(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Ben said he was considering moving forward with Bible Adventures on his own, but Deep Root nonsense had him reconsider.

It's a real shame if we lose Ben Heck from the pinball world. Would a kickstarter for Bible Adventures interest you?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Find out if he would want this thread.

This thread is gold, we need it...

It's good fun if nothing else...

Regardless of this thread's poll results, I'd say we're nearly all Ben Heck fans.

#8 6 years ago

Keep the faith! There seem to be plenty of one or the other out there: JPop keeps getting another chance!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can think of about 8,347 better themes.... unless it’s totally mocking the Bible...then put me down for 2.

I won't pretend to speak for Ben, but my understanding is it neither promotes or bashes. It just recognizes that it's content that many if not everyone recognizes and can make an entertaining theme.

#17 6 years ago

That's just nerd speak, he's trying to convey it has mass appeal!

Give him a break, it's the speech his usual audience understands!

#19 6 years ago

Nice try, we're not going down that path...

1 week later
    #314 6 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

The question is "Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?" My answer is "no". But I would buy it. There's no option for "no, but I am interested in buying the machine" so I didn't vote. I'm not saying you'd get a different answer, but the OP asked the wrong question.

Yes, I selected the answers based on the assumption that the biggest problem would be getting it built, since Ben was separating from Spooky. But I was surprised and pleased to hear that Ben brushed that aside as not being an issue.

I was also wondering about the theme's appeal too. But you choose any theme, more often than not, over half the pinsiders are not interested in the theme. The only thing different with this one, is the theme is more polarizing so people are more passionate to say no. On the flip side, there are also some, like me, that have no interest in many of the existing themes like rock-based ones. I'm concluding the theme would not be the problem. Build it and they will come.

Finally, it seemed like Ben was burned out on Pinball, but glad to see he's chimed in here, and still has the passion for both pinball and his theme. There's still hope! I'm a true believer!

Quoted from zr11990:

I think some of you people are a bunch of babies and are way too sensitive for grown ass men. I am Christian and it didn’t bother
    me one bit. It doesn’t change my faith at all. Talk to God about it when you meet him if my faith is riotous. The Bible never says to get all pissy when someone rejects it. It says to knock the dust off you sandals and walk away. Having someone banned because you don’t like what they say is a bitch move in my opinion.

I like you pointing out the correct response. But I think someone might have that reaction because there definitely seems to be a double standard at play. A lot of people feel the need to chime in about their personal beliefs in opposition of this theme, but I'm betting it's not as acceptable if a believer went on the same way.

Quoted from Astropin:

I also have a strong background in religion..
    More specifically William K Clifford's 1877 - "The Ethics of Belief" http://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/Clifford_ethics.pdf
    (Clifford's Principle) “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence.”
    (Clifford's Other Principle) “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone to ignore evidence that is relevant to his beliefs, or to dismiss relevant evidence in a facile way.”

I'm also a scientist, and appreciate those same principles, but they've led me to a different conclusion. With overwhelming evidence of God's work in my life, I would have to be in complete denial to consider God might not exist.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.