(Topic ID: 241103)

Would you like to see a new Avengers pin? Poll included.

By BigT

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you like a new Avengers pin?”

• Hell no...1 was 1 too many 87 votes
    56%
  • Hell yes...these 2 movies deserve a pin 67 votes
    44%

(154 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E7B91AFB-6CF1-4285-8624-2B5A90F6146F (resized).jpeg
1605714h (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

We are a week away from the final Avengers movie. Would anyone like to see a new Avengers pin with updated lighting and an LCD screen? Also do you think we will see another one? I really liked Infinity War and am excited to see the culmination in Endgame.

#2 5 years ago

I'd rather see that than titles like Guardians of the Galaxy.

There are a bunch of super hero pins I'd like to see and done RIGHT this time. Now that they're using the color screens and incorporating scenes from the movie I'd rank what I'd like to see.

1) Batman (DONE RIGHT)
2) Aquaman (we need an underwater pinball)
3) Wonder Woman
4) Spiderman (with assets based on the two new Spiderman movies)
5) Avengers
6) Tron (I'd like to see this redone with the movie assets and all the music)
7) X-Men (with movie assets based on the series they've been making)
8) 300 or Watchmen

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'd rather see that than titles like Guardians of the Galaxy.
There are a bunch of super hero pins I'd like to see and done RIGHT this time. Now that they're using the color screens and incorporating scenes from the movie I'd rank what I'd like to see.
1) Batman (DONE RIGHT)
2) Aquaman (we need an underwater pinball)
3) Wonder Woman
4) Spiderman (with assets based on the two new Spiderman movies)
5) Avengers
6) Tron (I'd like to see this redone with the movie assets and all the music)
7) X-Men (with movie assets based on the series they've been making)
8) 300 or Watchmen

I watched Spider-Man in to the spider verse a couple of days ago and was blown away. It was like watching a comic book of the Spider-Man I collected as a kid. I know it will never get made into a pin but if done right it would be one of the best superhero pins. The art and music lends itself to pinball.

#4 5 years ago

They'd be great if jjp made them

#5 5 years ago

The only "Avengers" machine I want is one with John Steed and Emma Peel.

#6 5 years ago

Speaking of Spiderverse Adams Family is coming out this summer same style CGI movie. We need a new Adams family I think!!!

Something the Adams Family trust would actually approve... since its based on the book maybe.

#7 5 years ago

I don't think the original avengers is terrible maybe just a VE edition with new art done by either Franchi or Yeti would look pretty cool.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't think the original avengers is terrible maybe just a VE edition with new art done by either Franchi or Yeti would look pretty cool

Agreed, but it did have some engineering issues that would need to be fixed/refined.

#9 5 years ago

There are enough super hero pins already. Time to move on to a different theme.

#10 5 years ago

JJP = yes
Stern = no

#11 5 years ago

Nope.

In fact I don't want a single theme that's already been done to be redone. Are we so desperate for licenses that we need more of the same? We already got a second POTC game, and now apparently people are dying for a second GNR? Whole universe of themes out there, and we gotta repeat them in the limited world of pinball, where only a handful of games come out every year?

#12 5 years ago

I will take the Stern home version of avengers should be 100 bucks by now

#13 5 years ago

Make me a good Infinity Saga pin and I'm buying.

#14 5 years ago

I wish there was a proper Avengers pin the same way I wish there was a great Transformers pin. Not happening though.

Cmon JJP will never do pins like that. Too edgy.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I will take the Stern home version of avengers should be 100 bucks by now

If you could ever find one. I have only ever seen one on the secondary market.

#16 5 years ago

Don't encourage them to do anymore Themes. What made 1990s pinball great all the non themed pins.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope.
In fact I don't want a single theme that's already been done to be redone. Are we so desperate for licenses that we need more of the same? We already got a second POTC game, and now apparently people are dying for a second GNR? Whole universe of themes out there, and we gotta repeat them in the limited world of pinball, where only a handful of games come out every year?

I agree with what you are saying but I think most manufacturers want to deliver what the masses want. The days of original themes are almost dead. Spooky is the closest to delivering original themes and being successful. I enjoy playing America’s most haunted and TNA, but neither one of those have passed the thousand mark, Full Throttle didn’t sell well. JJP Dialed In is polarizing. I don’t think we will ever see the original theme’s of the past like mousin around, dr. dude, whitewater, MM, CV and many others.

If pinball has become a retread of themes I am ok with this as long as there are new pins coming out!! At the end of the day I am a homer for pinball, I enjoy playing no matter the manufacturer or the theme.

