Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you attend a pinball show held today?”

• Yes 130 votes
      38%
    • No 212 votes
      62%

(342 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 3 years ago

It’s funny that people say once the election comes and goes this thing will magically disappear, then half of pinside likes the comment and the other half hates the comment

Then someone says to just wait until 2021... as if the ball dropping on NYE will bring a magic cure with the time square confetti.

Then the thought of 2022 is brought up and that seems wayyyyy over the top.

There isn’t a date for this, it’s the new norm. And for those waiting for a vaccine let’s not forget half of the oxygen wasters in the US and a few other parts of the world were preaching the anti-vaccine gospel. This whole planet isn’t going to get a shot over night. It’s going to logically take way longer than anyone is mentioning.

I say go to the pin show, dodge an illness just like you did last year or catch an illness and fight it off OR die.

Life goes on within you and without you.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I say go to the pin show, dodge an illness just like you did last year or catch an illness and fight it off OR die.

You first.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Then the thought of 2022 is brought up and that seems wayyyyy over the top.

Actually I've thought about that.

749 days to my 50th Anniversary Party for my arcade.

That isn't that far away anymore. I think I'll still be open. But will all of this effect my party. People flying from other countries, states. Be able to be in a large group here ?

For years I hoped for a great day full of fun with friends, customers, pinball people I've helped. Now I'm more concerned for their safety.

How quickly things can change.

LTG : )

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Actually I've thought about that.
    749 days to my 50th Anniversary Party for my arcade.
    That isn't that far away anymore. I think I'll still be open. But will all of this effect my party. People flying from other countries, states. Be able to be in a large group here ?
    For years I hoped for a great day full of fun with friends, customers, pinball people I've helped. Now I'm more concerned for their safety.
    How quickly things can change.
    LTG : )

Honestly man, by time that date hits I hope it’s all figured out. If anyone deserves to throw an anniversary bash it would be you.

#56 3 years ago

To answer the question directly, yeah - I'd go.

Houston Expo in Nov - I'm in.

I'm gonna "have a little drink, smoke a little smoke" and have a great time!

Man, how times have changed. My kids VIRTUAL school was cancelled for two days because of the THREAT of hurricanes in the gulf. So - you can't even login to your PC from home because a storm is brewing three days away?!?!?! OMG!!

I've lost my job from Covid, so I can speak a bit more freely now - IMHO we've become a nation of whinny a$$ bit(h pu$$y SHEEP - that follow the media horde like your next meal depends on it. Turn off your TV and cell phone - look up - and take a breath of fresh air once in a while.

Think for yourself - question authority.

#57 3 years ago

I’d still go. I don’t think this virus is nearly as contagious or deadly as all the “experts” thought it was going to be. Refuse to live in fear of what might happen. Just not how I live my life. I’ve survived being shot at in war, I think I’ll survive a pinball show. I’ll just do a better job of washing my hands and stop licking the really rare machines.

#58 3 years ago

Threads like this just make me sad inside.
    How the world has changed.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well...do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?
    [quoted image]
    The point was that even before covid, it was kind of gross to just leave without washing after using the bathroom.

Ain’t no kinda about it! Nasty!

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

To answer the question directly, yeah - I'd go.
    Houston Expo in Nov - I'm in.
    I'm gonna "have a little drink, smoke a little smoke" and have a great time!

Man, how times have changed. My kids VIRTUAL school was cancelled for two days because of the THREAT of hurricanes in the gulf. So - you can't even login to your PC from home because a storm is brewing three days away?!?!?! OMG!!
    I've lost my job from Covid, so I can speak a bit more freely now - IMHO we've become a nation of whinny a$$ bit(h pu$$y SHEEP - that follow the media horde like your next meal depends on it. Turn off your TV and cell phone - look up - and take a breath of fresh air once in a while.
    Think for yourself - question authority.

I've heard it called "The Pussification of America"

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-go-to-a-pinball-show-if-held-today-poll-inside/page/2?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.