Topic Stats

• 1,991 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Evets
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,085 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

676AC90F-4225-4DFA-9D8D-308D256312A7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
IMG_0077 (resized).JPG
20200515_175332.jpg
20200515_175006.jpg
20200515_174703.jpg
IMG_0042 (resized).JPG
IMG_0043 (resized).JPG
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
IMG_0054 (resized).JPG
IMG_0062 (resized).JPG
IMG_0021 (resized).JPG
IMG_0020 (resized).JPG
IMG_0019 (resized).JPG

There are 1991 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 40.
#551 5 years ago

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with #13...

#552 5 years ago

Guys I'm still trying to sort out who's where on the list. So hang in there! Busy with locals visiting me back from my vacation. Here are pictures of Lightning glass, looks great.

018.JPG 017.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG
#553 5 years ago

Lightning!

Looks great!

#554 5 years ago

Very Nice - Well Done John!
And ..... Huge props to all of the folks that were a part of it!

#555 5 years ago

First 4 guys on the paypal list have been contacted. Yes good effort on Lightning backglass!

#556 5 years ago

I am looking forward to starting the playfield swap on my Star Gazer this summer and maybe Seawitch this fall. The Star Gazer #8 playfield you had at the TPF looked great and I am very happy with how it turned out. I am putting together my parts order list for the playfield swap now...

It was great seeing you again at the TPF. Next year at the TPF you should be able to check out my Star Gazer after the swap.

-- Shawn

#557 5 years ago

OK the first group in early April 2013 have playfields going out. #11 A- rating with a warp to right top corner has a 1/2" gap. It will flatten when populated, very little pressure by hand corner to corner test. Anyone in April 2013 can claim this one right away. The next group of 6 will be painted bottom side & graded.

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 001.JPG
#558 5 years ago

I'm hoping to bring a fantastic Seawitch to next years TPF.

#559 5 years ago

I'm curious to know how many people bought a Star Gazer playfield but actually don't own the game ?
This title is very hard to find in any condition.

#560 5 years ago

I ordered one before I had the game but was able to find one since

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I ordered one before I had the game but was able to find one since

Me too

#562 5 years ago

Plus you have a few guys making new ones, from parts. I think the majority of the buyers have a pin needing a new playfield, or they are actively searching out a blown out one. Stern's were pretty rare in my area, Bally was king during that time.

Those next 6 playfields got gray painted backside. Looks like early May to see some more going out.

#563 5 years ago

Next 6 graded, & #11 still available. Contacting the next group this week for picks. #13 A- warp top right & bottom edge, #14 A+, #15 A bottom left minor warp, #16 A+, #17 A- warp top right & bottom edge, minor wood repairs with epoxy, #18 A- warp to middle of playfield. All these playfields with warp will flatten out. Still working on the rest before sending for printing, should be a next group to printer the end of next week.

006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG 031.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG 034.JPG 035.JPG 036.JPG 037.JPG 038.JPG 039.JPG 040.JPG 041.JPG 042.JPG 043.JPG 044.JPG 045.JPG
#564 5 years ago

Looks beautiful. I cant wait for mine to show up. I hope Im in the next group.

MIke

#565 5 years ago

Ok the next group has been contacted, except for Chris Hibler who gets the last pick (lucky #13 statement come back). I will see if he wants one after the other guys pick a A- grade playfield. Please let me know if you or I are cleaning the rollover inserts.

#566 5 years ago

Ok I have gone through the last bunch of playfields ready to go. Next group will be in 4 - 8 weeks. Anyone interested in #17 ready to go, if Chris passes. Let me know if your interested. Anyone who purchased in 2014 will likely be in the last group.

001.JPG 002.JPG
#567 5 years ago

Here are some pictures showing epoxy repairs. Most are very minor & you will have to look closely when its populated to see. If it was covered in ink you would never know it was repaired.

003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG
#568 5 years ago

Put me on the list for the Lightning backglass, thanks!

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Guys I'm still trying to sort out who's where on the list. So hang in there! Busy with locals visiting me back from my vacation. Here are pictures of Lightning glass, looks great.

#569 5 years ago

Hi John
would be interested in #17 if if Chris passes.

#570 5 years ago

John I heard you are coming to the New England Pinball show? Hoping to see some of your stuff in person

#571 5 years ago

I am ready for mine John. Bill Texas.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Hi John
would be interested in #17 if if Chris passes.

I put it up on Ebay. I noticed that there was a air bubble burst or something in the clear near the bottom of the R letter. Really hard to see, but at certain angles of light its there. So someone will likely pick it up on Ebay. If not some more advertising that new playfields are in production.

ebay.com link » Star Gazer Pinball Playfield

Yes it will be nice to meet people at the New England Show in July. The rest of the playfields are getting ready for printing, & I hope to have 12 more cut soon. So hang in there! Seawitch hopefully soon.

#573 5 years ago

Star Gazer playfield #6 has arrived and been unboxed! I'll share some pics and observations tomorrow when I have better light. Tonight I think I'll just ogle this beauty.....

#574 5 years ago

Strange both didn't arrive the same day by UPS Roy.

#575 5 years ago

I put it up on Ebay. I noticed that there was a air bubble burst or something in the clear near the bottom of the R letter. Really hard to see, but at certain angles of light its there. So someone will likely pick it up on Ebay. If not some more advertising that new playfields are in production.
ebay.com link ยป Star Gazer Pinball Playfield
Yes it will be nice to meet people at the New England Show in July. The rest of the playfields are getting ready for printing, & I hope to have 12 more cut soon. So hang in there! Seawitch hopefully soon.

Playfield has sold on Ebay. I checked with the sign shop, still hoping 12 more get cut this month. Working on getting the final initial batch off to the printer this month.

#576 5 years ago

Strange both didn't arrive the same day by UPS Roy.

Actually they did. But haven't had time yet to unbox #5, that will be today!

#577 5 years ago

So how well does John pack these playfields for shipping? Pretty darn well. Full paper wrapping. Then an inner box, including the white stars for the star inserts. Then an outer box. Both boxes are nice heavy weight cardboard. Instructions for cleaning the star inserts are included, and each playfield (and the box too) have the playfield serial number on them.

Outer box.JPG Star inserts.JPG Inner box.JPG Inner wrapped.JPG
#578 5 years ago

While great care was taken in packing for shipping, or course we want to see what is inside! I don't have good enough light to take good pictures of this beauty inside without having the playfield laying on a table under fluorescent light (causes reflection and I can't get the whole playfield in one shot) and the outside weather hasn't cooperated while I've been at home so I needed to use a flash and stay close to the playfield, so these pics are the best I can do for now. The partial pictures from outside don't show off the clear coat as well as you can see it in person, so I included the final picture under indoor lighting (ignore the fluorescent tube reflection) to help show the glossy clear coat.

When I bought this Star Gazer years ago (my second - first one was sold to Duncan Brown) I never thought it would be possible to restore it properly, but John has changed all that. Its quite something to look at one of John's repro playfields and realize they probably look better than the ones that originally rolled off the Stern production line!

Playfield lower.JPG Playfield mid.JPG Playfield upper.JPG Partial playfield glossy.JPG Backside.JPG Serial number.JPG
#579 5 years ago

mine arrived last Friday, Awesome John
You are the truly a gentleman !!

#580 5 years ago

Tracking shows local UPS office received mine Friday, should go out for delivery tomorrow.

#581 5 years ago

Another 6 going over to the printer Monday am, & I will try to get more over the end of the week.

001.JPG

002.JPG 003.JPG
#582 5 years ago

I'm still anxiously awaiting.

#583 5 years ago

Yes the push is on for Star Gazer playfields, & I just delivered the next 6 to the printer. I have found the supplier for future plywood orders. I will be switching to all maple plywood. http://www.huskyplywood.com/en/
11 ply shown, 9 ply is 1/2".

003.JPG 004.JPG
#584 5 years ago

Wow that's got a lot of layers

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Wow that's got a lot of layers

Yes very nice product, & you should have a look at the video from the plant. Started in 1940 supplying the wood for airplanes in WW2. Quebec is the best area for hardwood maple trees, & supplies a large volume of maple sugar. It is very hard to find a mill anywhere to produce quality maple veneer plywood, & even harder to get a quality all maple plywood. The veneer (hard maple) is twice as thick as the first Baltic Birch core plywood being used on initial Star Gazer, & first few Seawitch playfields.

#586 5 years ago

Does anyone have a set of plastics for sale for Stargazer? I saw that there were repros made a year ago ... are any of these still around?

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Does anyone have a set of plastics for sale for Stargazer? I saw that there were repros made a year ago ... are any of these still around?

Probably everyone that's getting playfields are going to want new plastics and new pop bumper caps. Both of which are not available.

#588 5 years ago

Is there a time frame for Sea Witch playfields yet? If it's buried in this thread, I apologize...

#589 5 years ago

Hopefully in May to start Seawitch production. I asked about Star Gazer plastics & didn't get a response. If someone gets through Marco Specialties said they may order 30 to hopefully get them available.

#590 5 years ago

Hopefully in May to start Seawitch production. I asked about Star Gazer plastics & didn't get a response. If someone gets through Marco Specialties said they may order 30 to hopefully get them available.

Super! Thanks John....

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Probably everyone that's getting playfields are going to want new plastics and new pop bumper caps. Both of which are not available.

I made my own pops. Just ordered white caps, made this file and printed them out onto water-slide decal paper. Doubled up the top decal because of the lightbulb.

Enjoy!

Star.Gazer_Pop.bumper_8decals_OTTOgd_Jun20-13.pdf

#592 5 years ago

Jeez OTTOgd, is there anything you don't do??

Also thumbs up to you John. Glad you found a source for your plywood. It looks top-notch.

#593 5 years ago

Wow, quite the optical illusion if you scroll up and down on those bumper decals....

#594 5 years ago

Received this beauty today. Thanks again John, amazing work!

IMG_0853.JPG

#595 5 years ago

eleven.jpg

IMG_0854.JPG

#596 5 years ago

May sounds good for the Seawitch play fields. I hope I am near the top of the list. I have been waiting for awhile.

Mark Salas

#597 5 years ago

Are we still able to get on the list for Seawitch playfields.. ??? We have just purchased the game this month .. And didn't know about this thread.

thx.

NT>

#598 5 years ago

Very excited for Seawitch as well, especially after seeing the quality of the Star Gazer PFs. Great work, John.

Steve

#599 5 years ago

I'd be in for plastics if anyone has them.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I'd be in for plastics if anyone has them.

Seawitch plastic's are already available from Classic playfields or Marco's specialties, Star Gazer's were floating for a while but not sure if they are still around. I picked up a set from PromoJoe23 off this forum about 3 years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 1991 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside