IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG

There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 52.
#1451 5 years ago

I would like a Seawitch playfield. Please let me know. Thanks

#1452 5 years ago

There should be lots of playfields of both early next year. Wait & maybe both the big boys will roll out the same. Nothing like a flood of the same title. You do not see me doing Sorcerer, Space Shuttle, Eight Ball Deluxe, etc. that I have art for. Hard enough to get through the bulk of Seawitch demand & extra Star Gazer.

#1453 5 years ago

John, we appreciate your dedication to these classic Stern pf's.

#1454 5 years ago

Thanks for the update John, as mentioned previously above. Paid April, 2013 so hopefully one of those three will be shipping to me soon. Looking forward to the play field. Its been a long and fun ride!!

1 week later
#1455 5 years ago

Here is the year end update: Seawitch production should get in full swing the week 2 - 4 in January. 40 sheets of plywood in stock at my local wholesaler (Robert Bury), & 10 will get paid on Jan. 3 - 5. There is no time available on the cnc this month. The initial run will be 36 Seawitch & 4 Star Gazer. If everything looks good more cutting of playfields of the same quantity in Feb. or early March.

Nov. 26 I finally got right foot surgery, achilles heel tendon cut, bone shaved, tendon attached. So I am on crutches until the end of January. Have a steel boot plate & leg brace on. So I go through therapy in January. On vacation in Austin, Texas Dec. 18 - Jan.2 (or later). During this time I will not be responding to Pinside, emails, or phone calls. Please note my previous web sites are gone: greatpinball.com & greatpinball.ca New site in 2019 will be greatpinball.co

Tempered glass 15 pieces no logo, 25.5 x 28.5 x 3mm ordered for classic Stern Glass. This should arrive mid January. 1 Seawitch glass available now from me, or on Ebay. My playfield cardboard boxes were ordered & should be ready early January. 75 inner, & 50 outter box double walled. 2 of 3 playfields that had some issues sold with no finish clear coats (previous big customer), & the 3 one will be cleared with varethane (many issues).

Seasons greeting to all!

#1456 5 years ago

Sounds like you have a single with no finish still? If so I would gladly take it.

-Jim

#1457 5 years ago

The last worse playfield of 3 went out to Jim today. No new news on others until 2019.

#1458 5 years ago

are the 36 sw playfields spoken for? It seems like its time to get in the official line.

#1459 5 years ago

How it goes in the first 36 production run early 2019 prepaid guys get the best playfields or ones with minor blemish. I grade them individually & say what I see. If it does not meet the cut its offered up at a discount. 2019 best ones $600 US shipped to USA. Others discounted as to what is going on condition wise. The first 3 of 11, & likely all the rest of playfield test #3 will be discounted playfields. Most people want the best so this test run, if I am lucky might have 1 or 2 that will look decent. Most of this pre production run is going to people who are doing their own finish clear coats. I will be in the hunt for a good & reasonable shop to do my finish clear coats. I go silent here for communication over my xmas holiday Dec. 18 - Jan.2. Spending the holiday with my brother in Austin, Texas on crutches.

2 Star Gazer going back to cnc over the holidays. They are spoken for if good, & going out with no finish clear coats.

#1460 5 years ago

Just dealing with my contractors to make sure production is under way on Seawitch playfields on my return. I will get the plywood scheduled for delivery on Jan.3

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

How it goes in the first 36 production run early 2019 prepaid guys get the best playfields or ones with minor blemish.

Really looking forward to these. I'm glad the issues have been worked out and we'll start seeing production. Can't wait to have a KILLER Seawitch!

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

are the 36 sw playfields spoken for? It seems like its time to get in the official line.

Welcome back!

#1463 5 years ago

hoping that we'll see the shipping of these prior to march of 2019. I was really hoping that john would have been able to get these done by the end of this year but c'est la vie

#1464 5 years ago

My goal is 70+ before Spring 2019. That should take care of everyone looking for a playfield. Had my first physio & they think I might be walking in 3 months on my own.

#1465 5 years ago

thanks buddy!

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Really looking forward to these. I'm glad the issues have been worked out and we'll start seeing production. Can't wait to have a KILLER Seawitch!

especially now with the shiny new beatles out. I was tempeted to just abandon seawitch and buy one of those but it seems like john is getting close.

1 week later
#1467 5 years ago

Just got back from my Holidays in Austin, Texas. I responded to my email & messages. For those asking about Stern glass. Mid month the 15 tempered blanks should be here & go out for printing.

#1468 5 years ago

Just got back from my Holidays in Austin, Texas. I responded to my email & messages. For those asking about Stern glass. Mid month the 15 tempered blanks should be here & go out for printing.

Hope you had a good time John. I clearcoated the seawitch playfield last week with my lectronamo. Very happy with it. Thanks again.

3C823FCE-0BA4-48DC-9E97-FCC62A4DD853 (resized).jpeg3C823FCE-0BA4-48DC-9E97-FCC62A4DD853 (resized).jpegA82F835C-47A6-4B20-BD3A-37CB2C65DCA6 (resized).jpegA82F835C-47A6-4B20-BD3A-37CB2C65DCA6 (resized).jpeg
#1469 5 years ago

What did you use for clear? I am waiting on the cnc shop to confirm a estimate start time for playfield production.

#1470 5 years ago

What did you use for clear? I am waiting on the cnc shop to confirm a estimate start time for playfield production.

2PAC Auto

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Hope you had a good time John. I clearcoated the seawitch playfield last week with my lectronamo. Very happy with it. Thanks again. [quoted image][quoted image]

you have a lot of stuff dude

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you have a lot of stuff dude

Plumbing is my day job. That’s my shop I was spraying at. Business has been there since 1936. Lots of old shit still kicking around.

#1473 5 years ago

Plumbing is my day job. That’s my shop I was spraying at. Business has been there since 1936. Lots of old shit still kicking around.

Probably some neat old shit though!

#1475 5 years ago

Update: The custom double cardboard wall, 2 box sets are ready for pick up next week. Tempered glass order arrives this week or next, & placing another order to arrive next month for Stern glass. Marco Specialties to restock, & I will try to improve restocking glass. I need to build a new spray booth at the shop. Still trying to get a firm start time this month for cnc playfields.

#1476 5 years ago

Update: The custom double cardboard wall, 2 box sets are ready for pick up next week. Tempered glass order arrives this week or next, & placing another order to arrive next month for Stern glass. Marco Specialties to restock, & I will try to improve restocking glass. I need to build a new spray booth at the shop. Still trying to get a firm start time this month for cnc playfields.

Do you have a site at all John? Place to see what glass you have available. Have someone looking for meteor.

#1477 5 years ago

When did Seawitch PF's start shipping out?

Hope you had a good time John. I clearcoated the seawitch playfield last week with my lectronamo. Very happy with it. Thanks again. [quoted image][quoted image]

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

When did Seawitch PF's start shipping out?

They didn’t. This was a test print that had a few issues and was uncleared. I cleared and fixed the issues myself.

#1479 5 years ago

Do you have a site at all John? Place to see what glass you have available. Have someone looking for meteor.

John, I know that you haven’t offered Meteor backglasses in the past. If someone can get you a high quality scan, could you make this title with the mirroring?

There is a guy over in Europe who made Meteor backglasses recently, but I’m not sure how expensive they are with shipping to the US.

I don’t believe anyone in the US has ever made this backglass as a repro. CPR or Shay could make it. I know several people that have tried to email/call Shay and he never returns messages about new products. There are a lot of people looking for this backglass so someone should step up and make it.

#1480 5 years ago

If John cant do it, contact BGresto. They made one for me. I am happy with the results for my restored Meteor.

Mike

Quoted from bluespin:

John, I know that you haven’t offered Meteor backglasses in the past. If someone can get you a high quality scan, could you make this title with the mirroring?
There is a guy over in Europe who made Meteor backglasses recently, but I’m not sure how expensive they are with shipping to the US.
I don’t believe anyone in the US has ever made this backglass as a repro. CPR or Shay could make it. I know several people that have tried to email/call Shay and he never returns messages about new products. There are a lot of people looking for this backglass so someone should step up and make it.

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

If John cant do it, contact BGresto. They made one for me. I am happy with the results for my restored Meteor.
Mike

Yours is not mirrored, correct? Can you post a pic of what you were sent ?

#1482 5 years ago

I can print any Classic Stern glass with out mirroring, if some one has the art ready to print. Starting this year my glass will be increased to $300 US, & $50 US shipping to USA on Ebay. I will discount the glass for my customers who contact me here. I will continue to offer glass titles for sale, & do custom glass projects.
There is 13 test samples of Seawitch, 5 have sold at a discount while I dial in production. The other 6 samples are still being worked on. These have gone out printed with no clear coat. I have talked with Marc at Marco Specialties about the yellow arrows. If these can get ordered from Foremost Plastics I will commit to buying a bunch. Production will start as soon as I get a time line this month. Again glass I sell Seawitch, Star Gazer, Nineball, Lightning, Catacomb, & Iron Maiden.

#1483 5 years ago

I can print any Classic Stern glass with out mirroring, if some one has the art ready to print. Starting this year my glass will be increased to $300 US, & $50 US shipping to USA on Ebay. I will discount the glass for my customers who contact me here. I will continue to offer glass titles for sale, & do custom glass projects.
There is 13 test samples of Seawitch, 5 have sold at a discount while I dial in production. The other 6 samples are still being worked on. These have gone out printed with no clear coat. I have talked with Marc at Marco Specialties about the yellow arrows. If these can get ordered from Foremost Plastics I will commit to buying a bunch. Production will start as soon as I get a time line this month. Again glass I sell Seawitch, Star Gazer, Nineball, Lightning, Catacomb, & Iron Maiden.

Put me in for a Meteor glass. I have a NOS with red score display windows, don't know why they are red. The is some slight ink separation in the center from age but maybe can use for artwork purposes?

#1484 5 years ago

No Meteor glass title from me!
Update: Tempered glass blanks being delivered Friday. The 2 Star Gazer playfields sold, are coming back from cnc (missed lane switches) also on Friday. In talks with the owner of the cnc shop. We want to get the cnc time blocked in for production (this month). Speed up production & get the plywood sheets cut. The first block will see some more Star Gazer playfields cut, & to finally dial in Seawitch. Then Seawitch will be cut in large numbers quickly. The future Star Gazer playfield run I will get the holes for screws for wood rails enlarged. this has been done on Seawitch playfields. Next week will see the cardboard boxes for playfields go to the shop. Marco Specialties did not receive any Star Gazer playfields in 2018, & they want to have them in stock.

#1485 5 years ago

quick (and serious) question for you john

after having everything finalized, how is it possible for you to get back a playfield where the lane switch holes were not cnc'ed? do you have different cuts set to run as separate programs due to the fact that whoever is cutting these for you has a cnc that can only accommodate a limited number of tools?

if that's the case, it seems like something as simple as a notepad checklist would alleviate this issue

#1486 5 years ago

Star Gazer has had the switches not cut a few times. They go back. Seawitch tests the last batch had 1 light hole not done fully. Production problems happen. I am the quality control & prep person on the playfields.

#1487 5 years ago

Update: Tempered glass blanks being delivered Friday. The 2 Star Gazer playfields sold, are coming back from cnc (missed lane switches) also on Friday. In talks with the owner of the cnc shop. We want to get the cnc time blocked in for production (this month). Speed up production & get the plywood sheets cut. The first block will see some more Star Gazer playfields cut, & to finally dial in Seawitch. Then Seawitch will be cut in large numbers quickly. The future Star Gazer playfield run I will get the holes for screws for wood rails enlarged. this has been done on Seawitch playfields. Next week will see the cardboard boxes for playfields go to the shop. Marco Specialties did not receive any Star Gazer playfields in 2018, & they want to have them in stock.

ok, I misread post 1482. Anyway a guy asked me if I had a Catacomb bg for sale, I said no but sent him your way in case you had some.

#1488 5 years ago

John,

Will the pre ordered Sea Witch PFs get done before any StarGazer stock is issued to Marco?

#1489 5 years ago

I will likely run 16 Star Gazer, & 4 Seawitch. 5 sheets of plywood. I got the 2 Star Gazer back today. They need to be gone over, & any drilling improvements made for production. Like larger holes on Seawitch for wood rails. I talked with the cnc tech, & I hope to confirm a block of time for this month. When they do the 4 Seawitch hopefully this will be the final correction. The other 5 sheets will be cut for Seawitch asap. More sheets will be cut in February for new Seawitch orders & any out standing pre orders that are still waiting on the best playfields. 10 sheets will go to the shop in the future for cnc. They want them there & done for Star Gazer & Seawitch. They are blocking space in the busy production house. Below is the pricing info for Classic Stern Backglass. Place your order now to get them. Or next bunch mid February.

Great Pinball Limited, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Classic Stern Glass 2019 Sales each glass title: Price on Ebay is $300 US + $50 US shipping USA. Private sales are $250 US + $50 US shipping.

If you are a previous customer of backglass (Star Gazer, Seawitch, Nineball, Catacomb, Lightning, & Iron Maiden)  or playfield (Star Gazer & Seawitch). $225  US + $50 US shipping. On the honor system of backglass made by Great Pinball. Can be purchased in the past from me (Great Pinball), Ebay, Marco Specialties, or with a private seller (can be with a pinball machine sale, or part sale).

If you order 2 or 3 Stern backglass in the same box. You can get a further $25 US off the cost of all backglass. Shipping total will remain at $50 US per box, & I will absorb the rest. 

Paypal: [email protected]
Please include your phone number & email with paypal. Along with the glass title. If this info is missing I will contact you, as it is needed for UPS Standard ground shipping. 

Glass is shipped in custom manufactured double cardboard walled box. Has honeycomb cardboard spacers. Glass is wrapped in in paper for protection! Edge strap guards are taped to corners of outside box. Glass damage by UPS is around 3%, & I self insure my glass. Any problems contact me: [email protected] or phone 902-402-7188 cell. If I need to contact you by phone: 902-457-1399 home

Glass is tempered with **NO LOGO**. Manufactured by Canadian Glass Manufacturer. 3mm x 25.5" x 28.5" 
http://www.vitroglazings.com/en-US/Glass/Architectural-Glasses.aspx

Glass has been printed (hundreds) by Atlantic Digital Reproductions. They also do my playfields. Glass is hit double pass for color & white, Single hit (pass) for gray blocking. Example ink head prints & uv cures: color, color, white, white, & gray. Commercial UV inkjet production on flatbed printer (OCE).
 http://www.atlanticdigital.ca/

Thanks for your purchase! 

#1490 5 years ago

In the process of getting ready my pricing for a new web site 2019. For playfields the price is going to $600 US each playfield. Star Gazer & Seawitch. The next batch of 16 Star Gazer & 4 Seawitch should be cut this month. Next 20 Seawitch asap after final dial in of cnc, & 40 in February. If your interested in Star Gazer contact me. If you are interested in Seawitch please hold off contacting me until I get the pre orders & previous interested parties done. Any one that prepaid is getting the best playfields first, & only reduced playfields will be available to others. There is $50 US shipping per playfield for new customers in 2019. If I have been in contact with interest to buy Seawitch or Star Gazer playfield people in 2018 or earlier. Just show me a link of email or message & the shipping fee will be zero!

#1491 5 years ago

John did you ever find your list of the Seawitch people that pre paid?

#1492 5 years ago

No I am still on crutches. I will start with everyone who has provided info the last couple of years. The paper work is in storage. Most of my info online was with my Hotmail account which is blocked from me. If you responded here, my outlook account, or by paypal I should have it. I know there is a master copy with Star Gazer prepaid playfields some where in storage. Hope to find it in the next 6 weeks.

#1493 5 years ago

Spent my Sunday afternoon moving (cleaning) stuff for the arrival of 75 inside, & 50 outside playfield box sets. Picking them up Monday afternoon. In the pictures you can see what is left of honeycomb spacers for my glass box in front & remaining box to the right of my chair. Have about 15 box left, 300 ordered almost 9 years ago (so 600 honeycomb spacers). Anyone going into sales needs balls of steel. I will be ordering more glass box & spacers next month. Pictures of me with my boot on (steel plate bottom), as I recover from surgery some more months. Al pictured is the local operator I do service work for, & we share a work shop. My driver while I recover.

IMG_0001 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (1) (resized).JPG

#1494 5 years ago

Al looks happy.

#1495 5 years ago

John, hoping (expecting actually) that I will be one of the 4 who will get the first Seawitch play fields in 2019. Paid April 2013.

John Greatwich pinball Paypal verification (resized).pngJohn Greatwich pinball Paypal verification (resized).pngPinball Greatwich Seawitch 2 (resized).pngPinball Greatwich Seawitch 2 (resized).png
#1496 5 years ago

Thanks Mark. Here is the cardboard box sets picked up today. 50 outside, 75 inside, & 4 remaining stock outside. I let them know another bunch to be ordered in March. Still waiting on cnc block time. You can count the bunches of 10 mostly & 1 of 5.

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG
#1497 5 years ago

Fantastic John. Hope your foot is healing safely. Happy New Year!!

#1498 5 years ago

Update: The cnc shop has time blocked for me for cnc. 16 Star Gazer & 4 Seawitch. As soon as the final tweaks are done, 20 more Seawitch will be cut. I will then ramp up another 40 Seawitch for non prepaid orders. Glass is moving fast for Classic Stern titles: Seawitch, Star Gazer, Catacomb, Nineball, Lightning, & Iron Maiden. Next glass is mid February. My goal is to restock Marco Specialties & to finish Seawitch playfields pre order guys this Winter or Spring at the latest. Plywood 10 sheets will be ordered Tuesday am, for delivery Wednesday.

#1499 5 years ago

Nice cant wait for my stargazer backglàss and playfield.

#1500 5 years ago

10 sheets of plywood ordered for Thursday delivery. I will be going to the sign shop that day also to improve the drill holes for wood rails. This has been done for Seawitch playfields. I let them know another 10 sheet order will be coming in February.

There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.