#18 5 years ago

No, there's already an excellent one already. Perfect example of haters gonna hate. Alotta pins I dont like but others do. How awesome would it be if everytime you opened pinside it was filled with threads on pins people dont like. I can start aboutt 30 new ones just using pinside top 100. But I won't.

#19 5 years ago

No, i want less comicbook/movie stuff, and more stuff like BK3k.

#20 5 years ago

I think we need to look at all versions of an Avengers movie...not just End Game....

1605714h (resized).jpg1605714h (resized).jpg

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I agree with what you are saying but I think most manufacturers want to deliver what the masses want. The days of original themes are almost dead.

Yeah I get it, but can we at least not repeat licenses?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I get it, but can we at least not repeat licenses

I’m all for Stern revisiting the strongest licenses that are out there. They did this with the Simpsons and look how much better a job they did the second go around.

I think Stern could stand to redo both Avengers and Game of Thrones. The properties are huge and disserve to be on the modern display platform.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The properties are huge and disserve to be on the modern display platform.

They don't deserve anything. Go watch the movies or the show.

Come on man, is recycle culture to the point where we need a new GOT pin just a few years later? Let's move on already, there are so many ideas out there, we don't need to repeat any of them.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

is recycle culture to the point where we need a new GOT pin just a few years later?

Well, I don't know. I think in thirty years time when they look at the 2010-2019 decade the two biggest things we had entertainment wise is the MCU and Game of Thrones...they simply dominated the decade unlike any other property. I don't think that redoing either of those two licenses to be on the modern display system would be the same as a rehash of any lesser current property.

Heck, the last Game of Thrones game ended in season five...there are three more seasons of material. Who wouldn't want an art package for GoT or Avengers to look more like what we've been seeing more recently from Stern? Things are a bit different then when those titles were previously released.

#25 5 years ago

aquaman would be good, just saw the movie and some cool status and theme integration could go into the theme

#26 5 years ago

Thanos LE!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I get it, but can we at least not repeat licenses?

Sequels work as a continuation of the story but they must stand up on their own. IMO one of the best examples is Creed, great ties to the Rocky franchise but tells it’s own story.

I don’t care if themes get a second try as a pinball as long as it is standing on it own. TigerLaw has given the example of Simpsons. I will offer up Star Trek as another example, the three I can think of are great. I think STTNG is amazing.

What I am saying is if themes are going to be re-made let’s judge them on their ability to stand on their own merits.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think we need to look at all versions of an Avengers movie...not just End Game....
[quoted image]

If someone is going to do this it needs to be Infinity War and End Game. Let’s be honest Age of Ultron was bad. It sucked almost as much as your Avengers...

#29 5 years ago

You know, I got to thinking about this....you have some real possibilities with Thanos in the game. Have him take away your extra ball, cut your multiball time in half....etc.

2 player coop play (select characters to play).

Deeper in the game, Hulk comes out pissed for big points

#30 4 years ago

Just saw Endgame...my family really enjoyed it. These 2 movies are too expansive to be in a pin. Also there is no way you could get all of the assets to these movies.

#31 4 years ago

Checking to see if anybody opinion has changed now that Endgame is in theaters.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

You know, I got to thinking about this....you have some real possibilities with Thanos in the game. Have him take away your extra ball, cut your multiball time in half....etc.
2 player coop play (select characters to play).
Deeper in the game, Hulk comes out pissed for big points

The google Easter egg is neat

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

It'd be pretty cool to choose to play as an Avenger OR Thanos. That kind of code has been done in Star Wars, WWE, GOT, etc. and I guess TF.

Collecting infinity stones on a 3D sculpt of the Gauntlet would be kind of awesome.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Stern could stand to redo both Avengers and Game of Thrones. The properties are huge and disserve to be on the modern display platform.

With GOTG Stern has proven they can’t do a Marvel movie justice on the modern platform. Rando video clips from the movie combined with horrible fake bobalee bobo voices is one of the worst pinball experiences I’ve ever had. I hope they never touch Marvel again. The only time they did it well was with Spidey (Sony) and Iron Man (Paramount). Something’s massively wrong with their Disney contract.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Nope, I'm doubly sure I definitely don't want a rehash. Endgame would be an awful pin, there's zero chance Stern could do any justice to it. Without getting too spoilery, it's an emotional movie with characters sacrificing and being wrecked, not the kind of thing that lends itself to snappy callouts and jackpots. Let it go.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

snappy callouts

I see what you did there

E7B91AFB-6CF1-4285-8624-2B5A90F6146F (resized).jpegE7B91AFB-6CF1-4285-8624-2B5A90F6146F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-like-to-see-a-new-avengers-pin?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.