Topic Stats

• 1,581 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by terrapinmark
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 825 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

59978437_10214554112031894_6268494151352844288_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0001 (resized).JPG

There are 1581 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 32.
#1551 51 days ago

I got back early this morning after going to Austin airport for 10 am for 1pm flight (noon late update delay 1.5 hours. Flight to Newark would arrive hours late. After 35 minutes search I was able to fly to Houston, evening flight to Calgary, Alberta (almost west coast for flights going east), & finally all night flight to Halifax. Crazy high winds on east coast Wednesday & today. I picked up a bad cough 3 days ago. Stay tuned for updates this month. Glad to meet guys at TPF.

#1552 51 days ago

john
have the insert plastics arrived or are you still waiting on those?

#1553 51 days ago

Looking forward to updates!! Cant wait for my stargazer playfeild and backglass.

#1554 51 days ago

Still waiting on yellow inserts later this month. The printer is down for service last week. I have glass waiting for printing. So it should be ready mid April for printing playfields after they clear the back log of customers.

#1555 50 days ago

John,

Are the SeaWitch playfields cut and printed? Are you just waiting for the yellow insert supply?

#1556 47 days ago

The production run are not cut. Last 4 that need art along with other tests. As soon as they look good, the 20 will be cut. My focus is on Seawitch playfields, the 16 cut Star Gazer are still waiting. The yellow inserts should be here towards the end of April. It appears that there might be another source now, but I have ordered 1000 already USA (not Mirco).

My priority is to get all playfields Seawitch (white arrows) to the printer in 2 weeks. Since my return from Texas last Thursday I picked up a nasty cold, still fighting it. Was at the shop for a few hours today for the first time thinking about sanding. I hope to start sanding on Tuesday. All the pictures posted before Texas TPF is still the same, except the other operator has more stuff in the shop.

The only other main thing is that the pile of playfield blanks (100+) will likely be the following Seawitch & a few Star Gazer playfields for this year. If they are close the pre buy guys will have another choice. Plan on the same amount 20 & 20 individual to be cut next.

#1557 43 days ago

Yellow arrows were manufactured, & extras that I must now pay for (105). So they should be here towards the end of the month (1105). Slowly sanding playfields, & doing more epoxy filling around inserts. Still fighting a bad cold from Texas. The good news is slowly building up strength to my right foot after Nov. surgery. No more support sock, & I am scheduled to return to my regular City job the end of August.

#1558 43 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The good news is slowly building up strength to my right foot after Nov. surgery. No more support sock, & I am scheduled to return to my regular City job the end of August.

I am glad to hear that you are healing.

#1559 43 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Yellow arrows were manufactured, & extras that I must now pay for (105). So they should be here towards the end of the month (1105). Slowly sanding playfields, & doing more epoxy filling around inserts. Still fighting a bad cold from Texas. The good news is slowly building up strength to my right foot after Nov. surgery. No more support sock, & I am scheduled to return to my regular City job the end of August.

That's awesome news....except for the cold, of course.

I'd be happy to buy a few of those arrows from you if you have more than you need. I could use some for my Freefall playfield restoration.

#1560 42 days ago

Marco Specialties will be buying a bunch when they arrive (yellow arrows). Still have the nasty cold.

#1561 41 days ago

John -
just finished reading this book on Halifax.
amazon.com link »

Holy crap! That was one heck of a big bang. Would love to visit your town just for the history.

1 week later
#1562 31 days ago

I have finally recovered from that nasty cough (hack) & runny nose after almost a month from Texas vacation. Yellow insert arrows should arrive early next week. All playfields should be ready for the printer next week (Seawitch tests & 2 Star Gazer). After this I will move on to the 16 Star Gazer until I see the final next 4 Seawitch test prints from latest cnc. If everything is ok I finally get these into production. The printer lost the hard drive & bulbs are not 100% on the OCE printer. Seeing if this is repaired or junked. They have a new printer that uses a different ink system (not uv ink). So there might be some testing towards glass & playfields in early May.

#1563 28 days ago

Had a MRI for my right hip Friday. Started sealing clear coats for next the Seawitch tests, & 2 Star Gazers. Hope to get them all to the printer on Friday.

#1564 27 days ago

Thanks for the update on the seawitch playfields John. Hoping they ship sometime this year. Is that likely?

#1565 27 days ago

Yes these are getting done very soon. Arrows should be here Monday. All the tests should be going to the printer on Friday. Should have 5 Seawitch second coat of seal done Monday.

#1566 26 days ago

Arrows arrived this morning. Above playfields got second sealing coat of interior waterbourne varethane gloss. Pictures later this week. As long as it is a dry day Friday, off to the printer with playfields. There are 2 latest cut Seawitch, if everything is ok. Final push for cnc of Seawitch pre order customers.

#1567 25 days ago

4 playfields ready for printer. 3 are the latest cnc cut version. They routered the hole for playfield prop instead a GI hole the other side. Many Seawitch tests have the bastard GI hole from me, that were not cnc properly. Should be fine the production run. Pictures of the 1100+ yellow arrows with ribs underneath (production was both plain & ribbed).

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPG
#1568 22 days ago

Friday Update: Got to the printer today. Saw the new huge printer (HP looks like the modern replacement to the old colorspan that I started direct ink restorations way back). It is going to be used mostly for corplas printing (plastic cardboard which is a huge market for signage & advertising). The service tech was on hand working on the OCE uv inkjet printer that has done my backglass & playfield printing. New hard drive has been installed, & next week I start reviewing the back up print files. So hopefully remain with the same printer for my production. So it is going to be 1-3 weeks for printing. During this time the rest of test Seawitch playfields should be there & 2 Star Gazer. During this time I will be working on the 16 Star Gazer playfields here. When I see the Seawitch playfields printed, if this is the final version on to full production & cutting. A new finish clear coater has been lined up for 2 coats of auto clear (Omni will be used).

#1569 21 days ago

Thanks for all the updates John.

#1570 15 days ago

Got to the printer late today, but the lady looking after my files was out. Talked with my printer & the 9 year old OCE printer got a lot of service. Seems like the shutters for uv bulbs needed service. So he says its good to go, they have been using it. Another 4 tests ready & will go to the printer.

#1571 15 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I'll gladly send money when production begins . I don't know if you'll post that you're accepting orders or if I need to pm you directly ? Thanks .

Sounds like you're almost up!

#1572 15 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Sounds like you're almost up!

LOL..... If anybody is almost up it will be me. I have confirmed April, 2013.

John, I can't imagine I won't be in the first group. Also have PAY PAL confirmed from April, 2013.

59978437_10214554112031894_6268494151352844288_n (resized).jpg
#1573 14 days ago

May 9, 2013 payment on mine. I think number 4 on the list

#1574 14 days ago

The test group (hopefully last ones with white arrows) are almost all done. The next 4 are ready for the printer, & working on the last ones. Like I have said previously the latest 4 from cnc need to see if this is good as I can get cut. Most of these playfields will not be as good as the next main production run with yellow arrows. But they will be offered up to those that have prepaid. So you will have a choice, & if you can wait a few more months the selection will be better with the yellow arrows. Today I started the 16 Star Gazer while I wait printing.

#1575 13 days ago

I am good with the white arrows. Once they are finished send me a couple pictures and as long as they are not spoken for by the 3 in front of me you can ship it to me.

#1576 9 days ago

Still in a holding status at the printer. Monday is a Canada holiday. They might get the printer doing the Seawitch playfield, & Iron Maiden outter glass late this afternoon. If not it should be done Tuesday - Thursday next week. Also the new hard drive was installed, & printer has been tested. Need to verify the back up print files are correct. After verified many playfields will be printed at the same time.

1 week later
#1577 2 days ago

Got the call from the printer late this afternoon. Star Gazer & Iron Maiden outter glass done. Iron Maiden was sized small on Tuesday & redone. They want me to be on hand, to check file, & standby as they test a Seawitch playfield Friday morning.

#1578 1 day ago

The Seawitch file was not printing white to paper test (faint pink color). Had 4 playfields there for printing. Had to go to my other printer to request files be sent back again. Will update next week. Glass seems fine but I will slowly test each one to verify.

#1580 14 hours ago

bless all your patience

#1581 12 hours ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

terrapinmark , Congratulations!
You have officially been waiting for your playfield for 2,222 days!

John! I assume I am still going to be one of the first (If Not THE FIRST) to be shipped their Sea Witch play fields. Had no idea it was 2,222 days. That is quite some time and I have to think the end is near. My address is the same as it was in 2013.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 1581 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside