(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 6 years ago

I make disparaging comments about all faiths...just ask my wife.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Never seen someone ejected that quickly. It's almost like religion is a touchy subject.

I mean in that case shouldn't this whole thread be ejected? Whysnow's post was no more "religious" than any other in this thread. If it was I missed it.

#156 6 years ago

THICK SKIN (resized).jpgTHICK SKIN (resized).jpg

#215 6 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

I know I wanna get to pearly gates multi-ball, destroy the devil, obtain God's approval, and ascent into Wizard mode.

I don't.

#234 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I know a Pin like this might catch my eye. I would drop a quarter in for sure.

I wouldn't.

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

my beliefs are very different than most people's. But similar.

I know I'm going too regret this...but explain?

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have a very strong background in religion on this planet. It is unique because of my whole life. I was a catholic school student when my mother got a divorce in 1976. I began to see the chinks.
    I attended and paid attention at a megachurch for more than fifteen years. This was saddle back church.
    It leaves pinball and becomes a taboo subject here now.
    I am an open book, but I hate to close down a good thread. My input on religion in this world. Is a work in progress. Thanks for asking.

I also have a strong background in religion...but only as a child. Attended church every Sunday and even "Sunday School" in my younger days. By the time I reached High School I was already well on my way to becoming an atheist. Just the way my mind works I guess. I always had a heavy slant towards science...and unlike others I could never reconcile the two...one had to go and it wasn't going to be science.

Today I consider myself (If I must use a label) an "Evidentialist". More specifically William K Clifford's 1877 - "The Ethics of Belief" http://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/Clifford_ethics.pdf

(Clifford's Principle) “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence.”
    (Clifford's Other Principle) “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone to ignore evidence that is relevant to his beliefs, or to dismiss relevant evidence in a facile way.”

Clifford's big controversy is that he attributes a "moral duty" to believing things only upon the weight of the evidence to support that belief. AKA...it is immoral to hold a belief without sufficient evidence.

Now one can always get into a debate on what constitutes sufficient evidence? Obviously I personally follow the rules of evidence as governed by science.

#292 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I struggled and struggled with belief. I still do. Like all of us, on this planet.

Being an "evidentialist" I really don't struggle with belief. I believe things to the degree that there is scientific evidence to hold that belief. Which means my belifs are never set in stone. As new evidence arises my beliefs adjust. It also means that I believe nothing 100% (falsifiability). So my range is roughly 0-99% (God to Gravity).

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I simply prepare for the worst and hope for the best, now.
    It is not simple

I've heard this a lot. I do not do this. Preparing for the worst is too much stress / work. Just bring it... and I'll do my best to handle it. But I'm not going to worry about it ahead of time.

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

People don't get it. Look, this theme does not have to pick sides. It doesn't have to be reverential OR satirical. Watch, Ben just described Noah's mode: Alright, at the end of the mode, regardless of how well you've done, the dinosaurs miss the boat and kangaroos are shown hopping their way from Mt. Ararat across SE Asia and off to Australia. This is an, "Ahh... Poor dinosaurs. Go you plucky marsupials!" faith affirming mystery moment for the devout, and a hilarious joke to atheists. All in one. It doesn't have to mock anyone.
    The stories that affirm the faith of appolgetics are the same exact things that atheists find ridiculous, even if you just treat the material literally.

Oh I get it... I'm just not interested. Not saying I wouldn't play it...I would, I just wouldn't own it.

#301 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Though I wouldn’t risk placing them side by side.

Do It!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.