Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Spraynard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spraynard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm moving from Indiana to Texas, and thinking about logistics. I've heard good things about PODS for making long moves (http://www.pods.com/?ViewFull=true). They're basically just small shipping containers that you fill up, they pick up and store, then deliver to your destination. Do you think it'd be safe to put a couple games in one? Has anyone done this?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

If they are broken down (not on legs, backbox folded) well blanket-wrapped and padded and the POD is packed so the game doesn't move, you are probably OK.
    I wouldn't risk it any other way and certainly wouldn't move games in a pod if they were on legs.

Yes, I would definitely fold down backbox and wrap thoroughly.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think that it sounds really dangerous, and honestly just a PIA. You should probably just donate your games to the local arcade or a friends house in the name of generosity and kindness for your other local pinheads.
    AKA: I WILL TAKE YOUR GAMES FROM YOU

I actually might put Shadow and BSD at MSA for the next couple months, in the name of generosity and kindness for other local pinheads. But I'm taking them with me when I leave!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

Do the PODs have wheels on them, or do they go on a flat-bed truck?

Flat bed. Looks like they keep it level at all times.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

That's what I was thinking, they load and unload it like a roll-off dumpster. That part would make me a bit nervous.

Here is a video of how they load it. Not like a dumpster.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spraynard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-move-games-in-a-pod?tu=Spraynard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.