Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you pay $120 for Gene Simmons to autograph your Kiss translight”

• Yes 17 votes
      9%
    • No 165 votes
      91%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0216 (resized).JPG
    The_Riddler_3 (resized).png
    ted and ace (resized).jpg
    criss and ted (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KISS LE (resized).JPG
    9ae3c3312627dfba059918bf8e7b60b017c49c7f (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1148 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1147 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

Bring it to me. I'll make a signature that looks like Simmons. While you are at it, bring your Scared Stiff translite by and I'll sign like Elivira and save you from paying extra at TPF to see her. I'll even print you up some COAs, too. $20.00 for all.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Is the autograph >$100 or did that include admission to ComicCon?
    It is customary to "tip" (or purchase a book or whatever) for an autograph but $120 seems excessive. If that includes admission and then a tip for the autograph ($80 to get into the event and $40 for the autograph) I would think that'd be fun and would add an interesting conversation point to your game.
    I myself wouldn't pay more for an autographed game but it would show you cared about your game and hopefully took good care of it and I'd give that weight when I went to purchase.

With all the 70s bands out on the road to try and take a last shot at bolstering their bank accounts, it does seem like the celebrities get a little shameless in selling all that they have. But......

I have friend that was invited to go to The Indy 500 several years ago with some California racers that are big bucks connected to the Indy people. He said it was a feeding frenzy at the motel where the race drivers were staying. The motel was all fenced in with drivers on the inside and fans on the outside. Autographs were being sold by the drivers. The reason being is that since there was a market for their autographs, if the drivers did not sell them, then some wild-assed opportunists would try to send in the young kids to get freebie sigs and then the opportunists would go and hawk them for big dollars. All it takes is a few people to ruin it for everybody.

So, if Simmons was to give freebies, who would not try and go sell it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-pay-120-for-gene-simmons-autograph?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.