(Topic ID: 226606)

Would you go to a tournament like this?

By jpways

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not a fan of novelty tournaments of any type. I just want to play and not be rushed or have to stay awake for 24 hours.
    I'll admit I've been won over by pingolf (score, not goal based) but I don't consider it a novelty.

Pingolf is neat, but my biggest issue is that once you are behind in strokes, sometimes even just one stroke in final match play, the *only thing* you can hope for is the other player to mess up, or get house balls You can’t outplay them, grind away closing the gap, or have a miracle comeback ball so to speak.

And, I agree that staying up for 24 hours competing is not for me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-go-to-a-tournament-like-this?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.