Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you pay $120 for Gene Simmons to autograph your Kiss translight”

• Yes 17 votes
      9%
    • No 165 votes
      91%

(182 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0216 (resized).JPG
    The_Riddler_3 (resized).png
    ted and ace (resized).jpg
    criss and ted (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KISS LE (resized).JPG
    9ae3c3312627dfba059918bf8e7b60b017c49c7f (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1148 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1147 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago

A lot of killjoys up in here. Do what you want. I got my CFTBL translite signed by Julia Adams and Riccou Browning, Elvira signed my SS translite, and I have a NOES translite hanging up in my game room that was signed by Robert Englund. I think they all look way cooler with the signatures on them, and they're great conversation pieces. To each their own.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

The question wasn't whether it would look cool, it was whether he could turn a profit on the signature fee. Thus the negativity.

Ah... I guess I glossed over that point. Makes sense. Yeah, I got my translites autographed because it was fun. I wasn't really thinking about re-sale value. My NOES and SS translite autographs are personalized, so I don't think they would add any value for a buyer... unless their name's "David." My CFTBL translite, however, is just their signatures.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Damn what happened to the day when autographs were free. I got Alice Cooper to sign a picture I took of him and got to meet him for FREE. I met Motely Crue for FREE. My buddy got Gene Simmons to sign his backglass for free. Now everything costs money and I wouldn't pay a dime for a signature.

A lot of it depends on the environment in which the celebrity is appearing. Conventions? Expect to pay. Record/book store appearance? Probably not.

I've met plenty of bands/artists at store locations and have never paid for a signature, but on the flipside, I've never seen a celebrity NOT charge at a convention (unless it was something like "free autograph with the purchase of their ____.")

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You mean back when artists could actually make music.

There are TONS of artists making great music today. The only difference between now and then is where to find it. It used to be on the radio. Now, you've got to dig deeper - but with technology making it easier for anyone to make and distribute music - there's more garbage to wade through for sure, but there are plenty of gems to be found.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-pay-120-for-gene-simmons-autograph?tu=30fathomdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.