2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you pay $120 for Gene Simmons to autograph your Kiss translight”

• Yes 17 votes
      9%
    • No 163 votes
      91%

(180 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0216 (resized).JPG
    The_Riddler_3 (resized).png
    ted and ace (resized).jpg
    criss and ted (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KISS LE (resized).JPG
    9ae3c3312627dfba059918bf8e7b60b017c49c7f (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1148 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1147 (resized).JPG

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

Gene Simmons is at Cleveland comic com today and I was thinking about getting my KISS translight autographed.

It cost $120

Does it add value to the game or is it just a waste of money.

#2 2 years ago

Probably adds value, at least the $120. Kind of surprised they are charging. A very Gene thing to do, I guess. Makes sense though else you'd have a billion people wanting autographs, and some of the fee is probably from the comic con, but still...

#3 2 years ago

KISS sucks. Gene Simmons sucks.

But even aside from that, it's a waste of money. It's unlikely to add value unless you run across a total sucker with atrocious taste.

#4 2 years ago

He should pay you. You've put more $ in a KISS licensed product than most his fans.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

He should pay you. You've put more $ in KISS than most his fans.

KI$$ And I wouldn't be so sure. Some of these people have these like $100,000 KISS collections. I see a lot of them on Facebook - a lot of them own the classic Bally machine without being pinheads. No wonder it costs so much.

#6 2 years ago

No way. And though I am a die-hard Cincinnati Reds fan, I wouldn't pay Pete $50 to sign anything either!

#7 2 years ago

There is not a single person on earth I would pay any amount of money to write their name on something....

#8 2 years ago

I wouldn't pay for an autograph period. Especially not his...........buy something else w/your money.

#9 2 years ago

No, but maybe $5 not to take off his makeup...

#10 2 years ago

I never understood why people want autographs - i would not pay extra for the autographs and sometimes i think they make the item look worse with their name scribbled across the picture.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

KISS sucks. Gene Simmons sucks.
    But even aside from that, it's a waste of money. It's unlikely to add value unless you run across a total sucker with atrocious taste.

Very hurtful thing for you to say. Try to show some compassion.

#12 2 years ago

It's worth $120 if its on a cheque ,assuming he has enough money in his account to clear it.

#13 2 years ago

I wouldn't pay $120 for Gene Simmons himself, let alone his signature.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Very hurtful thing for you to say. Try to show some compassion.

If Gene is upset by my post, he can let me know and I'll apologize.

#15 2 years ago

I don't think any signature on any pinball machine has ever raised the value. Memorabilia collecting is a different world than pinball machines. People who collect memorabilia want signatures, but they don't want pinball machines.

#16 2 years ago

Do it. I recently had my KISS and Guns N Roses signed. Now I just need to track down Uncle Ted and have him sign my Nugent.

#17 2 years ago

I think its cool but 120 is tooooo much for some ink!

#18 2 years ago

I put flyers on my wall of every machine I own, or have owned, as a kind of museum. I only have those flyers signed. I never have the pins signed. So, I had Dirty Donny sign my MET flyer, for example. If/when my Met leaves my collection, that flyer with Donny's signature will still be here for me to enjoy.

I'd probably consider a celebrity's signature on a flyer of their relevant pin, for my own enjoyment, but wouldn't have the pin signed in hopes that the value was raised.

#19 2 years ago

I wouldn't pay for any autograph, matter of fact I would never ask for one even if it were free. The only autograph that's worth anything to me is my own, and even then it's only as valuable as the numbers written on the front of the check. I still for the life of me can't figure out why a signature would be of value to someone. If a tablet fell from the sky with God's autograph, I'd be like cool, now what do I do with it, it's 3 letters on a piece of paper. Do I play with it? Look at it? Can someone please inform me of the enjoyment they receive from owning someone's autograph? If I had a valuable autograph I would sell it as quick as possible so as I can spend the money on something I could actually enjoy or use. But hey, if collecting autographs gets u through the day, have at it, I'll pass.

#20 2 years ago

As was pointed out, having the translite signed will undoubtedly add value to your game. If you ever decide to sell it, it will most likely be worth much more than $120 in the future. We pay way more for mods to these games, AND it's not like there are that many signed translites going around. I'd do it for sure. Doesn't matter if you're a KISS fan at all, you'd be a moron not to consider the resale.

#21 2 years ago

If you are a KISS fan , then get it
    if you are at a comiccon convention, then everything is $$$$$

It is only money

#22 2 years ago

You meant $1.20, right?

#23 2 years ago

Gene Simmons is probably paid a flat fee to appear for two hours or however long. That $120 is what the convention people are charging for his autograph to make up the ca$h for having to pay him. He's probably charging between $5-10k which is an average cost for any celebrity to make an appearance at one of these shows. They all charge this amount.

People bash Simmons and half the time the guy probably brings it on himself but he does alot of good stuff for the US Military and people who served and terminally ill children and you don't see him boasting about that. That in and of itself tells me what kind of person he truly is deep down.

Also the guy is often overlooked as a musician but he's a pretty well respected bass player with other fellow musicians in the music world. You can argue about his tactics but you certainly can't argue the man's success in music and business. He's a pretty successful guy.

#24 2 years ago

It only matters if it's worth it to you, not what anyone else thinks. Personally I wouldn't pay for an autograph just on principle, if the artist doesn't care enough for their fans to sign autographs for free then screw 'em. I like KISS but the way Gene Simmons treats his fans is appaling.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

If Gene is upset by my post, he can let me know and I'll apologize.

