IMG_0717 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).jpg
IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 52.
#801 7 years ago

any update john?
I sent you an email asking where I stood and for photos of the available playfields but only received a "will do" response and nothing more a week ago

#802 7 years ago

7 still out for clear, next 7 ready to go for clear, final 20 waiting on a few missing lenses.

#803 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to mine John, they look great!

#804 7 years ago

John, will the recent direct ink printer issue impact Star Gazer or Seawitch production?
-mof

#805 7 years ago

No, it is a different higher production print business that does my printing for new playfields & backglass work. New plywood even 2+ years with some warpage or bowing can be printed. They mask the back & use a suction on the flat bed printer. If the playfields have some warp or bow they further tape the edge down to the table for printing. The restorations were done on a old Colorspan 9840 which is being retired very soon from my original printer. They still do quality overlays & some other printing for me.

#806 7 years ago

John, is there any possibility that you could simply run Sorcerer decks using the same production process that is employed for Stargazer & Seawitch?

I would much rather pay you for a freshly printed Sorcerer deck than crossing my fingers and hoping for it to hit the CPR queue or install an overlay.

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

No, it is a different higher production print business that does my printing for new playfields & backglass work.

Fantastic.
-mof

#808 7 years ago

Unfortunately original playfields won't be restored at the other printer. It's also a license problem for me to produce Planetary Pinball product that is in the works from their major parts suppliers.

#809 7 years ago

Seawitch Update: I will get playfields cutting in July & done in small batches. So playfields finished to get this all completed before the end of this year. Hopefully all done before December. Here is a overlay just printed to give you a idea of end result for new playfields.

IMG_0171_(resized).JPGIMG_0171_(resized).JPG

IMG_0172_(resized).JPGIMG_0172_(resized).JPG

#810 7 years ago

Excellent. I can't want to upgrade my Seawitch. Thanks, John.

3 weeks later
#811 7 years ago

Hey John, I sent you the two yellow inserts for my Seawitch playfield. I think you sent them to someone to try and reproduce. Any word on the reproductions?

#812 7 years ago

john,
it's now been over a month since you posted that you were going to send images to those of us still on the waiting list to pick from the 14 play fields which are done. any idea on when that email will send?

#813 7 years ago

My friend here in Sweden owns a Stargazer, but i dunno if this is needed sicne there already exist playfields?

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Hey John, I sent you the two yellow inserts for my Seawitch playfield. I think you sent them to someone to try and reproduce. Any word on the reproductions?

I also sent John a set of yellow arrows for the Seawitch project.

#815 7 years ago

The arrows are still here, & when the time comes time I will try a few different ways for production. The 7 Star Gazers are still out for clear, & the next 7 ready to go for clear. Still waiting on inserts that are missing to finish up the rest. Still have to get the plywood for Seawitch production to the sign shop the last week of this month. I posted a overlay for Seawitch to show the art previously.

2 weeks later
#816 7 years ago

is there anything new to report?

I guess I'm feeling just a bit anxious after waiting 2+ years for both playfields (and still waiting) given that most of the SG playfields were complete almost 6 months ago. updates seem to be few and far between

1 week later
#817 7 years ago

Busy summer with my regular 6 day a week job. The first 7 Star Gazer playfields just came back from clear coats. Next 7 should be done by the end of this month or September. Looks like I finally get the first batch of Seawitch blanks to the sign shop next week when I go on vacation. I will post some pictures of these SG playfields in the morning. I will contact people again to get the final SG playfields out, & there are still the over run ones left to do the next 2 - 3 months.

#818 7 years ago

Pictures & the next 7 should be back by the end of the month for clear coats. Here is a picture of the first Seawitch blanks ready for cnc work.

IMG_0267_(resized).JPGIMG_0267_(resized).JPG

IMG_0268_(resized).JPGIMG_0268_(resized).JPG

IMG_0269_(resized).JPGIMG_0269_(resized).JPG

IMG_0270_(resized).JPGIMG_0270_(resized).JPG

IMG_0271_(resized).JPGIMG_0271_(resized).JPG

IMG_0272_(resized).JPGIMG_0272_(resized).JPG

#819 7 years ago

What about the Space Shuttle playfields?

#820 7 years ago

I'm still trying to find Ed's info to see if I can get the files again. The printer lost the files, & so they are waiting for a overlay to get finished. Anyone with Ed's email info let me know.

IMG_0273_(resized).JPGIMG_0273_(resized).JPG

IMG_0274_(resized).JPGIMG_0274_(resized).JPG

#821 7 years ago

Anyone with Ed's email info let me know.

Does the email he gives on his web site not work?

#822 7 years ago

Santa, I've set aside December 25-31 to do my Seawitch playfield swap. I'll need 60-70 hours on my side, if I'm fully prepared.
It'll be a swell xmas present if it makes it on time.
I'll start preparing on my end soon.
-mof

#823 7 years ago

Pictures & the next 7 should be back by the end of the month for clear coats. Here is a picture of the first Seawitch blanks ready for cnc work.

John

You have stated that the Seawitch PFs will be ready by end of this year. Is this still a realistic timeframe?

Thanks.

1 week later
#824 7 years ago

I would also appreciate an update on the Seawitch playfield timeline.

#825 7 years ago

I was having problems with my [email protected] email, which i check less often than messages here. I have been in contact with Ed to hopefully finish the last Space Shuttles here. I took a vacation to enjoy having my brother up from Austin, Texas. Playfields & glass were going out when I had a chance. Pictures of Sorcerer with overlay going out. Winding down restorations for good this year.

Seawitch wood now is going to the shop before September (Monday - Wednesday). I'll post up some pictures of the shop.

Star Gazer guys, if you have still not received your playfield. Let me know. The remaining playfields in production will be on standby until needed. The last 2 batches have some red trans lenses, which are for sale to people not on the list. These had a few more nicks repaired around targets.

IMG_0354 (resized).JPGIMG_0354 (resized).JPG

IMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPG

IMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPG

IMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0357 (resized).JPG

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

IMG_0359 (resized).JPGIMG_0359 (resized).JPG

IMG_0360 (resized).JPGIMG_0360 (resized).JPG

#826 7 years ago

Thanks for the update on the Seawitch John. I appreciate your efforts and look forward ro getting my playfield.

#827 7 years ago

I know where that Sorcerer is headed!

#828 7 years ago

Got my Star Gazer playfield and backglass yesterday! They look amazing. Now if i can track down the plastics, i can get this project for my wife off the ground

#829 7 years ago

You guys need to buy a set of my beautiful cabinet stencils and repaint your cabinets to match all these new playfields, back glasses in plastics!

#830 7 years ago

Dude just got your stencils last week! lol.

1 week later
#831 7 years ago

Seawitch is getting ready for production. 14 blanks to start off. I just need to verify before cutting starts. Blanks went to the sign shop today.

#832 7 years ago

Great news John!

#833 7 years ago

thanks for the update john. any word on those last 7 stargazer playfields?

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

thanks for the update john. any word on those last 7 stargazer playfields?

#835 7 years ago

Seawitch is getting ready for production. 14 blanks to start off

John, great news. Do you still need us to make decisions individually on insert colors?
-mof

#836 7 years ago

When it comes time for printing. I will ask the printer to run one with yellow ink over a white arrow lense. See if that looks ok.

#837 7 years ago

Received my Stargazer playfield the other day, finally unboxed it. Glorious.

Thank you John!

#838 7 years ago

Just an FYI to anyone getting playfields from John. The star rollovers for the playfield are punched through and held in the inner cardboard liner. I didn't discover this until about 6 months after getting mine.

#839 7 years ago

Has anyone installed one of these Stargazer playfields in their game yet? I'd love to see some pics and get some feedback on the game play, clear coat, etc.

Anyone?

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Has anyone installed one of these Stargazer playfields in their game yet? I'd love to see some pics and get some feedback on the game play, clear coat, etc.
Anyone?

Doing it right now. Too early to comment on gameplay.
Clearcoat is great. Print quality isn't the same as silkscreen and the blue is a bit lighter than the original... but still very good when your options are otherwise limited. My original was covered in Mylar and there was no way it was coming up without taking the art with it.

I completed the cabinet a few weeks ago so I should have this playfield work wrapped up in a week or so. Just waiting on some new star posts nfrom Marcos. Seawitch is next in line.

IMG-20160906-WA0015 (resized).jpegIMG-20160906-WA0015 (resized).jpeg

20160916_233335 (resized).jpg20160916_233335 (resized).jpg

#841 7 years ago

One more thing. I figure this would be a good place to post this.
For anyone looking to update their standup targets when swapping in John's playfields, you can now contact Bob Lengelius to get some new faces. He was doing the translucent Bally ones a while back but I convinced him to make some opaque Stern ones since they are a match for the Bally part.

He's made some in white, yellow and red so far.
You can reach him at: [email protected]

20160907_224023 (resized).jpg20160907_224023 (resized).jpg

#842 7 years ago

Thanks for the Seawitch update John

#843 7 years ago

Here is some pics, play real good, clearcoat is awesome, no problem at all with the playfeild from John

stargazer2 (resized).jpgstargazer2 (resized).jpg

stargazer5 (resized).jpgstargazer5 (resized).jpg

stargazer3 (resized).jpgstargazer3 (resized).jpg

#844 7 years ago

And there is a gameplay video!

#845 7 years ago

Looks great, Red!

#846 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

One more thing. I figure this would be a good place to post this.
For anyone looking to update their standup targets when swapping in John's playfields, you can now contact Bob Lengelius to get some new faces. He was doing the translucent Bally ones a while back but I convinced him to make some opaque Stern ones since they are a match for the Bally part.
He's made some in white, yellow and red so far.
You can reach him at: [email protected]

I'm gonna have to get some of these for sure, thanks for posting.

#847 7 years ago

Any update on the Space Shuttles?

2 weeks later
#848 7 years ago

Art work for Space Shuttle needs work for printing overlays. So these will be late this year hopefully!
Seawitch update, I have been under the weather with a bad right foot the last 3 weeks. So hopefully I go to the shop & give them final ok to start cutting them on Friday. I have ordered 50 box set of double playfield box's for Star Gazer, Seawitch, etc. should be here the end of next week. Checking with Marco Specialties on lense order for next week, likely everything except for yellow arrows.

Got the call today about the next 7 Star Gazer finished clear coats. May be coming Friday.

1 week later
#849 7 years ago

Seawitch production finally gets going this month. Went to the sign shop & talked with the owner Tuesday. Got him up to speed on the second title. They have a original playfield, & a previously cut one. These playfields are being done with 17/32" pinball quality plywood. So adjustments have to be done. I should see the first one for approval towards the end of the month.

Still waiting on the next 7 finished Star Gazer playfields to come back from clear coats. Thought I was going to see them last Friday. Still waiting on the next 50 double box cardboard box's being manufactured. Still talking with Marco about my lense order.

#850 7 years ago

Thanks for the update, John...can't wait for Seawitch!

There are 2,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-prepay-500-us-for-a-new-stern-seawitch-or-star-gazer-playfield/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.