IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.
#1401 5 years ago

Had a bad cold for the last 4 days. Just getting back to playfields. Seawitch test #2 was sold along with a damaged edge glass. The owner will finish clear coats again. Still looking to get 5-6 in for printing by the 31st.

#1402 5 years ago

Mouth watering, can't wait to get a new seawitch pf in my hands!

#1403 5 years ago

can those of us that pre-paid get a numbered list of where we stand in the grand scheme of things?

#1404 5 years ago

j_m_ That would be nice...

greatwichjohn even if it were only distributed via PM...

#1405 5 years ago

I bought one of the non-cleared Star Gazer's from John this month. It is a thing of beauty. Now have to wait until the weather warms and dries to clear coat it. Can't wait for my Seawitch!

Thanks John

#1406 5 years ago

My priority is to get these 10 done. Still searching my boxes for paper work. The people that keep posting are at the top of the list. My memory is that there was 20 - 25 pre order Seawitch. 3 refunds so the list is likely around low 20`s. I am still fighting this nasty cold, & waiting to get a free flu shot. It is a wet week here. First 6 ready for sanding & sealing by Sunday. Should go to printer next week. Working to finish the next 4 for inserts weeks end.

People pre paid will get first crack at the best ones, or with minor flaws. It has been over 5 years to finally get Seawitch playfields done. Like I have said earlier plywood is very hard to track down. The new stuff 1/2 inch with super thin hard maple veneer both sides. So the cnc contactor will be asked to redo the depth to get as flush or above. I use a disc hand sander to reduce burn through of the veneer. There will be around 40 new production run Seawitch cut in November. I will start inserts as soon as they are done. Have a better idea of if these are far superior to these 10 tests on old maple plywood with veneer thickness the same or very close. So people can decide that have pre paid.

The 2 Star Gazer are spoken for. Forgot one during my move, & vid is getting one (discounted $100 for Space Shuttle that never got restored). Art was lost years ago. I will post some pictures of Seawitch production late Tuesday.

1 week later
#1407 5 years ago

"The people that keep posting are at the top of the list"

With that in mind, I'm submitting another post. For the record, I prepaid for one Seawitch playfield on August 3, 2014. Thank you, John, for your persistence.

-Steve Elias

#1408 5 years ago

greatwichjohn , my payment for Seawitch was sent on August 29, 2013.

In my case, it is more important that rather than getting one "first", I receive one of the "firsts". I hope that those waiting the longest will receive the nicest fields produced.

#1409 5 years ago

We can start our own list right here, I prepaid on 5-8-14.

#1410 5 years ago

I prepaid on 5-29-2014, John said i was #18 of 20 at the time.

#1411 5 years ago

I prepaid for a Seawitch playfield on 5/28/2014.

#1412 5 years ago

I'm Seawitch #1, paid 4/22/13.
-Joe Scaletta

#1413 5 years ago

I don't have a number and feel left out. however, I didn't jump in until feb 09, 2015 so I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some of you

#1414 5 years ago

I've asked a bunch of times to get in on one of these so I'm just re-upping that request

#1415 5 years ago

Still fighting the bad cold that is out there, 20 days now. Just got back from the shop. 3 ready for sealing. Sanding 2 more, & 1 last minute epoxy repairs. So that`s 6. 2 more with lenses epoxied, & 2 more to do. There is going to very little grade 1 playfields with this test run. That being said the guys that prepaid will have first crack. I will be talking with the cnc shop later this week for tweaking to finally dial in this run with new 1/2 inch hard maple good both sides. Back to the shop tonight, & I will try to post pictures. The guys with the yellow arrow lenses will wait for new plywood production.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I've asked a bunch of times to get in on one of these so I'm just re-upping that request

Might get one sooner with CPR.

#1417 5 years ago

You never know (CPR) or maybe the robots in Germany will churn out all grade one playfields. After doing pinball restoration & new products the last 10 years. I will focus on more personal projects in 2019, after finishing production. Test #3, & 10 playfields test #4 run.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG
#1418 5 years ago

Feb 1, 2015.

Hope you are feeling better soon John.

#1419 5 years ago

No number but was 2013-12-13 for me.

#1420 5 years ago

Paid and received confirmation from John 4-23-15

Thanks again for doing this, I have one of your backglasses and have no doubt the playfield will be awesome.

#1421 5 years ago

I am Seawitch #2, paid 4/23/13

#1422 5 years ago

Paid May 19th 2015

Hope you feel better soon John.

#1423 5 years ago

My playfield was paid for 3/2015.

#1424 5 years ago

I paid for mine May 9, 2013. Looks like Seawitch #3 unless I am mistaken.

#1425 5 years ago

I paid dec 2013 for mine.

#1427 5 years ago

Feb 2015, much later than most.

#1428 5 years ago

Keep the info coming, still looking for my paper work. 3 playfields ready for the printer next week. All remaining playfields have inserts installed. Either 3 more or all will go to the printer next week. Holiday weekend. I will try for more pictures the next few days. I still have to see the cnc shop next week also to get playfields set up for new plywood. They will get plywood later this month. I will be in Austin, Texas for xmas & new years Dec. 18 to Jan. 2 to visit my brother.

#1429 5 years ago

Paid May 31, 2014 and sent yellow inserts

#1430 5 years ago

Paid September 4th, 2013

#1431 5 years ago

Paid for both my Seawitch and Star Gazer playfields on Apr 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM

#1432 5 years ago

John how many people signed up for Seawitch PF?

I am on waiting list once originals have received theirs.

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

John how many people signed up for Seawitch PF?
I am on waiting list once originals have received theirs.

I'm on the non prepaid list since 7-3-2018

#1434 5 years ago

Paid April 25th, 2013

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 2.15.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-11 at 2.15.13 PM (resized).png
#1435 5 years ago

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:John has a list of who paid what and when. Please stop posting these "i paid on x date" posts. You wasting everyone's time

Complains about posts. Doesn't read John's.

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Keep the info coming, still looking for my paper work.

My priority is to get these 10 done. Still searching my boxes for paper work.

#1438 5 years ago

I do not mind people posting a list. I am still working on playfields, & still looking for my records in storage.

#1439 5 years ago

3 Seawitch went to the printer late today. I have 3 Seawitch glass printed which I will get next week. Some free warranty glass on me. The printer has switched to new ink. The print file has to be adjusted to correct for ghosted white Bonus X in the top. Looks like the next 3 or more will go for printing next week when I pick up the glass.

#1440 5 years ago

Hi John, 23 May 2014 for me. Thanks!

#1441 5 years ago

Please keep updating your purchase. Still searching my storage unit for the master list from years ago. Just found out my foot surgery is next week (Monday) since there was a cancelation. I have been waiting for 1.5 years now. So I will be getting more help with production the next 9 months. Info sent to printer for final correction of top bonus X.

#1442 5 years ago

Please keep updating your purchase. Still searching my storage unit for the master list from years ago. Just found out my foot surgery is next week (Monday) since there was a cancelation. I have been waiting for 1.5 years now. So I will be getting more help with production the next 9 months. Info sent to printer for final correction of top bonus X.

Good luck with your surgery John!

#1443 5 years ago

Thanks for best wishes on my right foot surgery on Monday. I had a hard time getting up to my second floor apartment (no elevator). Non weight bearing for months. I get the soft cast off on Dec. 11, & will try to do minor work with assistance before xmas trip to my brother in Austin, Texas.

Friday I talked with the printer about X correction at top. Then they will print the 3 playfields, these are hopefully final test #4 cnc adjustment. As soon as this is done, I hope to get cnc depth for lenses adjusted, & playfields cut.

The new plywood is 1/2 hard maple (very thin both sides) on Baltic Birch core, 4 x 8 foot sheet. This stocked locally for one of the big universities carpenter shop. The plywood is stocked locally in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia http://robertbury.com/

My printer of glass & playfields is: http://www.atlanticdigital.ca/

Also off the beer since last Wednesday, & likely for a month while taking pain pills.

#1444 5 years ago

3 playfields printed, & I will get them picked up next week. Still stuck on the sofa & bed with my cast. Down to my last shipping box. I order 30 - 100 inner & outter boxes for playfields locally: They also do the custom glass boxes for me with honeycomb spacers.
http://mcdonaldpackaging.ca/

#1445 5 years ago

Looks like Tuesday for pick up of the 3 playfields.

#1446 5 years ago

I am still in for Seawitch if there are extras.

Emailed with you about this a while ago, when I got a Stargazer.

Keep me posted when the time comes.

#1447 5 years ago

Seawitch playfield update: The X Bonus lense top right has been fixed, & print file looks ok. I know one playfield has bad plywood burn from sunken lenses (middle playfield). The middle top rollover is really bad, along with some areas. These can be seen on printed, unfinished clear playfields. So I have to look closely at these & grade them. Also it looks like some lenses still need minor tweaking. So I would like to try & see if all these tests are the same for lenses & ink. There are pre buyers & others interested in discounted non cleared playfields. So if I can find very good ones (likely a few out of 11) these will be going out. So later this week I will be grading them. Also try to get 3 or more to the printer before Dec. 18 This was my first day outside, after a week after right foot surgery. Pictures were taken from a chair, so they are poor!

I am waiting to confirm my tempered glass blanks order for early January. So I only have a few Seawitch available. Playfield box sets just ordered, 75 inner, & 50 outter for early January. Still waiting to talk with CNC owner later this week or next about playfield production for 2019. Talking with my vendors about 2019, Marco Specialties & Zeakapeak. Will check on my new playfield plywood to make sure it is ready to go to cnc after my return Jan. 2 from Texas.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG

#1449 5 years ago

Hope to return to my day job next year. Need to be able to lift heavy swimming pool chemicals down stairs & into tanks. Also be able to get on my knees & stand up easily.

2 of 3 Seawitch glass gone. Marco might be getting the 3rd. More glass early in the year.

#1450 5 years ago

Tried getting in on a list a couple years back but was told to just keep checking this thread. Still checking but still don’t really know how or if I can even get in on either a stargazer or seawitch playfield in any shape at all. Uncleared is just fine by me.

-Jim

There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.