(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 6 years ago

Ben said he was considering moving forward with Bible Adventures on his own, but Deep Root nonsense had him reconsider.

It's a real shame if we lose Ben Heck from the pinball world. Would a kickstarter for Bible Adventures interest you?

#2 6 years ago

Why not. I would certainly be interested.

#3 6 years ago

Find out if he would want this thread.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Would a kickstarter for Bible Adventures interest you?

It would be interesting to watch for sure.

"Pinball has nothing left for me" doesn't sound very assuring though.

#5 6 years ago

If there are gruesome scenes of David cutting off Goliath’s head like some old Sunday school cartoons I remember, of course!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Find out if he would want this thread.

This thread is gold, we need it...

It's good fun if nothing else...

Regardless of this thread's poll results, I'd say we're nearly all Ben Heck fans.

#7 6 years ago

At this point, you'd have to be rich or certifiably insane to "fund" the production of any pinball machine. I would think most people share that line of thinking these days.

#8 6 years ago

Keep the faith! There seem to be plenty of one or the other out there: JPop keeps getting another chance!

#9 6 years ago

I can think of about 8,347 better themes.... unless it’s totally mocking the Bible...then put me down for 2.

#10 6 years ago

If he makes it and it's an awesome pinball machine, I would buy one. The magic of TNA with some Jesus sprinkled on top? Amen, why not.

Would I preorder?... no, I just don't think it's a good idea because I want to play a game before I buy. I would trust Ben with preorder money more than most though because of his proven good reputation.

#11 6 years ago

To be fair, Kevin Costner got to do his dream theme Waterworld with plenty of money that was not his own.

#12 6 years ago

Not a theme I would be interested but I want a kitchen knightmares Pinball.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can think of about 8,347 better themes.... unless it’s totally mocking the Bible...then put me down for 2.

I won't pretend to speak for Ben, but my understanding is it neither promotes or bashes. It just recognizes that it's content that many if not everyone recognizes and can make an entertaining theme.

#14 6 years ago

hell yes!

#15 6 years ago

I'm in on the game just cant see it happening on his own.
    I'd much rather she him jump no somewhere like AP that has the ability to make it happen before 2020.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

my understanding is it neither promotes or bashes. It just recognizes that it's content that many if not everyone recognizes and can make an entertaining theme.

It also

Quoted from benheck:

provides compatibility with the Jewish faith

whatever that means.

#17 6 years ago

That's just nerd speak, he's trying to convey it has mass appeal!

Give him a break, it's the speech his usual audience understands!

#18 6 years ago

Well, man, shouldn't it provide compatibility with the Christian, Muslim, or even Buddhist faith too?

#19 6 years ago

Nice try, we're not going down that path...

#20 6 years ago

I honestly thought this theme was a joke awhile back.
    I guess not..

#21 6 years ago

Would it come with a Satan bash toy?

#22 6 years ago

You left out I don’t give a sh!t about Ben Heck from from the poll.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Pinball has nothing left for me" doesn't sound very assuring though.

Ask not what does pinball have left for you, but what do you have left for pinball.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Nice try, we're not going down that path...

I'm not the one that started down that trail. Carry on....

#25 6 years ago

Not interested in owning but I’d play, and Ben Heck is awesome - so I’d donate to a kickstarter. Unfortunately you’re looking at a lot of $$ needed up get this off the ground so $50 here and there won’t add up to too much in a smaller community like this and very few people want to preorder now a days.. plus it’s a bit polarizing theme so figure maybe only 1/2 or less of Pinballers are prob into it. that said, there probably IS a lot of material for the theme and more Pinball is generally a good thing.

Bottom line - your missing a spot in the poll for “id donate but not interested in purchasing/downpayment”.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Bottom line - your missing a spot in the poll for “id donate but not interested in purchasing/downpayment”.

This is a good point. Can crowdfunding in pinball be more than just pre-ordering a complete pinball machine?

I guess more of the Patreon model. Is Ben's presence and contributions worth *something* to enough people, that collectively it adds up to something meaningful for both sides of the equation.

#27 6 years ago

Thou shall not steal mode -- make it so.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This is a good point. Can crowdfunding in pinball be more than just pre-ordering a complete pinball machine?
    I guess more of the Patreon model. Is Ben's presence and contributions worth *something* to enough people, that collectively it adds up to something meaningful for both sides of the equation.

I would pay in to be able to watch a show about the development of the game.

#29 6 years ago

I thought the title was just an ongoing joke.
    I voted NO, but who knows, could be the biggest seller ever with non pinball peeps.

#30 6 years ago

Ben seems like a trustworthy, well respected, honest, above board, brilliant, motivated guy.
    But no one should pay anyone for a game that does not exist yet.

#31 6 years ago

I bet I know what could be crowdsourced...

The fee to purchase the license that they were not able to acquire for the game Ben already have partially done...

I would happily chip in for that and with all the pinheads and Ben Heck show followers out there, I have to guess the funds could come pretty easy in a crowd funding rally...

I know what the theme is and it is awesome enough that people would likely chip in just to see Ben back in the game and theme get made.

#32 6 years ago

Fund? Chip in? For a pinball machine?

#33 6 years ago

I like Ben....but Heck no.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I know what the theme is and it is awesome enough that people would likely chip in just to see Ben back in the game and theme get made.

The first one definitely!

The second one, I'm not so sure. With Ben's ideas and implementation of toys and mechs, it would be a fantastic game for sure. I just don't think theme alone would get people excited enough to fund it.

Now, the third licence batted around, would be off the charts for sure!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Wow I feel the same way, I never clicked on the Bible Adventures thread because I literally thought it was a joke. Never occurred to me that people are serious about this title. This went way over my head.

#36 6 years ago

If this guaranteed a pin in every church, I would be so in.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

plus it’s a bit polarizing theme so figure maybe only 1/2 or less of Pinballers are prob into it.

Because *so* many of us are fans of bands that haven't been relevant in decades, right? Make a great game and it sells itself, irrespective of the theme.

#38 6 years ago

1l27bc (resized).jpg1l27bc (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago

If you look carefully, you can see the face of Ben Heck.

zzzzzchrist_03 (resized).jpgzzzzzchrist_03 (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

Did I miss something? What happened with Deeproot and BH?

#41 6 years ago

I don't need people to fund the development of a game. I'd just need people to buy it.

And yes, the theme is not a joke. I really think it would make a fantastic ruleset.

#42 6 years ago

Throw thousands at a pinball startup? Sure, why not - what could possible go wrong?

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Did I miss something? What happened with Deeproot and BH?

Nothing...The Deep Root charmer is just making rumblings about stealing his idea along with making the other 38 games they have in the pipeline.

#44 6 years ago

The march around Jericho.

When the castle exploded on the play field, it was not pleasant...

046-the-walls-of-jericho-fall-down-wikimedia-commons (resized).jpg046-the-walls-of-jericho-fall-down-wikimedia-commons (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nothing...The Deep Root charmer is just making rumblings about stealing his idea along with making the other 38 games they have in the pipeline.

Pinball is easy.

#46 6 years ago

I would personally buy one....great theme....and you a lot to work with...on top with a great rule set I think you will be surprised on how many you will sell.....

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I voted NO, but who knows, could be the biggest seller ever with non pinball peeps.

I'm with this guy. I thought the bible adventures thread was a joke too.

#48 6 years ago

No. 11: Thall shalt not prepay.

PS: No interest but I'd like to see how the Red Sea mode gets pulled off though.

#50 6 years ago

I assumed that it started a bit tongue and cheek, but then as people really started thinking about it the more it sounded like a perfectly viable theme.

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.