneer of uv inkjet production for playfield restoration about 12 years ago. Lost a lot of money doing free restorations slowly over the years. How times change, & I did get a trashing over that production. Was extremely hard to do & still is. Real playfield production is hard!

#1808 37 days ago

Hmmmm this sounds familiar.

“Real playfield production is hard!”

#1809 37 days ago

greatwichjohn Excited to see that there are finally SeaWitch fields with yellow arrow inserts! I will take one WITHOUT clear (it should ship straight to kruzman ) as soon as it is ready to go. Prepaid since August 29, 2013.

#1810 31 days ago

Update about a week. 4 playfields done final weep holes & waiting sealing coats again. Saturday I did get more Seawitch ready for any weep hole repairs. The 4 inked only playfields boxed (2 Seawitch done, & 2 Star Gazers before next week). The 2 Seawitch owners have been notified. Sorting out Star Gazer. Monday 1 Seawitch went in for printing, & 1 Seawitch glass for Australia. I have the area dedicated for spray sorted out. Need to hang plastic from ceiling, have wood rails along 8 foot lighting. So the booth should be finished this weekend. All the playfields now moved next to stack of playfield blanks. Cardboard for playfield box sets organised for use. My right knee & leg is still giving me pain. See what the Doctor says on March 2.

IMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG
#1811 31 days ago

john, I think that one thing lacking in your replies for those of us that have pre-paid and have been patiently waiting for 5+ years is where we are in terms of any sort of list.

you mentioned at one time that there are only about 20 people that pre-paid for a seawitch playfield. how difficult would it be to post that list and remove people from it as you've shipped their playfields out. I've always been as transparent as possible to my customers when I've done my projects, and this is the one thing that has had me scratching my head from the beginning.

#1812 30 days ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Been following this thread for years, silently biting my lip.
It is like the keystone Cops meet the 3 stooges wrapped into one.
It is ALWAYS something.. sickness, injury, unforeseen disasters, acts of God.
Dude, not trying to come across harsh, but man up and get these guys their playfields.
Holy shit... <walks away>

Well said.

#1813 30 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

john, I think that one thing lacking in your replies for those of us that have pre-paid and have been patiently waiting for 5+ years is where we are in terms of any sort of list.
you mentioned at one time that there are only about 20 people that pre-paid for a seawitch playfield. how difficult would it be to post that list and remove people from it as you've shipped their playfields out. I've always been as transparent as possible to my customers when I've done my projects, and this is the one thing that has had me scratching my head from the beginning.

This is a very good idea. Hopefully John does this for all existing and future customers.

#1814 30 days ago

I’m Seawitch #1 and haven’t been contacted.

#1815 29 days ago

My focus is trying to get these done. That being said I still have not located the prepaid Seawitch guys list. The boxes of paperwork have now moved 3 times, & I have not had access to my original Hotmail account. Please contact me here, if you have not done so in the past. If you see the previous Seawitch lists that gives you some idea. Also some have had refunds & are no longer waiting.
As for Seawitch #1 & the others prepaid & waiting. The one that is at the printer now will be the first with auto clear coats. I will try a private guy who does very small projects (cars), & is retired. If this fails I reach out to the CPR contractor. The art work & alignment looks good with production yellow arrows. The 2 non clear playfields are going to Ron for his finish work. These prepaid customers contacted me about this, & that is why it moved forward.
Saturday I should have my spray booth area set up & ready to go. I am scheduled to work 13 days straight, & will get a few hours in at the shop. Wednesday afternoon a bunch of playfields go out (Seawitch & Star Gazer with no clear coats going to Ron). I hope to have another bunch ready for printing the end of the week (ones pictured fixing weep holes by some lenses).
Going through the white arrow tests, only 2 left have decent inkwork that was not repaired for weep holes (F & G previously posted). This is not what should be done for the best looking playfields. Weep holes need to be fixed before printing. The 2 shown are $350 US + $50 US shipping to USA. They have wavy varethane clear, faint plywood lines on one, or visible sanding lines. The other 4 will have some minor ink loss & the worst has serious wood burn. They will be priced $200 - $300 US each + $50 US shipping USA.
I respond to messages usually 1 - 3 days. The Seawitch playfields with yellow arrows are looking very good! Standby in March to start seeing finished auto cleared ones going out.

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG
#1816 29 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My focus is trying to get these done. That being said I still have not located the prepaid Seawitch guys list. The boxes of paperwork have now moved 3 times, & I have not had access to my original Hotmail account. Please contact me here, if you have not done so in the past. If you see the previous Seawitch lists that gives you some idea. Also some have had refunds & are no longer waiting.
As for Seawitch #1 & the others prepaid & waiting. The one that is at the printer now will be the first with auto clear coats. I will try a private guy who does very small projects (cars), & is retired. If this fails I reach out to the CPR contractor. The art work & alignment looks good with production yellow arrows. The 2 non clear playfields are going to Ron for his finish work. These prepaid customers contacted me about this, & that is why it moved forward.
Saturday I should have my spray booth area set up & ready to go. I am scheduled to work 13 days straight, & will get a few hours in at the shop. Wednesday afternoon a bunch of playfields go out (Seawitch & Star Gazer with no clear coats going to Ron). I hope to have another bunch ready for printing the end of the week (ones pictured fixing weep holes by some lenses).
Going through the white arrow tests, only 2 left have decent inkwork that was not repaired for weep holes (F & G previously posted). This is not what should be done for the best looking playfields. Weep holes need to be fixed before printing. The 2 shown are $350 US + $50 US shipping to USA. They have wavy varethane clear, faint plywood lines on one, or visible sanding lines. The other 4 will have some minor ink loss & the worst has serious wood burn. They will be priced $200 - $300 US each + $50 US shipping USA.
I respond to messages usually 1 - 3 days. The Seawitch playfields with yellow arrows are looking very good! Standby in March to start seeing finished auto cleared ones going out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look great in the photos.

#1817 29 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm Seawitch #2, same story. See post #19 in this thread for the first two prepaid for Seawitch.

#1818 29 days ago

prepaid Seawitch list

Thankfully, a guy already made a list based off people's postings. Check and make sure you are on it. At the time of the list, it looks like 9 guys didn't share their dates yet. So your # may change a little. (No idea the accuracy or how current it is)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield/page/33#post-5104867

According to the list (until 9 more ppl get added):

mof #14 (of roughly 29.)

#1819 29 days ago

According to the list: sofaspud is #11......also Pm'd you about it John.

#1820 29 days ago

It looks to me like I should be Seawitch #3 per post 20 of this thread. Not sure why I'm not shown on the list.

#1821 28 days ago

FWIW I don't have any cash in pre-paids or purchased items from John. I've come close a few times, but never pulled the trigger.

Near the beginning of this thread 6 years ago John said he was only going to be making 40 Stargazer pfs. 3 years ago he posted he had made 74 Stargazers at that time. New people are seeing this thread years after it started and getting put on a SG and SW 'waiting list', and people are still getting SG playfields today. It has been said he works on SGs while waiting on Seawitch pf parts, but he's still causing/creating time to be spent working on new SGs that could be spent on Seawitch (or finding and going through boxes looking for pre-order paperwork). The problem with some of these new Seawitch pfs not being 100% and selling them as 'seconds' is that it makes new buyers happy, but still leaves those 5+ year people waiting. 'Seconds' by definition are usually several defective items from a massive run of product, not four items out of a run of five. The backglass reproduction, though apparently perfected, also eats into John's available time where obviously every minute counts.

John is a good person at heart. In the early days (12 years ago?) of his Space Shuttle pf re-inking efforts I was a very harsh critic of him taking pre-paid orders without having a perfected process or finished product. I regret a lot of that and apologized to John in person when he came to the Florida A.P.E. arcade show years later. I think he gets in over his head on multiple projects and is constantly playing catch-up which is just not possible. The ONLY solution for him is to pause production of everything except Seawitch pfs, complete all pre-paid customers based on the list posted on this thread (and any found paperwork), then like CPR does now do a run of 20 or so items (no pre-paids), sell those and then rotate through other items as needed.

I have always been excited about reproduction items in the pinball hobby, in the 'old days' we were cutting materials on band saws and printing artwork stickers on our home inkjet printers. The CNCs, 3-D and inkjet printers, and scanners of today are amazing, but I really feel the pre-paid business model just causes headaches for John and everyone else.

My 2 cents...

#1822 27 days ago

I'm number 10 on the list posted by (Evets). Don't forget some prepaid people may of opt for the cash out option John offered. In the six years this thread has been opened I sold 3 SW. I would have been I buyer for more playfields if they were available being they all had wear. I'm sure the new owners are on the waiting list. If Johns health is good and the weather cooperates, hopefully this spring.

#1823 27 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Hahahahaha...

Holy shit this funny.

After 6 years, not even #1 has been filled?

HAhahahahaha.

I am sure it is because of the fires in the blizzard that caused a fall that aggrivated a bad toe that kept the moving guys from putting the files in the right place after the moving the stuff from the old location. But I know of a new guy who does clear coat... so its all good.

#1824 27 days ago

I am off to my day job. To those that emailed either late tonight or next few days I will get back to you. I was under the weather fighting a cold the last few days. So the plastic film is still waiting for the booth area.

#1825 24 days ago

Sorry, TWeaver, I missed your post when cobbling together my unofficial list.

Seawitch List

Prepaid
1. DrJoe April 22, 2013
2. BrianBannon April 23
3. Tweaver April 23 or 24?
4. terrapinmark April 25
5. rstrunks May 9
6. xeneize August 29
7. kickabit September 4
8. Dazza88 December 13
9. nocreditdot December ?
10. Jrobinso99 April 4, 2014
11. ibuypinballs May 8
12. soafaspud May 23
13. dothedoo May 28
14. mof May 29
15. gabegabegabe May 29
16. 85Txaggie May 31
17. Evets August 3
18. PACMAN February 1, 2015
19. j_m_ February 9
20. BigMcLargeHuge February ?
21. pinheadpierre March ?
22. RCP May 19
23. Methos November ?

Prepaid(?) with no date reported, unless I just missed it: MattS, tdiddy, yfz450 (inactive member?)
“I want to buy” list, in alphabetical order at the moment: cottonm4, bluespin, Lovef2K, Madmax541, paddlepaw (July 3, 2018), Talon2000, and others…

#1826 24 days ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Hahahahaha...
Holy shit this funny.
After 6 years, not even #1 has been filled?
HAhahahahaha.
I am sure it is because of the fires in the blizzard that caused a fall that aggrivated a bad toe that kept the moving guys from putting the files in the right place after the moving the stuff from the old location. But I know of a new guy who does clear coat... so its all good.

You have to laugh I guess. Sadly, this is before many in the hobby (including myself) learned that pre-paying for ANYTHING pinball related is not a smart move. Ever. Well next month is the 7 year mark.

#1827 24 days ago

I am out and off the list as i took a test playfield with white arrow. That would move others up.

#1828 24 days ago

Still feeling the pain to my right knee. Doctor is referring me to a Sports Medicine Doctor. Just started 30 days of anti inflammatory drugs. Fluid on the knee & some damage. Along with getting up in age, 56 in July.
So I missed one other guy getting inked only playfield in at the printer #21 which will go out next if everything is ok. #5 white arrows gone. # 6 & #23 no ink going out Wednesday. Thanks for the list!
The next groups of Seawitch playfields will be going out with finish clear coats. So that is my goal this month to get them in to the printer.
Seawitch Special #2 is also going out to a new customer. Hopefully the other tests with problems sell, & if people want a refund let me know. If not I hope to get this prepaid finished before the 7 year mark! Guess not if only a month, but hopefully get the 1-10 on the top in the next 60 days.

#1829 24 days ago

I'm prepaid, too.

#1830 24 days ago

Thanks for compiling the list, I paid for mine on Apr 23, 2015

Quoted from Evets:

Seawitch List
Prepaid
1. DrJoe April 22, 2013
2. BrianBannon April 23
4. terrapinmark April 25
5. rstrunks May 9
6. xeneize August 29
7. kickabit September 4
8. Dazza88 December 13
11. ibuypinballs May 8
12. soafaspud May 23
13. dothedoo May 28
14. mof May 29
15. gabegabegabe May 29
16. 85Txaggie May 31
17. Evets August 3
19. j_m_ February 9
22. RCP May 19
23. Methos November ?
Prepaid(?) with no date reported, unless I just missed it: MattS, tdiddy, yfz450 (inactive member?)
“I want to buy” list, in alphabetical order at the moment: cottonm4, bluespin, Lovef2K, Madmax541, paddlepaw (July 3, 2018), Talon2000, and others…

#1831 23 days ago

My new UPS driver for the new location I share picked up the 4 playfields a few hours ago. 2 are going to Ron for finish, Seawitch & Star Gazer. Other Seawitch will be cleared by the owner, & Special #2 Varethaned by me. Having my supper & back to the shop to hopefully hang the plastic film for spray area.

#1832 23 days ago

Getting closer to finishing this. Top side will go quick. Underside is done and rewired. Everything cleaned rebuilt and polished on the underside. This was cleared by me. Bare ink from John with defects I corrected.

2821FD5F-A895-4179-BA50-3C2DD7855D80 (resized).jpeg0E610847-017A-4E3A-ADCE-71C4DC8EF512 (resized).jpeg
#1833 23 days ago

Inspiring to see!

Some day, man, some day... I'll have a gorgeous smash-mouth Seawitch playing at 100 mph...

-mof

#1834 23 days ago
Quoted from Evets:

Seawitch List
Prepaid
1. DrJoe April 22, 2013
2. BrianBannon April 23
4. terrapinmark April 25
5. rstrunks May 9
6. xeneize August 29
7. kickabit September 4
8. Dazza88 December 13
11. ibuypinballs May 8
12. soafaspud May 23
13. dothedoo May 28
14. mof May 29
15. gabegabegabe May 29
16. 85Txaggie May 31
17. Evets August 3
19. j_m_ February 9
22. RCP May 19
23. Methos November ?

No problem with you missing my 6 year old post. I just appreciate you putting the list together.

#1835 23 days ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Getting closer to finishing this. Top side will go quick. Underside is done and rewired. Everything cleaned rebuilt and polished on the underside. This was cleared by me. Bare ink from John with defects I corrected.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great!

#1836 23 days ago

Plastic film was hung last night. Dedicated spray area in the workshop. 10 foot high ceiling. Most cities have lots of empty neighbourhood stores since people shop elsewhere for convenience.

IMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG
#1837 23 days ago

Plastic film was hung last night. Dedicated spray area in the workshop. 10 foot high ceiling. Most cities have lots of empty neighbourhood stores since people shop elsewhere for convenience.[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, John, that is quite a stack of play field plywood you have in the back,

#1838 22 days ago

i just checked the last few posts. John respectfully told me not to prepay a few years ago. Will there be enough leftover s oI can buy one? is there a line of non prepayed people waiting or how does this work?

#1839 22 days ago

There is a large number of people waiting for Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields not prepaid for the last 5 years. If I had known it would be this long I would of just did Star Gazer, & then Seawitch. Did not know how hard playfield production is, but it is very hard. I guess less than 20 companies producing more than a few playfields worldwide. The big stack of plywood blanks is standing by for more playfields, & people can see what is cut for both playfields. Friday I start spraying playfields in the new tented area.

#1840 22 days ago

I could be added to the seawitch list, not fully prepaid, I had credit left from an earlier overpayment

#1841 22 days ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i just checked the last few posts. John respectfully told me not to prepay a few years ago. Will there be enough leftover s oI can buy one? is there a line of non prepayed people waiting or how does this work?

...(sighs)...

#1842 21 days ago

i dont get it

#1843 21 days ago

There is a large number of people waiting for Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields not prepaid for the last 5 years. If I had known it would be this long I would of just did Star Gazer, & then Seawitch. Did not know how hard playfield production is, but it is very hard. I guess less than 20 companies producing more than a few playfields worldwide. The big stack of plywood blanks is standing by for more playfields, & people can see what is cut for both playfields. Friday I start spraying playfields in the new tented area.

is this an answer to my question?

#1844 21 days ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

There is a line if people that are not prepaid wanting a Seawitch playfield. John has a list and once he takes of the prepaid guys I’m sure he’ll dig that list out.

#1845 21 days ago

I never studied cryptology and was never any good with riddles. I don't get it, either.

#1846 21 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

There is a line if people that are not prepaid wanting a Seawitch playfield. John has a list and once he takes of the prepaid guys I’m sure he’ll dig that list out.

thank you

#1847 21 days ago

The sigh was because you really should read more than 'the last few posts'.

The list of pre-paids recently compiled had about 28/29 people listed, many of which had paid over 5 or 6 years ago.
Some have gotten refunds so that number should be a bit lower.
Let's just round it down to 25 x $500 usd.
That's $12,500 that people paid YEARS ago that really needs to be resolved before he should be making any sort of 'waiting list'.
And anyone on a waiting list should obviously be expecting a 5+ year wait.

#1848 21 days ago
Quoted from miracleman:

The sigh was because you really should read more than 'the last few posts'.
The list of pre-paids recently compiled had about 28/29 people listed, many of which had paid over 5 or 6 years ago.
Some have gotten refunds so that number should be a bit lower.
Let's just round it down to 25 x $500 usd.
That's $12,500 that people paid YEARS ago that really needs to be resolved before he should be making any sort of 'waiting list'.
And anyone on a waiting list should obviously be expecting a 5+ year wait.

Thanks for all the unnecessary and inaccurate analysis. I posted a sensible question and received 1 sensible answer. Then I get your...whatever that bs is.

#1849 21 days ago

I would just say that the people that prepaid should have the first
obligations to get the product when available.

#1850 21 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I would just say that the people that prepaid should have the first
obligations to get the product when available.

i would say...that goes without saying

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7.00
There are 1896 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 38.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside