Topic Stats

• 1,546 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 818 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0001 (resized).JPG
IMG_0061 (resized).JPG
IMG_0060 (resized).JPG
IMG_0059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0057 (resized).JPG
IMG_0056 (resized).JPG
441c7ff1aad9e3ed50c738f9e51af1c208e32c78 (resized).jpg

There are 1546 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 56 days ago

greatwichjohn

Below you'll find evidence of our email string, the invoice, and subsequent payment for that invoice dated August 29, 2013. Hoping to receive one of the very best playfields in the run as I have been looking forward to this deck for a LONG time. Thanks for hanging in there and seeing the project to completion - despite many setbacks!

1-22-2019 10-24-22 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-27-45 AM (resized).png1-22-2019 10-28-44 AM (resized).png
#1502 56 days ago

Thanks!
Update Seawitch Playfields: In contact this week for Stern Electronics pinball era yellow opaque arrow. http://www.northernprecisionplastics.com/contact.html
CPR has them as a supplier, along with Foremost plastics. So hopefully I can have them molded within 30 - 60 days for Seawitch playfield production.

#1503 55 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Thanks!
Update Seawitch Playfields: In contact this week for Stern Electronics pinball era yellow opaque arrow. http://www.northernprecisionplastics.com/contact.html
CPR has them as a supplier, along with Foremost plastics. So hopefully I can have them molded within 30 - 60 days for Seawitch playfield production.

awesome news!

#1504 54 days ago

Thanks!

I'd like to buy a few extras for a Stern Freefall if you get them molded for you.

#1505 54 days ago

The plywood should be at the cnc shop today. I will be there Friday am. Just sent the info to Northern Precision Plastics. 2 different yellow arrows used, flat bottom, & mini ribs. I prefer flat bottom. The last week I have packed 14 of 15 Stern Classic glass. Only 1 Seawitch in stock. Next batch of 20 will go to the printer mid February.

IMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPG
#1506 54 days ago

Some of the glass going out. Marco Specialties will be restocked with Seawitch, Star Gazer, & Nineball. They will be waiting on Catacomb. They also have my Lightning, & Iron Maiden in stock.

IMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPG
#1507 53 days ago

I went to the sign shop Friday am.. 10 sheets there ready for cutting. Hopefully next week.

#1508 49 days ago

The next 4 Seawitch up for cnc should be cut the end of this week. These will be a priority for printing to see if the alignment is good. If so the next 20 will be cut. Still no word back on yellow arrow molding.

#1509 49 days ago

The next 4 Seawitch up for cnc should be cut the end of this week. These will be a priority for printing to see if the alignment is good. If so the next 20 will be cut. Still no word back on yellow arrow molding.

Do you think Shapeways can make them?

#1510 48 days ago

If the search in USA fails I will reach out to Mirco. Looks like he has a mold for Stern arrow for Quick Silver.

#1511 47 days ago

I will not be reaching out to Mirco for any inserts. Had all kinds of legal threats & drama today:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer

Playfield news: 4 Seawitch were cnc'd today, & they started the 16 Star Gazer. Seawitch production is still my priority. The 4 Seawitch will get ready for lenses, & printing ASAP. If everything is good next 20 cnc. Then another 40 Seawitch cnc'd in March. Worked on 2 Star Gazer from 2018 today.

IMG_0060 (resized).JPG
#1512 46 days ago

CNC working today. Picked up 4 Seawitch & 8 Star Gazer. 8 Star Gazer Monday, CNC doing next 4.

20190201_113529 (resized).jpgIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#1514 42 days ago

Seawitch playfield update: Yellow arrow info, & waiting pricing to go ahead. Full bore cnc production to start early March.

John:

We do not have the tool for 50-3-XX Arrow Triangle 1.50x.63 Plain version. We do have the tool for 50-5-XX Arrow Triangle 1.5x.63 Starburst. The part you are referencing as the "rib style" actually appears to be the Starburst version 50-5-6 in Opaque Yellow Nylon which mainly hides the starburst pattern and makes the part appear to be 50-3-06.

Jere Eyer, CPA
Managing Director
Northern Precision Plastics, Inc.
Phone: 815-544-8099 Fax: 815-544-6313
Email: jeyer@northernprecisionplastics.com Website: www.northernprecisionplastics.com

#1515 42 days ago

Seawitch playfield update: Yellow arrow info, & waiting pricing to go ahead. Full bore cnc production to start early March.
John:
We do not have the tool for 50-3-XX Arrow Triangle 1.50x.63 Plain version. We do have the tool for 50-5-XX Arrow Triangle 1.5x.63 Starburst. The part you are referencing as the "rib style" actually appears to be the Starburst version 50-5-6 in Opaque Yellow Nylon which mainly hides the starburst pattern and makes the part appear to be 50-3-06.
Jere Eyer, CPA
Managing Director
Northern Precision Plastics, Inc.
Phone: 815-544-8099 Fax: 815-544-6313
Email: jeyer@northernprecisionplastics.com Website: www.northernprecisionplastics.com

I say go for it. If it is opaque yellow who cares if it is ribbed, or not?

#1516 42 days ago

Ribbed would actually be better to help prevent warping in the long run anyway.

#1517 42 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Ribbed would actually be better to help prevent warping in the long run anyway.

This %100

#1519 42 days ago

I got pricing & will go with minimum 1000. Lead time is 4+ weeks. On with the latest 4 cut, which will get white arrows.

#1520 39 days ago

Get your rails for your future seawitch playfield! I gave Taylor a set to make templates for everyone. No need to send him your rails.

503AC212-60E4-47D0-82EA-DF21565C42C4 (resized).jpeg8E202865-E99B-4CF5-8B8F-BA8458178E42 (resized).jpeg
#1521 38 days ago

I believe I'm 4th on the seawitch prepaid list and white arrows will be fine with me.

#1522 38 days ago

Ok anyone interested in the early test ones with white arrows for prepaid let me know. If not the yellow arrow ones will be going out in April.

#1523 35 days ago

I'll probably be doing harnesses again for the scratch builders if there is enough interest. Still looking for a play field in any shape for building the pattern.

Shawn

#1524 35 days ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I'll probably be doing harnesses again for the scratch builders if there is enough interest. Still looking for a play field in any shape for building the pattern.
Shawn

Tackling this swap is next in line for me. If I get it done soon I can give you the old stripped playfield while you mock a harness up.

#1525 34 days ago

I’m first on the pre-paid list for Seawitch and a white arrow is fine for me.

#1526 34 days ago

So after my right foot surgery Nov. 26 last year. I have just started to wear my compression sock & regular shoe today. So production should pick up. The yellow arrows will arrive around April 10. Just placed a large order with Pinball Life for more playfield inserts. My new web site is up: greatpinball.co
I will be at TPF this year to show Seawitch & Star Gazer backglass & playfield. Maybe Gary Stern will say hello after the Mirco fiasco trying to shut down my business! I am not posting to this thread & Mirco has gone silent. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer

More Stern tempered glass blanks at the printer. So anyone interested in some backglass before TPF please contact me. The Seawitch & Star Gazer backglass are being donated to the show for prizes. Other Stern titles for glass: Catacomb, Nineball, Lightning, & Iron Maiden.

#1527 34 days ago

So after my right foot surgery Nov. 26 last year. I have just started to wear my compression sock & regular shoe today. So production should pick up. The yellow arrows will arrive around April 10. Just placed a large order with Pinball Life for more playfield inserts. My new web site is up: greatpinball.co
I will be at TPF this year to show Seawitch & Star Gazer backglass & playfield. Maybe Gary Stern will say hello after the Mirco fiasco trying to shut down my business! I am not posting to this thread & Mirco has gone silent. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer
More Stern tempered glass blanks at the printer. So anyone interested in some backglass before TPF please contact me. The Seawitch & Star Gazer backglass are being donated to the show for prizes. Other Stern titles for glass: Catacomb, Nineball, Lightning, & Iron Maiden.

Looking forward to meeting you at TPF.

#1528 32 days ago

Lense order for playfields came in late today from Pinball Life. So I have lots for Star Gazer & Seawitch production. Yellow arrows will be here early April when I return from TPF & 9 days in Austin. Glass blanks here for classic Stern, & I am working on more for stocking up Marco Specialties.

1 week later
#1529 25 days ago

So I have started to use lenses from Pinball Life on the 4 Seawitch playfields. They look ok, same as from Marco Specialties. Most likely from Foremost Plastics, but could be from Northern Precision Plastics also. So I am working on a bunch of earlier Seawitch tests along with these latest 4 on new plywood. 2 Star Gazer & 16 new plywood Star Gazer. Glass production for Marco Specialties almost done. Catacomb glass is the last 2 they are waiting on. More glass being done next week as I restock. Still trying to ramp up Seawitch production. If the latest 4 Seawitch printing looks good (mid March), the next 20 playfields will be cut. If not finally tweaking of cnc file. These will be cut towards the end of March. Yellow arrows will be here early April after TPF. Glass in 2 box - 3 Catacomb. Seawitch, & Star Gazer. Next week Star Gazer, Seawitch, Nineball, Catacomb, & Lightning. Another 10 tempered glass blanks standing by. I have not been contacted by Gary Stern about any licensing. Thanks Mirco for all the drama & bogus legal threats! All the players will likely be at TPF.

IMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPG

#1530 25 days ago

I cant wait for my stargazer backglass and playfield. So excited.

#1531 24 days ago

John , do these inserts(lenses) have a die letter on top? Any of them that I ever purchased except the GTB's from PBR have them. If so, how do you remove them. I have done it with a palm sander but they tend to make the insert get too hot causing them to bubble up in the center. I had better success with an old vibrating sander but it took forever!

#1532 24 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I had better success with an old vibrating sander but it took forever!

There is an old saying concerning sanding:

If you are sanding for more than 1 minute, you are using the wrong grit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-551279

441c7ff1aad9e3ed50c738f9e51af1c208e32c78 (resized).jpg
#1533 24 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

John , do these inserts(lenses) have a die letter on top? Any of them that I ever purchased except the GTB's from PBR have them. If so, how do you remove them. I have done it with a palm sander but they tend to make the insert get too hot causing them to bubble up in the center. I had better success with an old vibrating sander but it took forever!

The safest way to remove those die letters in lay a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface, and slowly move the insert across the sandpaper. Using hand power.

#1534 24 days ago

Good advice vid and cottonm4. My inpatients always gets the better of me unfortunately. I will try that next time. What grit do you recommend?

#1536 24 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Good advice vid and cottonm4. My inpatients always gets the better of me unfortunately. I will try that next time. What grit do you recommend?

I used 400 grit. And moved them across the sandpaper in figure-8 fashion. Every little bit I would rotate them in my fingers to keep things even. And don't sand off your finger tips.

Go Read Vid's guide he linked. Lots of good info in there.

#1537 24 days ago

Never had a insert bubble. 4 latest Seawitch playfields have inserts installed. Some inserts do not have big id letters. Depends on the mfg. I test fit inserts before epoxy them. On Seawitch 1" Blue, & 3/4" orange need sanding to sides with a drum sander on a Dremmel.

#1538 22 days ago

So I am still working through the Seawitch test playfields. 4 latest & 8 previous. 2 Star Gazer & 16 latest cut. All these Seawitch tests have the white opaque ribbed arrow. Regular production will have opaque yellow ribbed arrow. Just keeping people up to date. I will not have Star Gazer or Seawitch playfields at TPF for display. There will be backglass & printed plastic playfields template with out white ink on display. These will be donated to the show as prizes. I hope to have all inked before leaving March 20, 12 Seawitch & 2 Star Gazer playfields. Like I said previously the next 20 Seawitch playfields will be cut while I am away in Texas. If everything is ok many more to follow this spring. 2 Catacomb glass ready for Marco Specialties, so they will have restock on all my classic Stern titles.

IMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPG

#1539 21 days ago

Like I said previously the next 20 Seawitch playfields will be cut while I am away in Texas. If everything is ok many more to follow this spring.

you do realize that it will be officially spring before you leave for TPS, right?

#1540 21 days ago

I leave March 20 & return April 3. In Austin with my brother after TPF.

#1541 20 days ago

On a road trip the next 2 days. Update early in the week. I have 2 new contractors for finish clear coats this year.

2 weeks later
#1543 5 days ago

I have been slowly moving along with my right foot recovery. Lately just reorganising the workshop. Plus still repairing games & selling my last pin. I also help out the local operator who I share space with. Just trying to get playfields to the printer before Wednesday. Sanding the many Seawitch tests, & 2 Star Gazer. Trying a new way of doing playfields for production with these tests. Needed to get the small workshop set up for cardboard storage, 55 outside & 75 inside double wall cardboard for playfields. Next week is 105 glass box, & 210 Honeycomb spacers. Also next week is 120 playfield blanks for future playfields. Still the 5 sheets of plywood at the cnc shop (20 Seawitch). There is a stock of blank tempered glass for classic Stern, & I have printed a copy ready to go for the ones I do.

TPF box of Seawitch & Star Gazer backglass, & plastic prints of both (no white) will be on display. All of these will be prizes at the show. Also have a print overlay of Big Game. Shows how even a good scan still needs lots of work to get to production. Looking forward to seeing people there!

I will try to have a update with pictures on status before my flight Wednesday.

#1544 1 day ago

The playfield blanks & cardboard for backglass are loaded in today. I have been working on Seawitch playfields for weeping around light inserts. But time has gone quickly & now they will wait. I will see what I can do on Tuesday, Wednesday is travel day to TPF. So they resume April 5, as I try to fully ramp up production. I will post some pictures Tuesday night.

#1545 12 hours ago

Update: I will be in Texas March 20 - April 3. During this time I will be non electronic. So any response will be after this. Look forward to seeing people at TPF. Today was mostly spent cleaning up the shop I share. Here are pictures of the shop. Lots of playfield box sets, another 2 years supply of glass box with 2 honeycomb spacers, 100+ playfield blanks, + the 5 sheets waiting with the cnc shop. I am walking better & look forward to finishing these playfields the next 1-6 months, Seawitch prepaids & new orders, & Star Gazer new orders. The yellow arrows should be here the end of April (1000 ordered). I will be contacting Seawitch prepaid guys wanting early white arrow ones (either cleared or not). All the playfields ready in the shop will go to the printer mid April. During this time I will work on the 16 Star Gazer, unless the Seawitch prints very nice. Then the bulk of Seawitch will take over. Pictures of the workshop I share with the local operator. I have most glass in stock & more to be printed for my return. Here is the info for 2019:

Great Pinball Limited, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Classic Stern Glass 2019 Sales each glass title: Price on Ebay is $300 US + $50 US shipping USA. Private sales are $250 US + $50 US shipping.
If you are a previous customer of backglass (Star Gazer, Seawitch, Nineball, Catacomb, Lightning, & Iron Maiden) or playfield (Star Gazer & Seawitch). $225 US + $50 US shipping. On the honor system of backglass made by Great Pinball. Can be purchased in the past from me (Great Pinball), Ebay, Marco Specialties, or with a private seller (can be with a pinball machine sale, or part sale).
If you order 2 or 3 Stern backglass in the same box. You can get a further $25 US off the cost of all backglass. Shipping total will remain at $50 US per box, & I will absorb the rest.
Paypal: johngreatwich@outlook.com
Please include your phone number & email with paypal. Along with the glass title. If this info is missing I will contact you, as it is needed for UPS Standard ground shipping.
Glass is shipped in custom manufactured double cardboard walled box. Has honeycomb cardboard spacers. Glass is wrapped in in paper for protection! Edge strap guards are taped to corners of outside box. Glass damage by UPS is around 3%, & I self insure my glass. Any problems contact me: johngreatwich@outlook.com or phone 902-402-7188 cell. If I need to contact you by phone: 902-457-1399 home
Glass is tempered with **NO LOGO**. Manufactured by Canadian Glass Manufacturer. 3mm x 25.5" x 28.5"
http://www.vitroglazings.com/en-US/Glass/Architectural-Glasses.aspx
Glass has been printed (hundreds) by Atlantic Digital Reproductions. They also do my playfields. Glass is hit double pass for color & white, Single hit (pass) for gray blocking. Example ink head prints & uv cures: color, color, white, white, & gray. Commercial UV inkjet production on flatbed printer (OCE).
http://www.atlanticdigital.ca/
Thanks for your purchase!

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG
#1546 9 hours ago

As well-evidenced above, John takes shipping *seriously*. I ordered a Seawitch backglass from him a while ago and not only was the shipping prompt, but i was literally marveling at the packing job. That was the most secure parcel I've probably ever received, lol! Not to mention, the backglass is stunning

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.00
$ 19.95
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 142.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Corpus Christi, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 1546 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside