(Topic ID: 292522)

Would you play an em at location for $1 per game?

By metalguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60DCC3F7-4767-4D20-8D9C-D8F2604D4473 (resized).png
    0CA657BA-72DC-4C16-A787-915C7561122B (resized).png
    0123ABDE-4939-4F6F-BDF9-C8CF9B56D27C (resized).png
    7FFD147A-9078-4394-A76F-AFBD32A4A24E (resized).png
    D191DC28-B1A8-4DCA-AD9E-696858ABDE37 (resized).jpeg
    7E02F8F5-45C2-449E-BDD7-5E16938420FD (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 3.39.46 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I want to put a few of my games at my shop running them with sba coin mechs. Here in new england electricity cost alone is crazy even with leds instead of incandescents. And on top of that my town has a $25 dollar a year vending stamp I have to put on each machine. .25 cents just wont cut it. Not trying to make a bunch of money just break even or better after maintenance and electric. I also have a stock pile of sba coins and presidential coins.

No fireball, no wizard, no rare stuff. And no junk ie big ben, el toro. Just average games like Aladdins Castle, Target alpha, Old Chicago.

#5 2 years ago

Yeah I was also thinking 2 games for a dollar would be ok as well.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Does anyone have a general figure for what it costs to power one EM game for a typical business day on location?

I would like to know as well. That way I could figure how many plays a day needed to break even.

#60 2 years ago

I have plenty of dollar coins. These will not be on route but at my location. Someone wants to check out some old pinball games they give me a 5er I give 5 Susan b’s.

I am leaning towards 1 game for a dollar with free games/ match turned on. Most of my games are mid grade players but working condition some better than others. I might do one day a week 2 games for a dollar. Who knows maybe no one will play. Maybe it will work well.
    Also at a dollar a game less plays means less wear and tear. If it doesn’t it’s easy enough to change out coin mechs to .25c
    In Connecticut everything is expensive and there are no ems at locations anywhere that I know of.

#61 2 years ago

I’m also thinking of non pin dudes that walk in and say man I remember that from when I was a kid gotta play it

#92 2 years ago

Yeah vending license and permits are a must. If not around here they would probably go full out old school pinball prohibition and smash em with sledgehammers in the parking lot right in front of you.

It’s not an arcade but a vintage/ retro nostalgia shop. Movie music memorabilia etc

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-play-an-em-at-location-for-1-per-game-?tu=metalguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.