So, the rules are different for you. I see how this is going to be.

#26 2 years ago

Don't spend your money on the autograph.
    Instead pick up "0ld man Logan" issues 1-18, "punisher war journal" 1-12, "from hell", and the avengers giant size annual 16. Most are in trade paperback.
    Good reads.
    Edit. Incredible Hulk 289-300 is a good read too.

#27 2 years ago

No, and I am a kiss fan. His autobiography is a good read though.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

It only matters if it's worth it to you, not what anyone else thinks.

I agree. The difference being that OP is doing is for possible financial return than being a big Gene Simmons fan. I think my possible response would differ a lot if this was the reason rather than asking about financial advice, which has likely shaped the thread as people are looking to give more advice on possible machine value (as requested) than personal-value responses.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

It only matters if it's worth it to you, not what anyone else thinks

100%.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

So, the rules are different for you. I see how this is going to be.

Haha your grudge against me is so pathetic. Grow up.

#32 2 years ago

Do it only for yourself. Autographs really don't add much value to pins. If they did, you'd see a lot more people getting them at shows And including it in for sale ads. But if KISS does it for ya, I wouldn't hesitate to do something that makes you happy if it's worth it to you. If you ebayed just the translite you'd probably at least get your money back or close?

I sold a jpop signed translite on a wcs.. no value added but that's prob a bad comparison lol, there was some joking that it should actually subtract value.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Gene Simmons is probably paid a flat fee to appear for two hours or however long. That $120 is what the convention people are charging for his autograph to make up the ca$h for having to pay him. He's probably charging between $5-10k which is an average cost for any celebrity to make an appearance at one of these shows. They all charge this amount.

Or, they pay him nothing and he keeps the cash to sign. Many celebrities are doing it that way now as they can make more money. Pay him $10k to appear or he could make $30k on his own. (I have been a guest at a number of conventions and work with the Chiller Theatre Convention in NJ)

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I sold a jpop signed translite on a wcs.. no value added but that's prob a bad comparison lol, there was some joking that it should actually subtract value.

Get out the magic eraser Like a kid who scribbed on the cabinet lol

#35 2 years ago

Gene Simmons, Richard Simmons. What's the difference? I don't care too much about autographs.

#36 2 years ago

A lot of killjoys up in here. Do what you want. I got my CFTBL translite signed by Julia Adams and Riccou Browning, Elvira signed my SS translite, and I have a NOES translite hanging up in my game room that was signed by Robert Englund. I think they all look way cooler with the signatures on them, and they're great conversation pieces. To each their own.

#37 2 years ago

Bring it to me. I'll make a signature that looks like Simmons. While you are at it, bring your Scared Stiff translite by and I'll sign like Elivira and save you from paying extra at TPF to see her. I'll even print you up some COAs, too. $20.00 for all.

#38 2 years ago

Ah the old "presenting ones opinion as fact" angle, so popular on Pinside!

I don't really like Kiss; as far as costumed musicians went, I preferred Funkadelic. But I would never say "KISS SUCKS" because that's just rude.

#39 2 years ago

No way
    Would it be cool yes but not for 120
    Plus I already have it lol

#40 2 years ago

Nothing better than an old, fat, used-to-be-somebody charging for his autograph. Even worse is someone who would pay for it!

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

A lot of killjoys up in here. Do what you want. I got my CFTBL translite signed by Julia Adams and Riccou Browning, Elvira signed my SS translite, and I have a NOES translite hanging up in my game room that was signed by Robert Englund. I think they all look way cooler with the signatures on them, and they're great conversation pieces. To each their own.

The question wasn't whether it would look cool, it was whether he could turn a profit on the signature fee. Thus the negativity.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Ah the old "presenting ones opinion as fact" angle, so popular on Pinside!
    I don't really like Kiss; as far as costumed musicians went, I preferred Funkadelic. But I would never say "KISS SUCKS" because that's just rude.

Fact: KISS does suck. If that hurts anyone's feelings on here, maybe they should re-consider investing their own ego in one of the world's shittiest rock bands.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

KISS does suck. If that hurts anyone's feelings on here, maybe they should re-consider investing their own ego in one of the world's shittiest rock bands.

Maybe you should re-consider your ego, buddy.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Maybe you should re-consider your ego, buddy.

Why are you and MrBally trying to make this thread about me? Let's stick to the subject of the second worst band of all time, and the monetary value of their bass player's autograph.

#45 2 years ago

jeez... no.

#46 2 years ago

KISS is a lot like ELVIS. A couple of good songs and the rest is uncontrolled hype. Whatever, I'm into some stupid shit too that's unexplainable to anyone not into it so I get it. All personal preference but there is no possible way I would ever own anything related to KISS. You have to be a certain level of gullible to fall for that crap.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Why are you and MrBally trying to make this thread about me? Let's stick to the subject of the second worst band of all time, and the monetary value of their base player's autograph.

You post in a thread saying something crappy and presenting it repeatedly as fact

Then you say "don't make it about me"

Come on dude, that's ridiculous. And it's spelled "bass". You don't seem very well versed musically. Pun completely intended.

#49 2 years ago

Elvis had a lot of good songs. Especially the fat days of Elvis. Suspicious Minds is one of my favorite all time songs.

#50 2 years ago

I can see this thing getting locked real soon!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.95
    $ 149.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside