(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

Tastefully done, the theme has great potential...could see it along the lines of a TOTAN type story line...

Good idea! If true to the Old Testament stories, even violently, surely some larger Church and Synagogue’s would purchase the game for their youth group areas. Who knows, it might surprise us.

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Unless it became a staple in church youth groups. It could happen...

I agree. The market for a Bible Adventures or Fire and Fury themed pinball really isn't Pinside or the typical arcade locations. If the source material is followed closely (unlike the movie Noah as others have pointed out), I could see a lot of these selling to Jewish and Christian congregations for their youth communities. Heck, Ben could even play upon the violence or add some humor to it and the game would still be viable as long as the material isn't reimagined.

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really can’t see that happening. Wouldn’t most house of worship executive boards have a problem with a $7,000 pinball machine, religion-themed or not? Seems like it would be an incredibly hard sell.
    Look at the poll here. Not exactly an overwhelming response. Could be your average pinhead would be happy keeping his religion and Pinball separate. Pretty big gamble counting on the “church gameroom” market to make this project work.

I'm not a marketing person, but I think this would be such a unique game and without a lot of similar-themed commercial competition for youth group entertainment, that it would sell well. I read that there are about 350,000 congregations of various sizes and denominations in the US. I think at least a few thousand would entertain the idea of a Bible Adventures pin. Some of these organizations send missionaries all over the world and even have their own private school systems.

As far as pinheads keeping their religion and pinball separate, I agree. That's why Pinside and collectors would probably only be a small percentage of potential sales. It also probably wouldn't be a good arcade game for routes. Still, if some of the ideas put forth in this thread are included in game play and there's a mode where Samson slays thousands with the jawbone of an ass, I'd probably buy one.

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

It's possible, but without a built-in "take my money" base, you'd have to do the thing Ben doesn't want to do, which is take the game to shows for a year.

Ben could drop flyers at the major national religious group meetings and probably make enough sales to make the game worthwhile. The Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting (about 46,000 congregations) would be a great place to drop game flyers and it’s just one of many. So, it wouldn’t be necessary to go door to door, other than maybe some of the mega Churches.

Most medium and larger congregations have several big money donors. The wealthy take a hit as greedy and selfish, but a few of them donate generously. I think that idiot Olsteen in Texas brought in enough to have a private plane.

Point is, don’t automatically dismiss the possibility that there might be a non-pinhead market for this specific game. Didn’t a bunch of Metallica LEs get sucked up by their club members? I seem to recall a big kerfuffle about that. You never know.

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

True story: I came this close to designing a Russell Crowe's Noah game.

Please say it isn't so. .

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

That's where I'm at on it also, I'd gladly play it but not own it. Ironically, I also wouldn't have a Playboy machine in my collection and for similar reasons.

I guess I’m weird, I’d gladly own both Bible Adventures and Playboy. . Though I wouldn’t risk placing them side by side.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.