Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you attend a pinball show held today?”

• Yes 130 votes
      38%
    • No 212 votes
      62%

(342 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 3 years ago

To the extent it applies to this thread, here is a short Covid story. Several weeks back, my wife's father held his annual backyard picnic and barbeque. In total, 12 people attended ranging from 14 y/o to 83. Unknown at the time, my brother in law was infected with Covid and was feeling sick. He didn't know at that moment he had Covid - only that he didn't feel good. He tested positive the next day. (Why he attended the party you ask when he knew he didn't feel good and exposed all of us? Another subject for another time.)

I sat next to my brother in law no more than 3 or 4 feet away for at least 4 hours. During this time, there were the requisite handshakes, hugs, beers shared, communal chips and dips and nut bowls, etc. Everyone was in very close and continual proximity with each other throughout the 4 or 5 hour event. No masks were worn, nor were hands washed or sanitized. The party was mostly outdoors, but we were all indoors in close proximity for a part of the time together.

Fast forward three weeks now... Brother in law said he felt like he had a mild cold. It went away in about a week. His wife and two teenaged children did not get it and in fact tested negative. Other sister and her teenaged son tested negative. Father and mother in law (79 and 83) did not get it. Neither I, my wife, or our two sons got it. Its been more than 14 days now so the likelihood of getting it now is slim to none. Also, wife tested negative today.

So bottom line, out of 12 people in close proximity with no protection and a positive Covid patient, nobody else got it! Maybe the virus is mutating to a less dangerous form, maybe the hype is over blown, maybe we are all just lucky. I don't know. But I am no longer nearly so concerned about getting it as I once was!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-go-to-a-pinball-show-if-held-today-poll-inside?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.