2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you pay $120 for Gene Simmons to autograph your Kiss translight”

• Yes 17 votes
      9%
    • No 163 votes
      91%

(180 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0216 (resized).JPG
    The_Riddler_3 (resized).png
    ted and ace (resized).jpg
    criss and ted (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KISS LE (resized).JPG
    9ae3c3312627dfba059918bf8e7b60b017c49c7f (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1148 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1147 (resized).JPG

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I decided not to get the autograph. I did get some pics that did not cost me anything

Gene's racoon wig is looking better than ever.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL
    Colorful commentary aside I agree it does not raise the value of your game, at all. A Gene simmons auto is NOT a rare thing, and as the OP sees himself, anybody with 100 bucks and Gene anywhere in the nearby area can do it themselves. If you want Gene Simmons' autograph on your translite and think $120 is fair, go ahead and do it. If you think it's gonna make your game worth more money, probably a waste of time and and an unnecessary gift of $120 to a pretty awful human being.

Why do you think he is an awful human being? He seems nice enough. He shows appreciation to his fans, he isn't a drunk or drug user, he loves his kids and he is one hell of a business man. I met him and he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. There certainly seem to be a lot worse people out there.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Damn what happened to the day when autographs were free. I got Alice Cooper to sign a picture I took of him and got to meet him for FREE. I met Motely Crue for FREE. My buddy got Gene Simmons to sign his backglass for free. Now everything costs money and I wouldn't pay a dime for a signature.

A lot of it depends on the environment in which the celebrity is appearing. Conventions? Expect to pay. Record/book store appearance? Probably not.

I've met plenty of bands/artists at store locations and have never paid for a signature, but on the flipside, I've never seen a celebrity NOT charge at a convention (unless it was something like "free autograph with the purchase of their ____.")

#104 2 years ago

I've sold a ton of autographed kiss items. mostly posters

I would average around 250ish for posters signed by the whole band.

this was ebay

personally i could care less about autograph stuff

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Damn what happened to the day when autographs were free. I got Alice Cooper to sign a picture I took of him and got to meet him for FREE. I met Motely Crue for FREE. My buddy got Gene Simmons to sign his backglass for free. Now everything costs money and I wouldn't pay a dime for a signature.

That's back when artists could actually make money on music

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

That's back when artists could actually make money on music

You mean back when artists could actually make music.

#107 2 years ago

The pinball related question that should be asked is what is the true value of Gary Stern's signature?

People right now are paying thousands of dollars extra for game playfields that otherwise are completely identical.

Last time I checked, he still did not "fake his own death", which I remember the comical report here on these forums, so that cannot be used as a justification to increase the value.

"Riddle me that Batman."

The_Riddler_3 (resized).png

#108 2 years ago

pezpunk- I'm curious to know your opinion of Umphrey's mcgee.

While I do agree that IMO Kiss as a band kind of sucks, they are certainly nowhere near the 2nd worst band of all time. I also have no desire to have Gene Simmons autograph. That said, if I was local and I owned a Piss pin new or old I probably would shell out the $120 bucks. I don't know if it would add value per say, but it could certainly be the deciding factor for making the sale down the road or at the very least a little extra incentive for somebody to buy your game.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You mean back when artists could actually make music.

There are TONS of artists making great music today. The only difference between now and then is where to find it. It used to be on the radio. Now, you've got to dig deeper - but with technology making it easier for anyone to make and distribute music - there's more garbage to wade through for sure, but there are plenty of gems to be found.

#110 2 years ago

How much for Elvira's signature at TPF?

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Why do you think he is an awful human being? He seems nice enough. He shows appreciation to his fans, he isn't a drunk or drug user, he loves his kids and he is one hell of a business man. I met him and he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. There certainly seem to be a lot worse people out there.

Ah Gene ain't so bad. He's just kind of a creep and not a fan of his politics.

Paul Stanley had enough of him 25 years ago LOL

#112 2 years ago

I personally won't pay for any autographs.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Just print out the signatures from this thread then

... or act quick before the other 46 (!!!) get scooped up

KISS LE (resized).JPG

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

He has said some pretty horrible things about people suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts . He personally thinks these are not mental issues and people that suffer these should just kill themselves . He is an awful human being , that only pretends to be a good guy when it is good for business . He is also a horrible musician with very little talent .

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

RHCP. but it's within the margin of error.

pezpunk is hitting nothing but net during March Madness...You got a few more to round out the top 5?

#116 2 years ago

Personally I wouldn't even pay $1.20 for it. But does it add value if you plan on selling it to a kiss fan. Kiss fans pay top dollar for all types of kiss branded crap... Kiss coffin anyone? So there's that.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

There are TONS of artists making great music today. The only difference between now and then is where to find it. It used to be on the radio. Now, you've got to dig deeper - but with technology making it easier for anyone to make and distribute music - there's more garbage to wade through for sure, but there are plenty of gems to be found.

I agree 100%...and those people aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

#118 2 years ago

It would drive me nucking futz to be hounded for autographs constantly but it is what he wanted in life.

I couple years ago I went to a comicon in detriot and got this picture with Kirk.

I think to even get to the op, cost 100 bucks. I got in free wee hoo!

image (resized).jpeg

#119 2 years ago

He looks a little concerned but he was a good sport.

#120 2 years ago

Should have given his hair a little tug, you know, because inquiring minds want to know.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

He is also a horrible musician with very little talent .

Gene Simmons is actually a talented bass player and song writer. Don't mix personal feelings with reality. Could you do any better, and if so, where's your band?

#122 2 years ago

Nope, I would rather have a mod in my pin than a signature on it...

#123 2 years ago

I've been pretty lucky. Being a guest at conventions you get to hang out with these nuts, take pix and have stuff signed at the VIP parties.

criss and ted (resized).jpg

ted and ace (resized).jpg

#124 2 years ago

Wasn't there a DE Star Wars thread about this exact situation?

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Should have given his hair a little tug, you know, because inquiring minds want to know.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wig blows.

#126 2 years ago

I wouldn't... because Im not a fan.
    That said; I paid a lot more than that for the entire cast of STNG and STOS.
    I think "The Shat" was near $120 for his. SirPatStewart was at or over $100.
    So; yeah... if you are a fan; do it.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I wouldn't... because Im not a fan.
    That said; I paid a lot more than that for the entire cast of STNG and STOS.
    I think "The Shat" was near $120 for his. SirPatStewart was at or over $100.
    So; yeah... if you are a fan; do it.

this i agree with -- if it's for your own collection and your own enjoyment, by all means do whatever makes you most proud or happiest. but the OP's question was whether he would turn a profit on the signature.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

this i agree with -- if it's for your own collection and your own enjoyment, by all means do whatever makes you most proud or happiest. but the OP's question was whether he would turn a profit on the signature.

Yeah he did say that.
    I wouldn't expect to pull a profit by having complete autographs on my translites. he shouldn't either.
    Again; do it only if YOU want the autograph - otherwise there is no point.

#129 2 years ago

I'm not a big fan of Kiss but I don't think there's many fans on this forum of my favorite band.
    Get the sig for yourself and not worry about the investment. If I could get Harrison Ford's signature on one of my videodiscs I would but I wouldn't be worried about resale value.

#130 2 years ago

Paying this fee only perpetuates the outrageous $$$ celebrities charge for being a part of the culture that they are already getting paid to be a part of. Everything about this signing cost you money. WHEREAS Gene makes money. To me, he should be honored and humbled to sign your translite.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from vassq:

Paying this fee only perpetuates the outrageous $$$ celebrities charge for being a part of the culture that they are already getting paid to be a part of. Everything about this signing cost you money. WHEREAS Gene makes money. To me, he should be honored and humbled to sign your translite.

Well, yes... with Gene it should be about keeping his brand infront of his fans.
    When it comes to some of the Star Trek actors... they need to make money to offset the time they aren't doing the actual work of acting.
    I see it from both sides and understand why it's done.

#132 2 years ago

No, but reading this I need to write to Rachel McLish to see if she will sign my Hardbody.

#133 2 years ago

Make sure you get hardbody signature in person!

#134 2 years ago

If you could get the translite signed by all four of the original members then it would definitely increase the value of the pin, but having just one member sign it isn't going to do much. It's funny how many people like to put down KISS, and yet they continue to pick up new fans who keep their bank accounts nice and fat.

#135 2 years ago

Kiss was the first rock and roll band I ever liked. My first album was kiss alive 2. I like everything from that era. I liked God gave rock and roll to you too. That was solid.

#136 2 years ago

I make Gene pay me for his autograph!

IMG_0216 (resized).JPG

#137 2 years ago

No

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I've been pretty lucky. Being a guest at conventions you get to hang out with these nuts, take pix and have stuff signed at the VIP parties.

You can hardly see the strings holding up Ace Frehley's arm!

#139 2 years ago

Hell no, theres something to say when you are charging for autographs....

#140 2 years ago

I loved KISS....when I was 6th grade.

I think Gene is a major DB.

#141 2 years ago

My thought would be for a diehard hard KISS fan wouldn't they want all of the autograph's not just one if you were trying to add value to the game? I cant see myself paying for an autograph but I guess people do. My daughter and son-in-law talked my wife and I into going to Comic Con last year and that seemed to be the happening thing. Very long line for Elvira and some others, then there was an actress ( I wont say her name) with no line and I think even though she was charging like $20 for her autograph I think you could have offered her $5 bucks and she would have took it (kind-a sad).

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I loved KISS....when I was 6th grade.
    I think Gene is a major DB.

He can be, but he sometimes surprises us.....

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gene-simmons-hospital-visit/

#143 2 years ago

This thread, that I didn't even notice till just now, has generated a dozen mod reports...

It's late, please take bickering to PM. Please don't troll each other. If you feel you are being trolled let us know rather than responding to the trolling. Don't feed it.

I'll come back and look through the thread in the am if another mod doesn't do it first, but play nice guys.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Gene Simmons is at Cleveland comic com today and I was thinking about getting my KISS translight autographed.
    It cost $120
    Does it add value to the game or is it just a waste of money.

I would not personally pay that for the autograph. That said, if I was a big enough Kiss fan to buy the pin then I probably would do it. I'm a fan of autographed items personally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 26.95
    $ 35.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 12.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside