Topic Stats

• 1,768 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by greatwichjohn
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 954 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0051 (resized).JPG
IMG_0050 (resized).JPG
IMG_0049 (resized).JPG
2ABB73C8-C4E5-40A8-85A6-69B004C89AFE (resized).jpeg
93B12BF2-912A-49CD-9BCF-303BB4EDC974 (resized).jpeg
CA84813F-736A-42CD-BBFC-96B1649043E7 (resized).jpeg
6C458C31-4863-4255-A199-0455D23E5A9E (resized).jpeg
30F61477-B1F6-4300-A526-0ED2300B7B80 (resized).jpeg

There are 1768 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.
#1751 30 days ago

I have been busy returning to my regular 6 day a week job looking after public swimming pools the last 23 years for my city. Back at it & my job is more tasking then ever before on a number of issues. Had a get together at the shop with a few of the CPR guys. I have not had much time to work on playfields the last 2 weeks. But the good news is I am owed vacation, & I should be slaving away for 4-5 weeks before xmas on playfields. Next week should be my last week with the city. So stay tuned as I try to get the playfields finished.

Spent a little time talking shop with Mike & Tanner from CPR. They lost a long term guy who did their lense insert glueing & sanding. It has got everyone thinking there is more to life than just producing pinball parts. Most of us are in our mid fifties, & also working fulltime at our regular jobs.

#1752 30 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

It has got everyone thinking there is more to life than just producing pinball parts.

Of course there's more to life than just producing pinball parts. There's also keeping your word, delivering what you promise, being respectful of other peoples time and money, and overcoming the adversity that all of us have to deal with on a daily basis.

See, aren't these better than thumbs down, John?

#1753 29 days ago

Yes I am working towards getting this done for the remaining Seawitch prepaid guys this year. Today I was trying to recover from my regular job, & taking in the fire on the street I spent most of my life on.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/firefighters-battle-blaze-by-rail-tracks-in-halifax-1.5354718
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/structure-fire-at-cn-rail-yard-in-halifax-1.4678286
https://globalnews.ca/news/6150806/cn-rail-yard-fire/
Also taking in the loss of our local CPR worker Blake.

#1754 27 days ago

So I believe my vacation will be Nov. 17 for 4 weeks. Plus another 5 days before xmas if I get the ok to burn through more vacation time. There is still 7 Seawitch tests I am still selling, 5 need more work & more varethane coats before going out. So the Seawitch production arrow ones are still being worked on & should start going to the printer the end of this month & before xmas. Printing should be quick in December, not a busy month for printing. Hopefully the auto clear coats will be squeezed in or I will find other contractors.

#1755 27 days ago

So I believe my vacation will be Nov. 17 for 4 weeks. Plus another 5 days before xmas if I get the ok to burn through more vacation time. There is still 7 Seawitch tests I am still selling, 5 need more work & more varethane coats before going out. So the Seawitch production arrow ones are still being worked on & should start going to the printer the end of this month & before xmas. Printing should be quick in December, not a busy month for printing. Hopefully the auto clear coats will be squeezed in or I will find other contractors.

Any stargazers being done in this bunch?

#1756 27 days ago

Yes but I am going over these again before they go for printing. There are 8 of 16 cut, but they are at the back until I get all Seawitch cut playfields done.

#1757 24 days ago

My 4 weeks vacation starts Sunday to work on playfields.

#1758 17 days ago

Working on clearing playfields for printing. Switched back to another older spray gun. Had to change out the large holder with the other after I found out it was cracked & leaked a huge puddle of varethane on the floor.

#1759 17 days ago

Working on clearing playfields for printing. Switched back to another older spray gun. Had to change out the large holder with the other after I found out it was cracked & leaked a huge puddle of varethane on the floor.

It is always something isn't it. For those who think this kind of shit just falls into place and all the stars line up perfectly, that does not happen.

I have been painting a cabinet. Depending on one's point of view it has either been a comedy of errors or a series of screw ups.

I feel for you, John.

1 week later
#1760 6 days ago

given that you're now about 1/2 through your 4 week vacation without any updates, are we realistically now looking at January/February 2020 for seawitch playfields?

#1761 6 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

given that you're now about 1/2 through your 4 week vacation without any updates, are we realistically now looking at January/February 2020 for seawitch playfields?

I admire your patience. Such a crazy wait. I would have sold my pin long ago and move on... i really hope you guys received your PF ...

#1762 6 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I admire your patience. Such a crazy wait. I would have sold my pin long ago and move on... i really hope you guys received your PF ...

My Seawitch plays fine. It could look a little better, but there is no reason to sell. I'll just keep playing it until the play fields arrive.

#1763 6 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My Seawitch plays fine. It could look a little better, but there is no reason to sell. I'll just keep playing it until the play fields arrive.

This exactly. Sure I'd like a new pf, but I'm not gonna sell my game just because it's taking a while. My witch is staying put, new pf or not.

#1764 6 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I’m in this because I actually bought a machine with a prepaid place in line for a playfield when the original owner got fed up and sold. Now I’ve been waiting for years, too. Unlike some lucky others, my playfield is a total roach: cupped inserts, raised inserts, lots of areas worn to wood. It definitely does not play well. I folded mine up and tried to forget about the high dollar turd I have on my hands until John comes through and delivers. For me, I’ve waited too long to give up (along with many others who’ve waited even longer), but whenever I think about Seawitch I can’t help but feel like I made a mistake. So many other things I could’ve done with that money....

I REALLY hope this comes to fruition soon, as promised.

#1765 6 days ago

There has been a couple of email & pm received today. Yes the first 2 weeks of my 4-5 weeks vacation have been lacking on playfield production now towards the end of the year. Had some days I was sick, being 55 my recent last crown last week took me out for 3 days (worst drilling through my tooth yet, this is my 4th or 5th), we have had 2 very bad weather days (today I was not feeling well) slipping on ice, & 1 day no power, & I do pinball service work for the local big independent operator (we share a work shop outside the city core).

Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields are getting ready for printing. 7 Seawitch tests with white arrows are ready if people are ok with varethane coats, 3 can ship now & other 4 need a little work. Most people will wait since they want auto clear which is what I am still working towards. Likely you will see more Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields printed before the end of the year. Those who want to clear or send away for clear still might see shipping before the end of the year.

At this time only a Catacomb & Star Gazer glass in stock. The next 15 tempered glass blanks were ordered. With xmas no guarantee to arrive during the holidays. So likely any glass needed will be early January.

Please let me know if you want a Seawitch test now, or will wait until January for Seawitch production playfields with yellow inserts & auto clear coats.

#1766 5 days ago

Ok I am talking with a few prepaid guys who want to finish clear themselves. The first production yellow arrows goes to the printer this week. Along with 2 Star Gazer which will be the first finish clear tests with the new contractor. Working on 2-5 more Seawitch to the printer next week. In the pictures only 1 Seawitch on the rack along with Star Gazer to fix weep holes. Standing up are a bunch that are almost done sanding. Pictures from the shop today. A test with ink loss at left arrow is waiting payment, 2 are the worst, 4 need weep holes repairs & more varethane. So 7 Seawitch tests still here with varethane gloss finish.
IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

#1767 5 days ago

IMG_0003 - THAT's what I'm talking about!

#1768 5 days ago

Mark S. is taking the first production with no clear. Working on the next group & the last 6 test ones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Corpus Christi, TX
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
There are 1768 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside