Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you pay $120 for Gene Simmons to autograph your Kiss translight”

• Yes 17 votes
      9%
    • No 165 votes
      91%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0216 (resized).JPG
    The_Riddler_3 (resized).png
    ted and ace (resized).jpg
    criss and ted (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KISS LE (resized).JPG
    9ae3c3312627dfba059918bf8e7b60b017c49c7f (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1148 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1147 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

KISS sucks. Gene Simmons sucks.

But even aside from that, it's a waste of money. It's unlikely to add value unless you run across a total sucker with atrocious taste.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Very hurtful thing for you to say. Try to show some compassion.

If Gene is upset by my post, he can let me know and I'll apologize.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

So, the rules are different for you. I see how this is going to be.

Haha your grudge against me is so pathetic. Grow up.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

A lot of killjoys up in here. Do what you want. I got my CFTBL translite signed by Julia Adams and Riccou Browning, Elvira signed my SS translite, and I have a NOES translite hanging up in my game room that was signed by Robert Englund. I think they all look way cooler with the signatures on them, and they're great conversation pieces. To each their own.

The question wasn't whether it would look cool, it was whether he could turn a profit on the signature fee. Thus the negativity.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Ah the old "presenting ones opinion as fact" angle, so popular on Pinside!
    I don't really like Kiss; as far as costumed musicians went, I preferred Funkadelic. But I would never say "KISS SUCKS" because that's just rude.

Fact: KISS does suck. If that hurts anyone's feelings on here, maybe they should re-consider investing their own ego in one of the world's shittiest rock bands.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Maybe you should re-consider your ego, buddy.

Why are you and MrBally trying to make this thread about me? Let's stick to the subject of the second worst band of all time, and the monetary value of their bass player's autograph.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

You post in a thread saying something crappy and presenting it repeatedly as fact
    Then you say "don't make it about me"
    Come on dude, that's ridiculous. And it's spelled "bass". You don't seem very well versed musically. Pun completely intended.

Well, I did the math - KISS is indeed the second worst band of all time.

Weird that a bunch of people are attacking me personally simply for stating an objective, ironclad, scientifically-verified fact. I trust the point has been made at this point.

I do humbly apologize for the misspelling though - not sure if it was the phone keyboard, autocorrect, or what. I do know a little about music -- I sang and played guitar in bands for 20 years, one of which played over 500 shows in the US, Canada, and Europe. Good times.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...I'm dying to know who is the worst band of all time.

RHCP. but it's within the margin of error.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I wouldn't... because Im not a fan.
    That said; I paid a lot more than that for the entire cast of STNG and STOS.
    I think "The Shat" was near $120 for his. SirPatStewart was at or over $100.
    So; yeah... if you are a fan; do it.

this i agree with -- if it's for your own collection and your own enjoyment, by all means do whatever makes you most proud or happiest. but the OP's question was whether he would turn a profit on the signature.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-pay-120-for-gene-simmons-autograph?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.